Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...321322323324325326327328329330331...LastNext
Current Page: 326 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 24, 2019 06:03

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

None of The Stones neglect, laziness and complacency that only delivered us
3 albums in the past 30 years has anything to do with a producer, manager, or
staff member. All that is 100% Rolling Stones, my friend.

Valid point Ian. thumbs up

I still think they should try out someone else - a good percentage of eveything they've released with Don Was at the helm has missed the mark imo.
Obviosuly it's not all his fault, but a new set of ears in the production booth might help the band in a variety of ways - at least it couldn't hurt to try.
Plenty of great producers out there, but seems they're stuck in their old ways and unwilling to change and/or be challenged...

------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Hairball .. I check these messages on my phone half of the time. My response
was a bit harsh only bc I thought it was another member in which we have had many a few debates about Don Was and his quality as a producer (I thought he / she was trying the angle of ...that's why they haven't put out an album in 14 years lol).

But yeah .. I'm glad you see my point .. You may not think hes the best guy for the job and you may think their later stuff is lacking but as far as actually getting to the studio or starting an album. All that has nothing to do with him.
They were not there because of laziness, neglect, and complacency .. you know how that goes with them lately.

smileys with beer

I didn't see it as being harsh at all - just thought you were defending Don Was as he's a studio "compadre" of yours in a similar line of work.

Two standout quotes from Don Was from the last several years regarding the new album:
"Hit a wall", and "Ill-defined"....so maybe he is trying to be tough on them?!

Maybe they should get you to produce?!!! thumbs up

I'd bring over to your house and lock them in a kitchen and say to them .. No leaving this kitchen until the album is done!! hahahahaha.

Wouldn't be doing it for the glory ... Id be doing it for their own good (and our sanity! ha).

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 24, 2019 08:08

not out yet. and not slated for release on the record anywhere we can access. it's not 'done' yet according to sources on the faces, the mouth parts, of several of the few principals.
Don't thank me; i would have done this anyway, but do appreciate my readership; don't get me wrong.
tell the truth; da da daaa da

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 24, 2019 08:21

Maybe they're working on a Stones photo album ...

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-24 08:22 by Rockman.

Date: March 24, 2019 09:28

Rockman
Maybe they're working on a Stones photo album ...

Hahahaha!!! grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2019 15:14

IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

None of The Stones neglect, laziness and complacency that only delivered us
3 albums in the past 30 years has anything to do with a producer, manager, or
staff member. All that is 100% Rolling Stones, my friend.

Valid point Ian. thumbs up

I still think they should try out someone else - a good percentage of eveything they've released with Don Was at the helm has missed the mark imo.
Obviosuly it's not all his fault, but a new set of ears in the production booth might help the band in a variety of ways - at least it couldn't hurt to try.
Plenty of great producers out there, but seems they're stuck in their old ways and unwilling to change and/or be challenged...

------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Hairball .. I check these messages on my phone half of the time. My response
was a bit harsh only bc I thought it was another member in which we have had many a few debates about Don Was and his quality as a producer (I thought he / she was trying the angle of ...that's why they haven't put out an album in 14 years lol).

But yeah .. I'm glad you see my point .. You may not think hes the best guy for the job and you may think their later stuff is lacking but as far as actually getting to the studio or starting an album. All that has nothing to do with him.
They were not there because of laziness, neglect, and complacency .. you know how that goes with them lately.

smileys with beer

I didn't see it as being harsh at all - just thought you were defending Don Was as he's a studio "compadre" of yours in a similar line of work.

Two standout quotes from Don Was from the last several years regarding the new album:
"Hit a wall", and "Ill-defined"....so maybe he is trying to be tough on them?!

Maybe they should get you to produce?!!! thumbs up

I'd bring over to your house and lock them in a kitchen and say to them .. No leaving this kitchen until the album is done!! hahahahaha.

Wouldn't be doing it for the glory ... Id be doing it for their own good (and our sanity! ha).

I think the big issue really, is in the open plan design of most houses nowadays. You simply can't lock Mick and Keith in the kitchen anymore, as it really is part of the 'great room' concept.

...and as a side question, really, how many kitchens, even in the early sixties, had locks on them? I mean what would be the purpose of locking the kitchen? Was there a lot of 'food theft' going on?

Date: March 24, 2019 17:23

Hairball
Ian Billen
I think Hairball will be thrilled with the news.

I already commented on the quote on the previous page, and yes I was thrilled to read the latest..."ill defined".......angry smiley

Back to square one again...lol..................winking smiley

I'm taking it you are not familiar with their 'locked in a kitchen' and forced to write their first song ... Alan Klein did that to em.

If not... now you know where my kitchen reference was coming from ha

Ian

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 24, 2019 18:36

How about a different producer for each track? eah with stones for a week spread out over 14 years!

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: March 24, 2019 18:58

Rolling stones song in the kitchen as per Andrew Loog Oldham!video: [www.45cat.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 24, 2019 19:48

Ian Billen
I'm taking it you are not familiar with their 'locked in a kitchen' and forced to write their first song ... Alan Klein did that to em.

