Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...314315316317318319320321322323324...LastNext
Current Page: 319 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:06

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
If all that is true Ian, why would they release another Greatest Hits compilation?
We don't know for a fact that's what this new video teaser is all about, but if you recall georgelicks did mention that as a possibility some time back.
Seems if the new album is having problems and is behind schedule again (which wouldn't be surprising), maybe they decided screw it for now...let's release a compilation to cash in on the tour.

For record store day .. just to put out there. It won't be close to the release of a new album .. and the new album is not quite finished anyway most likely (though I think they got plenty done on it). This little compilation nugget will have no impact or interference on a new Stones release .. and will soon be forgotten. Isn't gonna steal any spot light, or sales from a new album release in the fall by any means if the new album comes then .. So I think the release of this has no influence on the state of the new album or any relation to the state of the album. Whether they had a new album coming or not .. this would happen IMO.

As far as what we know, the release for record store day is the She's A Rainbow single.
This "little compilation nugget" as you call is a whole different story, and the fact is we really don't know if that's the plan.
Seems like a possibility, but we will have to await more clues to know for sure.

And I see your still hellbent on the new album being released in the fall lol. While it would be fantastic, I'm not so sure if we can really count on it that soon.

To quote georgelicks: "Keep your expectations low, very low, that's all I can say, or you'll be very disappointed".

And: "We have a long way to go until we see the album out, the band won't release it until they are 100% satisfied with the material"

So if this new compilation has at least one new tune on it, all I can say is ONE is better than NONE, and anything beyond that is not guaranteed - in other words the future's still uncertain.
But then there's the chance the compilation will have no new tunes at all...very sad if that's the case, but at least we have Keith's Talk is Cheap bonus material to look forward to. thumbs up

My bad Hairball on the release date flub on my part. Mweh .. another greatest hits / major known songs compilation .. (how many can they possibly have? = borrrrrring). Anyway it is just another cashing in on this tour and to go along with The tour. Is nothing that is going to hinder the new album or push it back further. HONK Will be an under the radar (no pun) product that won't do much. Either way .. any compilation in April .. will have no impact on sales / downloads of the new album and it will not steal any thunder .. Besides ... the new record will come 6 months later. HONK isn't going to sell so hot anyway (watch and see) .. Nor does it carry any weight. It has no bearing or interference on a new studio album sometime if one is to come or planned to come in the fall. HONK is just some compilation .. It will not produce any bang or much publicity and it'll be waaaaaaay forgotten by fall.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:13

I hope it's HONK, a limited 3 LP from the 3 Parisian No Filter nights. Or the vote songs on the No Filter tour.

miam miam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 23:20 by damnation.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:16

IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
If all that is true Ian, why would they release another Greatest Hits compilation?
We don't know for a fact that's what this new video teaser is all about, but if you recall georgelicks did mention that as a possibility some time back.
Seems if the new album is having problems and is behind schedule again (which wouldn't be surprising), maybe they decided screw it for now...let's release a compilation to cash in on the tour.

For record store day .. just to put out there. It won't be close to the release of a new album .. and the new album is not quite finished anyway most likely (though I think they got plenty done on it). This little compilation nugget will have no impact or interference on a new Stones release .. and will soon be forgotten. Isn't gonna steal any spot light, or sales from a new album release in the fall by any means if the new album comes then .. So I think the release of this has no influence on the state of the new album or any relation to the state of the album. Whether they had a new album coming or not .. this would happen IMO.

As far as what we know, the release for record store day is the She's A Rainbow single.
This "little compilation nugget" as you call is a whole different story, and the fact is we really don't know if that's the plan.
Seems like a possibility, but we will have to await more clues to know for sure.

And I see your still hellbent on the new album being released in the fall lol. While it would be fantastic, I'm not so sure if we can really count on it that soon.

To quote georgelicks: "Keep your expectations low, very low, that's all I can say, or you'll be very disappointed".

