Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 8, 2013 23:53

"Sweet Summer Sun" Preview at the Geode (Imax Dome) in Paris on November 4th! That's where I saw "At The Max" in 1991 and right next door to the...Trabendo ! Details here : [www.fnacspectacles.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 23:53 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 9, 2013 00:47

Irix
rogerriffin

[www.amazon.com]

The set also includes the historic 1969 Hyde Park show on a special bonus DVD.

With the 2013 Tracklist ... ? confused smiley

This is why some of us wrote some days ago pointing this out and asking for clarification, without success. And I also want clarification as to why this is the only set it's mentioned on, as far as I can see. Way too early to get too excited about this, unfortunately.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 9, 2013 01:49

I guess we just have to wait and see....

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 9, 2013 02:04

Hearing the bass mixed so loudly in that JJF really drives home why Jones's style doesn't mesh with this band (in my opinion). Obviously they disagree with me but I wish they'd let me sit in with them some time!

Date: October 9, 2013 04:12

US Amazon says the deluxe is a "Number 1 Best Seller" (it has one two-star "review" and a fight has broken out in the comments). None of the inaccuracies in the descriptions are corrected.

And finally, the vinyl package is posted! It costs $58.62 (to be precise). Cheaper from Amazon.ca.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 9, 2013 04:39

Aquamarine
US Amazon says the deluxe is a "Number 1 Best Seller" (it has one two-star "review" and a fight has broken out in the comments). None of the inaccuracies in the descriptions are corrected.

And finally, the vinyl package is posted! It costs $58.62 (to be precise). Cheaper from Amazon.ca.

Interesting...I can't find it on Amazon.ca right now, and yesterday it was $102.

Do you have a link by any chance?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 9, 2013 09:20

Offers on Amazon.com:

[www.amazon.com] (DVD, 1 Disc)

[www.amazon.com] (Blu-ray, 1 Disc)

[www.amazon.com] (DVD + 2CD)

[www.amazon.com] (DVD + T-Shirt)

[www.amazon.com] (DVD + 3LP)

[www.amazon.com] (Deluxe Edition)

The 3LP offer has the title 'DVD/3LP', but the Product Details says 'DVD-Audio' (same on Amazon Canada) ..... confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-09 09:25 by Irix.

Date: October 9, 2013 09:35

Irix
Offers on Amazon.com:

[www.amazon.com] (DVD, 1 Disc)

[www.amazon.com] (Blu-ray, 1 Disc)

[www.amazon.com] (DVD + 2CD)

[www.amazon.com] (DVD + T-Shirt)

[www.amazon.com] (DVD + 3LP)

[www.amazon.com] (Deluxe Edition)

The 3LP offer has the title 'DVD/3LP', but the Product Details says 'DVD-Audio' (same on Amazon Canada) ..... confused smiley

I don't mind so much about DVD audio as I'm buying the deluxe set anyway from amazon.it, (unless we get a price better than 19 Euros!)

Date: October 9, 2013 09:36

treaclefingers
Aquamarine

Interesting...I can't find it on Amazon.ca right now, and yesterday it was $102.

This price thing is getting ridiculous! Here it is Amazon.ca, and it's now down to 30 Canadian $$ + shipping.

Date: October 9, 2013 10:07

Aquamarine
treaclefingers
Aquamarine

This price thing is getting ridiculous! Here it is Amazon.ca, and it's now down to 30 Canadian $$ + shipping.

That's not the deluxe though...that's the 3 LP and DVD (or DVD audio, I think we've yet to actually establish what that single silver shiny disc is). The price of that is pretty good at $30 but hasn't changed since first offered.

I've order the vinyl from amazon.ca, and the deluxe from amazon.it.

EDIT>>>>>>>OK, my bad, you were actually talking about the vinyl edition from amazon.com being so expensive. Because it was about the same price as the deluxe set, I thought you were talking about that.

Yes, pretty expensive on Amazon.com...also the vinyl is pricey on Amazon.it...probably pretty much the same once you factor in exchange. On the UK site it was around 19 GBP which was pretty good but with shipping still more expensive than the Canadian one.

So for the moment anyway, vinyl goes to Canada and deluxe goes to Italy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-09 10:11 by treaclefingers.

Date: October 9, 2013 10:14

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant the vinyl. No, I can't see the deluxe on there either. I've got mine ordered provisionally from the US unless we find out the '69 DVD is just a figment of someone's imagination in which case I'll order the Italian one instead.

