Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 28
OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 14, 2016 12:30

Well ladies & gents, the 2016 NFL season is upon us. After the debacle of the Hall of Fame game being cancelled, the first week of preseason games has actually been somewhat entertaining. My Seahawks played an interesting game that actually went down to literally the last second. We are looking mighty this year. In the past we've had some lively conversations on this site. Hopefully that will continue this year. GO HAWKS! smileys with beer

Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 14, 2016 16:01

Ahh The Seahawks.The dynasty that never was. Who was the no name that had the game winning interception in the SB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-14 16:05 by virgil.

Date: August 14, 2016 20:16

virgil
Ahh The Seahawks.The dynasty that never was. Who was the no name that had the game winning interception in the SB.

Just wait for this year... in coach Carroll we trust.cool smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 14, 2016 23:19

Well, that's nice that the first pre-season game was exciting for you... although I really can't fathom why, regardless of Seattle "winning" it in the last second or whatever!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 14, 2016 23:23

I read that Arizona might be Superbowl contenders. I can't believe that whenever I watch a home game of theirs on tv, the number of opposition fans in the stands! One time it was as if the Cowboys were playing a home game.
Too bad about St. Louis losing the Rams.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 14, 2016 23:50

It was great fun watching the newly minted LA Rams in the first pre-season game with Dallas.
Close to 90,000 there and it was a nail biter. Their 2nd backup QB Sean Mannion comes out of this one looking truly first string brilliant, not what anyone expected. No one went home early.
Last time I personally visited that venue G&R was opening for The Stones on Bill's last tour.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 15, 2016 02:28

Please Buffalo get rid of Rex Ryan. Boy does he have a lot of BS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-15 16:57 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: August 15, 2016 10:03

Nice to see some responses. I look forward to a lively season! smileys with beer

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 15, 2016 17:50

OK... I'll get in early...

GO STEELERS! (My life-long favorite team)
GO PATRIOTS & TITANS! (My "home" teams)

I haven't been following the "predictions" so I really don't know how anyone is supposed to do this year. I know the Titans have been in the toilet the past couple of seasons so maybe they're due for a couple of wins. Hope so since they're on TV about every weekend here in Knoxville.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: August 15, 2016 18:05

As usual I hope Atlanta and Dallas suck. There's no reason to expect anything great from the two New Jersey teams but then by November something seems to always happen.

Although Brady is out for the first 4 games, does it matter? That dude just continues to be awesome.

Teams to flounder: Los Angeles, Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Oakland, San Diego, Giants and Jets, Dallas, Tennessee, Houston, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Washington.

Teams not sure about: Tampa, New Orleans, Seattle, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, New England, Seattle, Arizona, Indianapolis, Kansas City.

It seems that Tampa, New Orleans, Indy and KC are teams that seem to be getting it together. Seattle, Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Denver - who the hell knows. One minute they're great, the next they suck, the next they're average.

A bit early so who knows. Based on last season is one thing. Good teams can crap out (Atlanta and Detroit were good for one season and then tanked). Crap teams can figure something out (Cinci) and then crap out anyway.

Date: August 18, 2016 12:33

Week 2 of the preseason. Lot of interesting story lines out there. Looking forward to the games tonight. For Seattle/Minnesota the weather should be the direct opposite of the last time they met. BTW, should Buffalo just throw in the towel now & get it over with? That team seems snakebit to say the least.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 18, 2016 18:47

DGA35
I read that Arizona might be Superbowl contenders. I can't believe that whenever I watch a home game of theirs on tv, the number of opposition fans in the stands! One time it was as if the Cowboys were playing a home game.
Too bad about St. Louis losing the Rams.

No, too bad about L.A. losing the Rams years ago. No sympathy for St. Louis from me.
NFC West is going to be one tough division, with both Cardinals and Seahawks looking good.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 18, 2016 19:10

GasLightStreet
As usual I hope Atlanta and Dallas suck. There's no reason to expect anything great from the two New Jersey teams but then by November something seems to always happen.

Although Brady is out for the first 4 games, does it matter? That dude just continues to be awesome.

Teams to flounder: Los Angeles, Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Oakland, San Diego, Giants and Jets, Dallas, Tennessee, Houston, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Washington.

Teams not sure about: Tampa, New Orleans, Seattle, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, New England, Seattle, Arizona, Indianapolis, Kansas City.

It seems that Tampa, New Orleans, Indy and KC are teams that seem to be getting it together. Seattle, Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Denver - who the hell knows. One minute they're great, the next they suck, the next they're average.

