Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 30, 2016 13:34

Here we go, another week in the trenches. My dinged up Hawks limp into New Orleans. It is a good thing they are playing the Aints but it will be a tougher contest than originally thought. I think the Hawks will prevail due to their depth on defense. That's not to say that Kam Chancellor & Michael Bennett being out isn't huge. Word is Russell Wilson is supposed to be getting healthier although for the first time in his career he missed a day of practice due to injury this week. Gut check time!

Date: October 30, 2016 22:14

crholmstrom
Here we go, another week in the trenches. My dinged up Hawks limp into New Orleans. It is a good thing they are playing the Aints but it will be a tougher contest than originally thought. I think the Hawks will prevail due to their depth on defense. That's not to say that Kam Chancellor & Michael Bennett being out isn't huge. Word is Russell Wilson is supposed to be getting healthier although for the first time in his career he missed a day of practice due to injury this week. Gut check time!

seattle should have at least 4 losses right now. lucky. they are pretenders

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 31, 2016 07:54

Jimmy Graham... what, one catch? I was telling my buddy while watching the game, Saints are leading but why does it still feel like we're losing? WHACK ending! Glad to see Seattle lose. I hate them as much as Carolina, Dallas and Atlanta.

Date: October 31, 2016 08:36

GasLightStreet
Jimmy Graham... what, one catch? I was telling my buddy while watching the game, Saints are leading but why does it still feel like we're losing? WHACK ending! Glad to see Seattle lose. I hate them as much as Carolina, Dallas and Atlanta.

I thought it was funny Richard Sherman was complaining about the refs after the game yet had no complaints when they didn't flag him at the end of the falcons game which cost the falcons a chance to kick a game winning FG

Date: October 31, 2016 08:40

He's a bit of a cry baby.

Date: October 31, 2016 10:40

Sherman talks too much sometimes. He did get fouled on that Falcons play at the beginning & that wasn't called either. I heard Russell Wilson on radio after the game. Wanted to smack him. He was all cheerful. He (& coach) need to be a little more bummed when losing to crappy teams like the Saints. Hawks will be back.

Date: October 31, 2016 11:41

crholmstrom
Sherman talks too much sometimes. He did get fouled on that Falcons play at the beginning & that wasn't called either. I heard Russell Wilson on radio after the game. Wanted to smack him. He was all cheerful. He (& coach) need to be a little more bummed when losing to crappy teams like the Saints. Hawks will be back.

they are cheerful because they are 4-2-1 when they should really be 3-4. I'd be happy too knowing we lucked into a winning record when we shouldn't

Date: October 31, 2016 11:52

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

they are cheerful because they are 4-2-1 when they should really be 3-4. I'd be happy too knowing we lucked into a winning record when we shouldn't

Cam N. is getting whackier on his post game conferences.
I am glad the Falcons ( the most ignored team by all press) came out victorious in this late close call. They had two go against them; this one is theirs.

Date: October 31, 2016 12:24

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

not making excuses as the hawks had their chances but the officiating was horrid in the hawks/saints game. after doing my nfl surf this morning, most of the football press agrees.

Date: October 31, 2016 12:38

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

not making excuses as the hawks had their chances but the officiating was horrid in the hawks/saints game. after doing my nfl surf this morning, most of the football press agrees.

if it helps its been really bad all season starting with game 1 of the year with multiple non illegal hits on cam not flagged

Date: October 31, 2016 12:39

Palace Revolution 2000
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

I am glad the Falcons ( the most ignored team by all press) came out victorious in this late close call. They had two go against them; this one is theirs.

wackier with his attire or what he has to say?

Date: November 1, 2016 09:38

keefriffhard4life
Palace Revolution 2000
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Attire.
He has all the right in the world to be upset with the non-calls coming his way. I've heard it said that the 'Shaq-Rule' is being applied. Basically, that as far as QB's go, Cam is considered pretty big and strong; plus he puts himself out there - so he doesn't get as many calls coming his way as e.g. Bradford.

Date: November 1, 2016 19:35

Palace Revolution 2000
keefriffhard4life
Palace Revolution 2000
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Attire.
He has all the right in the world to be upset with the non-calls coming his way. I've heard it said that the 'Shaq-Rule' is being applied. Basically, that as far as QB's go, Cam is considered pretty big and strong; plus he puts himself out there - so he doesn't get as many calls coming his way as e.g. Bradford.

yes these non-calls are getting bad. i feel sorry for him

Date: November 2, 2016 13:08

wonder if percy harvin has some unfortunate video of rex ryan...

