Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 11, 2016 18:06

I think the Cleveland at Philly game is interesting as well- Let's see how a helthy Duke Johnson performs-

Date: September 12, 2016 00:04

wow never thought it was the jets kicking that would be an issue. a missed extra point and a missed FG and they jets lose by 1 point. leaving 4 points on the field became a disaster and the jets schedule just gets harder.

Date: September 12, 2016 04:03

only week 1 so no big deal but 2 things

1 the jets need to win 3 of the next 5 games and its a rough schedule

2 the seahawks offense looks terrible without lynch and miami doesn't have a great defense

3 never think a game is over until the end

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 12, 2016 12:47

Heart attack city @ Century Link Field yesterday. Turned out well though especially when combined with the Arizona loss. Turns out Russell Wilson played part of the game with a badly sprained ankle. Don't know the details yet. 1 very cool thing happened at the game. I was wearing my Earl Thomas jersey & an older gentleman grabbed my arm as I walked by. He said he wanted to get a picture with me in his son's jersey. He was wearing an Earl Super Bowl jersey. He then asked me if I wanted to wear Earl's Super Bowl ring for the picture. Oh hell yes! My friend took the pic & even though she had a Richard Sherman jersey (we're a mini-Legion of Boom) I took 1 of her with the same deal. I talked to Mr. Thomas for a few minutes. Very nice man. Pretty cool. The Super Bowl ring from SB48 is pretty impressive & heavy. Kind of a unique experience at the game!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 12, 2016 15:46

Patriots are looking like it's as much "the Way" as it is the players who execute "the Way".

Couldn't believe it when I saw the score of the Seattle game... My first thought thought of crholstrom and sure enough, the first three words of his post confirmed my guess as to his thoughts... (COOL story about the superbowl ring!!!)

Though I'm never quite able to root for the Giants, it was nice to see the Cowboys lose. Actually, it's ALWAYS nice to see the Cowboys lose.

Now if I can just get a Steelers win tonight, week 1 will go down as acceptable in my book (at least the Titans didn't actually embarrass themselves although a win would have been nice). GO STEELERS!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 12, 2016 16:14

I would luv to see the Seahawks play the Steelers or Patriots in SB51. There's a long season to go though. Arizona losing last night was huge for us. I suspect it will be a battle for the NFC West all season but I think in a lot of ways Arizona looks old, especially on offense. We shall see. The Seahawks will be better. It looked like the Seahawks finally got it together on the last drive. Now we wait & see how bad Russell's ankle is. He's not going to want to sit. It was nice to see Jimmy Graham on the field & contributing. That was a tough injury to come back from. Next Sunday against the Rams in LA will be another test against a tough defensive line. I've got tickets for the next home game in week 3 against the 49ers. We may go to more later in the season but that's yet to be decided. It's tough on me when it gets colder out. Yesterday was perfect football weather. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: September 12, 2016 22:19

GO RAIDERS

Date: September 12, 2016 23:25

thumbs up
Stones50
GO RAIDERS

Date: September 13, 2016 00:43

Socrates1

I don't know why, I just have a strong feeling about them. But I'm not saying anybody should put any money on them. I'm just feeling it for the Browns. See what they can do in a trade they're working on with their WR. They need a better defense.

sorry man, RGIII on IR. there went the superbowl lol

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 13, 2016 01:41

Robert Griffin Ill?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 13, 2016 04:17

When will Papa John go away?

Date: September 13, 2016 05:49

GasLightStreet
Robert Griffin Ill?

yup, hurt already

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: September 13, 2016 10:23

Looks like it's all up to Josh McCown then. Go McCown, win for the Browns!

The Patriots are awesome. Tom who? I do have Brady to thank for a lot of great football memories, but maybe it's time for him to retire anyway. He's 39. It's never been the same for me after he had that hat in his locker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-13 10:25 by Socrates1.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: September 13, 2016 14:33

The Packers weren't dominating but they did what it takes to win. Expect them in the playoffs.

Date: September 13, 2016 16:23

So are the Steelers starting up their own version of the Patriots "Way" or were the Redskins just THAT bad. Somehow I have a feeling it was a bit of both. Between Roethlisberger & Brown making Bashaud Breeland look like he had never even heard of the cornerback position and DeAngelo Williams looking like he's 10 years younger than the 33 that he is (did y'all see the cut he made on his first TD run?!?!), I'm getting a bit more optimistic than I might have been a few weeks ago. I still don't care for the defense looking a bit thin for 60 yards and then tightening up in the Red Zone but that almost goes back to last year and seems to be somewhat working for them.

I'm just hoping that the Steelers game will be shown here in Tennessee next weekend. I don't have any of the special "packages" to watch all the games and I'm really not expecting Peyton to invite me to his house for nachos. Early season divisional game between two teams that really don't like each other should be a good one. I like our chances anyway!

DeAngelo Williams touchdown 'cut' (sorry about the ad)

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 13, 2016 16:46

Anybody want to get rid of Thursday Night Football? Maybe move the game to Sat night? I just can't get into a Thursday night game.

Date: September 13, 2016 17:06

More Hot Rocks
Anybody want to get rid of Thursday Night Football? Maybe move the game to Sat night? I just can't get into a Thursday night game.

