Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Date: November 30, 2016 06:57

black n blue
keefriffhard4life
black n blue
Bills will be 8-8 again folks. Rex and his fat ass brother will be back.

the bills have been hurt all year. if they finish 8-8 why would they fire the coach? if you showed me who would be injured for the bills this year i'd say 4-12 record at best

Same old shit from the bills 7-9 or 8-8!is getting old. I don't see them winning more games than 8 or 9 with ryan

well when your best WR and your top draft picks miss months of the season its hard to win games

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 1, 2016 17:45

three16
Dallas will lose to Detroit.

Really.

I doubt that. Just don't see that happening.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 2, 2016 01:44

i think/hope dallas goes down tonight. minnesota has a mighty defense. most likely a close game.

Date: December 2, 2016 06:36

gronk out the rest of the year for the patriots

Date: December 2, 2016 06:39

really sad R.I.P. Joe McKnight. he was a beast

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 2, 2016 06:41

keefriffhard4life
Horrible news...changes the entire complexion of the AFC race, if not the Super Bowl.

Date: December 2, 2016 07:33

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Horrible news...changes the entire complexion of the AFC race, if not the Super Bowl.

exactly but I said a few days ago I don't think the patriots are making it

Date: December 2, 2016 07:53

tnf was kind of a snoozer.

Date: December 2, 2016 15:35

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

exactly but I said a few days ago I don't think the patriots are making it
I always thought the notion that the Pats were one of the top contenders this year a bit of a stretch. They have some critical weaknesses which have been exposed recently, and with Gronk out, all bets are off.

They could still make the AFC Championship game, but that's about as far as I see them going, and even that's a stretch now.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 2, 2016 16:28

crholmstrom
tnf was kind of a snoozer.

I think the best news I've heard re: the NFL this season is that they are considering doing away with TNF once the current tv contract runs out. I think they said it was after the 2017 season. I won't miss it if they do away with it.

Another interesting piece of news that I heard this morning: The San Diego Chargers are exercising an option that they had and have announced that they will be moving to Los Angeles. I haven't researched this but I'm pretty sure that was what I heard on the news while driving to work today.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 3, 2016 10:39

Cowboys can win even if they're not playing so great. If the Vikings had made that 2 point conversion, anything could've happened after that. Are the Cowboys as great as everyone thinks they are? I think they are. But are they? And don't forget, Hogan is Gronk II for the Pats. Pats can still win. I didn't want to see a Pats vs. Cowboys Super Bowl, because the Cowboys looked unstoppable. But are they?

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 3, 2016 11:27

The San Diego Chargers are exercising an option that they had and have announced that they will be moving to Los Angeles

Wow, just wow... LA will go from no NFL team a year ago to 2 teams next year. Wow

The funny part to me of this is (and I am only talking from my personal experiences with my friends from visiting LA over the last 30-40 years. I used to visit several times a year, now it is less, but over that time) those LA people showed me that they care less about the NFL than any other city I have ever visited. They didn't seem to care when the Lams left... they yawned as the faiders came and went. They would rather sleep in on Sunday until East coast games are half over and then go to the beach or something... I eventually gave up trying to get anyone excited to get up/go out to see my team play Sunday morning.

But I understand the yadda yadda.... That LA is was the largest market without a team, it is TV/movieland, Tinsel town, the league wants to have the Super Bowl played in LALAland every other year... blah blah blah... but the lams are sucking this year...

But who knows? Maybe the city can/will support 2 NFL teams, and it will all be a huge success, but I will not be surprised at all when one of (both of) the teams leaves in 2020 for a city further East because from what I have seen LA is not an NFL town, no matter how much the NFL/network powers that be want it to be.

Date: December 3, 2016 11:34

SI Wire
Friday December 2nd, 2016

The San Diego Chargers are set to exercise their relocation option and move to Los Angeles in 2017, ESPN reports.

In January, when the NFL approved of the Rams’ move from St. Louis to L.A., the Chargers were given a deadline of Jan. 15, 2017 to make a decision on their own option. Chargers chairman Dean Spanos has yet to officially notify the league, and has said he will wait until after the season, but according to ESPN, the move is looking like a done deal, “barring a miracle.”

The Chargers would share the Rams’ new stadium when it is complete and share multiple facets of stadium revenue, but conduct ticket sales separately. The team has struggled to receive approval to build a new stadium in San Diego, and would not have to borrow money to lease the stadium from Rams owner Stan Kroenke.

The franchise, however, will have to pay $650 million in relocation fees, as determined in January, and also must fund construction for a new practice facility. San Diego’s stadium situation will again be up for discussion at owners’ meetings this month, with the Raiders similarly angling to move from Oakland to Las Vegas.

The Raiders moving from Oakland to Las Vegas makes more (a lot of) sense to me.

The new Inglewood stadium being built for the Rams was designed to accommodate two home teams, with two sets of lockers rooms, offices, and owners' suites.... new stadium, and a pretty cool one at that. At nearly 300 million square feet, the Inglewood stadium will be the NFL’s biggest, and with a projected price tag of up to $2.66 billion, it stands to be the league’s most expensive stadium, too. .

shiney

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-03 11:47 by HankM.

