Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...319320321322323324325326327328329...LastNext
Current Page: 324 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: rbp ()
Date: March 19, 2019 21:26

They are just getting this HONK thing out so they have something to tour with.
Pile of CRAP in my opinion.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 19, 2019 22:20

they have plenty to tour with, without releasing the same stuff over and over again, theyre not going to fool experienced fans by releasing this.

it might appeal to newer fans, but not the vast majority. only so much compilations a person can take.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 19, 2019 22:28

rbp

They could come out with a statement to say we are never writing anything again and they would still sell out concerts around the world.
Be patient a new album is coming.

Nate

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 20, 2019 03:50

Hairball
But wait Ian...don't get discouraged...here's some new info to lighten up your day!

bye bye johnny
From Keith's interview with Georg Cederskog of Dagens Nyheter, published March 18:

We just recorded a few weeks ago in LA. It is very good stuff and all the boys are in good shape, he answers and emphasizes the producer / musician Don Was in the studio work.

– Don is like one to Rolling Stone if you ask me. He is the one who reminds me most about how it was to work in studios with Jimmy Miller (the band's producer during the creative peak years 1968–73). Probably because he, like Jimmy, is a musician, they contribute something extra. We still make analog recordings, on tape recorders, the best of the old technology, but we also use the new one, he assures.

[vaaju.com]

Thanks bye bye johnny - this is sure to inspire at least several more pages of speculation!

"It is very good stuff..." winking smiley

the good news is he and Mick have been meeting regularly to write the album. Seems they were willing to work several times together (jus in shorter segments ..). That is the good news.

But hey ..remember .. they are 'working on it' .. remember now .. 'work in progress' as they have told us. Hurray!! .. Glad we got that news FINALLY! Thanks Keith (I don't know why they couldn't of at least let us know that much all along? .. .. ... grinning smiley ). We can sit back, kick back our heels .. take a nap and when we wake ... I'm sure an album, with a probable release time frame will be set.

Oh Wait .. One Small disclaimer: That could be in fall of 2019, early 2020, possibly even 2021 ...or some time up to 2025 depending on how things go .. .. grinning smiley

Oh yes .. remember one more thing... Be patient. K thx

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-20 08:39 by IanBillen.

Date: March 20, 2019 08:42

Nate
rbp

They could come out with a statement to say we are never writing anything again and they would still sell out concerts around the world.

Nate

It's been 14 years .. how patient do ya want us? .. ...

yawning smiley .. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-20 08:42 by IanBillen.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 20, 2019 12:10

IanBillen
Nate
rbp

Nate

So the theory of mine about writers block, doesn't seem so far fetched now

Date: March 20, 2019 12:16

IanBillen
Nate
rbp

Nate

So the theory of mine about writers block, doesn't seem so far fetched now winking smiley

Look at the facts, 4 years ago Mick says he has 40 demo's, what happened to them ? were they any good ?
Keith starts on the so called new Stones album not long after Crosseyed Heart, why should it be so hard for Keith to write after he did such a good job with Steve Jordan ? Why is Keith finding it difficult to write with Mick ?

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: March 20, 2019 12:27

HONK makes one certain that the new album really is on the way. I mean: there are no new tracks on HONK and it's not aimed at us diehards, but at newcomers that might be tempted to hear a bit more before (one hopes) buying all post-'70 albums. I think the relative latterday emphasis seems to show a promising confidence in new and forthcoming material.

Date: March 20, 2019 12:35

GetYerAngie
HONK makes one certain that the new album really is on the way. I mean: there are no new tracks on HONK and it's not aimed at us diehards, but at newcomers that might be tempted to hear a bit more before (one hopes) buying all post-'70 albums. I think the relative latterday emphasis seems to show a promising confidence in new and forthcoming material.

Who's to say Mick and Keith just can't get along and the New Album isn't coming ever. I mean if they can't agree on anything you hit a stalemate.
Remember Longbeacharena72 he was convinced from the off that there wouldn't be a new album, i beginning to think he was right lol.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 20, 2019 14:09

GetYerAngie

This observation was also a relief for me. They didn't waste any bullets to HONK from their on-going sessions. They are aiming at something bigger than boosting the sales a greatest hits collection. Another way to say it is that they are serious about the new album.

Of course, the wall-theorists in the world of their alternative facts have every right to believe that not including any new songs is a sign that among the new stuff in the can so far there aren't any even as strong songs as "Don't Stop", "Losing My Touch", "Doom & Gloom" or "One More Shot" to fulfill their function (songs they actually accomplished in a few days at the time)...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-20 14:11 by Doxa.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2019 14:30

Doxa
GetYerAngie

This observation was also a relief for me. They didn't waste any bullets to HONK from their on-going sessions. They are aiming at something bigger than boosting the sales a greatest hits collection. Another way to say it is that they are serious about the new album.