Oh really? Thanks for the lesson Ian...................

You think I just come to IORR and this thread to rant about a new album? winking smiley

If so, you might be underestimating my knowledge of the Stones Ian - I've been a student of most all things Stones related as far back as I can remember!
While maybe not as schooled as some of the true old timer experts who know every triviality about the band (what they had for breakfast on June 3, '65 for example),
the Allan Klein story is one of the first things a fan learns about the Stones, and can be found in the book "Stones for Dummies" in chapter 1 - I should know as I've read it a hundred times. grinning smiley

If we ever do meet in person Ian, I challenge you to a Stones trivia game, and will wager 100 US pennies! smileys with beer

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 24, 2019 19:55

It was Andrew Oldham who 'locked them in the kitchen' (1964).
Klein came onto the scene in 1965.
He may well of course have locked them in a room....'Sign these contracts and then you can leave...' (for all we know).

Date: March 24, 2019 20:33

jlowe
He may well of course have locked them in a room....'Sign these contracts and then you can leave...' (for all we know).

Haha yeah - thanks for the correction - Ian, take notice! smiling smiley

Date: March 25, 2019 02:38

Hairball
Ian Billen

Oh really? Thanks for the lesson Ian...................

You think I just come to IORR and this thread to rant about a new album? winking smiley

If so, you might be underestimating my knowledge of the Stones Ian - I've been a student of most all things Stones related as far back as I can remember!
While maybe not as schooled as some of the true old timer experts who know every triviality about the band (what they had for breakfast on June 3, '65 for example),
the Allan Klein story is one of the first things a fan learns about the Stones, and can be found in the book "Stones for Dummies" in chapter 1 - I should know as I've read it a hundred times. grinning smiley

If we ever do meet in person Ian, I challenge you to a Stones trivia game, and will wager 100 US pennies! smileys with beer

Noooo ... Was my worry that perhaps that one had somehow escaped you through the years and didn't want you left thinking ..'you'd come to my house ? ... and put them in the kitchen'?? .. >> Ummmmm okaaaay? This guys a strange bird grinning smiley

That was my only reason for throwing that explanation out there. I figured you had heard / know the story all along. Ha. However many think it was a room but it was said to be a kitchen and Mick claims they were not really 'locked' in there....

Like I say .. I catch iorr on my phone while Im at the studio me-self or at the library (I work at both). I didn't notice you had responded and simply didn't wanna weird anyone out.

So back to the story .. I would be willing to take the trivia challenge and
I'd consider you the underdog .. but I would not bet 100 pennies .. I would go
with 75 of them or possibly five dimes and five nickles ... (I can't be so sure ha grinning smiley ).

Mr. Billen -

smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-25 02:41 by IanBillen.

Date: March 25, 2019 02:52

Ian - looks like we both need to brush up on our Stones facts - see jlowe's post:

jlowe

Although I have an excuse as I was just quoting your wrong info., and I happen to be in Vegas now surrounded by sensory overload.

So back to the square one for both of us - time to break out the Stones for Dummies book again, and start with chapter 1!

After we've done our homework, we'll take the Stones trivia challenge! smileys with beer

Lesson #1 - Andrew Loog Oldham locked them in a kitchen and forced them to write their own material.
We can now proceed to chapter 2. winking smiley

Date: March 25, 2019 02:53

Hairball
jlowe

Haha yeah - thanks for the correction - Ian, take notice! smiling smiley

Look .. ...I'm the one who told jlowe how it went down and with who .. .. .. .....

Date: March 25, 2019 02:58

"The name is Oldham...Andrew Loog Oldham, and don't you forget it"!

Date: March 25, 2019 05:03

Hairball
"The name is Oldham...Andrew Loog Oldham, and don't you forget it"!

He always preferred that we called him 'Candy Andy' in front of guests .. ... (finally one day I told him it made him sound like a real sissy .. eh .. guess he didn't give a S**t .. .. confused smiley).

Date: March 25, 2019 05:51

smiling smiley

Awaiting any new updates on the new album lol, even though we've been told nothing to discuss until well after the tour is over.
Meanwhile we have HONK! to keep us "happy", and it will help fill the void of not having new original Stones album in 15 years...sad smiley...angry smiley...confused smiley...wtf, it ain't easy being a Stones these days!

Date: March 25, 2019 06:14

Hairball
smiling smiley

Awaiting any new updates on the new album lol, even though we've been told nothing to discuss until well after the tour is over.
Meanwhile we have HONK! to keep us "happy", and it will help fill the void of not having new original Stones album in 15 years...sad smiley...angry smiley...confused smiley...wtf, it ain't easy being a Stones these days!

Lol ... agreed ...very much agreed.

As for Honk? ... Well I do like the way the list spreads out and includes later era Stones .. BUT .. mweh .. Looking forward to the new album .. later this year? October / November (<<optimistic thinking .. I realize that).

This is indeed ... the mystery album. Nobody really knows anything about it .. and they have let almost nothing out about how the material sounds .. nothing .. (yet ha).

