Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...318319320321322323324325326327328...LastNext
Current Page: 323 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 17, 2019 01:40

35love
Okay. What does ‘out of print’ mean?
Is it a fact
their greatest hits collections (legit)
have all gone out of ‘print’
until
HONK
?

It's unavailable for purchase.

The usual reasons for albums going out of print is that

1. A record label isn't making money on something anymore so they stop making additional copies. Virgin Records made X amount of copies of JUMP BACK in 1993. It didn't exactly sell well, which is probably why it was made available in the US in 2004.

2. The initial printing has been exhausted but demand is low to none.

Out of print records don't exactly leave the shelves - I've seen Virgin Records albums in stock along with the UMe albums. Usually with the changing of a record label the old ones will be pulled but to this day I still have seen Virgin's JUMP BACK and the odd RSR era albums amongst the UMe. That's probably just human error regarding the pulling of the expired label's catalog.

Why some albums are not available digitally, however, is a completely different mess. It makes zero sense to not have FORTY LICKS or REWIND or TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE not available on whatever digital service if people want to buy them - it costs next to nothing to have them online compared to hard copies, regardless of the format for the record (vinyl, CD or cassette).

Sure, we know better in regard to which comp is better (REWIND vs JUMP BACK, say, or FORTY LICKS vs THE STUPID SIMIAN aka THE SIMIAN DISASTER) but I bet no one in 1975 complained about MADE IN THE SHADE, nor did anyone complain about TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE, SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES or REWIND because none of them were HOT ROCKS.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 17, 2019 03:04

GasLightStreet
35love
Okay. What does ‘out of print’ mean?
Is it a fact
their greatest hits collections (legit)
have all gone out of ‘print’
until
HONK
?

It's unavailable for purchase.

The usual reasons for albums going out of print is that

1. A record label isn't making money on something anymore so they stop making additional copies. Virgin Records made X amount of copies of JUMP BACK in 1993. It didn't exactly sell well, which is probably why it was made available in the US in 2004.

2. The initial printing has been exhausted but demand is low to none.

Out of print records don't exactly leave the shelves - I've seen Virgin Records albums in stock along with the UMe albums. Usually with the changing of a record label the old ones will be pulled but to this day I still have seen Virgin's JUMP BACK and the odd RSR era albums amongst the UMe. That's probably just human error regarding the pulling of the expired label's catalog.

Why some albums are not available digitally, however, is a completely different mess. It makes zero sense to not have FORTY LICKS or REWIND or TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE not available on whatever digital service if people want to buy them - it costs next to nothing to have them online compared to hard copies, regardless of the format for the record (vinyl, CD or cassette).

Sure, we know better in regard to which comp is better (REWIND vs JUMP BACK, say, or FORTY LICKS vs THE STUPID SIMIAN aka THE SIMIAN DISASTER) but I bet no one in 1975 complained about MADE IN THE SHADE, nor did anyone complain about TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE, SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES or REWIND because none of them were HOT ROCKS.

*Thank you. And remind me please (where’s R Dijon)
The RS did not authorize HOT ROCKS, or did/and it counted as ‘putting out a record’?
It’s not my biz the contracts and whatnot
No dog in the fight
I used the word ‘sellout’ at first
but the Sesame Street game letdown
didn’t inspire warm fuzzies.
ETA:

Nor did seeing Grohl and Flo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-17 03:34 by 35love.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 17, 2019 13:29

ycagwywpmd
Quote from David Hepworth's book '1971 Never a dull moment'
'It is a truth almost universally acknowledged in the record business that the longer somebody takes to make a record the thinner it's commercial prospects are likely to be.

Yeah, that's also why the Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon was such a big commercial failure. winking smiley

It is certainly true that there's the danger that too many cooks spoil the stew, or an originally clear vision is lost over time. On the other hand, sometimes it is necessary to take a step back if your original approach doesn't seem to work quite as expected, be it w.r.t. the composition, lyrics, arrangement or production. Otherwise, the best would be best to release the first rough demos right away, which is not always a good idea.

The availability of compilations possibly varies among countries. A quick search on amazon.de shows that 40 Licks, Grrr, Jump Back, Rewind, Through the Past Darkly - Big Hits Vol. 2, The Very Best 1964-1971 and More Hot Rocks (Big Hits & Fazed Cookies) can all be regularly ordered, so they are not out of print over here. From the perspective of customers of Amazon Germany, Honk is superfluous because there is a ton of compilations available and ready for ordering.