Of course, the wall-theorists in the world of their alternative facts have every right to believe that not including any new songs is a sign that among the new stuff in the can so far there aren't any even as strong songs as "Don't Stop", "Losing My Touch", "Doom & Gloom" or "One More Shot" to fulfill their function (songs they actually accomplished in a few days at the time)...

- Doxa
Agree.
I also think they'll release more than a single album.
Perhaps a double, perhaps back to back releases. I think they're sitting on a lot of new material. Before these latest (numerous) sessions, Charlie was wondering where the new album was... My bet is there is plenty in the can with more on the way.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 20, 2019 15:08

GetYerAngie

But it makes it less certain that new songs will be heard on this tour. That being said the band is certainly still active to an extent and yes all indications the new album should be very interesting!

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: March 20, 2019 15:18

Hey I think they have plenty of songs laying around now. If not they could do what Santana did-recorded 49 songs in 10 days in studio! But he's in charge-don't think anyone in the bands gonna argue with him.video: [www.jambase.com]

Posted by: terry ()
Date: March 20, 2019 16:03

I think the least the stones could of done was add a couple of new songs to Honk.
That way I think that would keep most of us happy.

I'm fed up of being patient.....sighs

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 20, 2019 17:23

Here is every piece of recording information I could find for the new album so far:

December 9-15, 2015: London, British Grove Studios, sessions. Producers: Don Was & The Glimmer Twins. Recording of the upcoming album Blue & Lonesome (Dec. 11, 14 & 15) and original compositions (Dec. 9 - 11). Incl. (all unverified):
- Bad Luck Hideaway (MJ/KR) [Dec. 9-10]
- Bottom Of My Heart (MJ/KR) [Dec. 10]
- Drive Me Too Hard (MJ/KR) [Dec. 11]
- Fool's Paradise (MJ/KR) [Dec. 9]
- Get Out Of My Way (Gimme the Cash) (MJ/KR) [Dec. 9-10-11]
- Never There (MJ/KR) [Dec. 10]
+ Blue & Lonesome-album [Dec. 11-14-15]

c. June 13-26, 2016: The Rolling Stones resume recording sessions in London, England.

(Some days in) February and March 2017: New York City, probably Germano Studios. MJ, KR & producer Don Was work on the upcoming Stones-album.
- Guest-musician: Keyon Harrold (tp).

Late May – June 2017: The Rolling Stones resume recording sessions at British Grove Studios, London.

June 28, 2017: Keith Richards is in a studio in New York City to work on the Rolling Stones' upcoming album.

December 1, 2017: Mick Jagger is working in a recording studio in Los Angeles, California.

February 9, 2018: Mick Jagger is in a recording studio in Paris, France, with Matt Clifford and producer Carl Falk.

Late February/early March 2018: Mick Jagger and Keith Richards work on new Rolling Stones material at Germano studios in New York City.

March 24, 2018: Ron Wood is playing in a London recording studio, possibly for a Rolling Stones session.

August 19, 2018: Mick Jagger records/composes at home in Pocé-sur-Cisse, France.

August 22-23, 2018: Keith Richards is in Germano Studios in New York City.

September 4, 2018: Mick Jagger overdubs harmonica for a new Rolling Stones track (Possibly “Bad Luck Hideaway”) at his home, in England.

September 20-21, 2018: MJ, KR & producer Don Was record more material for the Rolling Stones' next album at Germano Studios in New York City.

Early December 2018: Mick Jagger and Ron Wood work on new material for a few days at Twin Studios in Paris, France.

January 30, 2019: unknown new song "I Really Wanna Tell The Truth" (MJ/KR?) -MJ on guitar and vocals (playing guitar to a playback; probably at his home studio)

Late January/early February-c. February 20, 2019: The Rolling Stones hold recording sessions in Los Angeles.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 20, 2019 17:28

thanks JordyLicks96 for the resume

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2019 18:12

That all looks very promising and makes me think WOW! - a new album is on the way any day now! But the reality is there's more to it between the lines based on quotes from the band and Don Was such as
"hit a wall", "start from scratch", "a long way to go", "letting it bake for a while", "early stages", "where's the album"?, etc., etc., etc. (all paraphrases).

Still holding out the slimmest of hopes for a new song surprise attack during the upcoming tour based on what both bv and georgelicks had mentioined.
Otherwise, there's still "a long way to go" meaning work resumes after the tour (and vacation/relaxation/family time), and based on what georgelicks has told us, keeping my expecations very, very low.

georgelicks
The new album won't be ready until next year, we migh get a new song live during the tour but I won't bet on it.

