Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...322323324325326327328329330331332...LastNext
Current Page: 327 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 26, 2019 18:14

IanBillen
Hairball
jlowe
It was Andrew Oldham who 'locked them in the kitchen' (1964).
Klein came onto the scene in 1965.
He may well of course have locked them in a room....'Sign these contracts and then you can leave...' (for all we know).

Haha yeah - thanks for the correction - Ian, take notice! smiling smiley

Look .. ...I'm the one who told jlowe how it went down and with who .. .. .. .....

No, you certainly did not.
I shall be instructing my legal team shortly to deal with the matter.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: March 26, 2019 19:15

mrjones
Rolling stones song in the kitchen as per Andrew Loog Oldham!video: [www.45cat.com]
Posted on this website as per someone named Deltics.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 27, 2019 01:17

Really Wanna Tell The Truth for lead single 2019!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 27, 2019 04:54

NilsHolgersson

Now that would be quite appropriate because this thread is all about really wanting to know the truth about their new album.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 27, 2019 07:04

NilsHolgersson

sad smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 27, 2019 07:14

jlowe
IanBillen
Hairball
jlowe
It was Andrew Oldham who 'locked them in the kitchen' (1964).
Klein came onto the scene in 1965.
He may well of course have locked them in a room....'Sign these contracts and then you can leave...' (for all we know).

Haha yeah - thanks for the correction - Ian, take notice! smiling smiley

Look .. ...I'm the one who told jlowe how it went down and with who .. .. .. .....

No, you certainly did not.
I shall be instructing my legal team shortly to deal with the matter.

grinning smiley .. (well it was worth a shot)

Date: March 27, 2019 07:20

hopkins
of course you did, Ian; and i'm glad you did, thank you.
...and do appreciate the info too. I'm itching for this LP as well.
i like to have fun with it just to go 'the other way' with the hopes
and all; i mean; we 'should' have had a followup before 2010 really;
going by what actual working bands do; (yes they work; i don't mean to argue their present practices vs. their past manifestations; I like to consider them in a historical context but much more accepting their process and relationship changes, at least as far as I can suss that with help from other fans here)....
.... however resistant I've been to their internal processes and how that effects my personal wishes for more Stones boogie...over time)...

i don't have your engineering skills and knowledge but still, often you speak for me; i get a kick out of teasing them, you, myself, this whole wonderful ridiculous cult of personalities (plural).

I appreciate the tidbits and am more hopeful than cynical when it comes to them; which is amazing because they always and consistently let me down. see what I did there? silliness; they're my faves forever...
i like to play; but i HAVE been seriously frustrated and confused along the way; i'm sorta playin' cool wise guy but i want this to happen badly.
i couldn't get much of a response to my pleasure with that Instagram clip here; Tell The Truth, or something close to that...
... tho somebody who liked it posted it and somebody else, i'm not sure if it was 35 but maybe her, somebody; maybe only one other poster here that i saw, seemed to want to praise or encourage it; which sort of confused me a little; not about the track (what i heard of it from Instagram clip) and not confused about what i like and am eager to enjoy more of....but at what other fans want or expect; especially here; i think the general public will respond or not according to the song and related promo when it comes; i didn't say "if," so that's hopeful; and a kind heart is behind my attempts at humor with other Stones fan especially.
Monty Python fan with a Mad Magazine penchant as i was learning to read.

I like it! I'm not any sort of master engineer .. basically average .. I spose my ears and organization or assembly skills in there have always won out in the studio. I do know some great ones that put me to shame in the technical realm. Keep the faith .. The Stones are really taking their time with this one and have high standards they want to meet. Would be nice to get one last 'great' album!!

