Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...326327328329330331332333334335336...LastNext
Current Page: 331 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 17, 2019 17:47

Gigbag
Can we keep this thread alive please? With Mick back in action I'm looking for more snippets of hope.

Well nothing more can get done before September now...and that's only if they didn't want a bit of down time after the couple of months on the road.

We're no wiser than ever really,
We don't even know for sure whether there's the makings of an album that just needs a few finishing touches...or whether they still need to start pretty much from scratch .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 17:49 by Spud.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:18

Guess n hope they will pick it up next year.
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:01

Did someone say new album?

smiling smiley

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 17, 2019 23:47

Maybe they'll try out some new songs on the tour, like they used to!!! Its all just wishful thinking now!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 18, 2019 03:41

Hopefully it’s more complete than they’re letting on. I over ready for some new music

Date: May 18, 2019 17:17

Anyone see this new video of Mick?

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: May 18, 2019 17:23

Yes and I really like what I heard....just a simple classic Stones grove

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 18, 2019 17:47

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 18, 2019 17:52

longlongwinter
Yes and I really like what I heard....just a simple classic Stones grove
thumbs up
Is that a fiddle I'm hearing in there? cool smiley

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: May 18, 2019 17:57

God, I really like what I am hearing!!

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 18, 2019 18:24

That's a catchy little riff there.
Micks more than ready yay.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2019 19:44

Sounds great - better than that previous pop/dance clip he posted pre-postponement.

He must have had a 'change of heart' and now he wants to ROCK! winking smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 18, 2019 19:45

maumau
[www.instagram.com]
Great song. No 1 on Billboard top 200

Date: May 18, 2019 19:58

Cannot wait to hear this, the harmonica one, and the Tell the Truth one when they're finished.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 18, 2019 21:33

Hairball
Sounds great - better than that previous pop/dance clip he posted pre-postponement.

He must have had a 'change of heart' and now he wants to ROCK! winking smileysmileys with beer

Then surgery was good. Need one surgery for Keith as well so he gets back to his rocking spirit days like "Happy" / Chuck Berry playing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-18 21:33 by mtaylor.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 18, 2019 21:40

Can we please change the title of this thread to "No New Album In 2019"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-18 21:41 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 18, 2019 22:07

From an interview with John Bungey of The Times, published May 18:

Don Was: ‘Can jazz be as popular as pop? I hope not’

Rick Diamond/Getty Images

A week after we meet Was will be in a New York studio recording overdubs with Richards for the next Stones album. Thanks to the success of their last record, the blues set Blue and Lonesome, the band view the stakes as higher. Was says that at least 20 new songs have been recorded. “I can’t really describe the album because we haven’t made the choices yet. Keith and Mick have been writing together, it’s all original material and it’s really good.”

He reports that Jagger is recovering well from the heart surgery that postponed the band’s US tour. “Everything I hear is that he’s absolutely fine. He isn’t back in the studio yet, but he’s fine.”

What compels the 75-year-old singer to keep returning to the spotlight? Was is in no doubt. “It’s fun to be in the Rolling Stones. It’s nothing to do with making money. It’s the best way to spend your life, just playing music with these guys.

“The secret is their approach. It’s fresh every night. They’re not recreating. Creating and recreating are completely different neurological activities — and they are trying to stay creative. Mick’s phrasing will be different every night. Keith plays differently every night. He’ll play a chord in a completely different position. Again, it’s like a conversation.

“I have played bass a lot with them in the studio and the interplay is brilliant, man. It’s just like a jazz group. Charlie [Watts] will do something on the hi-hat and Keith will respond, he’s so fast...

“The times I’ve filled in for Darryl [Jones, the regular bassist] in a rehearsal or a session, I’ve always been really sad when he came back.” Did Was get an invitation to join after Bill Wyman left? “No... the motherf***ers,” he says, beaming.

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

* Re: "A week after we meet..." Interview was done in late April.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-19 14:28 by bye bye johnny.

Date: May 18, 2019 22:35

Oh, that's amazing. Overdubs means that this thing is almost done. When do we think that this will be released? By the end of the tour? Single before the tour? During the tour?

smoking smileyRe: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 18, 2019 22:54

This really is what I read in a couple of posts?

