Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28
Re: OT: NFL 2016 season
Date: December 12, 2016 02:30

jets make huge comeback. i know it was the 49ers but with bryce petty auditioning for the jets its good to post a win

Date: December 12, 2016 02:31

seattle is terrible like i keep saying.

saints eliminated from the playoffs today

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 12, 2016 02:37

keefriffhard4life

earl thomas the real heart of the team. he's a special player & leader. he just doesn't have as big a mouth as sherman. met his dad (earlier in thread). very nice man & asked me to take pic with him. as pic being taken, he put earl's real super bowl ring on me. was very cool. not every day you get to do that. especially if you're a jets fan, haha. teasing! i kid, i kid! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-12 02:39 by crholmstrom.

Date: December 12, 2016 02:46

i know earl thomas is good but wilson the last 4 games has thrown 3 TDs and 8 INTs. that has nothing to do with earl thomas

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 12, 2016 05:59

WTF Cowboys?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-12 06:01 by Socrates1.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 12, 2016 06:46

Date: December 12, 2016 06:59

btw- Mikey grew up to be Tom Brady.... He'll be happy to take it, again
freekin patriots, I hate those guys

GO RAVENS!!!
and I dont even know what that means for me to say something that crazy, I hate them too AND if they win tomorrow it will only waters down the standings even more!

I bet the Pats step up and win big tomorrow, Gronk or no Gronk, they aren't a bunch of lollygaggers, they know how to pick up the easy meat with their eyes closed.

90% of the league needs this speech... bunch of lollygaggers

2016/17- the year the NFL was lollygagging around..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-12 07:05 by HankM.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 12, 2016 20:37

As someone who lives in Michigan, I'm getting pretty excited at the prospect of the Lions possibly having a playoff game at home for the first time since 1993. Shit, StubHub's already selling tickets for the NFC Championship Game, January 22 in Detroit! I admit, that's still wildly optimistic, but all I know is that if it happens, someone's gonna be looking at a very large credit card bill in February grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-12 20:38 by tatters.

Date: December 13, 2016 00:59

The curse of Bobby Layne is strong...

Good ole Bobby, Detroit never should have done him like that, especially after he led them to 3 NFL Championships

Whenever I get to custom create a football team for a video game I always name my QB Bobby Layne and it works really well.

Date: December 13, 2016 01:04

Tonight's spread is only 6.5 favoring the pats. The final score will probably wider than that. I would bet the pats come looking to play pro ball, make few mistakes and pick the Ravens apart.

But... I could be wrong and that is why they play the game.

I dont like either team and I would love to see a tie.

Date: December 13, 2016 08:21

...like broken record... it doesn't seem like any NFL team REALLY wants IT this year,

Date: December 13, 2016 08:46

HankM
...like broken record... it doesn't seem like any NFL team REALLY wants IT this year,

to me the teams that look like they are playing tough and want it:
tampa bay
Detroit
Oakland
kc
giants

every other team looks like they are coasting on reputation or are losing steam. green bay has flipped a switch but it might be too late. the patriots, steelers and seattle win games but don't look unbeatable or dominate. dallas has a lack of experience at several positions so they are hard to judge. Atlanta and several other teams are slipping a bit

Date: December 13, 2016 09:20

keefriffhard4life

to me the teams that look like they are playing tough and want it:
tampa bay
Detroit
Oakland
kc
giants

every other team looks like they are coasting on reputation or are losing steam. green bay has flipped a switch but it might be too late. the patriots, steelers and seattle win games but don't look unbeatable or dominate. dallas has a lack of experience at several positions so they are hard to judge. Atlanta and several other teams are slipping a bit

I have not seen all of the teams play, I dont follow the NFL like I used to, so I have not seen some of those teams, or even much of all the teams in the league. I am judging from the games that I have seen every week on the nationwide broadcasts, and from what I have seen this year... man... over and over and over it is really sloppy game play.

