Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 20, 2016 16:21

Socrates1
Jokes on the internet can be funny as long as they're not about you. I get this way about sports. I throw everybody under the bus if they're not from New England. Look at Tom Brady making fun of people from Buffalo... that's the kind of stuff I've done before.

We happen to still be in the midst of the greatest football dynasty of all time. So everybody from New England gets to think they're really great right now. We definitely have TB to thank for our shared feelings of greatness. I just wish TB would have never been associated with 'that hat.' I guess I can't let it go.
I don't know what the hell Brady was thinking pulling a stunt like that. If he really supports that "man" then rooting for him becomes a lot more difficult.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 20, 2016 17:24

This may seem, well, I'm not suggesting a Drew Bledsoe moment but... Jimmy Garoppolo seems to be doing pretty good. Or he was.

Brady will play until he's 45 at the rate he's going.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 20, 2016 18:05

GasLightStreet
This may seem, well, I'm not suggesting a Drew Bledsoe moment but... Jimmy Garoppolo seems to be doing pretty good. Or he was.

Agreed, Jimmy was doing well before getting hurt. Although his performance might get him some looks in free agency or the trade market, I don't see anything ending Brady's run at quarterback for the Patriots short of a career ending injury or his retirement. With the way the rules are set to protect QBs, I think your prediction of Brady going to 45 could be accurate. From what I understand, longevity is something he's actively pursuing. As long as he is able to fit in with "The Way", I don't think much could "Bledsoe" him.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: September 21, 2016 07:47

mr_dja
Socrates1
Jokes on the internet can be funny as long as they're not about you. I get this way about sports. I throw everybody under the bus if they're not from New England. Look at Tom Brady making fun of people from Buffalo... that's the kind of stuff I've done before.

We happen to still be in the midst of the greatest football dynasty of all time. So everybody from New England gets to think they're really great right now. We definitely have TB to thank for our shared feelings of greatness. I just wish TB would have never been associated with 'that hat.' I guess I can't let it go.

"The Hat" can become irrelevant if you limit your fandom to the player as opposed to the person. Believe me, I've had to go through some pretty dark "fan days" as a lifelong Steelers fan when some of the news about Ben Roethlisberger's off season activities were reported.

Come next January, for all their collective failings, I still hope to be rooting for the Steelers to extend their lead on the number of Super Bowls won by winning SB "LI"! Short of that, I'll end up sitting next to my Mom (and possibly you!) on the Pats bandwagon - they're my second favorite team but I don't start rooting for them until the Steelers get eliminated. By that time "the hat" will be irrelevant anyway.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. thumbs up

Date: September 21, 2016 07:48

keefriff99
Socrates1

I don't know what the hell Brady was thinking pulling a stunt like that. If he really supports that "man" then rooting for him becomes a lot more difficult.

As a Pats fan, I totally agree with you. thumbs upthumbs up

Date: September 21, 2016 17:54

mr_dja
GasLightStreet

Agreed, Jimmy was doing well before getting hurt. Although his performance might get him some looks in free agency or the trade market, I don't see anything ending Brady's run at quarterback for the Patriots short of a career ending injury or his retirement. With the way the rules are set to protect QBs, I think your prediction of Brady going to 45 could be accurate. From what I understand, longevity is something he's actively pursuing. As long as he is able to fit in with "The Way", I don't think much could "Bledsoe" him.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Brady and Brees (and possibly Roethlisberger just because he seems to be a monster) will possibly finish at the same time.

Brady is still at his peak, which seems to be last about 16 years now. Although he's never done anything distinct that I can recall for NE to win any Super Bowls, it's the getting them there that adds up.

If NE were to trade Brady it would be similar to Edmonton trading Gretzky - unthinkable.

Date: September 21, 2016 23:33

big ben will retire within the next 3 seasons because he gets hit a lot more than brees or brady

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 22, 2016 09:31

keefriffhard4life
big ben will retire within the next 3 seasons because he gets hit a lot more than brees or brady

from your lips to God's ears... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 23, 2016 07:13

Still in the parking lot at Gillette. Once again the Pats play to their motto. NEXT MAN UP !!! And they totally out coached Houston.