I’m wondering if Honk was sort of a default solution. Like, “We need a new product”, either an album with new material, or, if that doesn’t work, another compilation. Since it doesn’t look like the new album will be ready anytime soon, it became another compilation. I understood Keith’s quotes as “Let’s see how far we get with it this year”, he said nothing like the album would be out in Fall or so. To me it sounded like yes, they are working on it one way or other, but no idea when (or, in the worst case, even if) the thing can be expected to be released.

Hairball
As a visual artist, the same can be said. (...) Sometimes a piece ... can be taken beyond the point of no return and might as well be scrapped- there's no hope in saving it.

Your point is illustrated nicely by the movie “The Mystery of Picasso” (1956), which shows Picasso working on a number of canvasses and the various stages a painting goes through. There
are also cases of him painting over a canvas so many times that in the end he even glues in scraps of paper to paint over because he missed the time to stop. At several stages one thinks, that would have been alright, but he goes on and on and in the end the whole thing could be scrapped. Might happen in a studio as well.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2019 23:21

The Mystery of Picasso ….. Great doco doity

ROCKMAN

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 18, 2019 05:41

maumau
good to hear from bv that the window to the release of new stuff is still open. we'll see.
one thing that mick and keith and all the people around em seems to oversee is that the longer they wait and refrain from release the more will be the expectations and the severity of the judgement.
but yeah i forgot that it is all about marketing and cashing innthe right moment of the year..

Howdy. Say ... only curious .. but when / where did bv say or elude that the window for the new studio album release is still possible this year? (again .. I'm only curious in case I missed his comments about it recently)

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 18, 2019 08:46

bv
This thread is sticky for a while due to the fact that The Rolling Stones have been working with tracks for the new album now, ie. quite recently. Also, as Keith and Ronnie and others have stated, they have been working a week now and then on it, both in NYC and LA, recording, engineering, mixing.

Unlike giving birth to a new human being, which is an estimated nine months from idea until birth, a new Stones studio album does not follow such a predefined schedule.

They had to rush release "Anybody Seen My Baby", and give away song writing credits, due to time pressure. The release schedule of "A Bigger Bang" was defined while they were rehearsing for the tour in Toronto in the summer of 2005, and it was released a few weeks after tour start. Now they have all the experience they need NOT to stick to a fixed date for a while. The album will be ready when it is ready. Like Keith says: "We'll have it done this year, at some point".

If they feel good about it - during the spring rehearsals - then we might get one or two new songs in Miami April 20. If they work out great then we might even get them through the tour, and an en entire new self-penned studio album out later this year.

Ian I believe this is the post. BTW ASMB still sounds fresh, and Not thanks to KD Lang

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 18, 2019 09:53

"then we might get one or two new songs in Miami April 20"

Wow that would be something ! It would completely go against the grain of promoting new stuff that people can buy, like in the good old days ;-) Unless the studio versions are made available for streaming at the same time.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 18, 2019 12:28

IanBillen
maumau
good to hear from bv that the window to the release of new stuff is still open. we'll see.
one thing that mick and keith and all the people around em seems to oversee is that the longer they wait and refrain from release the more will be the expectations and the severity of the judgement.
but yeah i forgot that it is all about marketing and cashing innthe right moment of the year..

Howdy. Say ... only curious .. but when / where did bv say or elude that the window for the new studio album release is still possible this year? (again .. I'm only curious in case I missed his comments about it recently)

bv
This thread is sticky for a while due to the fact that The Rolling Stones have been working with tracks for the new album now, ie. quite recently. Also, as Keith and Ronnie and others have stated, they have been working a week now and then on it, both in NYC and LA, recording, engineering, mixing.

Unlike giving birth to a new human being, which is an estimated nine months from idea until birth, a new Stones studio album does not follow such a predefined schedule.

They had to rush release "Anybody Seen My Baby", and give away song writing credits, due to time pressure. The release schedule of "A Bigger Bang" was defined while they were rehearsing for the tour in Toronto in the summer of 2005, and it was released a few weeks after tour start. Now they have all the experience they need NOT to stick to a fixed date for a while. The album will be ready when it is ready. Like Keith says: "We'll have it done this year, at some point".