And: "We have a long way to go until we see the album out, the band won't release it until they are 100% satisfied with the material"

So if this new compilation has at least one new tune on it, all I can say is ONE is better than NONE, and anything beyond that is not guaranteed - in other words the future's still uncertain.
But then there's the chance the compilation will have no new tunes at all...very sad if that's the case, but at least we have Keith's Talk is Cheap bonus material to look forward to. thumbs up

My bad Hairball on the release date flub on my part. Mweh .. another greatest hits / major known songs compilation .. (how many can they possibly have? = borrrrrring). Anyway it is just another cashing in on this tour and to go along with The tour. Is nothing that is going to hinder the new album or push it back further. HONK Will be an under the radar (no pun) product that won't do much. Either way .. any compilation in April .. will have no impact on sales / downloads of the new album and it will not steal any thunder .. Besides ... the new record will come 6 months later. HONK isn't going to sell so hot anyway (watch and see) .. Nor does it carry any weight. It has no bearing or interference on a new studio album sometime if one is to come or planned to come in the fall. HONK is just some compilation .. It will not produce any bang or much publicity and it'll be waaaaaaay forgotten by fall.

Plus it helps them to generate some income to pay for all these studio sessions...

...and the new live version of She's A Rainbow as a bonus track or one of the bonus tracks (maybe there's even more!) will help to sell more copies of Honk...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:20

Another CD/Vinyl link: [www.MondadoriStore.it] .

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:22

I hope this isn't a strictly European release!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:25

well it's boring for us as dedicated fans. lol, it's another Warhorse lp.
ok, they musti've done market research and are pitching to the kids
who don't have what we have; and what some of us have had for Decades;
and the prime record buying audience is not alive yet for Decades....
....we ought to know by now that every revenue stream, sometimes
ridiculous ones from our perspective as deep fans, and not meaning
that in a sarcastic sense, uh, this time.
prolly ever three or so years a new hundred million 12 year olds want
to use all that allowance money....

it is interesting to read the posts tho...
...and folks figuring if this is a 'message,' however unintended by the Stones themsevles, cept for mickey...
...there's that...
....regarding them not wanting to 'glut' the market with two products,
so some of us are angling that this release is directly related to
the new album not being released This year, 2019....
(i'm dating this for the next generation of IORR fans wondreing when ABB
is gonna get the followup after we're all too old to hear anything.
I guess BV's grandkids will be running the site.
we'll all be hanging with Brian, Stu, Nicky and Bobby.
and the massive stockpile of recordings will be released as they see fit
in the latter part of this Century.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 23:33 by hopkins.

Date: March 12, 2019 23:26

Also, I created a thread just for HONK! You can see it right below the stickies!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:29

Ian Billen
Mweh .. another greatest hits / major known songs compilation .. (how many can they possibly have? = borrrrrring). Anyway it is just another cashing in on this tour and to go along with The tour. Is nothing that is going to hinder the new album or push it back further. HONK Will be an under the radar (no pun) product that won't do much. Either way .. any compilation in April .. will have no impact on sales / downloads of the new album and it will not steal any thunder .. Besides ... the new record will come 6 months later. HONK isn't going to sell so hot anyway (watch and see) .. Nor does it carry any weight. It has no bearing or interference on a new studio album sometime if one is to come or planned to come in the fall. HONK is just some compilation .. It will not produce any bang or much publicity and it'll be waaaaaaay forgotten by fall.

I pretty much agree with all of that Ian, but there's still the possibility there will one or two new tunes on it (hope so), and if so it won't fall that far off the radar that quickly- especially if they're decent tunes that make waves on the radio, etc. And even if no new tunes, the sales will be great since they'll be on tour - every casual fan in attendance won't leave the show without a copy! Kind of a letdown for those of us waiting for a new album in it's entirety, while at the same time it will be good to have something new (if in fact there is something new)...anything new (hopefully). There's the risk though the songs will be duds, and if so they might rethink the entire new album again resulting in further delays. If the new tunes are good, maybe they'll release another compilation in two years with another one or two new tunes, and the same thing a couple of years later. By the year 2030, there will be enough to make up a new album - maybe even a double album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 23:32 by Hairball.