Also Houston once again proved they are not ready for primetime and puked all over themselves. In their last 10 games they have only given up an average of 12 points. Tonight they give up 27 to a third string Quarterback in his very first NFL start.

It's fun living in PAT'S Land right now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-23 07:25 by virgil.

Date: September 23, 2016 10:46

props to NE. i didn't think they had a chance in this game. i'm wondering if there was a meeting at a crossroads near clarksdale, mississippi in the distant past...

Date: September 23, 2016 15:05

virgil
Still in the parking lot at Gillette. Once again the Pats play to their motto. NEXT MAN UP !!! And they totally out coached Houston.

Also Houston once again proved they are not ready for primetime and puked all over themselves. In their last 10 games they have only given up an average of 12 points. Tonight they give up 27 to a third string Quarterback in his very first NFL start.

No kidding. Talk about complete domination.

Date: September 23, 2016 15:51

keefriff99
virgil

I was shaking my head in amazement as I watched the score pile up. Never expected that outcome at all. People at my office this morning were debating: "what if it was Belichick that was gone for four games as opposed to Brady". Somehow, I have the feeling that, with the coordinators they have in place, the results would be much the same. Pretty amazing the culture they have built up there. That whole "next man up" thing is being worked to perfection from my point of view. I can't remember another time when an organization in any sport has had such continued success with non-marque players regardless of personnel. They may not always "win it all" but as far as consistency, it's hard to think of anyone who is doing more with less.

Peace, (and GO STEELERS!)
Mr DJA

Date: September 23, 2016 15:54

mr_dja
keefriff99
virgil

I was shaking my head in amazement as I watched the score pile up. Never expected that outcome at all. People at my office this morning were debating: "what if it was Belichick that was gone for four games as opposed to Brady". Somehow, I have the feeling that, with the coordinators they have in place, the results would be much the same. Pretty amazing the culture they have built up there. That whole "next man up" thing is being worked to perfection from my point of view. I can't remember another time when an organization in any sport has had such continued success with non-marque players regardless of personnel. They may not always "win it all" but as far as consistency, it's hard to think of anyone who is doing more with less.

Mr DJA
I'm starting to think Belichick is going to stick around for as long as he can after Brady hangs it up to prove to everyone that HE was the key to their success, not Brady.

Not that Brady and Belichick don't have a good relationship, but I think Belichick doesn't want there to be any doubt about who the master is.

Date: September 23, 2016 18:55

keefriff99
mr_dja
keefriff99
virgil

Mr DJA
I'm starting to think Belichick is going to stick around for as long as he can after Brady hangs it up to prove to everyone that HE was the key to their success, not Brady.

Not that Brady and Belichick don't have a good relationship, but I think Belichick doesn't want there to be any doubt about who the master is.

If I had to guess, many already know... Check this article from ESPN.com on last night's game.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 25, 2016 12:18

Week 3. Going to the SEA/SF game. Looking like it's going to be a perfect day for football. 70 & sunny. Marshawn Lynch opened a new Beast Mode store near the stadium yesterday. Most likely have to stop in on way to game. Hoping the Seahawks have worked some issues out this week & we actually score some. Good thing we're playing SF!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 25, 2016 15:13

crholmstrom
Week 3. Going to the SEA/SF game. Looking like it's going to be a perfect day for football. 70 & sunny. Marshawn Lynch opened a new Beast Mode store near the stadium yesterday. Most likely have to stop in on way to game. Hoping the Seahawks have worked some issues out this week & we actually score some. Good thing we're playing SF!

I think if Wilson saw the N.E. -Texans game - team gets back on track- this game is sorta like a temp check on the Hawks - I think you're in good shape-

Panthers will destroy the Vikings. Just keep Whitaker/ Benjamin in the game.

Browns vs. Dolphins - a a game that is nauseous - I don't even care who won or the score.

Louisville is the highlight thus far this year!

Date: September 25, 2016 15:19

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

I think if Wilson saw the N.E. -Texans game - team gets back on track- this game is sorta like a temp check on the Hawks - I think you're in good shape-

Panthers will destroy the Vikings. Just keep Whitaker/ Benjamin in the game.

Browns vs. Dolphins - a a game that is nauseous - I don't even care who won or the score.

Louisville is the highlight thus far this year!