Date: December 3, 2016 13:00

Socrates1
Cowboys can win even if they're not playing so great. If the Vikings had made that 2 point conversion, anything could've happened after that. Are the Cowboys as great as everyone thinks they are? I think they are. But are they? And don't forget, Hogan is Gronk II for the Pats. Pats can still win. I didn't want to see a Pats vs. Cowboys Super Bowl, because the Cowboys looked unstoppable. But are they?

take a look at this stuff

the cowboys are currently 11-1. the 1 lose is to the 8-3 giants. here are the teams wins though with the teams current record. are the wins really as impressive as people think?
-Redskins twice. 6-4
-bears 2-9
-49ers 1-10
-bengals 3-7-1
-eagles 5-6 (eagles are 2-6 over the last 8 games)
-browns 0-12
-steelers 6-5
-ravens 6-5
-Vikings 6-6 ( Vikings are 2-6 over the last 8 games)

take a look at the raiders though. the raiders are currently 9-2. the 2 losses are to the 7-4 falcons and the 8-3 chiefs. here are the wins with the teams current record.
-saints 6-5
-titans 6-6
-ravens 6-5
-chargers 5-6
-jaguars 2-9
-tampa bay 6-5
-Denver 7-4
-Texans 6-5
-panthers 4-7

so dallas has beaten 3 teams that currently have a winning record.. they have played one team that currently is in the lead of their division

the raiders have beaten 5 teams that currently have a winning record. they have played they have played two teams that currently lad their division.

take this for what you will

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 4, 2016 01:57

keefriffhard4life
black n blue
keefriffhard4life
black n blue

the bills have been hurt all year. if they finish 8-8 why would they fire the coach? if you showed me who would be injured for the bills this year i'd say 4-12 record at best

Same old shit from the bills 7-9 or 8-8!is getting old. I don't see them winning more games than 8 or 9 with ryan

well when your best WR and your top draft picks miss months of the season its hard to win games

That is part of football. The bills just seem to hover around 7-9 and 8-8. Still searching for Jim Kelly's replacement for twenty years.

Date: December 4, 2016 02:29

black n blue
keefriffhard4life
black n blue
keefriffhard4life
black n blue

That is part of football. The bills just seem to hover around 7-9 and 8-8. Still searching for Jim Kelly's replacement for twenty years.

its part of football but the bills aren't a very deep team so it hurts them. they can still make the playoffs this year

Date: December 4, 2016 06:52

keefriffhard4life
Socrates1

the cowboys are currently 11-1. the 1 lose is to the 8-3 giants. here are the teams wins though with the teams current record. are the wins really as impressive as people think?
-Redskins twice. 6-4
-bears 2-9
-49ers 1-10
-bengals 3-7-1
-browns 0-12
-steelers 6-5
-ravens 6-5

take a look at the raiders though. the raiders are currently 9-2. the 2 losses are to the 7-4 falcons and the 8-3 chiefs. here are the wins with the teams current record.
-saints 6-5
-titans 6-6
-ravens 6-5
-chargers 5-6
-jaguars 2-9
-tampa bay 6-5
-Denver 7-4
-Texans 6-5
-panthers 4-7

so dallas has beaten 3 teams that currently have a winning record.. they have played one team that currently is in the lead of their division

the raiders have beaten 5 teams that currently have a winning record. they have played they have played two teams that currently lad their division.

Thanks for putting that all together. I would like to do the same with the Pats schedule, and compare them to the Raiders. The Raiders look tough to beat. And as you just pointed out, the Raiders are even tougher on paper than I realized. Now, can the Patriots beat the Raiders? I say yes, of course they can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-04 06:53 by Socrates1.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 4, 2016 16:55

The bills are one big joke of a franchise. Selling constant hope to the fan base. This is from somebody who went to bills games at the rockpile

Date: December 4, 2016 18:51

Socrates1
keefriffhard4life
Socrates1

-Redskins twice. 6-4
-bears 2-9
-49ers 1-10
-bengals 3-7-1
-browns 0-12
-steelers 6-5
-ravens 6-5

-saints 6-5
-titans 6-6
-ravens 6-5
-chargers 5-6
-jaguars 2-9
-tampa bay 6-5
-Denver 7-4
-Texans 6-5
-panthers 4-7

Thanks for putting that all together. I would like to do the same with the Pats schedule, and compare them to the Raiders. The Raiders look tough to beat. And as you just pointed out, the Raiders are even tougher on paper than I realized. Now, can the Patriots beat the Raiders? I say yes, of course they can.

done for the pats. the pats have lost 2 games this season. there are to the bills who are 6-5 and the seahawks who are 7-3-1. here is the rest of their schedule so far and those teams current records
-arizona 4-6-1
-miami 7-4
-texans 6-5
-browns 0-12
-bengals 3-7-1
-steelers 6-5
-bills 6-5
-49'ers 1-10
-jets 3-8

so the patriots have played 5 teams with winning records. they have played 2 teams who lead their division. games left against teams with current winning records 3, denver, miami, ravens.

oakland games left against teams with current winning records 3, denver, kc, bills.

cowboys games left against teams with current winning records 3,lions, giants, tampa bay.

oakland has no games left against current division leaders unless kc ties them before they play.

the cowboys have 1 game left against a current division leader, the lions but its possible tampa bay could be a division leader.

the patriots have 1 game left against a current division leader, the ravens although that could change before the game.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 4, 2016 19:13

Patriots will find a way. True, without Gronk, it's a tougher road. But they're a rounded team.

