Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...324325326327328329330331332333334...LastNext
Current Page: 329 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 6, 2019 21:31

New Stones álbum in the way, should be

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 7, 2019 05:52

We'll hear (read) more about it later this year. Until then, chill.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 9, 2019 17:22

Anything BV or Georgelicks?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 9, 2019 17:28

bv
runrudolph
Guess its time, Bjornulf,to change the title of this thread?? Due in 2022...
Jeroen

Absolutely not.

BV, tell us something more please!!!!

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 21:56

BV and georgelicks probably have nothing new to announce about the album. They're obviously not working on it. They'd be rehearsing right now for the tour if it was still on regular schedule. Mick just had major surgery and is recovering. I expect no news about the album until at least the fall now, as the tour is pushed back to July/August most likely. As I've said before in this thread, 2020 feels like the year this long awaited album will be released.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 9, 2019 22:40

KRiffhard
bv
runrudolph
Guess its time, Bjornulf,to change the title of this thread?? Due in 2022...
Jeroen

Absolutely not.

BV, tell us something more please!!!!

thumbs upsmiling smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 9, 2019 22:42

JordyLicks96
BV and georgelicks probably have nothing new to announce about the album. They're obviously not working on it. They'd be rehearsing right now for the tour if it was still on regular schedule. Mick just had major surgery and is recovering. I expect no news about the album until at least the fall now, as the tour is pushed back to July/August most likely. As I've said before in this thread, 2020 feels like the year this long awaited album will be released.

So,
New album title: Stones 2020

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 10, 2019 08:42

Meanwhile there will at least be a new one from Neil and the Horse. If he's still One Take Neil, it'll take them approximately 2 days to record the eleven new songs and there will be a new Crazy Horse album by summer, to pass the time! thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 10, 2019 09:16

jlowe
JordyLicks96

So,
New album title: Stones 2020

Date: April 10, 2019 09:16

2022 more likely
Jeroen

Date: April 10, 2019 18:32

Maybe they're doing an ironic re-recording of "It Won't Take Long" for the new album grinning smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 21:30

Well, at least there is a lot of pre-orders of the out of print compilations to look forward to!

As well as the Bridges to Bremen release...

Date: April 10, 2019 21:51

VoodooLounge13
Well, at least there is a lot of pre-orders of the out of print compilations to look forward to!

As well as the Bridges to Bremen release...

Not looking forward to any of those. I know you were being sarcastic and cynical,no??
Jeroen

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 10, 2019 22:11

From an interview with Philippe Manoeuvre, published in Paris Match April 10:

Google Translate

This is not a scoop, you suggested in the English press that the Rolling Stones would record their first album of new material for fourteen years. Can you confirm it?

KR: Not only I confirm, but I add that it takes shape, titles were put in box a fortnight ago. For a year, Mick and I have written a lot together, eyes in the eye. We meet face to face about every two months, we throw song ideas on the table and we scratch. All this work will bear fruit, and we may have something to present to you by the end of the year ...

[www.parismatch.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-10 22:11 by bye bye johnny.

Date: April 10, 2019 22:29

bye bye johnny
From an interview with Philippe Manoeuvre, published in Paris Match April 10:

Google Translate

This is not a scoop, you suggested in the English press that the Rolling Stones would record their first album of new material for fourteen years. Can you confirm it?

KR: Not only I confirm, but I add that it takes shape, titles were put in box a fortnight ago. For a year, Mick and I have written a lot together, eyes in the eye. We meet face to face about every two months, we throw song ideas on the table and we scratch. All this work will bear fruit, and we may have something to present to you by the end of the year ...

[www.parismatch.com]

Thanks for posting this johnny. Does anyone know what he means by "titles were put in box a fortnight ago." I think fortnight means like a few weeks ago, so this interview was probably done in early March.

Date: April 10, 2019 22:41

Fortnight is two weeks.

Phoner was likely done last month when Keith was doing press for the "Talk Is Cheap" reissue.

Date: April 10, 2019 22:49

bye bye johnny
Fortnight is two weeks.

Phoner was likely done last month when Keith was doing press for the "Talk Is Cheap" reissue.

So I guess he's saying they recorded more tracks two weeks ago, meaning in February? I hope something new will come out later this year.

Date: April 10, 2019 22:55

Doubtless he was referring to the late January/early February sessions in LA.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 07:36

bye bye johnny
All this work will bear fruit, and we may have something to present to you by the end of the year ...

.... and we may have something to present to you by the end of the year ...

....MAY...

Rod

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 11, 2019 17:23

If Keith is saying that he and Mick have actually thrown a lot stuff around between them ...that at least has to be good.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 11, 2019 23:04

329 pages and still no album!

Date: April 11, 2019 23:15

I have no doubt this will be the best Stones album of originals in decades. It won't be up there with the albums from the golden age, but it sure as hell will be a damn great album, one that is more eclectic than previous albums, especially A BIGGER BANG.

Date: April 12, 2019 01:37

JordyLicks96
I have no doubt this will be the best Stones album of originals in decades. It won't be up there with the albums from the golden age, but it sure as hell will be a damn great album, one that is more eclectic than previous albums, especially A BIGGER BANG.

As the ONLY album in decades it will be both the best, and worst, in decades.

Rod

Date: April 12, 2019 02:42

bitusa2012
JordyLicks96

As the ONLY album in decades it will be both the best, and worst, in decades.

By decades, I'm going as far back as 1980, so that'd be 9 albums to compete with. EMOTIONAL RESCUE through BLUE & LONESOME.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 12, 2019 04:06

JordyLicks96

Critically speaking, they have not, and never will, top TATTOO YOU.

UNDERCOVER is EXILE compared to DIRTY WORK.

Date: April 12, 2019 07:24

GasLightStreet
JordyLicks96

Critically speaking, they have not, and never will, top TATTOO YOU.

UNDERCOVER is EXILE compared to DIRTY WORK.

Oh absolutely. I really don't want anything to top TATTOO YOU anyway. That's an amazing album. UNDERCOVER being EXILE compared to DIRTY WORK is a really big stretch. Personally, Dirty Work is far from anything great, but it's honestly not in my personal bottom 3. I'd actually say UNDERCOVER is slightly worse than DIRTY WORK in my opinion.

Date: April 12, 2019 09:16

Please stop all this enthusiasm about the new album. It wont be here till 2022. Just because Keef says something,does not mean it has to be so.it will be a long time begore they release the bugger.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-12 11:02 by runrudolph.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 12, 2019 10:58

runrudolph
Please stop all this enthusiasm about the new album. It wont be hete till 2022. Just because Keef says something,does not mean it has to be so.it will be a long time begore they release the bugger.
Jeroen

2022?? OMG sad smiley

Date: April 12, 2019 11:33

KeithNacho
New Stones álbum in the way, should be

in the way of what? ;-)

Rod

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 12, 2019 13:56

runrudolph
Please stop all this enthusiasm about the new album. It wont be here till 2022. Just because Keef says something,does not mean it has to be so.it will be a long time begore they release the bugger.
Jeroen

Wait what 2022???? Be still my beating heart...hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Hope it comes out in June love June releases.....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...324325326327328329330331332333334...LastNext
Current Page: 329 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home