I'm all for getting rid of the Thursday night game but I wouldn't want it moved to Saturday due to the conflict with college football. If the NFL wants two non-Sunday games I'd rather see two games every Monday night like they did last night - one early, one late. Unfortunately, unless the ratings just get so low that the NFL can't sell advertising, I'm afraid Thursday night games are here to stay.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 14, 2016 07:44

Boomer Esiason complained about Thursday night football when they started the whole thing a few years ago. The players don't get enough rest before Thursday night football. They shouldn't go from a game on Sunday to playing the following Thursday, it's just bad for their health.

And btw, I wasn't talking about Tom Brady's winter Patriots hat with the pom-pom on top. Sure, that's a ridiculous looking hat. But I don't care if he wears that hat. Whatever, go ahead and wear the ridiculous looking pom-pom hat. I was referring to another hat entirely.

Interestingly, the NFL has become a platform for protest this year. I can't comment on it all, not on iorr, thankfully. This is no place to get all rankled-up on the internet.

I'm sticking with the Browns and Cowboys this season. I think the dude on the Browns is going to do surprisingly well.

Date: September 14, 2016 07:51

MVP for Dak. League MVP and Super Bowl MVP. Just everybody go out of bounds when you're supposed to! Clock management is always crucial!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 14, 2016 18:08

New Orleans losing to Oakland is equivalent to losing to Cleveland or Detroit.

Except that Oakland has talent and is hyped to do well this year.

Saints defense SUCKED - they lost the game. Brees kicked ass as usual though.

Date: September 15, 2016 06:16

GasLightStreet
New Orleans losing to Oakland is equivalent to losing to Cleveland or Detroit.

Except that Oakland has talent and is hyped to do well this year.

Saints defense SUCKED - they lost the game. Brees kicked ass as usual though.

thats why I got tired of people blaming rob ryan for the saints bad defense

Date: September 16, 2016 06:46

Rex Ryan and his bother are a joke.....

Date: September 16, 2016 07:54

Rex Ryan and his brother walk into a bar. They shoot a game of pool. For the first time ever in the history of billiards they both end up losing.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 16, 2016 15:35

More Hot Rocks
No kidding...I hope they both get canned.

As a Pats fan though, this is quite amusing. It's just a shame one of them had to win.

Date: September 16, 2016 16:47

More Hot Rocks

yeah missing 4-5 starters had nothing to do with the bills looking like that and still almost winning the game. geez

Date: September 16, 2016 16:48

keefriff99
More Hot Rocks

As a Pats fan though, this is quite amusing. It's just a shame one of them had to win.

jets are going to beat the pats at least one time this year

Date: September 16, 2016 16:51

keefriffhard4life
More Hot Rocks

yeah missing 4-5 starters had nothing to do with the bills looking like that and still almost winning the game. geez

they missed one starter on defense. It was their vets (Gilmore, Williams, Taylor...) and play calling that blew it. Didn't you see it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-16 16:52 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: September 16, 2016 16:53

More Hot Rocks
keefriffhard4life
More Hot Rocks

they missed one starter on defense. It was their vets and play calling that blew it. Didn't you see it?

yes i watched the entire thing and this morning espn was saying they were missing 2 offensive starters and 3 defensive starters and sammy watkins was limited with an injury and they still almost won

Date: September 16, 2016 17:05

mr_dja
More Hot Rocks

I'm all for getting rid of the Thursday night game but I wouldn't want it moved to Saturday due to the conflict with college football. If the NFL wants two non-Sunday games I'd rather see two games every Monday night like they did last night - one early, one late. Unfortunately, unless the ratings just get so low that the NFL can't sell advertising, I'm afraid Thursday night games are here to stay.

Peace,
Mr DJA

I thought of another reason to get rid of the Thursday night game last night as I bounced around trying to monitor different sporting events on TV including the NFL game...

Nike Color Rush uniforms take center stage on 'Thursday Night Football'

A quote from the article:
"The New York Jets and Buffalo Bills will debut the uniforms this Thursday. However their game will be one of six in which the road team will wear all white because the color rush combinations clash (the Cleveland Browns, Los Angeles Rams, Atlanta Falcons, Arizona Cardinals and Houston Texans will also be wearing all white in their respective Color Rush games). When the Jets and Bills debuted the first Color Rush game last year — the Jets in all green and the Bills in all red — many colorblind viewers couldn't discern the clubs."

I'm not sure if I'm old or a traditionalist but I'm getting more and more tired of "special event" uniform modifications. I get the patches and decals which may honor a person related to the team and I think it's kind of cool for teams to show their respect that way. Or the special "post-season" patches teams display in many sports (I actually have one from Super Bowl X). But c'mon, a special uniform because it's Thursday? Why not special uniforms on Mondays? At the end of the season there could be special unis for Saturdays. Even the throwback uniforms are kinda "blech" to me although that probably has as much to do with the fact that my favorite team looks like bumble bee's in theirs.

OK that's enough of a rant for now.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 16, 2016 17:15

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
More Hot Rocks

jets are going to beat the pats at least one time this year
That doesn't change the dynamics of the AFC East, and never has, except for 2011.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home