Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Date: September 16, 2016 20:13

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
More Hot Rocks
Rex Ryan and his bother are a joke.....
No kidding...I hope they both get canned.

As a Pats fan though, this is quite amusing. It's just a shame one of them had to win.

jets are going to beat the pats at least one time this year
That doesn't change the dynamics of the AFC East, and never has, except for 2011.

you must have missed last year. the giants dropped a game winning INT against the pats. they would have made the pats end 11-5. the jets twice blew chances in the 4th quarter to beat the bills. that would have made the jets end 11-5 as well

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 17, 2016 01:56

keefriffhard4life
More Hot Rocks
keefriffhard4life
More Hot Rocks

yeah missing 4-5 starters had nothing to do with the bills looking like that and still almost winning the game. geez

they missed one starter on defense. It was their vets and play calling that blew it. Didn't you see it?

yes i watched the entire thing and this morning espn was saying they were missing 2 offensive starters and 3 defensive starters and sammy watkins was limited with an injury and they still almost won

Thats not true. All O starters were there excecpt for Glenn. Darius was missing on the D side. Its Ryan and his cast of jokers. He just got rid of his offensive coordinator. He should fire his self. This guy is clueless.

Date: September 17, 2016 03:51

More Hot Rocks
keefriffhard4life
More Hot Rocks
keefriffhard4life
More Hot Rocks

yeah missing 4-5 starters had nothing to do with the bills looking like that and still almost winning the game. geez

they missed one starter on defense. It was their vets and play calling that blew it. Didn't you see it?

yes i watched the entire thing and this morning espn was saying they were missing 2 offensive starters and 3 defensive starters and sammy watkins was limited with an injury and they still almost won

Thats not true. All O starters were there excecpt for Glenn. Darius was missing on the D side. Its Ryan and his cast of jokers. He just got rid of his offensive coordinator. He should fire his self. This guy is clueless.

the bills were also at least missing their first round draft pick from this year. also sammy watkins was limited

Date: September 17, 2016 04:45

btw, looking at the teams roster who is glen and who is darius? don't see those names on the roster first or last. the teams first and second round draft picks are out hurt . you'd think they were going to be starters

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 17, 2016 08:58

I'm liking that the Seahawks play NYJ & the Bills. Most likely, 2 wins there. We'll probably lose to NE in Foxboro unless Brady starts acting his age. Having Brady out the 1st 4 games might be a good thing for NE. In theory, he'll be fresher for the playoffs. I'm pulling for a rematch of SB49 in February. Even though it didn't turn out well for Seattle, that was still 1 of the all time great Super Bowls.

Date: September 17, 2016 09:47

crholmstrom
I'm liking that the Seahawks play NYJ & the Bills. Most likely, 2 wins there. We'll probably lose to NE in Foxboro unless Brady starts acting his age. Having Brady out the 1st 4 games might be a good thing for NE. In theory, he'll be fresher for the playoffs. I'm pulling for a rematch of SB49 in February. Even though it didn't turn out well for Seattle, that was still 1 of the all time great Super Bowls.

you are thinking seattles offense will look better when they go to new York to play the jets? miamis defense isn't as good as the jets and they made seattle look pretty bad on offense

Date: September 17, 2016 12:01

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

you are thinking seattles offense will look better when they go to new York to play the jets? miamis defense isn't as good as the jets and they made seattle look pretty bad on offense

1st game jitters. i was at the miami game & the final seahawk scoring drive was a thing of beauty. thomas rawls & jimmy graham played a little & contributed. both coming back from serious injuries. the seahawks are playing it smart & bringing them back slowly. i think rawls is a little ahead of graham & is going to start the game sunday. he only played a couple of downs in the preseason & graham none. when rawls was healthy last year, he led the league in yards per carry. + the hawks defense is looking stellar again. its early in the season & the seahawks got lucky in that they are playing sort of lesser opponents (sorry) the first 5 games. the first real test is arizona week 7. they have time to work out the issues. the feeling around the team is similar to the super bowl years. very little drama & the team seems very focussed. i have a good feeling & not just because they are my team. btw, my fave afc team (from when i was a kid, pre-seahawks) is the raiders. another team with seemingly a good vibe. i don't know if they are going to make the super bowl but i think they are a playoff team. nice to see them back. i'm excited about the prospect of a las vegas raiders. its too perfect. i will definitely make a pilgrimage to see them play there if it happens.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 17, 2016 16:36

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
More Hot Rocks
No kidding...I hope they both get canned.

