Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: October 4, 2016 05:19

I'm nervous about Kimbrel's pitching. WTF?

Yeah, Manning limped through that whole last season and through the Super Bowl. I'm not sure about the Browns game either. I just don't know.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: October 4, 2016 06:05

When Osweiler wasn't playing Manning was limping.

Looks like Josh Gordon is back on indefinite suspension....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-04 06:24 by Socrates1.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 6, 2016 05:13

so i guess Julio Jones had a pretty good game there.

Date: October 6, 2016 07:10

Natlanta
so i guess Julio Jones had a pretty good game there.

he did. atlantas looking good. maybe its just me though but it seems the last 2 seasons or so jones has been very streaky so maybe a good game this week but wouldn't be shocked if it was bad

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 6, 2016 08:48

The hurricane media hype is out of order. Yes - we may get clobbered - but when co workers completely abandon work questionably early - it makes one wonder.

Closed down in S. Florida - We'll see -

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 6, 2016 09:28

Chris Fountain
The hurricane media hype is out of order. Yes - we may get clobbered - but when co workers completely abandon work questionably early - it makes one wonder.

I deal with people in South Carolina & they are cancelling meetings like mad

Date: October 6, 2016 10:27

Tonight's game could be ugly. Carson Palmer out, SF...well what can I say. grinning smiley

Date: October 6, 2016 10:42

crholmstrom
Tonight's game could be ugly. Carson Palmer out, SF...well what can I say. grinning smiley

Carson Palmer inconsistencies may be just an aberration. ...u is he injured? I'm trying to keep up with all-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-06 10:44 by Chris Fountain.

Date: October 6, 2016 11:58

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Carson Palmer inconsistencies may be just an aberration. ...u is he injured? I'm trying to keep up with all-

He went down with a concussion last Sunday. Didn't pass the protocals to play this week.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 6, 2016 17:33

Chris Fountain

140 mph winds does that to people. Yeah so it's down to 125 mph winds now but the pressure keeps dropping and it's expected to be back up to a 4.

Date: October 16, 2016 14:20

Bye week finally almost over. Should be an interesting game today in Seattle, the best offense vs best defense. Most likely the weather is going to be a factor. Possible thunderstorms in the forecast with wind & rain happening for sure. Seattle has gotten clobbered this weekend by the remnants of the typhoon that hit Taiwan earlier. It wasn't as bad as predicted though. Still have power & cable tv, whew! I think the Seahawks are going to bring Atlanta back down to earth. Interesting tidbit: Atlanta has been in Seattle all week rather than make 2 cross country trips. They practiced in the elements @ Husky Stadium. Prediction: Seahawks 20 Falcons 13. GO HAWKS!!!!

Date: October 16, 2016 14:26

Match-up is uncommon at best- I do not know the spread - If I were a bookie, it would be Seattle - 3.1/2. This game is highly unpredictable. I do not know for certain the outcome of this game but points would be taken if Gambling.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 17, 2016 06:22

Looks like anyone can win on any given Sunday. Go Bills but I still don't like Rex Ryan.

Date: October 17, 2016 06:32

man that was a clear penalty on Sherman at the end of the seahawks game. once again he gets away with mauling someone with no flag

Date: October 17, 2016 10:45

keefriffhard4life
man that was a clear penalty on Sherman at the end of the seahawks game. once again he gets away with mauling someone with no flag

agreed. officiating has been poor in general this year, not just that play. that doesn't explain the jets though, haha. earl thomas had a monster game yesterday. he the man.

Date: October 17, 2016 11:12

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

agreed. officiating has been poor in general this year, not just that play. that doesn't explain the jets though, haha. earl thomas had a monster game yesterday. he the man.

the espn writer already explained the jets. because matt forte isn't a runner who just ploys through people and the jets practically eliminated the TE position teams are blitzing Fitzpatrick less and sending more guys out to cover the receivers and its harder for Fitzpatrick to find open people unless they break away down field.

