Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...320321322323324325326327328329330...LastNext
Current Page: 325 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 21, 2019 06:20

they are rehearsing for not releasing it yet. don't let this get around.
sssh. i'll be back with more news soon. right on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-21 07:26 by hopkins.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 21, 2019 07:12

Woz
[m.startribune.com]

Don Was comments on the current state of upcoming Stones record as well as his current gig with Bob Weir in this interview from 16-March.

It’s in progress,” said Was, who has produced five records by the group. “It’s too ill-defined at this point to comment on. We’ve got a lot of stuff we started. The choice of songs will determine what kind of record it’ll be.

Oh no...it's a sort of "early stages"!! eye rolling smiley
Imo "the choice of songs" is the real problem and causes friction between Mick and Keith.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-21 07:30 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 21, 2019 07:28

KRiffhard
Woz
[m.startribune.com]

Don Was comments on the current state of upcoming Stones record as well as his current gig with Bob Weir in this interview from 16-March.

It’s in progress,” said Was, who has produced five records by the group. “It’s too ill-defined at this point to comment on. We’ve got a lot of stuff we started. The choice of songs will determine what kind of record it’ll be.”

Oh no...it's a sort of "early stages"!! eye rolling smiley

Oh hey ... look.... It's in progress. This is a great revelation from Don .. Thanks Don Was.

I think Hairball will be thrilled with the news.

Not knocking your post at all, mind you. Every piece is wanted .. just saying .. these guys keep saying the same things .. just one at a time ...ha.

Date: March 21, 2019 07:36

yes, hopefully they will send him a postcard and let him know what kind of a record it will be. Probably a Stones one, but he's holding back a little,
because after thinking about it for some years, well, he's in the Chuck zone now; ya know? after they record something, they like to make him beg to sorta 'produce' an 'overdub' session with 'chuck' or whatever lol; the boys are almost pissing themselves laughing in the alley. yeh yeh chuck sounds MUCH better!! the engineer pretends their keeping his 'mix.' the contracts suck man; ok give him a credit; no problem; but frickazee boys...sure let him twist a dial or two; that's why the word DELETE exists. "and the concept," say Keith, blade heating up in his distressed jeans...; Keith stands there and nods, "frumking great Donnie," .
; they're gonna let him master something overseas;
recording school.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2019 07:38

Ian Billen

I already commented on the quote on the previous page, and yes I was thrilled to read the latest..."ill defined".......angry smiley

Back to square one again...lol..................winking smiley

Date: March 21, 2019 08:08

Hairball
Ian Billen

I already commented on the quote on the previous page, and yes I was thrilled to read the latest..."ill defined".......angry smiley

You mentioned 'back to square' one with their comments ... I think much more is done than they are letting on but as far as their comments go .. you say back to square one ..

I just want to know when we left it? .. .... confused smiley ... smiling bouncing smiley

Date: March 21, 2019 08:31

IanBillen
Hairball
Ian Billen

You mentioned 'back to square' one with their comments ... I think much more is done than they are letting on but as far as their comments go .. you say back to square one ..

I just want to know when we left it? .. .... confused smiley ... smiling bouncing smiley

Ha, they never really went beyond square one - instead they've gone backwards to square ZERO several times, but now they're back to square one again. Progress! winking smiley
Seems georgelicks was right as usual...a looong ways to go still ("keep expectations low"), and no amount of wishful thinking by fans is going to make it happen any quicker.
“It’s too ill-defined at this point to comment on"...confused smiley...psshh...

Maybe they should think about a different producer to shake things up a bit and add some fresh blood...someone who will crack the whip!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 21, 2019 08:40

My God.indeed. this is going to be a release in 2023.just like i said.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-21 08:49 by runrudolph.

Date: March 21, 2019 11:16

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
Ian Billen

Ha, they never really went beyond square one - instead they've gone backwards to square ZERO several times, but now they're back to square one again. Progress! winking smiley
Seems georgelicks was right as usual...a looong ways to go still ("keep expectations low"), and no amount of wishful thinking by fans is going to make it happen any quicker.
“It’s too ill-defined at this point to comment on"...confused smiley...psshh...

