Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 18, 2017 22:52

bv
For every tour The Rolling Stones are doing these days, their long time fans get older, with more money, some even retired with cash in the bank available for spending. Every tour every year the demand is higher than the supply. They do only perform some 14 shows per year, in front of some 750,000 fans in the world. More and more fans travel, more and more fans do not see one show, but several shows. Needless to say, every year ticket prices are going up.

Also, the fans do know the clock is ticking. There will not be many more "European Tours". May be this is the last one. May be they do UK 2018. Or may be they finish where it all began in oct/Nov 2012 - in Paris.

I do still remember the one show I planned to go to, but never went to. My "lost" show. It was at the end of the 1982 tour, 35 years ago. I had seen them a few times during the summer. I wanted to go to the show in Leeds UK, but I did not go. For several reasons. I was broke with a wife (still my wife) and three children under the age of six. For years I had big regrets. After that I never planned for any shows unless I was 100% sure I could go. It is so sad to plan for a show and feel the show in your mind and see it spilling away, only to read the reports about how great it was.

"Only the lost is eternally owned" is a translation of the text "Evig eies kun det tapte", quote from Brand by the Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen. This text has been with me in life all the years, and it is clear to me at all times. I have few guidelines in life, including "No regrets" and "Only the lost is eternally owned".

Hi Bjornulf: You are the best!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 18, 2017 22:57

slewan
DandelionPowderman
thomas guitar
i am asking myself how will it be in Germany , The no filter pit are standing, besides are seated places, how will they watch the stage, if standing people are in front of them?

A raised, seated pit?

if they raise the seats behind the pit, they'll obstruct the view of the odrinary people in the GA area…

Not if they provide stilts

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 18, 2017 23:14

bv
For every tour The Rolling Stones are doing these days, their long time fans get older, with more money, some even retired with cash in the bank available for spending. Every tour every year the demand is higher than the supply. They do only perform some 14 shows per year, in front of some 750,000 fans in the world. More and more fans travel, more and more fans do not see one show, but several shows. Needless to say, every year ticket prices are going up.

Also, the fans do know the clock is ticking. There will not be many more "European Tours". May be this is the last one. May be they do UK 2018. Or may be they finish where it all began in oct/Nov 2012 - in Paris.

I do still remember the one show I planned to go to, but never went to. My "lost" show. It was at the end of the 1982 tour, 35 years ago. I had seen them a few times during the summer. I wanted to go to the show in Leeds UK, but I did not go. For several reasons. I was broke with a wife (still my wife) and three children under the age of six. For years I had big regrets. After that I never planned for any shows unless I was 100% sure I could go. It is so sad to plan for a show and feel the show in your mind and see it spilling away, only to read the reports about how great it was.

"Only the lost is eternally owned" is a translation of the text "Evig eies kun det tapte", quote from Brand by the Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen. This text has been with me in life all the years, and it is clear to me at all times. I have few guidelines in life, including "No regrets" and "Only the lost is eternally owned".

Good story Bjornulf. Like many of us on here, I've been taking early mornings off work to try frantically to get tickets and organise my Summer Tour. The guy who sits 2 desks away from me, upon hearing that I'm a big Stones fan, told me about the one time he saw them. His Aunt bought him a ticket for a show as a treat when he was 18. You've guessed it - Roundhay Park, Leeds 25.7.1982 !!!

He remembers that his ticket cost £10.60 and it was unreserved GA throughout. With the UK economy in recession and high unemployment, That was actually considered expensive back then and there were even complaints! He enjoyed it though.

I have 4 shows planned so far and I'm toying with adding a 5th ( Maybe I should just do it >grinning smiley<

Date: May 18, 2017 23:14

Pilts for me, please! smileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 18, 2017 23:36

DandelionPowderman
Pilts for me, please! smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 19, 2017 01:01

slewan
DandelionPowderman
thomas guitar
i am asking myself how will it be in Germany , The no filter pit are standing, besides are seated places, how will they watch the stage, if standing people are in front of them?

A raised, seated pit?

if they raise the seats behind the pit, they'll obstruct the view of the odrinary people in the GA area…

Seats behind the pit look like in this picture. Only that the new pit will be more in rectangle shape.
[lh5.googleusercontent.com]

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: May 19, 2017 02:23

For all fans in their 50/60s the circle of life is getting closer and closer.
This applies even more to 70+ guys performing and we should treat this tour as most likely to be the last one.
There are ticket prices available to suit both young people wishing to see and hear the legendary Rolling Stones.
As BV has said there are retired people with money in the bank who will pay higher prices for tickets but there are also a multitude of reasonably priced tickets available mostly in the outer limit areas.
It is left to the individual whether to buy a ticket or not but this could indeed be the LAST TIME that one will see the greatest rock & roll band of all time in live action.
I have just forked out £1336.54 for 2 Golden Premium Tickets for Paris 3 show but being realistic have paid £62 to cover concert cancellation or travel delay.
Do i regret this- not one iota as the circle of life is rapidly also heading in my direction.
I would like to attend more venues but unfortunately the tour dates clash with my annual holidays in the Canary Islands,
However i will be back in time for Paris 25/10/17 and will attend all being well along with my daughter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 02:24 by stones40.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 19, 2017 03:57