I don't care for Oakland but it's good to see them finally pulling something together. It would be cool if they put a good dent in the 2017 playoffs.

People seem to think Green Bay will make the playoffs. I'm still doubting. Just as I doubt any of the other below .500 NFC teams "in the hunt" will make the playoffs.

The two bottom ranked Top 4 in the AFC will only make the playoffs because they will win their divisions while teams with better records don't. That's just ridiculous.

Tampa could win the NFC South... or make the playoffs. 6-8 rankings in the NFC are all within each other.

Date: December 5, 2016 03:05

done for the pats. the pats have lost 2 games this season. there are to the bills who are 6-5 and the seahawks who are 7-3-1. here is the rest of their schedule so far and those teams current records
-arizona 4-6-1
-miami 7-4
-texans 6-5
-browns 0-12
-bengals 3-7-1
-steelers 6-5
-bills 6-5
-49'ers 1-10
-jets 3-8

-saints 6-5
-titans 6-6
-ravens 6-5
-chargers 5-6
-jaguars 2-9
-tampa bay 6-5
-Denver 7-4
-Texans 6-5
-panthers 4-7

So, anything could happen in a Pats vs. Raiders AFC championship game? I give the Pats the edge. And maybe the Cowboys are the greatest team who aren't really that great? I'm hopeful for the Pats now.

And here's Hogan aka Gronk II... [twitter.com]

Date: December 5, 2016 03:25

Socrates1

-arizona 4-6-1
-miami 7-4
-texans 6-5
-browns 0-12
-bengals 3-7-1
-steelers 6-5
-bills 6-5
-49'ers 1-10
-jets 3-8

-saints 6-5
-titans 6-6
-ravens 6-5
-chargers 5-6
-jaguars 2-9
-tampa bay 6-5
-Denver 7-4
-Texans 6-5
-panthers 4-7

So, anything could happen in a Pats vs. Raiders AFC championship game? I give the Pats the edge. And maybe the Cowboys are the greatest team who aren't really that great? I'm hopeful for the Pats now.

And here's Hogan aka Gronk II... [twitter.com]

Hawks vs Raiders in Super Bowl. Woo hoo! hot smiley

Date: December 6, 2016 08:00

I've never seen Pete Carroll this relaxed before. He's totally calmed down. Am I not a Seattle fan? I feel like I've said too much. Home-field advantage will be big in the NFC championship game. Maybe the Seahawks can go all the way again? Why has no one mentioned the possibility of a Pats/Seahawks replay? It could happen. I just keep thinking: Pats vs. Cowboys. Raiders Shmaiders.

Date: December 6, 2016 09:03

how awful were the jets tonight?
I turned it off after those 2 easy undefended TDs... they looked silly.

Date: December 6, 2016 09:33

Now all the authorities
They just stand around and boast

Date: December 6, 2016 09:50

HankM

makes you wonder if they just gave up since the season was already over

Date: December 6, 2016 10:35

keefriffhard4life
HankM

makes you wonder if they just gave up since the season was already over

It looked like it, or something.

I have not seen much of the jets this year, so I dont know how they usually play, I just like the NFL and MNF and I like good games, but man... those TDs were silly looking. The second one it seemed like the receiver was standing there for 5 minutes talking on his cell phone, kicking at the dirt and eventually the QB tossed him the ball and the WR strolled into the end zone... 14-0.... and I turned the channel.

And just taking a look at the standings, [www.nfl.com] looks like they have thrown in the towel, going for a high draft pick.

And looking over all of the standings... [www.nfl.com]
This looks like a year an average team getting hot right now could win the Championship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-06 10:36 by HankM.

Date: December 6, 2016 10:49

the jets had several games that were close and winnable and didn't win them and now look like the gave up. the secondary has been sketchy all year but not as bad as tonight

Date: December 6, 2016 12:45

it seems like bowles has lost the team. same with ron rivera in carolina. carolina in a dive of almost historic intensity. 15 & 1 last year to last place in a the nfc south. think they have made some bad roster moves, too. i'm a little bummed about earl thomas going down for the year. he is the key to the hawks defense. my favorite player. fortunately, the hawks have depth but the road is going to be rougher to houston. still think they can do it but no thomas hurts.

Date: December 6, 2016 16:32

The Jets are beyond an abomination. Just incredible how they keep plumbing new depths of hideousness. As a Pats fan, I almost feel sorry for them.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home