Maybe they should think about a different producer to shake things up a bit and add some fresh blood...someone who will crack the whip!

Mick owns all the Whip outlets. so that's not probably gonna be a workable angle.
They have these big fat blowed up lips with some teeth and believe it or not,
a tongue sticking out, gross. ick. if i wanted steve tyler i'd be listening
to the Yardbirds; Now listen, people, i know some of you are at least that:
so that tongue you could say its licking something naughty and be gross like everybody else or you could take a wider, more mature perspective befitting the follower of someone who has gone thru the fire of kneeling down while someone puts a sword tap near his neck, just to sorta say; you kneel cause it makes it easier for my guards to feed you to the dogs, if necessary; right?
and he waves the blade around like there's no tomorrow; cause if he removes
part, or all, of your neck, he's like not going to jail; that cat owns the jails; he puts jails in jails. so this new album; first off, the guy with the sword gets to control the release date. he calls up mick thru one of his slaves now and again and has him whisper. 'start me up when we say so darling, if we say so.' and the phone hangs up.
the royal family is holding it up; tax thing. the whole ceremony was a setup to get him to relax. there are police in six countries now planting hash pipes in his flush pipes; that goes against the cannabis waste laws he's not kidding anybody; he dances like a prom girl people; lets' get real., someone in the band is smoking something; the new records not coming out till one of the Charles who is no one's darlings,l well some sorta 'too close' cousin, um... who can't even order for himself at an ice cream store, isin charge of UK Artist Tax Exiles on Pain Street Program at Kensington; yes it's done; they are not lazy; it's politics and money. Until Cousin Steuben clears his nostrils from the mint chip ice cream that just exploded out of his face, we'll not be in a position to ask further. This is a scoop.
bring a bandanna if you're a tourist; just sayin...

Date: March 21, 2019 11:27

its done ; it's a social experiment at this point; they want to see how many heads they can explode with remote technology. They send interns here to count.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 21, 2019 14:05

hahaha i like that post hopkins.....if anything this quote has given 3-4 posters on this site a reason to exist for another week of drivel....

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 21, 2019 16:42

GasLightStreet
... This year and next year will probably be it with touring - why else would they do the New Orleans Jazz Fest? There's more to that than a lot of people may think.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. There are and have been SO many artists, bands, especially British Rock and roll bands steeped in the Blues, and Chuck Berry, who have chosen New Orleans and the Jazz Fest as their swan song.

There's....um...er....you know.. The, ah..

Well, there must be someone I guess, for you to make such a knowing nod nod statement. I myself just can't recall... Anyone.

Or maybe you reckon New Orleans provides the best in the way of funeral services and that The Stones know that and want to be close by on their final days..

And yes, given their ages, soon we will see them pull up stumps as a touring outfit, as a band. Top prediction, that.

Rod

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: March 21, 2019 16:48

New Albumvideo: [www.jambase.com]

Date: March 21, 2019 17:30

mrjones

"Carlos revealed his Santana band recorded 49 songs over the course of 10 days in the studio with Rick Rubin".

Well...now there's an artist who still has the creative drive and willingness to release new music.
A shame Mick was a dick to Rubin during the recording of Wandering Spirit...he could have helped the Stones release a dozen new albums the last few years.
Instead they still have Don Was sleeping on the job and jamming with members of the Grateful Dead - they'll probably record and release a new album before the Stones ever do.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 21, 2019 18:06

Hairball
mrjones

"Carlos revealed his Santana band recorded 49 songs over the course of 10 days in the studio with Rick Rubin".

Well...now there's an artist who still has the creative drive and willingness to release new music.
A shame Mick was a dick to Rubin during the recording of Wandering Spirit...he could have helped the Stones release a dozen new albums the last few years.
Instead they still have Don Was sleeping on the job and jamming with members of the Grateful Dead - they'll probably record and release a new album before the Stones ever do.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 21, 2019 21:55

Reading between the lines or 325 pages to be exact, the answer has finally
come out NEW BLOOD

New producer, goodbye and thanks to Matt and Chuck..Pino on bass didn't
do the who any harm,,,thinking of it doesn't steve jordan play bass or is that
one of the other guys clayton or some thing

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 22, 2019 04:02

hopkins
Mick owns all the Whip outlets. so that's not probably gonna be a workable angle.

