Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Date: June 21, 2017 10:26

I have said it countless times. Nothing will beat We Love You as the opener.

They have the chance to show their fans a wee bit of love by doing that smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 21, 2017 12:13

DandelionPowderman

They have the chance to show their fans a wee bit of love by doing that smiling smiley

Great Great Great!!smileys with beersmileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 21, 2017 16:19

corriecas
DandelionPowderman

Jeroen

Only if they make it their own and don't try to copy the studio single. Like for example a hot piano/guitar/guitar jam a la Sway with a reinvented/reinterpreted song like they used to do in the old days. Look at how they reworked Stray Cat Blues on GYYYO. Hearing the opening notes of that intense piano riff in the dark would be a really pleasant surprise. To play devil's advocate though, somehow that song is too "disconnected." Something about it being from a bygone era of Brian Jones/drug busts and all that, it reflects a small slice in time that is long long gone and disconnected from the essence of the band, IMO.

On another note I watched some of the Totally Stripped shows from 1995 recently. Assuming that they did not go crazy with overdubs, at that point Keith could still really play. I was even a bit shocked at how well he was playing. Alas, that was a long time ago.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 21, 2017 16:43

How do we meet up before and after some of these shows? Should Bjornulf create another thread just for meeting? It would be a scream to meet folks face-to-face instead of online.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 21, 2017 16:51

shattered
How do we meet up before and after some of these shows? Should Bjornulf create another thread just for meeting? It would be a scream to meet folks face-to-face instead of online.

I'm pretty sure these infos will be posted on the threads that are linked on the first page of this one, like it was on the previous tours.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: June 21, 2017 17:10

Cristiano Radtke
shattered

I'm pretty sure these infos will be posted on the threads that are linked on the first page of this one, like it was on the previous tours.

Would be great to meet some of you guys! Barcelona, Amsterdam and Düsseldorf smiling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 21, 2017 18:45

RG
Cristiano Radtke
shattered

Would be great to meet some of you guys! Barcelona, Amsterdam and Düsseldorf smiling smiley

Same here! I never met another IORRian before... =o))
Hamburg, Lucca, Arnhem, Paris 2nd & 3d.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 21, 2017 20:11

Its funny , i have met many IORRian's in the last two years and they always say i seem much nicer than i appear from my posts. Anyone else get this, the written word comes over all wrong at times.. People take things too personal on this forum imho. If i don't like Mick , it doesn't mean i don't like you sort of thing.eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-21 20:12 by stone4ever.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 21, 2017 20:17

stone4ever
. If i don't like Mick , it doesn't mean i don't like you sort of thing.eye rolling smiley

Perhaps you are looking at it backwards...
If you don't like Mick , it may mean Mick fans don't like you cool smiley

Date: June 21, 2017 20:34

MisterDDDD
stone4ever
. If i don't like Mick , it doesn't mean i don't like you sort of thing.eye rolling smiley

So if i vote conservative and you vote Labour we have to dislike each other.
I for instance fully understand why some don't like some aspects of Keith even though they love the Stones in general.
Its un-evolved as a human being to dislike someone because of their views.
For instance i think Doxa is a gem, a genius in fact but i disagree with most of his views. I don't know mate, generate division if you must but its not my bag. We are all one as it happens, with slightly different personalized variations, but of the same thing.

Date: June 21, 2017 22:12

stone4ever
MisterDDDD
stone4ever

I for instance fully understand why some don't like some aspects of Keith even though they love the Stones in general.
For instance i think Doxa is a gem, a genius in fact but i disagree with most of his views. I don't know mate, generate division if you must but its not my bag. We are all one as it happens, with slightly different personalized variations, but of the same thing.

"People take things too personal on this forum imho." - stone4ever

It looks like you fall victim to this as well.
Lighthearted jab, mate.

Not sure about "conservative vs Labour" argument (true blue Democrat here)
But if were both posting on a Democratic Party "fan-site" and you hated Obama, then yeah, it's going to affect my opinion of you.

Date: June 22, 2017 00:02

MisterDDDD
stone4ever
MisterDDDD
stone4ever

"People take things too personal on this forum imho." - stone4ever

It looks like you fall victim to this as well.
Lighthearted jab, mate.

Not sure about "conservative vs Labour" argument (true blue Democrat here)
But if were both posting on a Democratic Party "fan-site" and you hated Obama, then yeah, it's going to affect my opinion of you.

I knew you were making a lighthearted jab, it wasn't an issue, i don't do lighthearted so much, you just end up talking about the Stones in a positive way all the time and it gets to sound like a relentless creepy PR stunt. I prefer to keep it real and hopefully this goes beyond nerds being nerds. I mean you are all virtual people here but i have made a few friends that i email and have friendly intelligent discussions with. It doesn't have to be this, "you're with me or against me" dialog all the time, there's room for people to converse on another level outside of our favorite band. Or maybe not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 01:05 by stone4ever.

Date: June 22, 2017 00:13

MileHigh
corriecas
DandelionPowderman

Jeroen

Only if they make it their own and don't try to copy the studio single. Like for example a hot piano/guitar/guitar jam a la Sway with a reinvented/reinterpreted song like they used to do in the old days. Look at how they reworked Stray Cat Blues on GYYYO. Hearing the opening notes of that intense piano riff in the dark would be a really pleasant surprise. To play devil's advocate though, somehow that song is too "disconnected." Something about it being from a bygone era of Brian Jones/drug busts and all that, it reflects a small slice in time that is long long gone and disconnected from the essence of the band, IMO.

On another note I watched some of the Totally Stripped shows from 1995 recently. Assuming that they did not go crazy with overdubs, at that point Keith could still really play. I was even a bit shocked at how well he was playing. Alas, that was a long time ago.