Date: March 12, 2019 23:36

okay then Hairball! 2030 it is.
smileys with beer

takes a lot of pressure off of them
and Me. good to know. ;-)
i'll be ok but a little worried about Ian.
i could listen to All Down The Line and Dance Little Sister all day
and not have an ish.

ok, now and again i'll need Rip This Joint or Between The Buttons.
I added Buttons just to frustrate other fans. hope it works.

Date: March 12, 2019 23:43

eye popping smiley Wait a second there hops
take your age now and then add the 11 years until we get to 2030.

um...

Date: March 12, 2019 23:43

Hairball
Ian Billen
Mweh .. another greatest hits / major known songs compilation .. (how many can they possibly have? = borrrrrring). Anyway it is just another cashing in on this tour and to go along with The tour. Is nothing that is going to hinder the new album or push it back further. HONK Will be an under the radar (no pun) product that won't do much. Either way .. any compilation in April .. will have no impact on sales / downloads of the new album and it will not steal any thunder .. Besides ... the new record will come 6 months later. HONK isn't going to sell so hot anyway (watch and see) .. Nor does it carry any weight. It has no bearing or interference on a new studio album sometime if one is to come or planned to come in the fall. HONK is just some compilation .. It will not produce any bang or much publicity and it'll be waaaaaaay forgotten by fall.

I pretty much agree with all of that Ian, but there's still the possibility there will one or two new tunes on it (hope so), and if so it won't fall that far off the radar that quickly- especially if they're decent tunes that make waves on the radio, etc. And even if no new tunes, the sales will be great since they'll be on tour - every casual fan in attendance won't leave the show without a copy! Kind of a letdown for those of us waiting for a new album in it's entirety, while at the same time it will be good to have something new (if in fact there is something new)...anything new (hopefully). There's the risk though the songs will be duds, and if so they might rethink the entire new album again resulting in further delays. If the new tunes are good, maybe they'll release another compilation in two years with another one or two new tunes, and the same thing a couple of years later. By the year 2030, there will be enough to make up a new album - maybe even a double album.

Now 2030? .. We went from 2017 ..to 2018 .. to 2019 .. to you hoping to get it around 2020-2021 (at best) .. now to 2030? Why stop .. let's call it 2050 for our future generation (but I get it.. you are funnin grinning smiley).

Another greatest hits is the most lame thing I know of. Seriously guys.. ANOTHER
rehash ...seriously? Another greatest hits thing .. really?? Lol smh.

It's a joke ..

It would be cooler if it was simply a tour ... no new product.. (being as the album isn't done) ..no nothing. Geeeeze ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 23:44 by IanBillen.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:50

Well, the 3rd CD of live music will be very good, I’m sure.
Is it vinyl only, the live release?
I have to buy a wrecka player?
A download in the offer maybe...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 12, 2019 23:55

retired_dog

...and the new live version of She's A Rainbow as a bonus track or one of the bonus tracks (maybe there's even more!) will help to sell more copies of Honk...

Oh my god, I need to have the album if that gem is included!>grinning smiley<

That would be a novel idea to get us die-hards to buy yet just another greatest hits collection - include some non-yet released live versions as extras (like there aren't enough of them already all kinds of formats full of nobody bothers listen to...)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 23:59 by Doxa.

Date: March 13, 2019 00:12

Doxa
retired_dog

Oh my god, I need to have the album if that gem is included!>grinning smiley<

That would be a novel idea to get us die-hards to buy yet just another greatest hits collection - include some non-yet released live versions as extras (like there aren't enough of them already all kinds of formats full of nobody bothers listen to...)

- Doxa

Haha.. just saw the actual song selection... with that extra live album...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: March 13, 2019 00:24

No new songs...GRRRR....and that deluxe live disc is almost more of a deterrent than an enticement.

Beast of Burden with Ed Sheeran...really?

Oh well...that's the way the ball bounces..... .....sigh.....