Tonight I thought we would get a full great game, but after a promising start... well you guys saw it.... too much lollygagging. For instance that Raven nonsense on the kicks. I guffawed when the network had a clip ready to go to show how they have been doing that all year. ouch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-13 09:33 by HankM.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 15, 2016 07:11

keefriffhard4life

The Saints were eliminated 2 weeks ago!

Date: December 15, 2016 07:13

Dallas found out something: playing against winning teams is not like playing against losing teams.

Green Bay... it's possible. I'm pulling for Tampa at this point, which is looking better and better.

Date: December 15, 2016 11:07

5. For those aesthetically inclined, this week's Color Rush is a doozy. The Rams are debuting white horns on their navy helmets for the first time since the days of Rosey Grier, a look that could be a preview of a rebrand to come. Meanwhile, the Seahawks are going full Charlie Kelly and wearing straight neon green in an attempt to 1) fry our retinas and 2) blend in with nearby green screens, rendering themselves invisible to the naked eye and Rams tacklers.

Date: December 15, 2016 11:56

The Seahawks better be careful tomorrow night, I smell a trap for the gamblers. This should be a lock game for Seattle, it has a 16 point spread, looking like a guaranteed win... and that can sometimes mean ITS A TRAP!

I wouldn't touch betting on this game with a fiddyfootpole
The Seahawks should take the Lams to slaughter, but...

How many times have we seen some dog poop NFL team that has been doing horrible, is in shambles, fired head coach... and then out of the blue they beat a team they shouldn't?

This is a game where the head coach MUST tell the players to not over look the team, because as Bert Bell said... you know...

Date: December 15, 2016 12:10

GasLightStreet

believe it or not they weren't. had they won this past sunday and won out the rest of the year while tampa bay and Atlanta lost the next 3 the saints would have won the division. mathematically they were eliminated with the lose this past weekend as they would lose out on tie breakers even if all 3 teams finish 8-8

Date: December 15, 2016 12:11

HankM
The Seahawks better be careful tomorrow night, I smell a trap for the gamblers. This should be a lock game for Seattle, it has a 16 point spread, looking like a guaranteed win... and that can sometimes mean ITS A TRAP!

How many times have we seen some dog poop NFL team that has been doing horrible, is in shambles, fired head coach... and then out of the blue they beat a team they shouldn't?

This is a game where the head coach MUST tell the players to not over look the team, because as Bert Bell said... you know...

i like the hawks to win but do not like the point spread. the rams still play some d occasionally & have dished out some punishment to wilson in the past.

Date: December 15, 2016 12:31

crholmstrom
me

i like the hawks to win but do not like the point spread. the rams still play some d occasionally & have dished out some punishment to wilson in the past.

The freekin hawks better win. At this point in the season they better make a freekin statement and destroy this team in shambles. But if they get to lollygagging around... like so many teams are this year... then you know...

Dang it...
I just want to see some fun, well played, professional football games...
That is the bargain I made and make by watching and caring about this league.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 15, 2016 15:34

crholmstrom

this is totally awesome!

[sportspressnw.com]

mr_dja
Four Things:
1) I love that (original) video!
2) The "mashup" is AWESOME!!! Possibly better than the original BBC.
3) Do have a link that you prefer that shows Lynch's actual run with this narration? I don't think I've actually seen the play being discussed and figured, if anyone knows of a link, it would probably be you!
4) Thanks for sharing!

Peace,
Mr DJA
here you go! smileys with beer

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for posting. Love the reaction of the Colts players afterwards. No doubt it was a pretty special run.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: December 15, 2016 17:34

keefriffhard4life

believe it or not they weren't. had they won this past sunday and won out the rest of the year while tampa bay and Atlanta lost the next 3 the saints would have won the division. mathematically they were eliminated with the lose this past weekend as they would lose out on tie breakers even if all 3 teams finish 8-8

Yeah yeah yeah, technically they weren't. But in REALITY they were: they've been so bad there was no way in hell that they'd beat Tampa or Atlanta twice or even once.

