Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 21, 2017 19:37

corriecas
Chris Fountain
Any clue to what the set list may consist?

Mostly songs from ABBA, Beatles,INXS,De Dijk, ZZ TOP, and one obscure song.. Start me Up ??????????

Jeroen

I was thinking some cuts off the Blue and Lonesome CD. I think Abba is a bit of a stretch. I don't think they could pull off Dancing Queen. Start Me Up is a gimme

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 21, 2017 20:06

Chris Fountain
corriecas
Chris Fountain

Mostly songs from ABBA, Beatles,INXS,De Dijk, ZZ TOP, and one obscure song.. Start me Up ??????????

Jeroen

I was thinking some cuts off the Blue and Lonesome CD. I think Abba is a bit of a stretch. I don't think they could pull off Dancing Queen. Start Me Up is a gimme

Maybe some songs from Blue n Lonesome, and the NEW album. Dont think so. Maybe Just your fool, but hope for Hoodoo Man. The general audience is not waiting on new songs, they want the WARDOGS.
jeroen

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 21, 2017 20:27

corriecas
Chris Fountain
corriecas
Chris Fountain

Jeroen

Maybe some songs from Blue n Lonesome, and the NEW album. Dont think so. Maybe Just your fool, but hope for Hoodoo Man. The general audience is not waiting on new songs, they want the WARDOGS.
jeroen

Fun songs and surprises would be great. For example, when they unleashed Emotional Rescue on the 2013 tour that was simply awesome. Maybe they they can pull a few 60s surprises such as Ride on Baby or MLHelper (very relevant) this tour to keep things interesting. YCAGWAYW can be dropped this tour.

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: May 22, 2017 02:30

I think it's safe to assume that the set list will be very similar to the past few tours with a couple of songs early in the set changing night to night and Keith switching his two songs up occasionally.
might be one or two songs from Blue and Lonesome and maybe a Chuck Berry cover.
the biggest change in the set list will come at the end of the tour when they play the three shows in Paris.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 22, 2017 07:13

They can still do a greatest hits show but Change it up.
1. Sympathy( would be a cool opener)
2. Ain't to Proud to beg
3. Not fade away
4. Beast, waiting on a friend, time is on my side
5. Blue and lonesome
6. Ride em on down
7. Tumbling dice
8 heartbreaker
9 saint of me
10. Have you seen your mother baby or Mothers little helper or 19th nervous break
11. Midnight rambler
12 connection
13 happy
14 under my thumb
15 bitch
16 hang Fire or Rough Justice
17 start me up
18 brown sugar
19 JJ flash

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: May 22, 2017 10:01

Great setlist! I'll go for that.

But no Satisfaction? Won't happenthumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-22 10:02 by micawber.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 22, 2017 11:30

Bashlets
They can still do a greatest hits show :

2. Ain't to Proud to beg
3. Not fade away
4. time is on my side
8 heartbreaker
9 saint of me
10.Have you seen your mother baby or Mothers little helper
12 connection

You gonna sink the show with dat setlist, boy!

Since 2014 Jagger has cooked a setlist/menu that works great for the average punter and he's going to serve that meal till the band retires. Period!

There'll only [be] marginal alterations to the setlist as we've know it since MT left again.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-22 11:40 by dcba.

Date: May 22, 2017 11:38

dcba
Bashlets
They can still do a greatest hits show :

2. Ain't to Proud to beg
3. Not fade away
4. time is on my side
8 heartbreaker
9 saint of me
10.Have you seen your mother baby or Mothers little helper
12 connection

You gonna sink the show with dat setlist, boy!

Since 2014 Jagger has cooked a setlist/menu that works great for the average punter and he's going to serve that meal till the band retires. Period!

There'll only marginal alterations to the setlist as we've know it since MT left again.

And it's the STREAMING greatest hits that make the biggest part of the setlist.

