Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: August 24, 2016 22:59

I don't know why, I just have a strong feeling about them. But I'm not saying anybody should put any money on them. I'm just feeling it for the Browns. See what they can do in a trade they're working on with their WR. They need a better defense.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 25, 2016 05:29

You failed to mention what kind of strong feeling. In general, no matter how it's said, with a Browns fan it's common: we're gonna lose no matter what.

Still better than Jacksonville.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 25, 2016 07:00

Q- How does a Cleveland Browns fan count to 16?

A-0-1 0-2 0-3 0-4 0-5 etc....

Date: August 25, 2016 07:45

That's my Super Bowl pick.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 25, 2016 08:57

Socrates1

heh, heh, heh. grinning smiley

Date: August 25, 2016 18:47

What's so funny?

It could be like the Cowboys playing at home (if they can manage to get rid of Romo) since the Super Bowl is in Houston. Romo's time has come and gone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-25 21:33 by Socrates1.

Date: August 26, 2016 03:12

Socrates1

Date: August 26, 2016 07:07

I'm being completely serious. grinning smiley

Date: August 26, 2016 12:46

Socrates1
What's so funny?

It could be like the Cowboys playing at home (if they can manage to get rid of Romo) since the Super Bowl is in Houston. Romo's time has come and gone.

First, you are talking about the Cleveland Browns? Did they get a time machine & go back & get Jim Brown in his prime? I mean RG3, really? hahahaha. Now, the hated Cowpies. I'm watching the game from last night right now. After a slow start, my Seahawks got it in gear & dismantled them. Romo lasted a whole 1.5 minutes. I will admit Dak Prescott shows some promise but I don't think he's going to take them to Super Bowl his rookie year. Years to come, maybe if Jerry Jones gets out of the way & lets people who know the game run things. If you feel strongly about it I would get to Vegas & put some $ on it. You'll get loooooong odds on both teams. I will admit this is the fan talking but I have a good feeling about the Hawks this year. If New England can get through the games without Brady, I think we're going to get a rematch of Super Bowl 49. Things will be different this time! grinning smiley

Date: August 26, 2016 22:06

What were Pete Carol and Richard Sherman doing, yelling at the refs, during the recent Vikings at Seattle game? I just disagree with Seattle's philosophy as a team. First of all, it was pregame, so nobody cares, if you lose the game it doesn't matter. This was the game last week, before Seattle played Dallas. Everybody on the Seahawks team was all worked up. It was a pregame! The final score didn't matter.

The whole Seahawks team let their emotions rule them, the entire week of Super Bowl XLIX. The Seattle players trash-talked the Patriots to a nauseating degree all week long on tv and in the press. Then, of course, Seattle went on to lose the game. It's all coaching. Everybody just calm down and play football. Don't be yelling at the refs on the sidelines during a scrimmage game. The Seahawks are going nowhere right now.

Date: August 26, 2016 22:13

Socrates1
What were Pete Carol and Richard Sherman doing, yelling at the refs, during the recent Vikings at Seattle game? I just disagree with Seattle's philosophy as a team. First of all, it was pregame, so nobody cares, if you lose the game it doesn't matter. This was the game last week, before Seattle played Dallas. Everybody on the Seahawks team was all worked up. It was a pregame! The final score didn't matter.

The whole Seahawks team let their emotions rule them, the entire week of Super Bowl XLIX. The Seattle players trash-talked the Patriots to a nauseating degree all week long on tv and in the press. Then, of course, Seattle went on to lose the game. It's all coaching. Everybody just calm down and play football. Don't be yelling at the refs on the sidelines during a scrimmage game. The Seahawks are going nowhere right now.

agree. i only watch preseason to see if anyone good gets injured

Date: August 26, 2016 22:45

Socrates1

& you think dallas & cleveland are? hahahahaha

Date: August 27, 2016 07:42

I was too emotionally invested in my Super Bowl pick last year. I'm going with two log shots this time. i believed. I do have to say I'm glad for Payton Manning tho. Good for him. Ellie would have been better than Payton for the rest of their lives if Payton Manning had lost another one.

Date: August 27, 2016 08:37

You know what I meant, preseason game, not pregame. That was some auto spell thing that happened twice.

But while I'm thinking about it... Why don't we just get Pete Carol and Richard Sherman on a pregame football show to yell at random people. That would be a fun segment. They were practically on the field yelling at the refs.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: August 27, 2016 19:17

Superbowl pick:

New England vs Green Bay

31-24 Patriots

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: August 27, 2016 20:09

crholmstrom
Socrates1
What's so funny?