stones40
This applies even more to 70+ guys performing and we should treat this tour as most likely to be the last one.
There are ticket prices available to suit both young people wishing to see and hear the legendary Rolling Stones.
As BV has said there are retired people with money in the bank who will pay higher prices for tickets but there are also a multitude of reasonably priced tickets available mostly in the outer limit areas.
It is left to the individual whether to buy a ticket or not but this could indeed be the LAST TIME that one will see the greatest rock & roll band of all time in live action.
I have just forked out £1336.54 for 2 Golden Premium Tickets for Paris 3 show but being realistic have paid £62 to cover concert cancellation or travel delay.
Do i regret this- not one iota as the circle of life is rapidly also heading in my direction.
I would like to attend more venues but unfortunately the tour dates clash with my annual holidays in the Canary Islands,
However i will be back in time for Paris 25/10/17 and will attend all being well along with my daughter.

if the concert is cancelled, you will be refunded. Travel delays, not so. But we will be flying free with Sky Miles which can be redeposited in my account if I had to cancel a flight.

plexi

Posted by: atip ()
Date: May 19, 2017 05:12

stones40

Man, how many years/tours have we been saying that??? At one point, I was sure I would outlast Keith. Now, maybe not.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 19, 2017 08:46

Mail by francebillet this night: "Mes alertes personnalisées : The rolling stones..."

"Nous avons le plaisir de vous informer que vos alertes salles, manifestations et artistes ont été mises à jour.
Vous les retrouverez ci dessous.

Mes alertes artistes

The Rolling Stones
Pop-rock/Folk
le dimanche 22/10/2017 à 09h00

BRUXELLES - BRUSSEL

En savoir plus
Voir toute l'actualité de cet artiste

The Rolling Stones
Pop-rock/Folk
le dimanche 22/10/2017 à 10h30

TOURNAI

En savoir plus
Voir toute l'actualité de cet artiste

Pour modifier vos abonnements à une manifestation, un artiste, ou une salle, rendez-vous dans votre compte,
cliquez ici."

The links go to fnac:
ROLLING STONES U ARENA-NANTERRE
Pop-rock/Folk
on 22/10/2017 at 9:00 AM
PLACE ROGIER
ROGIERPLEIN
1000 BRUXELLES - BRUSSEL

ROLLING STONES U ARENA-NANTERRE
BUS + BILLET PELOUSE
Pop-rock/Folk
on 2017/10/22 at 10:30 AM
TOURNAI GARE
PLACE CROMBEZ
7500 TOURNAI

Tickets from € 53.50 to € 153.50

- Got an answer in another thread: It's a bus trip including a ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 10:38 by MAF.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 19, 2017 09:10

this is strange

whats it supposed to mean?

plexi

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 19, 2017 09:35

timbernardis
stones40

if the concert is cancelled, you will be refunded. Travel delays, not so. But we will be flying free with Sky Miles which can be redeposited in my account if I had to cancel a flight.

plexi

Yes, For all fans in their 50/60s the circle of life is getting closer and closer. But the flight up to heaven (or elevator down to hell) will be free!
Keep on rocking as long as you are alive! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 09:37 by Thommie.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 19, 2017 10:43

JJHMick
latvianinexile
Third Paris show on 25 October

If there is a further show possible why not one in Germany too?
Or next year in addition to the UK Dates a revisit of the best selling markets?
Btw, No Filter: Will that be the title of the live Long Player that will be relased anyway after the tour or the title of the new material Long Player released before the tour?

My bet: one more show between København and Dusseldorf maybe somewhere in Germany because tickets were sold quickly over there or another show in Holland?
But that's all. Max 15 show this year.

The most likely this one more date between Oct 3-Oct 9 is reserved for the nowdays unmissable embarrassing "private show".
So there won't be more than 14 public show this year IMO.
(no source, just my thought)

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 15:52 by 1962.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 19, 2017 11:33

bv

"Only the lost is eternally owned" is a [...] quote from [...] the Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen.

That's a fantastic quote, bv.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 19, 2017 14:21

Speaking of prices and yesterday's papers I read this funny story in the Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat today.

They reminisced the Stones' 1970 Helsinki show at the Olympic Stadium (attendance 5000).

According to the newspaper there were 1000 other people outside the stadium "playing loud music and protesting over the 20 Mark ticket price"

20 Finnish Marks in today's currency would be the equivalent of roughly 29 €, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 14:21 by Topi.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 19, 2017 17:15

Roundhay Park was one of my favourites.My second show after Newcastle ,back in 1982.Got a sneaky feeling the Amsterdam show is gonna reach such dizzy heights.Hope it does.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 19, 2017 17:20

stargroover
Roundhay Park was one of my favourites.My second show after Newcastle ,back in 1982.Got a sneaky feeling the Amsterdam show is gonna reach such dizzy heights.Hope it does.