However, the setlist on the Zip Code tour was indeed after Taylor left again. They did change it a bit more around then:

Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
All Down The Line
Tumbling Dice
Doom & Gloom
Bitch (with Gary Clarke Jr)
Moonlight Mile
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Street Fighing Man (by request)
Honky Tonk Women
--- Band introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Sympathy For The Devil
Brown Sugar
--- Band off stage
You Can't Always Get What You Want (with choir)
Satisfaction

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 22, 2017 12:33

that should at least add a surprise slot to the last third of the show to kept fans who go to more than one show awake (some short rocker like Rough Justice, Rip This Joint, Bitch or some Chuck Berry number)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 22, 2017 15:52

For set list discussions please use the separate thread:

The Rolling Stones set list discussions ; [www.iorr.org]

If you don't know how to find the set list thread, then you will find links here:

- On the first page of this thread
- IORR Forum links of interest (link on IORR home page)

Bjornulf

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 22, 2017 18:42

Hello!
Any clues regarding opening bands for this Tour?

Periscopes
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 22, 2017 20:59

Hi all,

can't wait for all the hype and excitement when the tour begins. Especially all the people here when it comes to showtime and we trade pics and observations already hours before the show! >grinning smiley<

Now, as we begin in Hamburg, do you think it is possible to have some volunteers at the show from among us who would provide the periscope feed?

It would be so cool to have that fixed before the shows start so we all can enhjoy the shows even if we can't make it to the location ourselfs!

Whaddya think?? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:16

micawber
Great setlist! I'll go for that.

But no Satisfaction? Won't happenthumbs down

Micawber, r u the German who gave me a lot of discs about ten yrs ago? I tried e mailing u to the address listed on your IORR profile but it bounced back at me.

plexi

Re: Periscopes
Date: May 23, 2017 02:21

waterrats
Hi all,

can't wait for all the hype and excitement when the tour begins. Especially all the people here when it comes to showtime and we trade pics and observations already hours before the show! >grinning smiley<

Now, as we begin in Hamburg, do you think it is possible to have some volunteers at the show from among us who would provide the periscope feed?

It would be so cool to have that fixed before the shows start so we all can enhjoy the shows even if we can't make it to the location ourselfs!

I could do that for one of the Paris shows but would need to download the app/program and my battery won't last long enough to do a whole show I think. Have to find out how much another battery would be, or take up a collection amongst IORR members.

plexi

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 11:51

timbernardis
waterrats
Hi all,

I could do that for one of the Paris shows but would need to download the app/program and my battery won't last long enough to do a whole show I think. Have to find out how much another battery would be, or take up a collection amongst IORR members.

plexi

Can't we just enjoy the show? I would hate it if someone in front of me was filming the whole concert.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: May 23, 2017 12:58

Do some of you indeed hope for a special setlist? That won't happen. The majority of concert attendees are not die-hard fans. The Stones know that, that's for sure. Hence, we'll get warhorses again, probably decorated with a couple of slightly well-known songs and hopefully one or two surprises.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 23, 2017 15:47

By the way, does anybody know or guess that the song request will be back for the No Filter Tour this fall?

Thanks! thumbs up

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 23, 2017 15:54

calipachangero
By the way, does anybody know or guess that the song request will be back for the No Filter Tour this fall?

Wait until a day or two before each show.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 23, 2017 16:20

Yes I know that it won't be online to choose from a list until a few days before the show, I just wondered because the song request was gone last year in California and Las Vegas.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 23, 2017 17:42

Meise
Do some of you indeed hope for a special setlist? That won't happen. The majority of concert attendees are not die-hard fans. The Stones know that, that's for sure. Hence, we'll get warhorses again, probably decorated with a couple of slightly well-known songs and hopefully one or two surprises.

I agree with you, although I thought Desert Trip had special setlists for nowadays Stones concerts. They just toured Europe in 2014 so it's not too far-fetched that that they will change some things, and if we are lucky we get some setlists as good as DT. Of course they will play all the warhorses, but if they change the order a bit and play a few suprises in the first half of the show (at DT Mixed Emotions, Sweet virginia, Come Together, Live With Me etc.) I will be happysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 23, 2017 18:28

calipachangero
Yes I know that it won't be online to choose from a list until a few days before the show, I just wondered because the song request was gone last year in California and Las Vegas.