First, you are talking about the Cleveland Browns? Did they get a time machine & go back & get Jim Brown in his prime? I mean RG3, really? hahahaha. Now, the hated Cowpies. I'm watching the game from last night right now. After a slow start, my Seahawks got it in gear & dismantled them. Romo lasted a whole 1.5 minutes. I will admit Dak Prescott shows some promise but I don't think he's going to take them to Super Bowl his rookie year. Years to come, maybe if Jerry Jones gets out of the way & lets people who know the game run things. If you feel strongly about it I would get to Vegas & put some $ on it. You'll get loooooong odds on both teams. I will admit this is the fan talking but I have a good feeling about the Hawks this year. If New England can get through the games without Brady, I think we're going to get a rematch of Super Bowl 49. Things will be different this time! grinning smiley

Not making any predictions, but the game I watched featured the Cowboy's first string run it down Seattle's throat, just like they did last time they were there. The "dismantling" didn't start until the second half, when The Seahawks were still playing their ones vs the defensive backups.

Date: August 27, 2016 22:31

Romo out maybe for season. Broken bone in back.

Date: August 28, 2016 01:07

I'm rooting for the Cowboys if New England doesn't make it through the playoffs. New England should actually do a lot this year. The important thing with the Patriots is their system. They can drop a decent quarterback into their system for four games, no problem, then Brady can get them to the playoffs afterwards.

I grew up rooting for the Steelers because the Patriots actually sucked back then. So I've never really been a Cowboys fan. But I think they're going all the way this season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-28 01:08 by Socrates1.

Date: August 28, 2016 02:29

crholmstrom

yup. probably week 11 at the earliest. he should hang it up

Date: August 28, 2016 03:16

crholmstrom

Good grief. He makes AC/DC look secure.

Date: August 28, 2016 04:20

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

Good grief. He makes AC/DC look secure.

At least there was nothing remotely dirty about the hit. Cliff Avril was trying to strip the ball & they just fell awkwardly. Avril is a quiet heart of the defense. Every bit as good as Michael Bennett.

Date: September 10, 2016 12:40

Here we go! After a good game to start the season Thursday, we're now less than a day until the full on NFL season. I'm going to the season opener in Seattle & am getting riled up. Should be a perfect day for football here. Think we're going to take a water taxi over to the stadium early & join in on the festivities. It will be a party! Prediction: Seahawks 27 Dolphins 10. Woo hoo! hot smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 10, 2016 15:06

Denver is worse than N.E. when it comes to ethics. The NFL front office doesn't take head injuries seriously. What happened Thursday Night is inexcusable.

The Dolphins do not stand a chance in Seattle. They may not even score. Seattle will not have to exploit them. Just grind them down. Why? Because when the Dolphin offense is on the field it will be three and out on every drive. I say 20-0 shut out.

Date: September 10, 2016 20:41

The NFL season kicked off tonight with a Super Bowl 50 rematch between the Broncos and Panthers at Mile High.

After capturing an early lead, the Panthers coughed up the ball a few times and handed the momentum to Denver, but stormed back on the final drive only to miss a game-winning field goal.

With the Panthers loss, seemingly against logic, the Cleveland Browns are now officially been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

[dailysnark.com]

Date: September 11, 2016 06:32

let go jets.

a little worried about the running game and the oline though. dexter mccluster was cut from the titans and worked out with the jets, they need to sign him

Date: September 11, 2016 13:15

keefriffhard4life
let go jets.

a little worried about the running game and the oline though. dexter mccluster was cut from the titans and worked out with the jets, they need to sign him

i was going to say they should sign bishop sankey but just read NE snagged him. we'll see you later in the year! smileys with beer

Date: September 11, 2016 13:31

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
let go jets.

i was going to say they should sign bishop sankey but just read NE snagged him. we'll see you later in the year! smileys with beer

sankey is good too but I'd rather have mccluster. espn was reporting there was no signs/mention/report of an injury to mccluster. I wonder why he was cut by the titans?

I fear the jets might be playing a bad gamble here. they need dexter. no clue why they haven't signed him except something i think I read. if they sign him Tuesday after week 1 is over I believe his salary isn't guaranteed for the season so if they have to cut him he stops getting paid. if that's why they are waiting to do anything, only team I've seen a report say mccluster worked out for after being released by the titans, waiting until other teams possibly need him due to injuries this weekend is a big gamble unless he wants to play just for the jets

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-11 13:31 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 11, 2016 14:30

The games we get here in S.Florida today are Packers at Jxville, Giats - Dallas ad of course Miami at Seahawks. And the Sunday night game - N.E. - AZ

I do not have Redzone anymore because Comcast charges too much and it is bundled into other unnecessary channels.

Date: September 11, 2016 14:50

Chris Fountain
The games we get here in S.Florida today are Packers at Jxville, Giats - Dallas ad of course Miami at Seahawks. And the Sunday night game - N.E. - AZ

I do not have Redzone anymore because Comcast charges too much and it is bundled into other unnecessary channels.[/quote

almost the exact same junk games i get

Date: September 11, 2016 15:21

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

I do not have Redzone anymore because Comcast charges too much and it is bundled into other unnecessary channels.[/quote

almost the exact same junk games i get

i think jacksonville is going to be @ least interesting this year. the packers may have a bit more of a game than expected.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home