If they feel good about it - during the spring rehearsals - then we might get one or two new songs in Miami April 20. If they work out great then we might even get them through the tour, and an en entire new self-penned studio album out later this year.

Date: March 18, 2019 20:12

35love
The RS did not authorize HOT ROCKS, or did/and it counted as ‘putting out a record’?

The Stones had nothing to do with HOT ROCKS, and had any of the 5 ABKCO songs on EXILE that had been recorded for albums while still with Decca/ABKCO Records (Sweet Virginia, Loving Cup, All Down The Line and Shine A Light, plus the reinterpretation of Stop Breaking Down) had been a hit, he could've reissued HOT ROCKS to include them a few years later. That was an up-to-date compilation at the time that Klein released to take advantage of their media status with STICKY FINGERS and EXILE and their tour for EXILE.

It's "their" best selling release ever.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 18, 2019 20:18

GasLightStreet
35love

The Stones had nothing to do with HOT ROCKS, and had any of the 5 ABKCO songs on EXILE that had been recorded for albums while still with Decca/ABKCO Records (Sweet Virginia, Loving Cup, All Down The Line and Shine A Light, plus the reinterpretation of Stop Breaking Down) had been a hit, he could've reissued HOT ROCKS to include them a few years later. That was an up-to-date compilation at the time that Klein released to take advantage of their media status with STICKY FINGERS and EXILE and their tour for EXILE.

It's "their" best selling release ever.

*Thanks for the facts.

Date: March 18, 2019 23:30

Maindefender
bv

Ian I believe this is the post. BTW ASMB still sounds fresh, and Not thanks to KD Lang

Ahhh I see. Great to know ..(and I agree concerning 'ASMB' ... however 'Gunface' is my personal fav from the album).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-19 00:34 by IanBillen.

Date: March 19, 2019 02:55

doitywoik
ycagwywpmd
'It is a truth almost universally acknowledged in the record business that the longer somebody takes to make a record the thinner it's commercial prospects are likely to be.

Yeah, that's also why the Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon was such a big commercial failure. winking smiley

It is certainly true that there's the danger that too many cooks spoil the stew, or an originally clear vision is lost over time. On the other hand, sometimes it is necessary to take a step back if your original approach doesn't seem to work quite as expected, be it w.r.t. the composition, lyrics, arrangement or production. Otherwise, the best would be best to release the first rough demos right away, which is not always a good idea.

The availability of compilations possibly varies among countries. A quick search on amazon.de shows that 40 Licks, Grrr, Jump Back, Rewind, Through the Past Darkly - Big Hits Vol. 2, The Very Best 1964-1971 and More Hot Rocks (Big Hits & Fazed Cookies) can all be regularly ordered, so they are not out of print over here. From the perspective of customers of Amazon Germany, Honk is superfluous because there is a ton of compilations available and ready for ordering.

I’m wondering if Honk was sort of a default solution. Like, “We need a new product”, either an album with new material, or, if that doesn’t work, another compilation. Since it doesn’t look like the new album will be ready anytime soon, it became another compilation. I understood Keith’s quotes as “Let’s see how far we get with it this year”, he said nothing like the album would be out in Fall or so. To me it sounded like yes, they are working on it one way or other, but no idea when (or, in the worst case, even if) the thing can be expected to be released.

Hairball
As a visual artist, the same can be said. (...) Sometimes a piece ... can be taken beyond the point of no return and might as well be scrapped- there's no hope in saving it.

Your point is illustrated nicely by the movie “The Mystery of Picasso” (1956), which shows Picasso working on a number of canvasses and the various stages a painting goes through. There
are also cases of him painting over a canvas so many times that in the end he even glues in scraps of paper to paint over because he missed the time to stop. At several stages one thinks, that would have been alright, but he goes on and on and in the end the whole thing could be scrapped. Might happen in a studio as well.

Another big failure:

Date: March 19, 2019 04:16

Hairball
ycagwywpmd
'It is a truth almost universally acknowledged in the record business that the longer somebody takes to make a record the thinner it's commercial prospects are likely to be. The first thought is usually the best thought and the more time an artist has the more that thought is likely to be overridden by further thoughts that are not quite so good'
So there we have it. They are just doing too much thinking, which will not be good for any of us!

