Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: November 8, 2016 07:40

That roughing the kicker non-call was a tough break for the Bills.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 8, 2016 10:39

Socrates1

i don't know what Sherman was thinking of. & obviously i'm a Hawks fan. i was expecting a low scoring slug fest. pretty good & entertaining game. i did like when Sherman & Rex got in each others faces.

Date: November 8, 2016 16:39

Socrates1

yup and the refs cost them 5 more yards by not even stepping away from the ball until there was 6 seconds left on the playclock.

cheap crying baby richard sherman trying to hurt people and complaining about the refs.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 8, 2016 17:01

Richard Sherman is a hack. He needs to get taken out.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 8, 2016 17:28

So...Belichick and that letter, eh?

Talk about a disappointment. I mean, really, as a Pats fan, it's a gut punch to me. I thought he was smarter than that.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 8, 2016 17:36

keefriff99

Talk about a disappointment. I mean, really, as a Pats fan, it's a gut punch to me. I thought he was smarter than that.

What now?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: November 8, 2016 17:41

mr_dja
keefriff99

What now?

Peace,
Mr DJA
Supposedly Belichick wrote a letter of support to Donald Trump, and the idiot read it onstage last night. He also claimed that Brady voted for him.

Date: November 8, 2016 17:50

GasLightStreet

my thoughts from another forum

cheap dirty play by sherman. then the refs make the wrong call and don't give the bills 15 yards. then the refs screw up makes the bills kicker have to leave the field. then after a spike the refs don't even move away from the ball until about 6 seconds left on the play clock and ended up costing the bills 5 yards for delay of game. this game should have gone to overtime as the bills could have kicked a FG at the end. shernan is dirty. should have been ejected which also makes a difference in the 2nd half.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 8, 2016 18:00

keefriff99
mr_dja
keefriff99

What now?

Peace,
Mr DJA
Supposedly Belichick wrote a letter of support to Donald Trump, and the idiot read it onstage last night. He also claimed that Brady voted for him.

Ah-ha... Gotcha...

With respect to bv's wishes I won't comment any more than to say that I'm glad in my "fandom" of organizations (teams, schools, bands, businesses) I'm glad that I can separate my feelings of support/distain for the organization and the individuals that make up said organization from each other.

Back to getting anxious over the Steelers/Cowboys upcoming game. GO STEELERS!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 8, 2016 18:08

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

cheap dirty play by sherman. then the refs make the wrong call and don't give the bills 15 yards. then the refs screw up makes the bills kicker have to leave the field. then after a spike the refs don't even move away from the ball until about 6 seconds left on the play clock and ended up costing the bills 5 yards for delay of game. this game should have gone to overtime as the bills could have kicked a FG at the end. shernan is dirty. should have been ejected which also makes a difference in the 2nd half.

My thoughts are the same as yours.

Date: November 8, 2016 18:15

mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja
keefriff99

What now?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Ah-ha... Gotcha...

With respect to bv's wishes I won't comment any more than to say that I'm glad in my "fandom" of organizations (teams, schools, bands, businesses) I'm glad that I can separate my feelings of support/distain for the organization and the individuals that make up said organization from each other.

Back to getting anxious over the Steelers/Cowboys upcoming game. GO STEELERS!

Peace,
Mr DJA
Yeah, I won't go beyond that in terms of the politics to avoid bv's anger. You can tell how I feel about that though, LOL

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 8, 2016 18:17

you guys just can't help it can you.

Date: November 8, 2016 18:22

Natlanta
you guys just can't help it can you.
It's a big football story. I'm not going to say anything more about it.

Date: November 8, 2016 18:58

More Hot Rocks
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

My thoughts are the same as yours.

the part i don't get is the refs and the play clock game delay. clearly they can count in their head and see they had only moved away from the ball 4-5 seconds max before the clock expired. people keep saying the whistle blew AFTER sherman hit the kicker. i heard several before that

Date: November 8, 2016 19:00

i forgot to mention this cheap shot by sherman at the end of the game

Here's why Richard Sherman wasn't flagged for contact on Bills' last play
[www.cbssports.com]

to add to this. it was still a cheap shot on that play by sherman. yes it was legal but it was cheap. sherman can do that because once the QB leaves the pocket a WR can be out blocking for the QB to run. thats why it is legal. on that play however the QB was on the opposite side of the field and the WR was still running his route with no clue taylor was out of the pocket on the far side. so then sherman levels the WR just because he's sherman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-08 19:00 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: November 9, 2016 03:36

Completely uncalled for. Hopefully someone cleans his clock and he retires.