Date: March 13, 2019 01:09

Doxa
HONK? Sounds like a new compilation covering the hits from Promotone era. From the base of the FB ad it looks like a very ordinary type of collection. Just a few years back there was a similar collection called HOT STUFF that was promoted with the campaign of Dressmann. It costed about 5 Euros. But what is the 'limited edition' in that Italian (non-working) link that supposed to cost over 25€. It is 'limited' because they don't bother to press too many physical copies? Something only for 'completist collectors'? The rest, the targeted audience, will use spotify, etc.

Anyway, I guess for hit heavy artists like the Stones there always is an audience for all of these collections, and the record companies want to have some fresh-sounding new product to make a difference once in while, to take their piece of the easy cake. What I don't understand is why the die-hard fans make such a big fuss about them. "We don't need them". Of course, we don't, but unless we have some sort of completist obsession to buy everything this band offers, I don't see any problem there. Instead of condemning some just another hit collection targeted at casual fans, I would be more upset with the stuff they are offering for the die-hards. I don't really need any BRIDGES TO BREMEN type of just another similar concert DVD of just another similar modern times Rolling Stones concert. As a hardcore fan I supposed to be excited of stuff like that, but, sorry, I am not. 'You can keep the money, pal'.

The only problem I have with this mysterius HONK project is that if there something non-released stuff involved. Like in FORTY LICKS and GRRRR.. the albums I was 'forced' to buygrinning smiley... They surely have stuff in the can for that but if they use that card now to help boosting the sales of some just another greatest hits package, what would that signal in regard to the on-going new album project?

My guess - and hope - is that this HONK is a rather low-profile product just to have something to go by with the new tour or something. Just collect some easy money to keep UMG satisfied. No new stuff. UMG will surely make a helluva, hyped career-covering best ever, most definitive greatest hits package/box and whatever when they reach 60, another huge Anniversary, but before that I am sure we will have one album of originals.

- Doxa

I don't like quoting myself, but I am glad that my initial impressions and quesses were quite accurate.

This HONK is nothing but an UMG's updated version of 'Promotone era greatest hits' (it's been over 25 yaers since the latest, JUMP BACK, an update version of REWIND, which as an update version of MADE IN THE SHADE). The cake is iced with an extra live album for diehards. Their money is as any good as anyone's. Releasing these kind of 'flavor of the month' hit collections is a part of the deal the legacy artists like the Stones negotiate with their record companies. Easy money for anyone involved. No any artistic statements, but safe and sure sellers to keep some of their career highlights under spotlight for some time. Especially available and promoted now as they tour America soon (otherwise it would've been a Xmas relaese, but we might have something different for that one...). These kind of greatest hits collections come and go (except HOT ROCKS).

But good news that this new product is totally independent of the new album. They didn't waste any bullets from that project to this secondary-level release. Thank god. Like we no longer need in this thread either.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-13 01:19 by Doxa.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 13, 2019 01:11

I've been told about a new compilation about a year ago, all their previous compilations are all out of print, including Jump Back and Grrr, so this one is taking over. It's aimed for the US market, if we look at the Billboard 200 chart, about half of it are greatest hits compilations, including Hot Rocks at #183 this week, only one week away from the 300 weeks on chart.

The americans could care less about a new Rolling Stones album (or new stuff for any act over 45-50 years old), all they want is the Hot Rocks songs and a good t-shirt design to go on concerts. For even older fans, the physical target, you get 5 different overpriced versions of compilations and archive releases and they want all of them.

The duets live album was on plans too during 2014-2015 but it was shelved due to contractual problems with some of the guests (Taylor Swift, Kate Perry), it looks like some of it will be released now.

The new album won't be ready until next year, we migh get a new song live during the tour but I won't bet on it.

Sadly a new album is not their top priority, it will be ready eventually, but no one except die hard fans are losing any sleep about it.

Keep your expectations low.

Date: March 13, 2019 01:12

“The duets live album was on plans too during 2014-2015 but it was shelved due to contractual problems with some of the guests (Taylor Swift, Kate Perry), it looks like some of it will be released now.”