Actually, it's one of those songs where sticking to the studio version might be a good idea, imo.

Date: June 23, 2017 16:40

stone4ever
I knew you were making a lighthearted jab, it wasn't an issue, i don't do lighthearted so much, you just end up talking about the Stones in a positive way all the time and it gets to sound like a relentless creepy PR stunt.

"Fan" finds being positive about band on band fan site "creepy"..
Fair enough.

Date: June 23, 2017 20:23

MisterDDDD
stone4ever
I knew you were making a lighthearted jab, it wasn't an issue, i don't do lighthearted so much, you just end up talking about the Stones in a positive way all the time and it gets to sound like a relentless creepy PR stunt.

"Fan" finds being positive about band on band fan site "creepy"..
Fair enough.

Its the relentless being positive that's creepy. Its not being honest is it.
This band as much as i love them have aspects about them that are negative.
I'm not getting at you MisterDDDD you're cool and balanced as far as your posts go.
Its fine to bang on about how great the live shows are etc, but in truth a lot of us have become bored with the whole deal.
We want more of the Sticky Fingers Fonda gig type of show.
Lets have the whole of Exile over two night's , now that would be amazing. Its doable. More varied set lists, who wants to hear Miss You again and again, replace it with Rocks Off, If You Can't Rock Me or Memory Motel.
The Stones have people that actually listen in and give feedback to the Stones from fan sites like this one, especially this one, so we need to talk about how we would love to see the Stones play such and such a song.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-23 20:35 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 23, 2017 20:23

The discussion about We Love You as opening song is pretty absurd, but the audience might be pleased.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 23, 2017 21:52

Monsoon Ragoon
The discussion about We Love You as opening song is pretty absurd, but the audience might be pleased.

Assuming a crowd of 50,000, here's my guess as to audience reaction to "We Love You" as a show opener:

1,000--ok, cool, but they shoulda opened with "gomper"
5,000--@#$%& awesome!
9,000--is this that thing he sang w Taylor swift?
35,000--what the @#$%& is this? I paid $1500 to hear @#$%& "brown sugar" @#$%&!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 23, 2017 22:03

LongBeachArena72
Monsoon Ragoon

Assuming a crowd of 50,000, here's my guess as to audience reaction to "We Love You" as a show opener:

5,000--@#$%& awesome!

Didn't have Not Fade Away have the same problem. But I think it worked.

Date: June 23, 2017 22:49

LongBeachArena72
Monsoon Ragoon

5,000--@#$%& awesome!

The words in the chorus will have a transcendental effect on them...

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 23, 2017 23:07

DandelionPowderman
LongBeachArena72
Monsoon Ragoon

5,000--@#$%& awesome!

The words in the chorus will have a transcendental effect on them...

Touche, DP. As you know, I am all about transcendence.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 23, 2017 23:20

Monsoon Ragoon

It's the sort of pandering song they might do if Paul McCartney were in the band. But I hear they are, indeed, doing a reworking for the tour, which will be interesting. It will renamed "We Love You(r) Money, Not You."

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 23, 2017 23:53

DeanGoodman
Monsoon Ragoon

It's the sort of pandering song they might do if Paul McCartney were in the band. But I hear they are, indeed, doing a reworking for the tour, which will be interesting. It will renamed "We Love You(r) Money, Not You."

Do you mean also reworking the whole set list?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 24, 2017 00:45

Before I forget and to mention now, for everyone that is going to the shows, please do a real quick "before the show" crowd scan like this one:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 25, 2017 18:28

That was cool watching the "before the show" video, but much better is if anyone going can Periscope the show. Last tour I got to see many songs from almost every different venue, it was @#$%& cool. We should plan something like this if at all possible. Biggest trouble, phones running out of battery. So we need 3-4 people for every show to catch it all. Not impossible!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 25, 2017 20:57

BitchKeepsBitchin
That was cool watching the "before the show" video, but much better is if anyone going can Periscope the show. Last tour I got to see many songs from almost every different venue, it was @#$%& cool. We should plan something like this if at all possible. Biggest trouble, phones running out of battery. So we need 3-4 people for every show to catch it all. Not impossible!

AB-SO-LUTELY! I'm in support of this idea since long and I enjoyed the scope-feeds during the last tours tremendously. I promised myself not to miss 1 single show of this band as long as they are still delivering! grinning smiley

As for the battery: zero problem here - there are lots of cheap and very effective powerpacks to keep you going for hours!

Biggest problems left are the data-rate-supply of the given venue, which often is slow due to lots of people using it and the flatrate-contigent you have or the capacity of your connection.

Nevertheless - there are always folks who stream. Maybe it would be nice if we could have one or two from us at the show to cover the Keith-part of the show, because often times, it's here where the suppy of streams gets really thin.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 25, 2017 21:54

People with new cell phones can record the show in 4K!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 26, 2017 18:35

DandelionPowderman

That would be so great. Out of their classic early period singles it's one of the only songs they have never played live. The others are Come On and Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadows.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 26, 2017 18:46

MileHigh

Yes! [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 26, 2017 22:21

Suggestion for a Non-Stones song - cover for the Tour

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 29, 2017 21:58

Cristiano Radtke
MileHigh

Yes! [www.youtube.com]

Very nice!
Just had a look at HTW. What's funny to me: as the camera zooms off into the totale, the sound becomes very much better, more bass etc. As soon as he zooms again nearer towards the stage, the sounds flattens considerably.

Can't see the reason - the micro still is at the same spot, right? Or is this some kind of 'microphone-zoom' just like an optical zoom??? confused smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home