"KR:..... For a year, Mick and I have written a lot together, eyes in the eye. We meet face to face about every two months, we throw song ideas on the table and we scratch. ......."

And it is an actual quote?

smiling bouncing smileydrinking smileyeye popping smileysmoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-18 22:55 by Witness.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 18, 2019 23:12

mtaylor
maumau
[www.instagram.com]
Great song. No 1 on Billboard top 200

Sounds like Let It Bleed

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: May 18, 2019 23:49

I absolutely LOVE that clip. That is one catchy riff. Still, with that Was quote from the article, it still doesn't seem like they know 100% when it'll be done. They must have a bunch of songs picked out if Keith's doing overdubs. I really hope they can pull a new song out on the tour, but again, very unlikely. I'm praying for a new single by the end of the year and the album out by mid 2020.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 19, 2019 01:46

Doesn't sound like Charlie or the Stones to my ears.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 19, 2019 02:09

> Doesn't sound like Charlie

It's a drum machine on that track.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 19, 2019 02:14

It sounds like one of those rockumentaries where they couldn't get/afford the rights to any actual Stones music, and have a session band playing vaguely Stonesy music...

Date: May 19, 2019 02:55

peoplewitheyes
It sounds like one of those rockumentaries where they couldn't get/afford the rights to any actual Stones music, and have a session band playing vaguely Stonesy music...
Lmao!!!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 19, 2019 05:43

If the trend continues, we'll also have 20 new 20-sec clips in addition to the 20 (or so) new songs that we hear about for years now.

To me this snippets are not really telling. Mick strumming whatever chord will always sound like Mick strumming whatever chord. If the song that goes along with it (in case there is a song to go along with it and not just the strumming) is killer or filler can't be told - or rather, I couldn't tell.

Good news is (courtesy of DW) that there's something going on (or about to go on) in terms of studio work. Let's just hope it's not just overdubs for The Return of the Son of A Greater Honk Live ...

Date: May 19, 2019 05:46

TornAndFried
Can we please change the title of this thread to "No New Album In 2019"

But why? There will be a new album in 2019. It's called Pink Moon! grinning smiley ...

Date: May 19, 2019 06:33

doitywoik
Good news is (courtesy of DW) that there's something going on (or about to go on) in terms of studio work. Let's just hope it's not just overdubs for The Return of the Son of A Greater Honk Live ...
Oh... do we know when?

Date: May 19, 2019 08:16

CJFP
Oh... do we know when?

Judging from the interview (which must have taken place post-surgery) perhaps right about now, or not too far from now (maybe next week?):

bye bye johnny
From an interview with John Bungey of The Times, published May 18:

"A week after we meet Was will be in a New York studio recording overdubs with Richards for the next Stones album. [...] He reports that Jagger is recovering well from the heart surgery that postponed the band’s US tour. [...] He isn’t back in the studio yet, but he’s fine.”

Sounds to me like there's studio work going on that's directly album-related also while Mick is still recovering. So it's not just Keith hanging around waiting for something to happen. It would be nice to get similar news also from the other two (or, at least Ronnie). At any rate, it fits well in the overall picture of patchwork recording that we got over the past few years. Whether it benefitted the album or not is something we will know once the album is out for us to discuss it for another 500+ pages ... winking smiley

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 19, 2019 08:37

i like the new album. tonk is pretty good. i'm not sure if i'm gonna get the 9.99 version from target or the 79.80 one that's four album with good grain alcohol in the high grain vinyl with Lots of grain. that could be worth twenty dollars in a few years i think, besides, they need the money. the hoppy one is likely to impregnate again. think of the dozens we'll never hear about with Dr, Moreau!
anyway, brb....
ok, that one about stopping i heard a little clip; damn good.
don't stop; it's sorta like the opposite of start me up; in a way.
but it's really the same thing; once you start him up he never stops,...
don't the maternity nurses know that one by heart,
anyway; a new one's finally out and people still want more.
they are over doubling some stuff in Peru an insider told me,,,,
they told chuck he was needed for overdubs in Saskatchewan so it's prolixly true,

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...326327328329330331332333334335336...LastNext
Current Page: 331 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home