Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:20

GasLightStreet
Patriots will find a way. True, without Gronk, it's a tougher road. But they're a rounded team.

I don't care for Oakland but it's good to see them finally pulling something together. It would be cool if they put a good dent in the 2017 playoffs.

People seem to think Green Bay will make the playoffs. I'm still doubting. Just as I doubt any of the other below .500 NFC teams "in the hunt" will make the playoffs.

The two bottom ranked Top 4 in the AFC will only make the playoffs because they will win their divisions while teams with better records don't. That's just ridiculous.

Tampa could win the NFC South... or make the playoffs. 6-8 rankings in the NFC are all within each other.

If Tampa wins division, then that proves that their win over Seattle was no joke and have a legit shot at going deep into the playoffs (perhaps into championship game).

If not mostly likely scenario is Seattle at Dallas in the championship game.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:44

keefriff99
The Jets are beyond an abomination. Just incredible how they keep plumbing new depths of hideousness. As a Pats fan, I almost feel sorry for them.

It amazes me that the Jets and the Browns (and the Jaguars) are still in the league. NY, er, New Jersey really only needs the Giants. The league could use some thinning.

Date: December 6, 2016 17:53

After having watched the Detroit Lions shut down the New Orleans Saints (who are strangely still "in the hunt" because the NFC South sucks so bad but are in no way going to so therefor are really eliminated from the 2017 playoffs) I think Dallas is in for a surprise - especially considering they've yet to play a team with a winning record, last I knew anyway.

Dallas will lose to Detroit.

Bucs tied for first place and will (hopefully) win the division and knock Craplanta out.

Green Bay... they host Seattle (Packers should win that one), are at Chicago (they should win that one, too), host Minnesota (at this point a toss up) and at Detroit (eh, probably lose - at this point, anyway).

The NFC North is the most interesting division in football right now.

Looks like Miami choked its way right out of playoff contention.

Date: December 6, 2016 23:05

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
The Jets are beyond an abomination. Just incredible how they keep plumbing new depths of hideousness. As a Pats fan, I almost feel sorry for them.

It amazes me that the Jets and the Browns (and the Jaguars) are still in the league. NY, er, New Jersey really only needs the Giants. The league could use some thinning.

oh geeze. Until a decade ago no one even cared about the saints

Date: December 7, 2016 02:47

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriff99

oh geeze. Until a decade ago no one even cared about the saints

Ha ha... I figured that bait would get taken!

Date: December 7, 2016 02:49

That aside, they're in New Orleans through 2022 I believe. After that... once Benson dies there's no telling what will happen. He's got possibly the sweetest deal of all NFL teams with the state that once the deal is up the new owners will be forced to leave to be able to make any money.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 7, 2016 03:40

Jets have no qb. Fitz was hot last yr.

Date: December 7, 2016 06:19

black n blue
Jets have no qb. Fitz was hot last yr.

and I honestly don't know what they should do. talks of getting mike glennon from the bucs have appeared in the jets rumors.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 7, 2016 13:12

this is totally awesome!

[sportspressnw.com]

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 7, 2016 16:22

crholmstrom
this is totally awesome!

[sportspressnw.com]

Four Things:
1) I love that (original) video!
2) The "mashup" is AWESOME!!! Possibly better than the original BBC.
3) Do have a link that you prefer that shows Lynch's actual run with this narration? I don't think I've actually seen the play being discussed and figured, if anyone knows of a link, it would probably be you!
4) Thanks for sharing!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: December 7, 2016 17:40

GasLightStreet
After having watched the Detroit Lions shut down the New Orleans Saints (who are strangely still "in the hunt" because the NFC South sucks so bad but are in no way going to so therefor are really eliminated from the 2017 playoffs) I think Dallas is in for a surprise - especially considering they've yet to play a team with a winning record, last I knew anyway.

Dallas will lose to Detroit.

Bucs tied for first place and will (hopefully) win the division and knock Craplanta out.

Green Bay... they host Seattle (Packers should win that one), are at Chicago (they should win that one, too), host Minnesota (at this point a toss up) and at Detroit (eh, probably lose - at this point, anyway).

The NFC North is the most interesting division in football right now.

Looks like Miami choked its way right out of playoff contention.

I don't think you're right about Dallas and Detroit, but we'll see.

Your other point about their schedule isn't even close. Just in general, it's a goofy argument anyway, because half the teams they've beaten-if they had instead lost, then a bunch of those teams would have winning records, like the Vikings and GB. They've beaten the Redskins twice, the Steelers, the Ravens, plus those other teams.

Date: December 7, 2016 18:02

The point is Dallas hasn't played any teams that are consistently good - 6 of their 11 wins have been against teams that are or were "in the hunt" ie not consistently good - Redskins twice, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Vikings (other wins were against the Bears, 49ers, Bengals, Eagles and... Cleveland).

That's what that means. But 11-1 is pretty damn good. Everyone thought the Saints would roll over the 0-10 Browns, back whenever that was, and the Browns beat the Saints in New Orleans.

So... as they say, "on any given Sunday". Dallas has the toughest part of their schedule coming up: NY, Tampa and Detroit.