As a visual artist, the same can be said. Sometimes a piece (painting, sculpture, etc.) can be overworked unless it's supposed to be intentionally detailed which of course requires time. Sometimes you can turn it around and make something reasonable out of it, but more often than not it's not of the same initial quality. Other times it can be taken beyond the point of no return and might as well be scrapped- there's no hope in saving it. But these are things you learn by experience when you're beginning. And we're talking rock and roll here, not a symphony orchestra - why is it so difficult for them? They seemed to get that process right with the B&L covers album - wham, bam, and there it was. But now it's seemingly becoming a chore for them to get an album of originals finished - even one song. Could be too many cooks in the kitchen with head chefs Keith and Mick clashing, surrounded by a bunch of other "experts" such as Don Was, Universal, etc., etc. It can be difficult enough at times to make something of quality based on your own instincts, but when everyone in the surrounding area second guesses and adds their two cents, must be close to impossible for them.

Palace Revolution 2000
It's too bad when someone says that we don't really need a new Stones album anymore. That buys into every tenet that the suits live by: money, sales, charts.
An artist should be making music; it is that simple.
One can counter with all these lines about age, and so many classic records already given to the world, and that is all fine and good. But - are you an artist or not?

And I never feel that they owe me an album. But wouldn't they feel that they owe it to themselves?

Well said - most working/relevant artists have the urge to always create something new until the very end.
I'm reminded of an elderly wheelchair bound Henri Matisse - he wasn't content on living off his laurels and living in the past.

Even when bedridden, he had the drive to continuously create:

But in defense of the Stones, at least they're talking about creating something new and original, and haven't fully thrown in the towel yet (though action speaks louder than words).
And they're still touring with their oldies but goodies - 38 days until the tour begins! thumbs up

Hairball .. You are right .. 'Most' of the time when an album takes forever
years.. the end result is luckluster and / or the public loses interest. <Most> of the time that is indeed the case. Anything over a couple years and it seems the quality or bang just isn't there when these albums do come. Not all the time .. but eight times out of ten Id say your notion holds true. I agree with you.. most of the time this isn't a good sign.

>> However .. interest will not waver in this case. This album is a special scenario .. with a special band. The Stones 'know' that .. this album is not in the norm of being in danger of people losing interest. The Rolling Stones are almost like Elvis .. if he could make an album right now some how some way and it took five years it would still garnish special attention.

Now As far as overcooking something .. yepp.. that can be a problem too. However The Stones have made fast albums (three days) .. long recorded albums .. a year and a half .. they have made a combination album of older songs.. They are 'experts' in knowing the various ways to make an album. In Mick Jaggers words ...his very words when discussing how Bridges to Babylon was made ..and I quote...'there are many different ways to make a Rolling Stones album, you see'.
In short .. they know what they are doing .. they know what is overcooking and what needs more work. Don Was knows .. as well. Not to worry about having too many cooks in the kitchen .. they are a professional team at this point .. like a director and a crew.

Just my scenario. In most any other band Id agree with you .. However the Stones
and their camp are a bit different .. they 'know' how to stick around and do things right and they know when things just arent working and they know when three days is all that is necessary to make a record and scrap almost any over-dubs (see Blue & Lonesome). . As well .. as was said they are special like Elvis would be if he was still around .. people will still flock to the record.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-19 04:22 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 19, 2019 04:28

Ian - if they really KNEW everything you claim they know, then every single album from the last few decades would have been absolute masterpieces which is clearly not the case.
But I understand your fandom and excitement, and we can only hope they get around to releasing something new - anything new - some time in the next few years.
Meanwhile....HONK! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-19 04:29 by Hairball.

Date: March 19, 2019 05:47

Hairball
Ian - if they really KNEW everything you claim they know, then every single album from the last few decades would have been absolute masterpieces which is clearly not the case.
But I understand your fandom and excitement, and we can only hope they get around to releasing something new - anything new - some time in the next few years.
Meanwhile....HONK! winking smiley

Well .. not entirely. Simply because you know how to make a record ..or how to record a product with all kinds of scenarios does not mean that all records will be masterpieces. You can do everything right for the situation at hand but ya can't 'make' it great. The material itself has to be there. That comes from within .. no matter who does what right and no matter the approach. All one can do is help it along in the right way for the situation at hand.