I understand you most of the time but you threw me on that one: what the hell do you mean?

Date: March 22, 2019 04:05

Hairball
mrjones

Don Was 'still sleeping on the job' ...??

How do you know what Don Was does in there with them? As I understand it he is
a pretty involved producer, as in being in the room when they write and record and even playing bass on things with him. That is according to Keith and the others who have worked with them.

Why is everything Don Was's fault? That's pretty convenient . but their lack of
effort and recording over the years has nothing to do with Don Was (or any producer).

That's like blaming a coach for not playing a game bc all his team mates never
showed for it or came to practice? He can't fire them lol .. He can't drive to their houses to talk them into coming to practice or to the games.. they have to actually want to do it and get there themselves yo .. ....

None of The Stones neglect, laziness and complacency that only delivered us
3 albums in the past 30 years has anything to do with a producer, manager, or
staff member. All that is 100% Rolling Stones, my friend. Nice try .. but
you can't give that excuse away .. much less sell it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-22 04:06 by IanBillen.

Date: March 22, 2019 04:24

bitusa2012
GasLightStreet
... This year and next year will probably be it with touring - why else would they do the New Orleans Jazz Fest? There's more to that than a lot of people may think.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. There are and have been SO many artists, bands, especially British Rock and roll bands steeped in the Blues, and Chuck Berry, who have chosen New Orleans and the Jazz Fest as their swan song.

There's....um...er....you know.. The, ah..

Well, there must be someone I guess, for you to make such a knowing nod nod statement. I myself just can't recall... Anyone.

Or maybe you reckon New Orleans provides the best in the way of funeral services and that The Stones know that and want to be close by on their final days..

And yes, given their ages, soon we will see them pull up stumps as a touring outfit, as a band. Top prediction, that.

Perhaps you misunderstand what I'm getting at with the Jazz Fest appearance being a swan song.

Of course my "prediction" being top about them retiring is no mystery considering their age - but perhaps a lot of people think they're just gonna keep going into their 80s because, well, they're The Rolling Stones.

That's arguably admirable - but the fan base would considerably dwindle due to reality. Currently, as in since 2012, people are more along the line of 'Yeah! They're still doing it! They're old!' but very very soon they will be too old and it won't be so admirable.

From my understanding of what Keith's said recently, that's my perception, somewhat based on what he's said without saying it directly. Even he is essentially admitting it's very very close to hanging it up.

A lot of us have watched them grow old. For some fans they've always been old.

However, the Stones are getting really really old. In terms of doing it until they die - it won't be in football stadiums. The promoters won't go for that. They will be forced to retire from the big venues and have to play small ones, if they play at all.

There will always be people online and in the real world saying whatever about them being old, they should've died/quit/etc (pick a year or decade) and so on.

Keyboard warrior kind of crap.

No expert doctor "practices" for free when they're old - they're going to get what they can.

The Stones are no different - they will never play simply for the love of playing ie for free or next to nothing, $20 in a club (ha ha). So in that aspect they will price them selves into retirement.

On their own terms, anyway, not that that means anything: they'll be too old to give a damn anyway.

Like Mick said in 1972 or whenever, @#$%& it, we've done it.

Of course, he also said this in 1974: A knighthood, I'd take, nothing less than a knighthood. But you gotta last a long time to get a knighthood.

Date: March 22, 2019 04:43

IanBillen

staff member. All that is 100% Rolling Stones, my friend.

Valid point Ian. thumbs up

I still think they should try out someone else - a good percentage of eveything they've released with Don Was at the helm has missed the mark imo.
Obviosuly it's not all his fault, but a new set of ears in the production booth might help the band in a variety of ways - at least it couldn't hurt to try.
Plenty of great producers out there, but seems they're stuck in their old ways and unwilling to change and/or be challenged...