Sadly a new album is not their top priority, it will be ready eventually, but no one except die hard fans are losing any sleep about it.

Keep your expectations low.

Meanwhile HONK! has become their priority as far as advertisement, promotion, merch, etc., and surely the design will be splashed all over the screens in concert, while the merch stands will be flooded with all things HONK!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-20 18:13 by Hairball.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 20, 2019 18:23

Albums seem to come when we least expect it. B&L and HONK did. Surprise!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 20, 2019 18:24

JordyLicks96
Here is every piece of recording information I could find for the new album so far:

Source(s) of that info?

Date: March 20, 2019 18:31

And then there's the inevitable NO Filter tour releases...cd, dvd, deluxe, vinyl, etc.
Unless the tour continues beyond the scheduled dates, there's bound to be something official documenting the tour sooner rather than later. Seems only natural to me from a business standpoint they'd want to cash in on all of that while it's still fresh in everyone's memory. Where a new album of original recordings fits in to this is anyone's guess, but as has been said multiple times by several sources - they're in no hurry and want to get it right.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2019 18:32

bye bye johnny
JordyLicks96

Source(s) of that info?
[iorr.org]

Date: March 20, 2019 18:34

keithsman
IanBillen
Nate
rbp

Nate

Writers block and laziness / neglect and complacency are two completely different things. They have put out three albums in thirty friggin years ... Doubt there was any writers block and if it's the case well then that has been going on and off for 30 years (jus sayin .. kinda doubt it ... more like complacency and neglect). Keith (and Mick) put out solo albums ..and Keith just one not too long ago .. nothing points to writers block to me. Jus sayin.

Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-20 18:37 by IanBillen.

Date: March 20, 2019 20:47

bye bye johnny

Source(s) of that info?

The Rolling Stones Complete Recording Sessions 1962 - 2019 shared by Martin Elliot (Session Tracks Apendix)

Direct Download Link: [www.google.com.mx]

Enjoy! ;-)

(Alternative Source)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-20 20:52 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 20, 2019 20:47

bye bye johnny
JordyLicks96

Source(s) of that info?

[timeisonourside.com]
[www.nzentgraf.de]

Date: March 21, 2019 01:06

IanBillen
keithsman
IanBillen
Nate
rbp

Nate

Writers block and laziness / neglect and complacency are two completely different things. They have put out three albums in thirty friggin years ... Doubt there was any writers block and if it's the case well then that has been going on and off for 30 years (jus sayin .. kinda doubt it ... more like complacency and neglect). Keith (and Mick) put out solo albums ..and Keith just one not too long ago .. nothing points to writers block to me. Jus sayin.

Ian

Well i agree that Keith doesn't have writers block, that's obvious when you play Crosseyed Heart.
Sorry if i was misleading there, but i don't think i said Keith has writers block.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 21, 2019 02:45

[m.startribune.com]

Don Was comments on the current state of upcoming Stones record as well as his current gig with Bob Weir in this interview from 16-March.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-21 03:31 by Woz.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 21, 2019 03:21

Was: “The choice of songs will determine what kind of record it will be”. Hopefully it’s not a power struggle......

Date: March 21, 2019 03:56

It’s too ill-defined at this point to comment on. We’ve got a lot of stuff we started. The choice of songs will determine what kind of record it’ll be.”

Not something you want to hear from anybody involved with this album- especially Was as the producer who usually has only goods things to say, but at least he's being honest.
They may have a lot of stuff started, but is any of it near to being finished?

This far along, and it's still "too ill-defined"..........seems there's still a LONG ways to go.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 21, 2019 04:19

terry
I think the least the stones could of done was add a couple of new songs to Honk.
That way I think that would keep most of us happy.

I'm fed up of being patient.....sighs

THREE hits comps in a row with new tracks?

HA HA!

That's funny.

They - UMe or Jagger - are sticking to an essentially antiquated way of doing things. There are still enough people left in the world that don't know any better, are too old to give a shit or, more likely, see 'the very best of' regarding Spotify etc and go COOL.

As a hard copy collection it won't sell worth a shit. Those days have been long over.

A quick Google search and a lot of people can see what the Stones have done. A majority won't look long because it will require too much time, so, in that sense, HONK will be a success. Seeing that the most recent year is Twenty Sixteen, well, that's enough.

Who would've thought not too long ago that attention spans would determine what is a success. And it will be just as forgettable 2 weeks after it's released as anything else that comes out.

It's been a long time since an album of originals was released. Regarding the Stones as a business model as recording artists? They've been a failure for quite some time. They're best release is nostalgia - they can't go wrong.