Recording an older artist is sometimes like an aging athlete at the gym. They know their body .. they know when it's the best they can do provided their age and condition and they know when they can or should do more. They also know when to leave it.

Simply because someone knows all about the ways to record an album does not mean they can produce masterpieces. It's just doing the best, for the situation at hand. The Stones are far from these guys who just show up at the studio and hope for the best and live by the seat of their pants. They know the writing process .. they know the recording process .. They knew it in the 80;s as I have spoken first hand to two people who actually were in the studio with the Stones during the mid 80's. In their words .. they knew what they were doing and understood the process very well .. they were keen to what was working.

Don Was knows as well .. he REALLY knows. That aspect is specifically his job. Look at his resume. So .. >> take all that for what it is.

These guys aren't small time and they didn't get to where they are for this long by being naive or just cruising through like a young band making their first record. They know when its right and when it isn't... and they know when they can do better or need to change things up a bit. They have been doing this for a living for 50 years .. and have made more albums than anyone I can think of. IMO ..even their later ones are quality.

With that said .. they have been lazy and neglectful in GETTING to the studio .. ha! We ALL know that one! ha

Alright.. I went off on a tangent again . my bad. Ha (tis true though)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-19 05:53 by IanBillen.

Date: March 19, 2019 07:04

Then we have to really think about the actual material they have to work with which none of us really know, and not so sure that even they know.
It's been said that some of it is good, some of it is uneven, some of it's great, and some of it sucks (or words of that nature) - Getta Grip/England Lost was a clue though.
And then you consider the multiple mixes of various songs - the Keith mixes vs. the Mick mixes, and several songs with FIVE different mixes! Seems they're not really sure what direction to take or what the end results will be.
While there's the risk of overworking and overthinking, maybe they're at a crossroads somewhere between the early stages, and actually figuring out the destination which at this point is still unknown.
Since this all started, they've hit a wall, they released some blues covers, started from scratch, they've gone back to the drawing board, and then they spent a good amount of precious time doing overdubs on HONK!
How they'll ever finish this thing is the true mystery, and it will be somewhat of a miracle when (and if) it actually ever happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-19 07:07 by Hairball.

Date: March 19, 2019 08:30

the source of "they spent a good amount of precious time doing overdubs for HONK!"?

Date: March 19, 2019 08:36

Just an assumption maumau - overdubbing the live tracks seems like a given considering their history with live releases.
And any amount of time doing that is precious time if it takes away from them working on the new album imo.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 19, 2019 10:01

Overdubbing a live album does not only seems but is a given considering their history with live releases - if 'history' means 20th Century. But it is a long way since they took the concept of a live album so seriously that they would waste their precious time to do such an act. NO SECURITY was the last one of those releases. Since then their live releases (the most important being, of course, footage releases) are all taylored in the studio, but that doesn't involve them but different people doing that. Sometimes there've been even some guitar over-dubs by non-Stones guitarists if needed (such as in BIGGEST BANG), but mostly it has been just copy and paste work and mixing, which is easier thanks to advanced technology. Keith Richards didn't over-dub "Scarf Me Up" for Hyde Park release, even though we don't hear the original fvck-up in the released version. No any miracle or even rocket science needed that to happen.

So if one wants to assume something from the base of history, it would be safer to assume that the Stones have not wasted any energy in a studio lately for over-dubbing HONK. Of course one could assume that all of sudden the Stones decided to turn the clock back in time and take an extra live album (aimed for some die-hards) of a greatest hits collection so seriously that they have acquired their old habits back. My assumption is that it is a rather unlikely scenario.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-19 10:13 by Doxa.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 19, 2019 10:29

Hairball
...and several songs with FIVE different mixes!

Where is this said or attributed to?

Rod

Date: March 19, 2019 13:31

Hairball, I appreciate a lot your posts and pov on Stones matters, but I really think an effort to separate facts and quoting sources from assumptions and opinions is always good in a conversation, expecially on a web forum

Date: March 19, 2019 15:52

bitusa2012
Hairball
...and several songs with FIVE different mixes!

Where is this said or attributed to?

Georgelicks

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 19, 2019 16:46

From Keith's interview with Georg Cederskog of Dagens Nyheter, published March 18:

We just recorded a few weeks ago in LA. It is very good stuff and all the boys are in good shape, he answers and emphasizes the producer / musician Don Was in the studio work.