If Cleveland had come to New Orleans I would've bet on Cleveland to win the game. That's just how the Saints are. It's not that they don't have talent, they just don't have an O-line worth a damn. Brees has gotten smashed a lot this year. Hopefully some of those buffoons will get traded or better yet do the league a favor and retire. They need some actual protective lineman.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 15, 2016 20:43

Ha Ha Dallas Cowgirls losing to the NY Giants twice this season grinning smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 15, 2016 20:52

I know Tom Brady & the New England Patriots can be a pretty polarizing topic around here but I'm going to share this link anyway as I found it a somewhat interesting article on many different levels.

Interesting "Delfategate" Article from Yahoo Sports

My thoughts? Although I lose some "objectiveness points" as I'm a fan of both the Steelers (referenced in the above article) & the Patriots, I always thought that "Deflategate" was much ado about nothing. I wish I could find the clip (that I SWEAR I saw) of Steve Young's initial comment about the topic where he said (I'm paraphrasing) "this is a waste of time, every single NFL quarterback has the balls prepared to his liking at every single game."

Anyway, hope you enjoy the article. Also hope it doesn't mess up this thread too much. Heck, maybe it will give us something worth talking about. I'm kinda with HankM this year as, the on the field product really hasn't given me much to be excited about.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 16, 2016 01:59

First of all, Deflategate doesn't exist because there is no evidence. What you choose to imagine about "Deflategate" is your own business. Deflategate was really Roger Goodall's attempt to redistribute success in the NFL. The Pats got too big for everybody else to handle. The league tailor-made the rulebook for Peyton Manning and Brady: allowing all quarterbacks to have their individual game balls conditioned in certain ways. Manning went on to rewrite the record books. And Brady just kept winning.

Nobody could stop Brady from winning. That's the inextricable thing, driving continual criticisms of the Pats, and that's also why Brady is persecuted by the powers that be in the NFL. The Patriots got too big for the league because the Patriots are a winning machine. Some people can't handle how much they win. They weren't supposed to win that much. "Defaletgate" is literally a conspiracy. And before you go there, circumstantial evidence doesn't count as real evidence.

[nesn.com]

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: December 16, 2016 02:44

I get the feeling that the Green Bay Packers are going to find a way to win the division once again. They've been playing tough as of late and have three straight division games (Chicago,Minnesota and finally Detroit). The Lions hold a two game lead but go up against the Giants and Cowboys before that final game. The Packers beat Detroit 34-27 earlier this year. Should be interesting.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: December 16, 2016 03:06

The New York Football Giants

Date: December 16, 2016 04:35

I'm kinda with HankM this year as the on the field product really hasn't given me much to be excited about.

Peace,
Mr DJA

I was hoping it was no my imagination. I like the league and football, but it is not exciting this year.

PS
I sure hope the reports of 1000s and 1000s of people having seizures nationwide from watching this game and those uniform colors are a prank... It seems the only ones who are safe are the people who fell asleep out of boredom in the first half.

When I saw the national broadcast system alert activate at the end of the first quarter I thought we might be under nuclear attack or a snownadoe was coming, but they were just advising everyone to put on color normalizing glasses, which I did and I now dont feel seasick at all.

Although the glasses do make Al, Chris and Heather look weird.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-16 04:38 by HankM.

Date: December 16, 2016 06:25

GasLightStreet

Yeah yeah yeah, technically they weren't. But in REALITY they were: they've been so bad there was no way in hell that they'd beat Tampa or Atlanta twice or even once.

If Cleveland had come to New Orleans I would've bet on Cleveland to win the game. That's just how the Saints are. It's not that they don't have talent, they just don't have an O-line worth a damn. Brees has gotten smashed a lot this year. Hopefully some of those buffoons will get traded or better yet do the league a favor and retire. They need some actual protective lineman.

I agree. I was just saying that was the final nail in the coffin

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1501
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home