Noooooooooooooooo.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 13, 2019 01:14

thanks for info, georgelicks. mine could not be lower smiling smiley

Date: March 13, 2019 01:16

Do we know (Besides ‘She’s A Rainbow’)
Which live cuts were selected to go with the previous studio recorded hits?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 13, 2019 01:19

35love

Live Record (deluxe edition only):

Get Off of My Cloud
Dancing With Mr D
Beast of Burden (with Ed Sheeran)
She's a Rainbow
Wild Horses (with Florence Welch)
Let's Spend the Night Together
Dead Flowers (with Brad Paisley)
Shine a Light
Under My Thumb
Bitch (with Dave Grohl)

Date: March 13, 2019 01:22

35love
Side A

Get Off of My Cloud
Dancing With Mr D
She's a Rainbow

Side B:

Shine a Light
Under My Thumb
Bitch (with Dave Grohl)

Date: March 13, 2019 01:22

retired_dog
35love

Live Record (deluxe edition only):

Get Off of My Cloud
Dancing With Mr D
She's a Rainbow
Shine a Light
Under My Thumb
Bitch (with Dave Grohl)

*Thank you, I can see clearly now. Appreciate everyone.

Date: March 13, 2019 01:34

Do we know when the official announcement will come? We still have not officially gotten the "K" yet!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 13, 2019 01:36

CJFP
Do we know when the official announcement will come? We still have not officially gotten the "K" yet!

I heard it could be announced this Thursday.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: March 13, 2019 03:08

"H" to make Hamrick think it's for her?

Date: March 13, 2019 03:14

Hey, I haven't heard anything from Rocky in a while.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 13, 2019 03:54

chatoyancy
"H" to make Hamrick think it's for her?
the honk of a swan?

Date: March 13, 2019 04:13

georgelicks
I've been told about a new compilation about a year ago, all their previous compilations are all out of print, including Jump Back and Grrr, so this one is taking over. It's aimed for the US market, if we look at the Billboard 200 chart, about half of it are greatest hits compilations, including Hot Rocks at #183 this week, only one week away from the 300 weeks on chart.

The americans could care less about a new Rolling Stones album (or new stuff for any act over 45-50 years old), all they want is the Hot Rocks songs and a good t-shirt design to go on concerts. For even older fans, the physical target, you get 5 different overpriced versions of compilations and archive releases and they want all of them.

The duets live album was on plans too during 2014-2015 but it was shelved due to contractual problems with some of the guests (Taylor Swift, Kate Perry), it looks like some of it will be released now.

The new album won't be ready until next year, we migh get a new song live during the tour but I won't bet on it.

Sadly a new album is not their top priority, it will be ready eventually, but no one except die hard fans are losing any sleep about it.

This is just 'sad', really. Not sad as in depressing but really sad in that they have like absolutely no care about the new album. What kind of attitude is this?

2020???? Really?? 15 years to get out a new album? 4-5 years in working on a record? Still instead the focus is now on another greatest hits thing? Why don't they just set up residency in Las Vegas and play at the Casino's .. ..... That is all they have become .. a Vegas act at this point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-13 04:15 by IanBillen.

Date: March 13, 2019 04:46

IanBillen
georgelicks

This is just 'sad', really. Not sad as in depressing but really sad in that they have like absolutely no care about the new album. What kind of attitude is this?

2020???? Really?? 15 years to get out a new album? 4-5 years in working on a record? Still instead the focus is now on another greatest hits thing? Why don't they just set up residency in Las Vegas and play at the Casino's .. .....
That is all they have become .. a Vegas act at this point.

It's been that way for quite some time Ian!
Yes it's sad, and it seems the well has run dry. They have nothing left in the tank to offer, which is one of the reasons for another greatest hits (and because others are out of print).
BUT...georgelicks did say there's a possibility of a new tune live, albeit the chances are slim.

If not, I can hear Mick now...

"Here's a tune from our newest release HONK called It's Only Rock'N'Roll, and it's available for purchase at the merch stands"!!!

eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...314315316317318319320321322323324...LastNext
Current Page: 319 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home