I think there was a song vote online for the cancelled Vegas gig. There wasn't a vote for the "second" gig. Maybe because with only 15 Mick songs it was way too short.

Date: May 23, 2017 18:57

Frankly, I don't remember. Maybe - can you give me a hint, which CDs?
Write to micawber52@gmx.de

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 23, 2017 20:49

hockenheim95
calipachangero

I think there was a song vote online for the cancelled Vegas gig. There wasn't a vote for the "second" gig. Maybe because with only 15 Mick songs it was way too short.
Exactly right.
Thought perhaps they played the winning song from the cancelled gig, but not certain.

Date: May 24, 2017 01:04

micawber
Write to [email protected]

Frankly, I don't remember. I do remember having a long e mail discussion of Flashpoint and all the songs not on the full album that turned up on 2 song CDs or maybe EPs and how one could piece them all together with the album cuts to get a full concert. I know, not much to go on.

Oh, I just searched e mail under Micawber and Frederik Moll turned up -- is that u? If so, I will e mail u.

The e mails were from May 2009.

plexi

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 24, 2017 01:08

Question regarding the Paris shows, perhaps it was answered earlier. I realize they added a third show due to demand. Did they consider playing in a different city instead like Rome, Madrid, etc. or another German city? I'm sure there would be demand to do second shows in a lot of the current cities so I thought it was a bit peculiar that they're not only doing two but now three shows in Paris.

Date: May 24, 2017 07:39

timbernardis
micawber
Write to [email protected]

Frankly, I don't remember. I do remember having a long e mail discussion of Flashpoint and all the songs not on the full album that turned up on 2 song CDs or maybe EPs and how one could piece them all together with the album cuts to get a full concert. I know, not much to go on.

Oh, I just searched e mail under Micawber and Frederik Moll turned up -- is that u? If so, I will e mail u.

The e mails were from May 2009.

plexi

No, that wasn't me, sorry...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 24, 2017 10:14

DGA35
Question regarding the Paris shows, perhaps it was answered earlier. I realize they added a third show due to demand. Did they consider playing in a different city instead like Rome, Madrid, etc. or another German city? I'm sure there would be demand to do second shows in a lot of the current cities so I thought it was a bit peculiar that they're not only doing two but now three shows in Paris.

Must be cheaper to do 3 in one place than to haul the gear and the people around.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 24, 2017 10:19

hockenheim95
timbernardis
waterrats
Hi all,

plexi

Can't we just enjoy the show? I would hate it if someone in front of me was filming the whole concert.

Well, think about the thousands who would have liked to be where you are if the show starts but couldn't make it - like living on the wrong continent, couldn't get a ticket or any other reason to not haveing been able to make it to the show.

There will be handys all around anyway.

But most important: I don't know how many gigs this band will play in the future. When I saw the periscope feeds from the Stones gigs some years ago, I promised myself not to miss a single gig of the Stones as long as they do another one.

This wouldn't have been possible just some years ago. I got up in the middle of the night and enjoyed the shows when they did the SA and US tours of lately. I enjoyed the comments and tips around these events here at IORR a lot. Then I went to work, but at least I had seen the show or at least some part of it.

It's just great!

As for the additional battery packs, these are easy to get aand work really well. Only problem could be the data-flatrate one needs and the quality of the connection at the show. In SA that was really difficult from time to time but in EU it should be very ok anywhere.

By now, there is not only periscope but also some other apps both for IOs and Android.

I'm in for 2 shows this time, but I am also very much looking forward to the other shows of the No Filter tour I will try to join by this. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 24, 2017 12:20

DGA35

There were negotiations at least with Berlin and probably some other cities for Germany. One or two of them will appear next year?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 24, 2017 13:39

Monsoon Ragoon
DGA35

There were negotiations at least with Berlin and probably some other cities for Germany. One or two of them will appear next year?

I thought, only UK dates next year??? and in which months, summer?
jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home