Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 27, 2016 23:29

She should join this forum!!

Date: September 28, 2016 02:45

GasLightStreet
Munichhilton
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
jets,panthers, steelers and arizona stunk it up. just terrible. these are all potential playoff teams. weird football weekend
Extremely weird. Can't believe how many whacked out scores there ended up being.

these weren't even close games that ended on the final possession. these were meltdowns by what were suppose to be 4 great/good teams this year with 3 of them having high superbowl odds.

good thing the 49ers are always around to help get teams back on track lol

That's just mean spirited...

It's hilariously accurate. Can throw the Saints in there now. The way they've been going it's not hard to believe they're as bad as Cleveland, Jacksonville and Chicago. The Payton/Brees era of being good was buried last night. They had their run of being pretty good (2009-2013) but the GM has made way too many bad choices - like signing Jimmy Graham to a huge contract instead of trading him - and then trading him later; signing Brandon Browner - possibly the biggest loser in the league; they got rid of Sproles and a handful of other good players.

Although there are 13 games left and the NFC South is terrible it's probably safe to say the Saints have been eliminated from the 2017 playoffs with an 0-3 start.

i think they said last night from 2012-prsent the saints are #1 in total offense but also #1 in amount of yards allowed by other teams

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 28, 2016 04:42

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
Munichhilton
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
jets,panthers, steelers and arizona stunk it up. just terrible. these are all potential playoff teams. weird football weekend
Extremely weird. Can't believe how many whacked out scores there ended up being.

these weren't even close games that ended on the final possession. these were meltdowns by what were suppose to be 4 great/good teams this year with 3 of them having high superbowl odds.

It's hilariously accurate. Can throw the Saints in there now. The way they've been going it's not hard to believe they're as bad as Cleveland, Jacksonville and Chicago. The Payton/Brees era of being good was buried last night. They had their run of being pretty good (2009-2013) but the GM has made way too many bad choices - like signing Jimmy Graham to a huge contract instead of trading him - and then trading him later; signing Brandon Browner - possibly the biggest loser in the league; they got rid of Sproles and a handful of other good players.

Although there are 13 games left and the NFC South is terrible it's probably safe to say the Saints have been eliminated from the 2017 playoffs with an 0-3 start.

i think they said last night from 2012-prsent the saints are #1 in total offense but also #1 in amount of yards allowed by other teams

That's just mean spirited (as well)...

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: October 1, 2016 01:38

According to Terrelle Pryor, all the Browns need to do is win the rest of their games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-01 04:33 by Socrates1.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 1, 2016 13:09

Slightly off topic but did anyone watch the University of Washington absolutely destroy Stanford last night? Think its time for folks to start paying attention to the Huskies. This may be the beginning of a real long run of being contenders. They made an incredibly good hire 3 years ago when they got Chris Pederson from Boise State. Great coach & building the program the right way. His track record is really impressive & he was ready to move up to a big school. Not the hugest college ball fan but I'm enjoying watching this story.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 1, 2016 18:01

Munichhilton
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
Munichhilton
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

Just so long as it's not "offensive" because someone being OFFENDED is such a travesty these days. Millennials and millennial thinking. "Oh that's offensive! I'm OFFENDED!"

Then get off mom's couch.

Brees, through 3 losses this season so far, leads the league in yardage (1062) and tied with most TDs (8).

Date: October 1, 2016 18:02

Socrates1
According to Terrelle Pryor, all the Browns need to do is win the rest of their games.

Jim Mora said the same thing about the Saints. "There's 13 games left!" he whined.

Saints eliminated from the 2017 playoffs on Monday night. It's as simple as that.

Date: October 1, 2016 19:24

GasLightStreet
Munichhilton
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
Munichhilton
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

Just so long as it's not "offensive" because someone being OFFENDED is such a travesty these days. Millennials and millennial thinking. "Oh that's offensive! I'm OFFENDED!"

Then get off mom's couch.

Brees, through 3 losses this season so far, leads the league in yardage (1062) and tied with most TDs (8).

i have a saying at work that ties in: less hypersensitive, more competentgrinning smiley

Date: October 2, 2016 12:38

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly, I have to work today & will have to watch via DVR.

Date: October 2, 2016 22:52

I'd just like to congratulate Rex and Dusty Ryan on a well coached game.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 2, 2016 23:02

Socrates1
I'd just like to congratulate Rex and Dusty Ryan on a well coached game.

I second that

Date: October 2, 2016 23:08

That was messed up. Brissett has an injured thumb on his throwing hand. He overthrew Edelman a couple times. Had they converted it would have been for major yardage. Blunt dropped that TD pass. Weird game. Maybe it's better that they lose one now. Where's Brady? I guess we need you. grinning smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 3, 2016 00:47

Socrates1
That was messed up. Brissett has an injured thumb on his throwing hand. He overthrew Edelman a couple times. Had they converted it would have been for major yardage. Blunt dropped that TD pass. Weird game. Maybe it's better that they lose one now. Where's Brady? I guess we need you. grinning smiley
Eh, can't win them all. 3-1 is a GREAT place to be in for Brady to return.

Congrats to the insufferable Rex Ryan. Seems like he's obsessed with Belichick's success, but he did a great job today.