Date: October 9, 2013 10:25

Aquamarine
Oh, sorry, I thought you meant the vinyl. No, I can't see the deluxe on there either. I've got mine ordered provisionally from the US unless we find out the '69 DVD is just a figment of someone's imagination in which case I'll order the Italian one instead.

I noticed on the Italian site that they've 'upgraded' to 5 discs so I think you're covered there too...I'd order from amazon.it just in case they bump the price up soon.

What the hell are we going to talk about once this freakin' thing is finally released?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 9, 2013 11:09

treaclefingers
What the hell are we going to talk about once this freakin' thing is finally released?

...How it would have been much better if they'd also released an edition with three CDs, twenty five 7" vinyl singles, a blu-ray and a 3/4 size 100% lamb's wool replica of The Scarf

Date: October 9, 2013 11:40

Spud
treaclefingers

...How it would have been much better if they'd also released an edition with three CDs, twenty five 7" vinyl singles, a blu-ray and a 3/4 size 100% lamb's wool replica of The Scarf

LOL ..... smileys with beer

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: October 9, 2013 11:43

Irix
Spud
treaclefingers

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
smileys with beer

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 9, 2013 15:19

Where do I order this deluxe scarf edition ?......sounds amazing tongue sticking out smiley

sc uk

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 9, 2013 15:42

There's bootleg scarfs all over the internet allready!

beware of low fabric quality, though...

Plus: motive is mostly printed - not woven;
they go 'off' when washed over 30° C.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 9, 2013 16:00

Oh dear !

Sorry !

I didn't mean to set this off again.

I'll get my coat

[...and my scarf]

Date: October 9, 2013 16:40

HighwireC
Irix
Spud
treaclefingers

smileys with beer

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 9, 2013 19:27

Spud
Sorry

Not accepted. Your post was just too darn good smileys with beer Cheers mate

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 9, 2013 21:44

It's getting a bit desperate on the "how many versions" issue.
I got myself the Jap one thinking I'd be safe with that. Possibly buy a vinyl with that.
Now for the book and the 1969 I need to get the deluxe.
Then I still need the vinyl
All in all three versions. sad smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 9, 2013 21:50

treaclefingers
HighwireC
Irix
Spud
treaclefingers

I can't wait for the deluxe Scarf edition. I hear that Pierre's scarf is in the studio at the moment doing scarf overdubs (Keith's scarf is relaxing at home in Connecticut). I don't think Pierre's scarf gets the credit he deserves - it must have been tough for him at Hyde Park having to be draped behind the amps while Keith's scarf was up front in the limelight working his magic on "Scarf me Up".

smileys with beer

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: MichaelsBeard ()
Date: October 9, 2013 23:59

From that JJF video it looks like it's not even full songs from each night on the DVD. On the 6th (from YouTube) Mick throws his blue coat into the air at the start of the song and Keith does his little jig on the right hand side of the stage on the 13th. However, both have made the DVD.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: October 10, 2013 00:19

ohh moaning and moaning,
get a grip,
they are awesome.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: October 10, 2013 01:11

Hello!

I live in Lisboa and spent my Xmas holidays in December 1991 in Paris.
I also saw the Stones at the Max at La Géode!!

22 (twenty two years ago...)

:-)

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: October 10, 2013 01:13

I am lost!
:-(

How many versions are they...?

Date: October 10, 2013 01:15

Lucky you! smiling smiley

Just for the record, I'm allergic to lamb's wool.

Date: October 10, 2013 11:20

JPC in Germany delivers from now until 13-Oct-2013 without shipping costs to Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, Liechtenstein and Switzerland.

JPC offers among others the japanese Editions of 'Sweet Summer Sun', the new japanese SHM-CDs (based on the 2011 DSD-Master) as well as 'Exile On Main Street' as Blu-ray Audio.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-10 11:40 by Irix.

Date: October 10, 2013 15:12

MichaelsBeard
From that JJF video it looks like it's not even full songs from each night on the DVD. On the 6th (from YouTube) Mick throws his blue coat into the air at the start of the song and Keith does his little jig on the right hand side of the stage on the 13th. However, both have made the DVD.

Keith did the jig on the 6th as well smiling smiley

Posted by: mpmternst ()
Date: October 11, 2013 00:44

Amazon.com has finally fixed the track listing for the Hyde Park 1969 DVD Disc 2.

1) Midnight Rambler 2) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 3) I'm Free 4) Eulogy 5) I'm Yours, She s Mine 6) Jumpin Jack Flash 10) Honky Tonk Women 11) Love In Vain 12) Sympathy For The Devil

[www.amazon.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2093
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home