[www.espn.com]

Date: October 17, 2016 12:30

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

the espn writer already explained the jets. because matt forte isn't a runner who just ploys through people and the jets practically eliminated the TE position teams are blitzing Fitzpatrick less and sending more guys out to cover the receivers and its harder for Fitzpatrick to find open people unless they break away down field.

[www.espn.com]

although michael bennett isn't a squeaky clean player (to put it mildly), that chop block that took him out of the game yesterday was pretty ugly. supposedly its minor & he says he's playing next week. i thought richard sherman's temper tantrum on the sidelines was a bit much, too. i tend to prefer the quieter, serious players who get the job done like earl thomas & cliff avril. bobby wagner is a great, underrated linebacker too. on the offensive side, i think the jimmy graham comeback is a good story. that injury he had has ended careers. think nfc west is there for the seahawks to take. we'll see if arizona can live up to the hype but i will be rooting for your jets tonight for sure!

Date: October 22, 2016 16:22

gearing up for tomorrow's action. a quad header! ending with the SEA/ARI on sunday night football! hopefully we will finally get a good prime time game. GO HAWKS!!!

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: October 22, 2016 17:10

Not NFL, but Nick Saban was just on College Game Day moments ago talking about the Stones and his friendship with Mick. They even played part of Gimme Shelter.

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Date: October 22, 2016 19:31

Voodookitten76
Not NFL, but Nick Saban was just on College Game Day moments ago talking about the Stones and his friendship with Mick. They even played part of Gimme Shelter.

close enough to NFL, especially at 'Bama. winking smiley

Date: October 23, 2016 21:55

geno looking good, gets hurt. go figure

Date: October 23, 2016 23:25

keefriffhard4life

i had the jets on pick 'em! i am kind of suckin' this week though. missed 4 so far today. damn bills! grrrrr! they always have their way with me!

Date: October 24, 2016 03:50

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

i had the jets on pick 'em! i am kind of suckin' this week though. missed 4 so far today. damn bills! grrrrr! they always have their way with me!

i'm hoping this jump starts the jets defense

Date: October 24, 2016 07:03

win or lose to me this game shows seattle is a pretender and will not be in the super bowl this year

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 24, 2016 07:12

SNF 10/23/16
we dont wanna win, you can win, no no, you go ahead and win, nah we dont wanna win, you win, nope we dont wanna win, you go ahead and win... nope nope...

that was funny

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 24, 2016 07:12

Wow, neither the Hawks or Arizona deserved to win!

Date: October 24, 2016 07:13

HankM
SNF 10/23/16
we dont wanna win, you can win, no no, you go ahead and win, nah we dont wanna win, you win, nope we dont wanna win, you go ahead and win... nope nope...

that was funny

terrible. like I said Atlanta should have won last week and Arizona this week. just a mess

Date: October 24, 2016 12:06

that was 1 of the most bizarre nfl games (SEA/ARI) that i have ever seen. it was like soccer!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 24, 2016 18:29

I'm glad I didn't see that Arizona-Seattle game. What a bore that must've been.

Surprises of the day? I guess Miami, San Diego and Detroit winning. New Orleans continues to have a fantastic offense that can't win games because the defense sucks. Dead money on the field, dead money off the field, some of it playing in other places and they suck (Jimmy Graham) even more than they did but they got the money.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 24, 2016 19:44

crholmstrom
that was 1 of the most bizarre nfl games (SEA/ARI) that i have ever seen. it was like soccer!

Hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste

Both teams certainly broke the rule in your signature. grinning smiley

I didn't have the sound on most of the time on that TV as I watching an doing other things on the other monitors, but as time wound down I turned the sound up and it was like a someone telling a long long joke setting up for a pretty funny punchline. And when Hausautska missed the second kick in a game no one wanted to win it was laugh out loud funny (I guess funny to anyone not rooting for either team anyway)

Actually I kind of think the Cardinals may have won it when that runner hit the pylon with his foot before going out of bounds towards the end of the game, but I am not positive about that. But I think the Cardinals should have messed around for a bit to give the officials some time to take a some more looks at that. It might have meant a win.

but maybe not... [www.businessinsider.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-24 19:59 by HankM.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2097
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home