Game 16 is a joke (Philly).

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 8, 2016 22:56

Ice Bowl IIX coming tonight.
Kind of an important game to be played when it is so damned cold, 15-20 degrees
But that is why they play the game in ALL conditions. As of now typical home field favorite is the betting spread

Date: December 9, 2016 07:20

Still waiting for a dominant team to step up and act like they want it. I have not seen much great NFL football this year. I am glad this is not a year I am trying to convince a noob I care about to like the NFL. I have indoctrinated some people to love the NFL over the years, but this year it would have been a difficult task. I am barely interested and I love the game.

Date: December 9, 2016 07:22

of course tonight it looked too damn cold to properly play any sport outside, but... anyway...

Date: December 9, 2016 10:42

mr_dja

this is totally awesome!

[sportspressnw.com]

Four Things:
3) Do have a link that you prefer that shows Lynch's actual run with this narration? I don't think I've actually seen the play being discussed and figured, if anyone knows of a link, it would probably be you!
4) Thanks for sharing!

Peace,
Mr DJA

here you go! smileys with beer

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 10, 2016 10:08

Somebody pass Boomer Esiason the spliff....

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 10, 2016 22:04

Socrates1
I don't like Boomer Esiason. He has a morning talk show on WFAN out of NYC with an idiot named Craig Carton. He's proven himself to be a real retrograde meat head of the lowest order.

Date: December 10, 2016 22:05

crholmstrom

this is totally awesome!

[sportspressnw.com]

Four Things:
4) Thanks for sharing!

Peace,
Mr DJA

[www.youtube.com]
I love watching people who are great at their jobs break down their work like that. Really inspiring stuff.

Date: December 10, 2016 22:22

keefriff99

I don't like Boomer Esiason. He has a morning talk show on WFAN out of NYC with an idiot named Craig Carton. He's proven himself to be a real retrograde meat head of the lowest order.

He hates weed!

Date: December 10, 2016 22:23

keefriff99

this is totally awesome!

[sportspressnw.com]

Four Things:
4) Thanks for sharing!

Peace,
Mr DJA

[www.youtube.com]
I love watching people who are great at their jobs break down their work like that. Really inspiring stuff.

did you watch the bbc mashup?

[streamable.com]

Date: December 10, 2016 22:27

Socrates1

He hates weed!
LOL, I'm not surprised. He could use some to mellow out.

Date: December 10, 2016 22:43

He needs it the most.

Date: December 11, 2016 23:59

Dismal year in the NFL... again today.

Came home in time to catch the end of the early shows...
and WOOOHOOO!!! Caught the end of 2 games both close, 2 minutes to go
and the teams that were behind were driving... THIS COULD BE GOOD!! Very good...

it wasn't... both teams went 4 and out... and both teams lost...
hell... all 4 teams lost, even the teams that won lost... we all lost...

I remember back in the day... member? ...member when?... yeah, I member too...

Date: December 12, 2016 00:01

Date: December 12, 2016 00:11

Hank, are you OK?

Date: December 12, 2016 00:17

know the feeling. really not fond of this time of year.

Date: December 12, 2016 00:35

crholmstrom

I like this time of year, I am just very very disappointed in the NFL this year.

The standings are as bad as I have ever seen.
The games play is as bad as I have ever seen.
It has not been much fun to watch this year.

Date: December 12, 2016 01:55

HankM

I like this time of year, I am just very very disappointed in the NFL this year.

The standings are as bad as I have ever seen.
The games play is as bad as I have ever seen.
It has not been much fun to watch this year.

my seahawks are, how you say, screwing the pooch today. going to fall out of 1st round bye. earl thomas not being there to kick their asses & give them frightening psycho/singletary looks having huge effect on the d. & wilson must've cussed or something this week as he not getting any divine intervention. to top it off, cliff avril hurt. 2nd fave player. was just concerned with your post. we may not see eye to eye on football but that part of the fun. we're all mates here. smileys with beer

Date: December 12, 2016 02:26

crholmstrom

my seahawks are, how you say, screwing the pooch today. going to fall out of 1st round bye. earl thomas not being there to kick their asses & give them frightening psycho/singletary looks having huge effect on the d. & wilson must've cussed or something this week as he not getting any divine intervention. to top it off, cliff avril hurt. 2nd fave player. was just concerned with your post. we may not see eye to eye on football but that part of the fun. we're all mates here. smileys with beer

Another ugly game. It is a weird NFL year, maybe something in the water Gatorade?

Like in your game, those weird "interceptions". There should almost be 2 classes of INTs when they are recorded. Class 1) those that are the QBs fault and Class 2) those where the WR is hit right in his hand, right in the number, perfect pass... but apparently the WR thought he was playing volleyball as popped the ball up in the air (with his face mask no less) and it was caught by a defender who had been having picnic, laying on the ground, looking at clouds, eating a sandwich... and out of the blue thought.... "Hey look! That cloud looks like a ball, maybe I should catch that". And he did. INT!!!

That INT should not be on the QB's record.. but I dont know how they would cut the mustard as which is which... so a INT is an INT... but man... it is just a weird year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-12 02:30 by HankM.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home