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 25, 2019 14:50

New album wont be here till June 2022.
Jeroen

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 25, 2019 16:02

One potential concept for a new album has now been hijacked by someone else winking smiley

Some Guys

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 25, 2019 21:49

IanBillen
Hairball
smiling smiley

As for Honk? ... Well I do like the way the list spreads out and includes later era Stones .. BUT .. mweh .. Looking forward to the new album .. later this year? October / November (<<optimistic thinking .. I realize that).

This is indeed ... the mystery album. Nobody really knows anything about it .. and they have let almost nothing out about how the material sounds .. nothing .. (yet ha).

Hopefully someone will get Klein to spill the beans about how all the new tracks sound, you know?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 25, 2019 22:04

Rokyfan
IanBillen
Hairball
smiling smiley

Hopefully someone will get Klein to spill the beans about how all the new tracks sound, you know?

confused smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 25, 2019 22:17

Rokyfan

I'm pretty damn sure the answer would be something like "Absolutely amazing!"spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(Noone would ever state something like, "two songs are so-so, the rest is crap" ... even if it were so. If it were about styles, the answer would likely be, 'a few rockers, ballads, country tunes, but all pure Stones'. I don't think one should expect serious answers to such questions at this point. DW's comment, 'too ill-defined at this point to comment on' is possibly as honest as it gets.)

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 26, 2019 00:16

"Hopefully someone will get Klein to spill the beans about how all the new tracks sound, you know?"

I'm pretty sure Klein is with Francisco Franco -- still dead.
I also think we're still looking at 2023 for the new record.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 00:17 by bam.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 26, 2019 02:48

bam
"Hopefully someone will get Klein to spill the beans about how all the new tracks sound, you know?"

I'm pretty sure Klein is with Francisco Franco -- still dead.
I also think we're still looking at 2023 for the new record.
Still dead!

Date: March 26, 2019 04:31

Interview with Keith by Steve Jordan on Sirius XM tomorrow at 8 pm EST.. Show is known as 'Layin it Down'.

I certainly would not get my hopes up .. but perhaps he will mention or speak of the albums progress ..etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 04:32 by IanBillen.

Date: March 26, 2019 06:17

yay interviewing steve!! that means they are close!!!

Date: March 26, 2019 06:18

real close.

i was checking in to see, but didn't know about the Steve Interview!!
this is it! he's spilling the beans. periscope squad, meet me at the station.

Date: March 26, 2019 08:11

hopkins
real close.

i was checking in to see, but didn't know about the Steve Interview!!
this is it! he's spilling the beans. periscope squad, meet me at the station.

Lol ... I wish this were the scenario in my opinion. My guess is they will talk about his musical influences .. how the Stones have survived .. the upcoming tour and discuss the various things that have been discussed in most Keith Richards interviews over the last 30 years or more.

My guess is Steve will briefly ask how the new album is coming and Keith will be for the most part .... short and vague.

In short.. I see it as just another Interview with nothing coming out of it different or substantial as with all the others.

>> However .. I felt it was duty to report it .. Juuuuuust in case. Sooner or later we have to get some 'definitive' info. I just dont see any interview before the tour as being one of these.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 08:14 by IanBillen.

Date: March 26, 2019 08:40

of course you did, Ian; and i'm glad you did, thank you.
...and do appreciate the info too. I'm itching for this LP as well.
i like to have fun with it just to go 'the other way' with the hopes
and all; i mean; we 'should' have had a followup before 2010 really;
going by what actual working bands do; (yes they work; i don't mean to argue their present practices vs. their past manifestations; I like to consider them in a historical context but much more accepting their process and relationship changes, at least as far as I can suss that with help from other fans here)....
.... however resistant I've been to their internal processes and how that effects my personal wishes for more Stones boogie...over time)...

i don't have your engineering skills and knowledge but still, often you speak for me; i get a kick out of teasing them, you, myself, this whole wonderful ridiculous cult of personalities (plural).

I appreciate the tidbits and am more hopeful than cynical when it comes to them; which is amazing because they always and consistently let me down. see what I did there? silliness; they're my faves forever...
i like to play; but i HAVE been seriously frustrated and confused along the way; i'm sorta playin' cool wise guy but i want this to happen badly.
i couldn't get much of a response to my pleasure with that Instagram clip here; Tell The Truth, or something close to that...
... tho somebody who liked it posted it and somebody else, i'm not sure if it was 35 but maybe her, somebody; maybe only one other poster here that i saw, seemed to want to praise or encourage it; which sort of confused me a little; not about the track (what i heard of it from Instagram clip) and not confused about what i like and am eager to enjoy more of....but at what other fans want or expect; especially here; i think the general public will respond or not according to the song and related promo when it comes; i didn't say "if," so that's hopeful; and a kind heart is behind my attempts at humor with other Stones fan especially.
Monty Python fan with a Mad Magazine penchant as i was learning to read.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-26 09:22 by hopkins.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...321322323324325326327328329330331...LastNext
Current Page: 326 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home