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie..........

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 19, 2017 17:32

Topi

20 Finnish Marks in today's currency would be the equivalent of roughly 29 €, lol.

WóW - réally?!? That IS outrageous.

How did you calculate that, btw? the Finnish mark rate at the tim of the launch of Euro currency? (Which is what most people tend to do, if they compare a rate in 'the old' currency to a Euro equivalent...)

Or was the average income/ cost of life of Finland in 1970 taken into account as well? (f.i.: how much beers in a bar, or liters of gas, or boxes of cigarettes, or ... etcetera would 20 F.Marks have bought you in that year?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 19, 2017 17:37

RoughJusticeOnYa
Topi

How did you calculate that, btw? the Finnish mark rate at the tim of the launch of Euro currency? (Which is what most people tend to do, if they compare a rate in 'the old' currency to a Euro equivalent...)

Or was the average income/ cost of life of Finland in 1970 taken into account as well? (f.i.: how much beers in a bar, or liters of gas, or boxes of cigarettes, or ... etcetera would 20 F.Marks have bought you in that year?

I'd rather estimate 20 Finnish Marks in 1970 is comparable with 70 or 80 Euro today. At least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 17:42 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: May 19, 2017 18:20

shattered
stargroover

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie..........

OT: Champagne is necessary french.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 19, 2017 19:50

For any of you historians,
is this tour the longest time ever
from official ticket purchase to actual show date?
At 1st this part was thrilling, all summer Stones jam in anticipation,
but I'm practically packed and it seems a gazillion years away.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 19, 2017 20:10

35love
is this tour the longest time ever from official ticket purchase to actual show date?

Not by a long shot. The European tours in 95, 98, 03 and 06 were all announced (and tickets put on sale) in late November or early December the year before.

Date: May 19, 2017 21:13

atip
stones40

Man, how many years/tours have we been saying that??? At one point, I was sure I would outlast Keith. Now, maybe not.

Ah! My first show was in 1982, Paris, and i thought it would be the last one because at that time 40 years old was considered as a deadline to play rock n roll.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 19, 2017 21:17

erikjjf
35love
is this tour the longest time ever from official ticket purchase to actual show date?

Not by a long shot. The European tours in 95, 98, 03 and 06 were all announced (and tickets put on sale) in late November or early December the year before.

Thanks. I also had a bad flashback to St. Paul MN 1981 mail order 2-3 months in advance, wait wait wait, no tickets (decline/ sold out)
Anyway, I AM REALLY EXCITED! Having the ticket's a blast thumbs up

Date: May 20, 2017 06:27

Monsoon Ragoon
RoughJusticeOnYa
Topi

I'd rather estimate 20 Finnish Marks in 1970 is comparable with 70 or 80 Euro today. At least.

It was the newspaper that had made the.calculation, quoting a currency calculator by the Bank of Finland. No idea what algorhitms they use.

VIP Packages
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 20, 2017 07:51

A question about the VIP packages; If I buy one , do I have to have the tickets mailed or can I still print at home ? What happens about all the extra stuff - Lithograph , travel pack etc, etc. Are these Items mailed or handed out at the gig AND are you expected to carry them during gig ?

Another question - What time is "early entry" ?

Some clarity appreciated if anyone knows

SC UK

Re: VIP Packages
Date: May 20, 2017 08:16

At least Paris and I think also the German ticket sales websites said the items will be handed at will call on the day of the show.

And yes you are expected to carry them; I remember in 2014 the Paris VIP's carried those little plastic bags around.

Ticket delivery can vary but at least Ticketmaster France is sending me my VIP ticket in registered mail.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 20, 2017 08:24

Thanks Topi. Carrying them around in GA is ridiculous IMHO. That's put me off doing VIP now.

sc uk

Posted by: sister ()
Date: May 20, 2017 08:40

Had Early entry tix in Rome 2014. Due to my travel before the show they sent the ticket to the hostel, where I had already a reservation. No problem, got my tickets 2 days before show.Of course I informed the hostel before. On show day went to a special entrance at 9h, got a message to do so. Got the wristband while waiting.We stood in line till maybe 11h.They let us in to sit or stand in the shade and at about 12:30h we were allowed to walk in, as security told us, 1 h before general opening.Picked up the extra stuff at a stand.
That left us enough time, to run to the front.and yes, its a very good advice nowadays to take early entry. Will do in Munich so.

Greets sister

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-20 12:09 by sister.

Date: May 20, 2017 08:42

straycatuk
Thanks Topi. Carrying them around in GA is ridiculous IMHO. That's put me off doing VIP now.

sc uk

Of course if you have a hotel nearby you'd have time to drop them there before entry to the venue? Me, I always bring a small backpack / satchel to shows anyway (food/clothes) so that's another option. Plus, if you're entering early there's less hassle with security too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-20 08:44 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home