University of Washington have been a pleasant surprise thus far. They finally faced a little adversity & came through fine. Next Friday vs. Stanford here will be a test.

Date: September 25, 2016 19:36

I would like to see Belichick change the league forever by not-starting any one quarterback. Brissett and/or Garoppolo could be ready to play on Oct. 2. Keep Rotating them. Something like that would be really good for the game of football. Have Brady and Edelman ready as backup QBs.

Brissett didn't change his workout before he was called to start against the Texans. The Patriots are always ready to play, that includes every player on the team, 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings. What's the deal with having to start certain players? Can we find a way around all the old modalities? Belichick changes the game, that's one reason he's so great.

Date: September 26, 2016 00:02

Wow. I'm not sure to laugh hard or be stunned - Minnesota beat Carolina!

That is just... incredible.

The Bills won.

Cleveland at Miami - it's amazing that anyone won. I'm not sure which is a surprise.

Date: September 26, 2016 02:45

jets,panthers, steelers and arizona stunk it up. just terrible. these are all potential playoff teams. weird football weekend

Date: September 26, 2016 03:00

keefriffhard4life
jets,panthers, steelers and arizona stunk it up. just terrible. these are all potential playoff teams. weird football weekend
Extremely weird. Can't believe how many whacked out scores there ended up being.

Date: September 26, 2016 03:03

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Extremely weird. Can't believe how many whacked out scores there ended up being.

these weren't even close games that ended on the final possession. these were meltdowns by what were suppose to be 4 great/good teams this year with 3 of them having high superbowl odds.

good thing the 49ers are always around to help get teams back on track lol

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 26, 2016 04:52

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

these weren't even close games that ended on the final possession. these were meltdowns by what were suppose to be 4 great/good teams this year with 3 of them having high superbowl odds.

That's just mean spirited...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 26, 2016 09:01

Wonder if my Bears might go 0-16?! This year is already a write off, might as well try for the first overall pick!

Date: September 26, 2016 11:59

Munichhilton
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

SEA/SF was fun game to be at. I got to meet Marshawn Lynch before the game! Stopped in @ his new store on way to game & he was behind the counter.

Date: September 26, 2016 14:07

crholmstrom
Munichhilton
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

SEA/SF was fun game to be at. I got to meet Marshawn Lynch before the game! Stopped in @ his new store on way to game & he was behind the counter.
No kidding! I heard he's quite a nice guy away from the gridiron.

Date: September 26, 2016 14:12

keefriff99
crholmstrom
Munichhilton
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

No kidding! I heard he's quite a nice guy away from the gridiron.

we had no idea he was going to be there, just were checking out the store. got my friend a "Yes Lawd" shirt, which is perfect for her. smiling smiley

Date: September 26, 2016 20:17

I wish that one dude on Good Morning Football would stop talking about his beard. Enough already. Nobody cares if you have a beard or not. Kay already said she approved of the beard, didn't she? That should have ended the whole thing. Thankfully she's on the show.

So yeah, weird football year so far. Weird new show. Weird post. I know it's only Good Morning Football, but I like it. Check out Kay's fantasy football stuff if anyone is into that. She's good.

Btw, prediction: New England to continue winning. 3rd Edit: WTF Browns?!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-26 20:38 by Socrates1.

Date: September 27, 2016 18:29

Munichhilton
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

It's hilariously accurate. Can throw the Saints in there now. The way they've been going it's not hard to believe they're as bad as Cleveland, Jacksonville and Chicago. The Payton/Brees era of being good was buried last night. They had their run of being pretty good (2009-2013) but the GM has made way too many bad choices - like signing Jimmy Graham to a huge contract instead of trading him - and then trading him later; signing Brandon Browner - possibly the biggest loser in the league; they got rid of Sproles and a handful of other good players.

Although there are 13 games left and the NFC South is terrible it's probably safe to say the Saints have been eliminated from the 2017 playoffs with an 0-3 start.

Date: September 27, 2016 21:25

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Did anybody else catch the 6 pm edition of NFL Network's Fantasy and Friends yesterday? Somebody told me Erin Coscarelli was wearing a Stones t-shirt, and they were doing a bunch of Stones related stuff. Maybe it's on youtube? Is it Stones week? I'm DVRing the show tonight.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home