Date: November 9, 2016 04:38

GasLightStreet
Completely uncalled for. Hopefully someone cleans his clock and he retires.

people keep saying any coach would have had someone do that as its legal. Again I don't care its legal. Its not legal for the reason Sherman did that. Its legal to help keep a defender from not being able to tackle a running QB. Whoever that WR was had no clue at all that taylor was out of the pocket. Sherman was watching the QB and knew it and then levels the WR. He might as well have just punched the WR for all I care. If sherman is the greatest CB like he acts then no reason to do that

Date: November 9, 2016 10:47

I'm not into busting up unions, but I think a bunch of scab refs might call some of these games better. Weird NFL season for refs. Should the refs be fined for bad/missed calls?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-09 11:34 by Socrates1.

Date: November 9, 2016 11:54

why i don't always agree with what he says or does, sherman is a very smart guy. stanford isn't your typical football mill masquerading as a school. he has clearly read & understands all of the rules. the underlying problem is the rule book. something needs to be done about it before they kill the game. mark cuban saw this coming a few years ago & said (paraphrasing) pigs that get fat get slaughtered. i luv football but we are definitely seeing a decline in the game. the sherman incidents are just a symptom not the infection. they need to simplify the rules & perhaps make the refs full time employees so that the calls are uniform. the concept of game planning based on who's on the ref crew is abhorrent to me. until then though, as a seahawks fan: just win baby!

Date: November 13, 2016 12:48

after a wild day on the college front, here we go with the big boys. i'm hoping richard sherman gets under tom brady's skin again. most of all hope the game is good. sunday night football could definitely use a shot in the arm. you mad bro?

Date: November 13, 2016 13:20

well the last big time game they played was the superbowl and the pats came out on top. I'm torn on this game. the pats are beatable and I still think they'll be upset in the playoffs. the seahawks though should have at least 4 losses right now though so at some point the luck will give out

Date: November 13, 2016 16:47

Seahawks will lose. And hopefully Sherman gets stomped right out of the league.

Date: November 14, 2016 00:38

GasLightStreet

nice choke by the Aints. you mad bro?>grinning smiley<

Date: November 14, 2016 08:18

F*ck off Seahawks!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 14, 2016 10:18

I don't live in either of these cities but I'm usually hoping either Seattle or the Patriots kick ass. When they play against each other I can't even pick, well maybe i'm a bit more NE, but what a competitive game. That Seattle defense stand there at the 1. Wow. I mean Patriots had every prime chance, or two. Seattle deserves that win and it wasn't even Wilson in the end that really saved the day. Impressive. Will these two play each other again this year in the playoffs? Wow they beat Brady at home by stopping him close to goal line, with multiple throws and short yardage to go? 7 and 2 is still wonderful but this one's gotta hurt.

Date: November 14, 2016 11:16

Socrates1
F*ck off Seahawks!

you mad bro? hot smiley

Date: November 14, 2016 11:16

hopkins
I don't live in either of these cities but I'm usually hoping either Seattle or the Patriots kick ass. When they play against each other I can't even pick, well maybe i'm a bit more NE, but what a competitive game. That Seattle defense stand there at the 1. Wow. I mean Patriots had every prime chance, or two. Seattle deserves that win and it wasn't even Wilson in the end that really saved the day. Impressive. Will these two play each other again this year in the playoffs? Wow they beat Brady at home by stopping him close to goal line, with multiple throws and short yardage to go? 7 and 2 is still wonderful but this one's gotta hurt.
thumbs up

Date: November 14, 2016 15:01

patriots blew that so thats on them but again no call at the end of a game for the seahawks.

Date: November 14, 2016 16:53

hopkins
Well, they're in different conferences, so the only way they'd meet in the postseason is in the Superbowl...and based on their play, it's a possibility.

Date: November 14, 2016 17:04

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

nice choke by the Aints. you mad bro?>grinning smiley<

The league has a gazillion cameras... yet managed to not get the dude stepping out of bounds right. Wouldn't call that a choke.

Seahawks got lucky.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2413
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home