Date: October 3, 2016 01:37

I don't know why the Pats didn't do more of the run option stuff with Brissett. That worked the first time against the Texans. The Pats were running the QB option like they were a college football team -- to great success. All that went away against the Bills. Why? I guess the thinking would be: Rex and Bro were preparing for that? So you drop a successful formula because you think the other team will be ready for a run game? Today everything came down to a couple of completions Brissett was supposed to make with a hurt thumb on his throwing hand? The Pats were a few receptions away from making this a game. Why didn't they establish a run game early? Too many questions. Weirdness.

It's just weird when the Patriots lose. Which is usually great. But today it sucks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-03 02:33 by Socrates1.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 3, 2016 02:39

Love my SEAHAWKS!!

Date: October 3, 2016 02:43

LeGarrette Blount is awesome. I'm not blaming him. I'm just saying, that one missed catch, then the two over-throws to Edelman... That was the whole game.

Edit: Of course it wouldn't have been the whole game if they had been running the football. Ok, I'm over it now. 3-1 is a good record. Probably the Pats are still the best in the AFC, along with the Broncos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-03 03:24 by Socrates1.

Date: October 3, 2016 06:39

tons of good teams just looking bad today. KC, jets, Arizona, panthers. I think its safe to say the jets and probably Arizona and the panthers need a miracle to make the playoffs.

I also knew the jets should have saved the 12 million on Fitzpatrick and spent it elsewhere and just lets geno smith give it a go

Date: October 3, 2016 10:38

keefriffhard4life
tons of good teams just looking bad today. KC, jets, Arizona, panthers. I think its safe to say the jets and probably Arizona and the panthers need a miracle to make the playoffs.

I also knew the jets should have saved the 12 million on Fitzpatrick and spent it elsewhere and just lets geno smith give it a go

At least the Jets were smart enough not to sign Fitzpatrick to a long term deal. The Seahawks absolutely destroyed them. How about Jimmy Graham? The last 2 weeks have been stellar. & Russell Wilson playing a near perfect game whilst injured. Lookout league, the Hawks are back. Normally I would hate the early bye week but its working out well next year. I heard an interview with Richard Sherman & he is waiting for Julio Jones in 2 weeks. GO HAWKS!

Date: October 3, 2016 12:36

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

At least the Jets were smart enough not to sign Fitzpatrick to a long term deal. The Seahawks absolutely destroyed them. How about Jimmy Graham? The last 2 weeks have been stellar. & Russell Wilson playing a near perfect game whilst injured. Lookout league, the Hawks are back. Normally I would hate the early bye week but its working out well next year. I heard an interview with Richard Sherman & he is waiting for Julio Jones in 2 weeks. GO HAWKS!

yes but what do the jets do after this season at the QB spot?

Date: October 3, 2016 14:40

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

they should have a pretty high draft pick if yesterday was any indication... winking smiley

Date: October 3, 2016 14:58

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

they should have a pretty high draft pick if yesterday was any indication... winking smiley

they'll win 6-8 games so maybe #10 at best

Date: October 3, 2016 18:16

The Saints were awful. The win by one point doesn't say anything. There's no secondary. Had Rivers kept throwing between 20 and 40 yards the Chargers could've scored 9 or 10 touchdowns.

Atlanta... that blows my mind. And that dork of a QB is now ahead of Brees. So much wrong in the world.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: October 3, 2016 20:34

My Cowboys are looking good, might be time for Romo to ride off in the sunset like Aikmen, Smith and Irvin did....

Date: October 4, 2016 04:52

They are. How do you not throw an interception by now? That's radical.

Date: October 4, 2016 05:05

Honestly, I had a bad feeling about the Bills game before it started. But I wasn't gonna say that on the internet. Now that they've lost, I guess I'll just speak freely: I have a weird feeling about the upcoming Browns game with Tom Terrific. That's what Michael Irvin calls him. Do we know what the Browns are capable of? They have to win one eventually, right?

Date: October 4, 2016 05:08

The Giants can't get anything going against the Vikings. Looks like both my teams are going to be steamrolled this week.

Date: October 4, 2016 05:08

Socrates1
Honestly, I had a bad feeling about the Bills game before it started. But I wasn't gonna say that on the internet. Now that they've lost, I guess I'll just speak freely: I have a weird feeling about the upcoming Browns game with Tom Terrific. That's what Michael Irvin calls him. Do we know what the Browns are capable of? They have to win one eventually, right?
I hate to say it, but ANYTHING is possible when you're dealing with a 39 year old quarterback. Pats fans have to be prepared for the bottom to fall out at any time at his age.

Date: October 4, 2016 05:10

I don't know if he's going to make it through this season as a working QB. Guys are hitting really hard on the playing field this year.

Date: October 4, 2016 05:11

keefriff99
The Giants can't get anything going against the Vikings. Looks like both my teams are going to be steamrolled this week.

Vikings have the momentum.

Date: October 4, 2016 05:12

Socrates1
I don't know if he's going to make it through this season as a working QB. Guys are hitting really hard on the playing field this year.
Not only that, but just age-related degradation of his skills. Look at how quickly Manning deteriorated. Granted, he had that horrible game against the Rams a couple of years ago which seemed to accelerate his decline.

I don't THINK it's going to happen to Brady this year, but you never know. I'm genuinely nervous about how he's going to look against the Browns.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1639
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home