A bit early so who knows. Based on last season is one thing. Good teams can crap out (Atlanta and Detroit were good for one season and then tanked). Crap teams can figure something out (Cinci) and then crap out anyway.

New England has not one legitimate super bowl. cheaters.

Raiders will be goood

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: August 18, 2016 22:15

I think it will be Carolina or Arizona in the NFC. But, of course, there's Seattle.

Minnesota I heard has improved, and then there's the Giants (new head coach!).

Date: August 19, 2016 18:00

Stones50

Raiders will be goood

Did the Patriots cheat in 2002, 2004, 2005 or 2015 in the Super Bowl? As far as I can recall they won all of their Super Bowls by... winning. 3 of them by a field goal. Weird that Brady is awesome yet he never lit it up in the SB.

Date: August 19, 2016 19:37

GasLightStreet
Stones50

Raiders will be goood

Did the Patriots cheat in 2002, 2004, 2005 or 2015 in the Super Bowl? As far as I can recall they won all of their Super Bowls by... winning. 3 of them by a field goal. Weird that Brady is awesome yet he never lit it up in the SB.

Agree, New England (& Brady) deserve props. This suspension is ridiculous. I think the Seahawks are following the New England model somewhat as far as being smart with the cap. I'm not saying Hawks are going to Super Bowl again (its early) but they have as good a chance as anybody in the NFC. If New England can get through the 1st 4 games relatively unscathed, I like their chances, too.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 20, 2016 04:19

crholmstrom
Week 2 of the preseason. Lot of interesting story lines out there. Looking forward to the games tonight. For Seattle/Minnesota the weather should be the direct opposite of the last time they met. BTW, should Buffalo just throw in the towel now & get it over with? That team seems snakebit to say the least.

here in Buffalo people are talking like the season is over with.

Date: August 20, 2016 18:24

One thing is for certain - the 2016 NFL season won't be a farce like the 2016 Summer Olympics.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 20, 2016 18:52

GasLightStreet
Stones50

Raiders will be goood

DOH! Yes, they cheated.

Plus the NFL stole the snow bowl from the Raiders. Again, not one legitimate SB win for NE

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 20, 2016 20:28

GO NEW YORK GIANTS!!! Victor Cruz had better play this season! Teamed up with Odell Beckham, they could really make it to the Super Bowl if they stay healthy!smileys with beer

Date: August 20, 2016 23:42

mickschix
GO NEW YORK GIANTS!!! Victor Cruz had better play this season! Teamed up with Odell Beckham, they could really make it to the Super Bowl if they stay healthy!smileys with beer

Don't they have Eli Manning still? >grinning smiley<

Date: August 21, 2016 00:43

potus43
GasLightStreet
Stones50

Raiders will be goood

DOH! Yes, they cheated.

Plus the NFL stole the snow bowl from the Raiders. Again, not one legitimate SB win for NE

Huh. I guess I've never seen how they cheated. Was there definitive proof? Or is it just some kind of sore loser thing that people have about the Patriots?

Date: August 21, 2016 01:02

Proof. DOH! Spygate, etc. DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 21, 2016 05:43

Stones50
GasLightStreet

Raiders will be goood

Raiders will be good? Are you kidding me? They will end up in last place in their division. And toward the bottom of the AFC. No QB. No offensive or D line. Their biggest move will be them leaving town soon.

Date: August 21, 2016 17:45

potus43
Proof. DOH! Spygate, etc. DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh. That. A bit broad. Every team has cheated. In fact, if you can stifle a giggle perhaps, the Patriots are not as bad as people make them out to be. Look at this:

[yourteamcheats.com]

Date: August 21, 2016 20:26

Cheaters who got caught. Again and again and again

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 21, 2016 20:34

Crholmstrom_ nice to see another 12 here. hope you are well.

Go Hawks!!

Date: August 21, 2016 22:41

Midnight Toker
Crholmstrom_ nice to see another 12 here. hope you are well.

Go Hawks!!

Thursday. The big dress rehearsal against the Cowpies. Woo hoo! hot smiley

Date: August 21, 2016 23:04

not sure how i think the jets will do this year

Date: August 24, 2016 19:11

potus43
Cheaters who got caught. Again and again and again

So, with what you say, the 31 other teams that cheat just aren't as good at it or they just don't get caught "again and again and again" (even though a majority of them got caught)?

Someone's gotta win and it's only been 4 out of 6 times that the Patriots have won.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home