As a Pats fan though, this is quite amusing. It's just a shame one of them had to win.

jets are going to beat the pats at least one time this year
That doesn't change the dynamics of the AFC East, and never has, except for 2011.

you must have missed last year. the giants dropped a game winning INT against the pats. they would have made the pats end 11-5. the jets twice blew chances in the 4th quarter to beat the bills. that would have made the jets end 11-5 as well
Well sure, if the Jets beat the Pats in the regular season, and that causes them to lose home field advantage in the playoffs, that could ultimately impact their season (just like their final game loss to Miami factored into them getting stomped by the Broncos in Denver).

I'm simply saying that calling the Pats/Jets a "rivalry" is laughable in the Brady/Belichick era.

Date: September 17, 2016 17:16

I have to vent again about the Bills.

Rex Ryan the so called "defensive mastermind" had one of the worst defensive showing against the Jets. Fitzpatrick looked like Brady

What does he do the next day? He fires his offensive coordinator.

maybe I'm missing something......

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 17, 2016 17:22

The most important game this week is the SF- Carolina game. The configuration of future standings will depend on this game.

Will the Dolphins despite a great effort against Seattle, show up at N.E.? In other words, this game is more about the Dolphins than the Pats.

Great College game today FSU at Louisville (12:00 ABC or ESPN). The Cards have a one special QB in Lamar Jackson. He is off the charts - if his last two games were for real.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 17, 2016 17:34

Chris Fountain
The most important game this week is the SF- Carolina game. The configuration of future standings will depend on this game.

You need to admit that the second part of that statement is a bit much - all games determine configurations that determine future standings!

Date: September 17, 2016 17:35

More Hot Rocks
I have to vent again about the Bills.

Rex Ryan the so called "defensive mastermind" had one of the worst defensive showing against the Jets. Fitzpatrick looked like Brady

What does he do the next day? He fires his offensive coordinator.

maybe I'm missing something......
The guy is mentally erratic. I don't understand the fascination with this underachieving loudmouth.

Date: September 17, 2016 17:45

GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain

You need to admit that the second part of that statement is a bit much - all games determine configurations that determine future standings!

Agreed - a stretch of the Crystal Ball. However, this game will indicate if Carolina's OL is competent. Also, This year the NFL South should be more competitive with the emergence of a maturing J Winston (Bucs).

A must win for the Carolina - Favored by 13 -1/2? The Panthers seem somewhat tight to cover such a spread.

Date: September 19, 2016 02:53

Seahawks were horrible today. I'm gonna go jump off a bridge. Oh wait, going to Tears for Fears concert....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 19, 2016 02:56

Saints... good grief. The D showed up, for the most part, but the offense took until the end of the game to show any life.

Onward to 4-12!

Date: September 19, 2016 03:20

crholmstrom
Seahawks were horrible today. I'm gonna go jump off a bridge. Oh wait, going to Tears for Fears concert....
Absolutely brutal. Against the RAMS of all teams too.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 19, 2016 03:23

Ain't no sports fan. Me sister is and she's happy today. The Ravens came from behind to win. Go Ravens.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 04:44

How do people even root for The Browns? I'm sorry to everyone in Cleveland for saying that. But damn.

Date: September 19, 2016 14:55

The Panthers are completely different when they have Benjamin and Whitaker in the game. Nice win over the scrappy Niners.

I'm not sure what is wrong with the Hawks. Defense seems ok they played well against the Dolphins last week- - Maybe the OL or tactics? I didn't see their game against the Rams.

Date: September 19, 2016 16:16

Chris Fountain
The Panthers are completely different when they have Benjamin and Whitaker in the game. Nice win over the scrappy Niners.