– Don is like one to Rolling Stone if you ask me. He is the one who reminds me most about how it was to work in studios with Jimmy Miller (the band's producer during the creative peak years 1968–73). Probably because he, like Jimmy, is a musician, they contribute something extra. We still make analog recordings, on tape recorders, the best of the old technology, but we also use the new one, he assures.

[vaaju.com]

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 19, 2019 16:50

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2019 17:28

"Together with Mick Jagger, Keith Richards is currently working on new songs, their first since the "A bigger bang" album from 2005. They have met regularly in New York over the past year to collaborate in a Broadway studio full of exclusive vintage electronics. The desire to continue with the Rolling Stones seems intact. He returns several times to how much he still likes to play live."

[vaaju.com]

Date: March 19, 2019 17:58

smileys with beer

Date: March 19, 2019 18:21

maumau
Hairball, I appreciate a lot your posts and pov on Stones matters, but I really think an effort to separate facts and quoting sources from assumptions and opinions is always good in a conversation, expecially on a web forum

Cheers maumau- overdubbing on live tracks seemed a likely plausibility, and I basically wrote it during a stream of thoughts in my post perhaps with a bit of exaggeration ie "a good amount of precious time".
The fact is, 99& of this thread is based on speculation and assumption (along with many detours in to different subjects), so if we're to be true sticklers for "just the facts" regarding this supposed new album,
this thread could be condensed in to two pages or less.

Meanwhile, there's no news regarding the new album, and probably won't be until well after the tour. That said, trying to muster up some excitement regarding HONK!...the exclusive double blue vinyl from Target might be calling my name, but will wait until there's some form of discount. While thankfully they left off Streets of Love from this exclusive version, they did manage to squeeze in Don't Stop unfortunately taking up 'precious space'...
Aside from the goofy title, I do like the cover work, and to have it in a larger format than cd would be nice - not to mention the fact I love vinyl.

Date: March 19, 2019 18:22

Hairball
Then we have to really think about the actual material they have to work with which none of us really know, and not so sure that even they know.
It's been said that some of it is good, some of it is uneven, some of it's great, and some of it sucks (or words of that nature) - Getta Grip/England Lost was a clue though.
And then you consider the multiple mixes of various songs - the Keith mixes vs. the Mick mixes, and several songs with FIVE different mixes! Seems they're not really sure what direction to take or what the end results will be.
While there's the risk of overworking and overthinking, maybe they're at a crossroads somewhere between the early stages, and actually figuring out the destination which at this point is still unknown.
Since this all started, they've hit a wall, they released some blues covers, started from scratch, they've gone back to the drawing board, and then they spent a good amount of precious time doing overdubs on HONK!
How they'll ever finish this thing is the true mystery, and it will be somewhat of a miracle when (and if) it actually ever happens.

I agree especially to the especially to the points in bold. Who knows anymore.. who really knows lol ... I tell ya ... On my way to work now and just thinking .. they sure were not / are not in a hurry to get this thing done .. Maybe thats the only way this could happen? Hmmmmmm I guess I feel that scenario but still ... my goodness ... enough is enough ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-19 18:26 by IanBillen.

Date: March 19, 2019 18:41

But wait Ian...don't get discouraged...here's some new info to lighten up your day!

bye bye johnny
From Keith's interview with Georg Cederskog of Dagens Nyheter, published March 18:

We just recorded a few weeks ago in LA. It is very good stuff and all the boys are in good shape, he answers and emphasizes the producer / musician Don Was in the studio work.

– Don is like one to Rolling Stone if you ask me. He is the one who reminds me most about how it was to work in studios with Jimmy Miller (the band's producer during the creative peak years 1968–73). Probably because he, like Jimmy, is a musician, they contribute something extra. We still make analog recordings, on tape recorders, the best of the old technology, but we also use the new one, he assures.

[vaaju.com]

Thanks bye bye johnny - this is sure to inspire at least several more pages of speculation!

"It is very good stuff..." winking smiley

Date: March 19, 2019 19:15

Pretty sure about the new studio album coming In 2019! Just can't wait!! Meanwhile we can enjoy the new north American Tour this April, only one month to go! Amazing smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...318319320321322323324325326327328...LastNext
Current Page: 323 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home