BLUE AND LONESOME had better results, at least from people I spoke to and from what I witnessed personally ie not online than A BIGGER BANG had: it appealed to the older fan base, even if it was the casual older folks.

Although almost just as bad of a title as the previous comp, this one is much more streamlined and has a much better cover - so it may be "better" - and is up to date as one could be minus a playlist... that can't go past 2016 anyway.

Almost everyone knows they've not released anything past 1981 worth a damn, so they picked some things to go on HONK that people may remember from the 1989-90 tours (RAAHP, Mixed Emotions) as well as Love Is Strong with its interesting video from the well selling VOODOO LOUNGE and its very successful record setting tour.

Look at disc 1 of the 2 disc set - track 13 is the first one post-1981 with exception to Just Your Fool.

That's quite a jump.

As it has been pointed out, the opening part of this comp is the usual tracks, basically, the ones you'll hear in a bar and radio more so than others on a regular basis.

As silly as I find it, I also like it.

I'm going to guess that this hits comp is an option - UMe probably got tired of waiting and figured why not, we can. Back catalogue! SCORE! It's been a little while.

It's certainly not a 'fulfillment release of a deal' like REWIND or a 'first release of a new deal' like JUMP BACK - it's probably more like SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES - it's just something.

What else are they doing? Just doing these short tours with nothing new to offer other than mostly unheard live over the years songs.

This new album they're working on, whether it's one or two albums, will be the last of what they do. This year and next year will probably be it with touring - why else would they do the New Orleans Jazz Fest? There's more to that than a lot of people may think.

Financially they will put themselves out of being lucrative for future tours with the shows being so far apart and the tour legs being long enough for someone to get prego and have a baby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-21 14:55 by GasLightStreet.

Date: March 21, 2019 04:46

JordyLicks96

December 9-15, 2015: London, British Grove Studios, sessions. Producers: Don Was & The Glimmer Twins. Recording of the upcoming album Blue & Lonesome (Dec. 11, 14 & 15) and original compositions (Dec. 9 - 11). Incl. (all unverified):
- Bad Luck Hideaway (MJ/KR) [Dec. 9-10]
- Bottom Of My Heart (MJ/KR) [Dec. 10]
- Drive Me Too Hard (MJ/KR) [Dec. 11]
- Fool's Paradise (MJ/KR) [Dec. 9]
- Get Out Of My Way (Gimme the Cash) (MJ/KR) [Dec. 9-10-11]
- Never There (MJ/KR) [Dec. 10]
+ Blue & Lonesome-album [Dec. 11-14-15]

c. June 13-26, 2016: The Rolling Stones resume recording sessions in London, England.

(Some days in) February and March 2017: New York City, probably Germano Studios. MJ, KR & producer Don Was work on the upcoming Stones-album.
- Guest-musician: Keyon Harrold (tp).

Late May – June 2017: The Rolling Stones resume recording sessions at British Grove Studios, London.

June 28, 2017: Keith Richards is in a studio in New York City to work on the Rolling Stones' upcoming album.

December 1, 2017: Mick Jagger is working in a recording studio in Los Angeles, California.

February 9, 2018: Mick Jagger is in a recording studio in Paris, France, with Matt Clifford and producer Carl Falk.

Late February/early March 2018: Mick Jagger and Keith Richards work on new Rolling Stones material at Germano studios in New York City.

March 24, 2018: Ron Wood is playing in a London recording studio, possibly for a Rolling Stones session.

August 19, 2018: Mick Jagger records/composes at home in Pocé-sur-Cisse, France.

August 22-23, 2018: Keith Richards is in Germano Studios in New York City.

September 4, 2018: Mick Jagger overdubs harmonica for a new Rolling Stones track (Possibly “Bad Luck Hideaway”) at his home, in England.

September 20-21, 2018: MJ, KR & producer Don Was record more material for the Rolling Stones' next album at Germano Studios in New York City.

Early December 2018: Mick Jagger and Ron Wood work on new material for a few days at Twin Studios in Paris, France.

January 30, 2019: unknown new song "I Really Wanna Tell The Truth" (MJ/KR?) -MJ on guitar and vocals (playing guitar to a playback; probably at his home studio)

Late January/early February-c. February 20, 2019: The Rolling Stones hold recording sessions in Los Angeles.

Nowwww ... that is more like it, Jordy. Focus on the new album! (bahaha slightly joshing you).

I am very ..very.. much looking forward to the new studio album.

Until then enjoy the live show .. I know you and your Dad will have a blast! Perhaps .. they are still The best live band / show in the world (...arguably).

Rock on and thanks for the great research.

Your friend,

Ian

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...319320321322323324325326327328329...LastNext
Current Page: 324 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2112
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home