Date: November 5, 2016 14:43

looking like another interesting football weekend. washington huskies @ cal today could be a good game. i think the huskies have been robbed so far as far as the college rankings go. they could be set up to get in though. have to wait unit monday to see if the seahawks have found an offense yet & a muzzle for richard sherman, haha. looking forward to the raiders/broncos battle tomorrow night. the raiders were the team i liked before the seahawks existed. i like the team now as my afc fave. but as always...GO HAWKS!!!!

Date: November 5, 2016 17:41

It's irritating that not only is Matt Ryan having a great season and may bust the passing yardage record by Peyton Manning of 5477 (1 yard more than Brees' record!) by 5500 plus yards but Atlanta is doing well. I HATE Atlanta.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 5, 2016 18:41

crholmstrom

Any prediction for Monday night?

Date: November 5, 2016 18:59

GasLightStreet
It's irritating that not only is Matt Ryan having a great season and may bust the passing yardage record by Peyton Manning of 5477 (1 yard more than Brees' record!) by 5500 plus yards but Atlanta is doing well. I HATE Atlanta.

he's not projected to break it or the TD record

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: November 5, 2016 19:06

"The Autumn Wind is a Raider"

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 5, 2016 20:16

More Hot Rocks
crholmstrom

Any prediction for Monday night?

Hawks 20 Bills 10. low scoring slug fest.

Date: November 7, 2016 02:12

horse hockey at the end of that jets game. a rekick that leads to a TD off of a penalty for a player that made no difference in the original kick

Date: November 7, 2016 03:00

keefriffhard4life
horse hockey at the end of that jets game. a rekick that leads to a TD off of a penalty for a player that made no difference in the original kick

most of the games have been pretty lame today. high hopes for OAK/DEN tonight.

Date: November 7, 2016 03:03

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

they've all been exciting to me

Date: November 7, 2016 03:59

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

they've all been exciting to me

we had NYG/PHI, PIT/BAL & IND/GB. some ended up looking closer than they were. luckily, i got on live chat for the Cure concert from Stuttgart & we had awesome periscope coverage. Robert Smith has been ill but still put on a fantastic show. no cancellations. slightly rearranged some songs to make it easier on his voice (which was pretty much gone by the end) but still pulled off an excellent set. the whole tour has been fantastic with the sets changing every night with 2.5 to 3 hour sets. fan friendly pricing, too.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 7, 2016 20:04

Giants actually won one (against the Eagles, no less). Cataclysmic happenings.

Also, the Colts beat the Pack?!

Rooting for the Raiders, would be good to see them make the playoffs.

Date: November 7, 2016 21:21

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

he's not projected to break it or the TD record

He was projected to break the passing yards record. But Brees may yet do that anyway.

Date: November 7, 2016 21:24

Giants proving to be unpredictable as usual.

What's with Green Bay? That's just ridiculous

Detroit beat Minnesota? What the hell!

At least New Orleans beat up good on San Francisco. Always good to beat SF no matter what.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: November 7, 2016 21:39

NFL not-so-fun fact if you're from Cleveland: The Browns had eight different chances to draft Dak Prescott?!!

I wish I would've never brought up Cleveland on the internet. I'm so sorry, Cleveland. If the Red Sox don't make it next year, I hope Cleveland wins the World Series.

Date: November 7, 2016 21:47

keefriffhard4life
Palace Revolution 2000
keefriffhard4life
Palace Revolution 2000
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Attire.

yes these non-calls are getting bad. i feel sorry for him

It does seem like there's an NFL conspiracy against Cam Newton. It's too bad, he's an awesome player. His offensive line needs to protect him. They need to want to protect him fist. It's as if his own offensive line doesn't always want to protect him. That could just be my impression, after watching a few Carolina games this year, and I might be wrong.

There are holes in Carolina's offensive line, for sure. And their coach seems to be kind of weird. Doesn't he? I can't really place what it is... Does Carolina's coach even like Cam Newton? Remember when Washington's coaching staff didn't seem to care much for RGIII? I see that going on with Cam and the Panthers now.

And on top of everything else, Cam has to deal with all the B.S. from the refs...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-07 22:08 by Socrates1.

Date: November 8, 2016 03:07

Cam is too good for his own good sometimes. His talents are so great that people around him want to see him fail. I don't trust his coach. I don't trust his offensive line. He's too good. That's all there is to it. Cam does too many things that can't be explained. He did, anyway, last year. Cam will be back.

I want Rex and Dusty to win this game so badly tonight. I'm not looking forward to their record being any better in the AFC East. Tho the Bills could still surprise everybody. They need a week off. They've got one more game to go. Now get out there and play your hearts out.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home