Hang in!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-27 07:21 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 27, 2019 13:15

NilsHolgersson

do it!!
If their coming up with a record at this point, let us hear something really new.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 27, 2019 14:38

IanBillen
hopkins
of course you did, Ian; and i'm glad you did, thank you.
...and do appreciate the info too. I'm itching for this LP as well.
i like to have fun with it just to go 'the other way' with the hopes
and all; i mean; we 'should' have had a followup before 2010 really;
going by what actual working bands do; (yes they work; i don't mean to argue their present practices vs. their past manifestations; I like to consider them in a historical context but much more accepting their process and relationship changes, at least as far as I can suss that with help from other fans here)....
.... however resistant I've been to their internal processes and how that effects my personal wishes for more Stones boogie...over time)...

i don't have your engineering skills and knowledge but still, often you speak for me; i get a kick out of teasing them, you, myself, this whole wonderful ridiculous cult of personalities (plural).

I appreciate the tidbits and am more hopeful than cynical when it comes to them; which is amazing because they always and consistently let me down. see what I did there? silliness; they're my faves forever...
i like to play; but i HAVE been seriously frustrated and confused along the way; i'm sorta playin' cool wise guy but i want this to happen badly.
i couldn't get much of a response to my pleasure with that Instagram clip here; Tell The Truth, or something close to that...
... tho somebody who liked it posted it and somebody else, i'm not sure if it was 35 but maybe her, somebody; maybe only one other poster here that i saw, seemed to want to praise or encourage it; which sort of confused me a little; not about the track (what i heard of it from Instagram clip) and not confused about what i like and am eager to enjoy more of....but at what other fans want or expect; especially here; i think the general public will respond or not according to the song and related promo when it comes; i didn't say "if," so that's hopeful; and a kind heart is behind my attempts at humor with other Stones fan especially.
Monty Python fan with a Mad Magazine penchant as i was learning to read.

I like it! I'm not any sort of master engineer .. basically average .. I spose my ears and organization or assembly skills in there have always won out in the studio. I do know some great ones that put me to shame in the technical realm. Keep the faith .. The Stones are really taking their time with this one and have high standards they want to meet. Would be nice to get one last 'great' album!!

Hang in!

thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 27, 2019 18:48

This thread is not sticky for a while, but you will easily find it through the following link on the IORR home page:

IORR Forum links of interest

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 27, 2019 19:13

This thread has nine lives and will survive being 'un-stickied' once again!

It will be a sad day if this thread ever gets closed....sad smiley...but while it still exists there's still hope for a new single,EP, and/or album some time in the distant future.
Keeping the dreams alive!

Meanhwhile, HONK! (lol) is being released soon, and a new tour about to blast off in North America...hope they have the balls to play a brand new tune on the upcoming tour!
Keep on rolling!!!thumbs up

Date: March 27, 2019 20:09

Hairball

It will be a sad day if this thread ever gets closed....sad smiley...but while it still exists there's still hope for a new single,EP, and/or album some time in the distant future.

Meanhwhile, HONK! (lol) is being released soon, and a new tour about to blast off in North America...hope they have the balls to play a brand new tune on the upcoming tour!

Agreed!! Hairball

... However .. I don't think we will see a new tune on the tour, sadly.

Date: March 27, 2019 21:04

IanBillen
Hairball

Agreed!! Hairball

... However .. I don't think we will see a new tune on the tour, sadly.

Sadly I think you're right Ian, but never say never, and we'll find out soon enough.

Only 24 days until the tour starts...HONK! eye popping smileygrinning smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 27, 2019 21:34

Hairball

Sorry Hairball, i think that wont happen.
jeroen

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 28, 2019 03:26

Now it's not Sticky

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 28, 2019 04:08

HONK is the new album for 2019.

That's it.

Thread over!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 28, 2019 04:31

Hairball
It will be a sad day if this thread ever gets closed....sad smiley

Don't worry, there'll always be a next album to crave for ... winking smiley

Presently I'm rather wondering if redestickying this thread is based on some new inside info ...

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 28, 2019 04:48

GasLightStreet

That's it.

Thread over!

That's sure, the record company won't release two albums during the same year.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 28, 2019 05:51

Considering Keith's and Don Was's most recent statements about the state of album affairs it doesn't really come as a surprise. It must have also been what the Stones themselves anticipated anyway, otherwise there were no Honk with a live bonus CD. I just wonder how much studio time went into getting the live tracks into a sellable shape (provided the overdubs weren't done by ... er ... guests).