I'm not sure what is wrong with the Hawks. Defense seems ok they played well against the Dolphins last week- - Maybe the OL or tactics? I didn't see their game against the Rams.

You should be thankful you didn't see it...

Date: September 19, 2016 18:11

Socrates1
How do people even root for The Browns? I'm sorry to everyone in Cleveland for saying that. But damn.

Passion. Thats a sign of a true fan. Not someone that's jumps on and off the bandwagon. Look at Buffalo. Every game is always sold out. That's a true fan.

Date: September 19, 2016 20:17

crholmstrom

i had a feeling its not 1st game jitters. the oline is terrible

Date: September 19, 2016 22:28

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

i had a feeling its not 1st game jitters. the oline is terrible

i'm going next weekend. hopefully there will be improvement. tears for fears were ok but i would've traded that show for a win!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 22:30

More Hot Rocks
Socrates1

Passion. Thats a sign of a true fan. Not someone that's jumps on and off the bandwagon. Look at Buffalo. Every game is always sold out. That's a true fan.

Exactly! I'm not a huge baseball fan but my favorite team is the Cubs. Perhaps this is finally their year! Just like the Toronto Maple Leafs have loyal fans all across Canada even though they haven't won the Stanley Cup in almost 50 years. When they come to Vancouver, you see a lot of Leafs jerseys in the crowd.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 20, 2016 00:27

Giants are 2 and 0...I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: September 20, 2016 02:22

I'm starting to think the nfl players should remove the pads and helmets since all they do is play flag football anyway. (at least in Detroit they do)

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: September 20, 2016 02:28

If Gene Simmons was in the Rolling Stones band they would have a stones Tongue logo football Helmet for sell I'm sure. Probably all white with red tongue?

Date: September 20, 2016 06:13

DGA35
More Hot Rocks
Socrates1

Exactly! I'm not a huge baseball fan but my favorite team is the Cubs. Perhaps this is finally their year! Just like the Toronto Maple Leafs have loyal fans all across Canada even though they haven't won the Stanley Cup in almost 50 years. When they come to Vancouver, you see a lot of Leafs jerseys in the

crowd.

I know what you guys are saying. I was being unkind. I already apologized to everyone in Cleveland. I probably owe an apology to the parents of Rex and Buddy Ryan, too, for what I said on this thread. I'm sorry, Ryans. Comedy isn't easy.

Has anyone else noticed Pete Carroll running out onto the field, like three times a game now?

Date: September 20, 2016 07:17

Jokes on the internet can be funny as long as they're not about you. I get this way about sports. I throw everybody under the bus if they're not from New England. Look at Tom Brady making fun of people from Buffalo... that's the kind of stuff I've done before.

We happen to still be in the midst of the greatest football dynasty of all time. So everybody from New England gets to think they're really great right now. We definitely have TB to thank for our shared feelings of greatness. I just wish TB would have never been associated with 'that hat.' I guess I can't let it go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-20 07:18 by Socrates1.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 20, 2016 16:14

Socrates1
Jokes on the internet can be funny as long as they're not about you. I get this way about sports. I throw everybody under the bus if they're not from New England. Look at Tom Brady making fun of people from Buffalo... that's the kind of stuff I've done before.

We happen to still be in the midst of the greatest football dynasty of all time. So everybody from New England gets to think they're really great right now. We definitely have TB to thank for our shared feelings of greatness. I just wish TB would have never been associated with 'that hat.' I guess I can't let it go.

"The Hat" can become irrelevant if you limit your fandom to the player as opposed to the person. Believe me, I've had to go through some pretty dark "fan days" as a lifelong Steelers fan when some of the news about Ben Roethlisberger's off season activities were reported.

Come next January, for all their collective failings, I still hope to be rooting for the Steelers to extend their lead on the number of Super Bowls won by winning SB "LI"! Short of that, I'll end up sitting next to my Mom (and possibly you!) on the Pats bandwagon - they're my second favorite team but I don't start rooting for them until the Steelers get eliminated. By that time "the hat" will be irrelevant anyway.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home