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 22, 2019 05:20

I really hope we get to hear a new tune 9r two this tour!!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 22, 2019 06:09

bitusa2012 “pull up stumps as a touring outfit”
I had to look that saying up.
Gas Light Street “However, the Stones are getting really really old.”
that made me laugh.
Of course it’s the last time. And Mick had the Jazz fest card to get Charlie to agree to come out again, my guess, plus, cool gig for everyone.
P.S.
I say it’s the last time every time, and every time I believe it.
Just like having kids ha ha Mick too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-22 06:11 by 35love.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 22, 2019 12:38

CJFP
I really hope we get to hear a new tune 9r two this tour!!!

Not bloody likely. Maybe at the european Tour in 2029.
Jeroen

Date: March 23, 2019 03:20

Very likely the last time in the US.

Regarding the thread title, no.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 23, 2019 15:19

GasLightStreet

Regarding the thread title, no.

agree on both points sadly.

Strange for them to come up with another new collection of past hits...it feels like they threw in the towel on touring with a new album and wanted to have something to shill.

On the other hand, they must have had at least a couple of new songs that were worthy of including in this package, so makes me wonder whether they could be holding them back to include on a new album. The optimist side in me coming out.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 23, 2019 21:51

GasLightStreet
Just like 2013 and 2015...

Date: March 23, 2019 23:41

Hairball
IanBillen

I still think they should try out someone else - a good percentage of eveything they've released with Don Was at the helm has missed the mark imo.
Obviosuly it's not all his fault, but a new set of ears in the production booth might help the band in a variety of ways - at least it couldn't hurt to try.
Plenty of great producers out there, but seems they're stuck in their old ways and unwilling to change and/or be challenged...

------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Hairball .. I check these messages on my phone half of the time. My response
was a bit harsh only bc I thought it was another member in which we have had many a few debates about Don Was and his quality as a producer (I thought he / she was trying the angle of ...that's why they haven't put out an album in 14 years lol).

But yeah .. I'm glad you see my point .. You may not think hes the best guy for the job and you may think their later stuff is lacking but as far as actually getting to the studio or starting an album. All that has nothing to do with him.
They were not there because of laziness, neglect, and complacency .. you know how that goes with them lately.

smileys with beer

Date: March 24, 2019 03:54

IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

Mr. Hairball .. I check these messages on my phone half of the time. My response
was a bit harsh only bc I thought it was another member in which we have had many a few debates about Don Was and his quality as a producer (I thought he / she was trying the angle of ...that's why they haven't put out an album in 14 years lol).

But yeah .. I'm glad you see my point .. You may not think hes the best guy for the job and you may think their later stuff is lacking but as far as actually getting to the studio or starting an album. All that has nothing to do with him.
They were not there because of laziness, neglect, and complacency .. you know how that goes with them lately.

smileys with beer

I didn't see it as being harsh at all - just thought you were defending Don Was as he's a studio "compadre" of yours in a similar line of work.

Two standout quotes from Don Was from the last several years regarding the new album:
"Hit a wall", and "Ill-defined"....so maybe he is trying to be tough on them?!

Maybe they should get you to produce?!!! thumbs up

Date: March 24, 2019 04:41

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

smileys with beer

I didn't see it as being harsh at all - just thought you were defending Don Was as he's a studio "compadre" of yours in a similar line of work.

Two standout quotes from Don Was from the last several years regarding the new album:

I'd bring over to your house and lock them in a kitchen and say to them .. No leaving this kitchen until the album is done!! hahahahaha.

Wouldn't be doing it for the glory ... Id be doing it for their own good (and our sanity! ha).

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: March 24, 2019 05:10

IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

smileys with beer

I'd bring over to your house and lock them in a kitchen and say to them .. No leaving this kitchen until the album is done!! hahahahaha.

Wouldn't be doing it for the glory ... Id be doing it for their own good (and our sanity! ha).
Yeah maybe they need an Andrew Oldham moment about now. lol.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...320321322323324325326327328329330...LastNext
Current Page: 325 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home