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 29, 2019 03:31

Just in! "We cut a few tracks in LA about 3 weeks ago. Good stuff." - Keith

Date: March 29, 2019 04:03

georgelicks
GasLightStreet

That's it.

Thread over!

So you're sayin .. No new album in 2019 (as you've indicated before) .... wow sad smiley .. Truly disappointing. Not getting any younger and anything can happen at any time. Ronnie had a near miss just a couple years ago. Not sure why they don't
finish it off .. Instead we got Honk. Why did we get Honk and why didn't the record company (label/ Universal) press for something brand new from them?

Date: March 29, 2019 04:23

Hang tough Ian - next year is only 10 months away, but even that's not a guarantee.
If it does get finished (still a big if), and they release it for the Christmas season 2020, that's nearly double the wait.
The thread has been un-stickied again, and all the Stones have left us to discuss is HONK (eye rolling smiley ), but on a somewhat bright note, the upcoming tour is only 23 days away. thumbs up

To add salt to the wounds, I have a suspicious feeling we'll be seeing a live No Filter cd/dvd set before we ever see a new Stones album, taking us to 2021 at the earliest and probably well beyond.

Date: March 29, 2019 07:39

Hairball
Hang tough Ian - next year is only 10 months away, but even that's not a guarantee.
If it does get finished (still a big if), and they release it for the Christmas season 2020, that's nearly double the wait.
The thread has been un-stickied again, and all the Stones have left us to discuss is HONK (eye rolling smiley ), but on a somewhat bright note, the upcoming tour is only 23 days away. thumbs up

To add salt to the wounds, I have a suspicious feeling we'll be seeing a live No Filter cd/dvd set before we ever see a new Stones album, taking us to 2021 at the earliest and probably well beyond.

One would think after the tour and a good rest they would want to finally say ...'hey .... you know what guys ... let's finish the album'. I thought that was coming two years ago .... still hoping. Wow Lol

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 29, 2019 10:54

Hairball

...9 months

Rod

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 29, 2019 16:44

From Keith's interview with Simon Cosyns, published by The Sun on 3/28:

“We’re working on the album,” reports Richards. “We’ve got the first bits done and I’m looking forward to getting back in after this tour. Charlie Watts is playing his arse off!”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: March 29, 2019 18:31

bye bye johnny

“We’re working on the album,” reports Richards. “We’ve got the first bits done and I’m looking forward to getting back in after this tour. Charlie Watts is playing his arse off!”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

The 'first bits' ... after four years ... lovely (though I think there is much more done than he lets on). I wonder how long until it's finished ...another ten? .. ......

Date: March 29, 2019 19:35

The "first bits" ...sigh...wondering if those first bits are "ill-defined"...eye rolling smiley

bye bye johnny

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Thanks bye bye johnny.thumbs up

"Through all these years, we feel a real empathy with our audience"

Then how about a new album!

“It’s great the album (TIC) is getting a second coming. I had a feeling the first time wasn’t enough and that the record would hang through time.
It’s proved to be true. It’s an, ‘I told you so!’”

Yes, and since there's no new Stones album in the foreseeable future, how about another great Keith solo album!
Might be a best case scenario - Keith solo and Mick solo...two solo albums are better than none.
Instead they have nothing to show but HONK.................

Date: March 31, 2019 04:38

IanBillen
georgelicks
GasLightStreet

That's it.

Thread over!

So you're sayin .. No new album in 2019 (as you've indicated before) .... wow sad smiley .. Truly disappointing. Not getting any younger and anything can happen at any time. Ronnie had a near miss just a couple years ago. Not sure why they don't
finish it off .. Instead we got Honk. Why did we get Honk and why didn't the record company (label/ Universal) press for something brand new from them?

Not a near miss, a near hit.

The only time there has ever been a comp and a studio album released in the same year was 1981.

Date: March 31, 2019 06:12

Until 2020, enjoy the new album!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 31, 2019 07:24

GasLightStreet
Until 2020, enjoy the new album!

sad smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...322323324325326327328329330331332...LastNext
Current Page: 327 of 704