Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 2, 2013 04:58

Gazza
Aquamarine
CousinC
paulywaul

Hmm, the song-list seems to bear a "striking resemblance" to those on the Four Flicks and Biggest Bang DVDs ............. I'll still probably end up buying it though. Mainly because I was actually THERE, not for the contents per se. Christ, how many versions of those same tunes can one watch/listen to ?

Yeah, that's more and more the problem. I really wondered why they didn't more changes to their setlists for those H. Park shows.

For the same reason they wore the same clothes both nights (and Zeppelin did the same at Knebworth '79)--so that they can pick the best performances from each show for the DVD.

Amazing foresight on Zeppelin's part - wearing the same clothes for the release of a show almost three decades later on a medium that hadnt even been invented at the time! Even filming shows for home video release was pretty much unheard of in 1979. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I knew Page was a white witch!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 2, 2013 07:35

treaclefingers
Gazza
Aquamarine
CousinC
paulywaul

Hmm, the song-list seems to bear a "striking resemblance" to those on the Four Flicks and Biggest Bang DVDs ............. I'll still probably end up buying it though. Mainly because I was actually THERE, not for the contents per se. Christ, how many versions of those same tunes can one watch/listen to ?

Yeah, that's more and more the problem. I really wondered why they didn't more changes to their setlists for those H. Park shows.

For the same reason they wore the same clothes both nights (and Zeppelin did the same at Knebworth '79)--so that they can pick the best performances from each show for the DVD.

Amazing foresight on Zeppelin's part - wearing the same clothes for the release of a show almost three decades later on a medium that hadnt even been invented at the time! Even filming shows for home video release was pretty much unheard of in 1979. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I knew Page was a white witch!

This is the Dark Lord we're talking about!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 2, 2013 10:24

oldschool
Gazza
The fact that its cut for other markets is just the Stones and their organisation being a bunch of dicks, delivering poor value for money.

You may be right but I will give them the benefit of the doubt in that there may be exclusive contracts that come into play here which is why the release is different for some countries. Based on my experience Japan often gets versions with bonus features not available in other regions. This practice is nothing new and many bands do it.

There might be reasons we can't see as well. A year or two ago Slash, of GnR fame, released a DVD/ Bluray of his new bands performance in Stoke and for some reason, song licensing issues I believe, the U.S. got a very edited version of the show while you could get the complete show version from Amazon U.K.

So there might be more here then meets the eye.

Well here is some good news -I heard the US and Europe will be getting a special "Scarf edition" which will feature a bonus disc of all of the Scarf's finest performances through the years, PLUS a special Select-a-scarf feature which will allow you to watch the entire Hyde Park performance from the perspective of the Scarf, plus a further bonus disc featuring interviews with the Scarf and exclusive footage of the Scarf "hangin'" with the band backstage before the show (the scene where he sneaks into Lisa's dressing room is a real treat....and wathcjing Keith's reaction when the Scarf drapes himself over Keith's shepherd's pie is priceless!!!). Also will be available in a super-deluxe scarf edition which will come wrapped in a scarf-bound box and will include a piece of the actual scarf hacked off by Keith himself.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 2, 2013 11:02

LOL John. I don't know what you are on, but it must be some mighty good stuff. I want it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 2, 2013 11:29

john lomax
Well here is some good news -I heard the US and Europe will be getting a special "Scarf edition" which will feature a bonus disc of all of the Scarf's finest performances through the years, PLUS a special Select-a-scarf feature which will allow you to watch the entire Hyde Park performance from the perspective of the Scarf, plus a further bonus disc featuring interviews with the Scarf and exclusive footage of the Scarf "hangin'" with the band backstage before the show (the scene where he sneaks into Lisa's dressing room is a real treat....and wathcjing Keith's reaction when the Scarf drapes himself over Keith's shepherd's pie is priceless!!!). Also will be available in a super-deluxe scarf edition which will come wrapped in a scarf-bound box and will include a piece of the actual scarf hacked off by Keith himself.

I don't want to rain on your parade John but there's an ongoing legal issue with the Scarf's image rights and a dispute as to whether he is still bound by a previous contract with Sony .

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 2, 2013 11:37

24FPS
some 70-year-old guys play that tepid music

Sometimes I wonder...
...what ARE some of you guys doin' (a/o looking for) here in the first place!?

You got a POINT to this kind of phrasing, FPS?
Or you just wanna stand out?
(Hard scene for that, I must say.)

Date: October 2, 2013 11:38

Spud
john lomax

I don't want to rain on your parade John but there's an ongoing legal issue with the Scarf's image rights and a dispute as to whether he is still bound by a previous contract with Sony .

Yeah, I'd heard about the Scarf's contractual issues. However, I understand that there is a Plan B if the Scarf edition doesn't happen - a Todger edition. This will have all the same features as the Scarf edition, including Todger-cam and a bonus disc of backstage footage (including a great scene where the Todger drapes itself over Keith's shepherd's pie. Also available in a Super-deluxe Todger edition with a todger-bound leather box, pieces of the Todger personally hacked off by Keith himself, as well as a 100 page book of todger photos and an essay by the Todger himself called "Recollections of a tiny todger".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-02 11:39 by john lomax.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 2, 2013 13:04

john lomax
Spud
john lomax

Yeah, I'd heard about the Scarf's contractual issues. However, I understand that there is a Plan B if the Scarf edition doesn't happen - a Todger edition. This will have all the same features as the Scarf edition, including Todger-cam and a bonus disc of backstage footage (including a great scene where the Todger drapes itself over Keith's shepherd's pie. Also available in a Super-deluxe Todger edition with a todger-bound leather box, pieces of the Todger personally hacked off by Keith himself, as well as a 100 page book of todger photos and an essay by the Todger himself called "Recollections of a tiny todger".

The problem with the Todger edition is that, as a smaller disc, it may not fit the standard player. Also, the performance of the disc may be an issue, as the length falls....[cough] somewhat short of the standard edition.

Also, according to Keith, Marianne has reviewed the Todger edition in the Daily Mail and fans will have no fun with the tiny offerings of the Todger edition.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: October 2, 2013 13:44

Will the CD be the same as this ?

130722A 22nd July: THE ROLLING STONES.
Download-album 'Hyde Park Live' (Promotone B.V.). Recorded live
in London, at Hyde Park, July 6 & 13, 2013. Mixed by Bob Clearmountain.
- Start Me Up (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- It's Only Rock'n Roll (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Tumbling Dice (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Emotional Rescue (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Ruby Tuesday (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Doom And Gloom (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Paint It Black (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Honky Tonk Women (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- You Got The Silver (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Before They Make Me Run (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Miss You (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Midnight Rambler (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Gimme Shelter (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Sympathy For the Devil (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- You Can't Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR) -13.7.2013
- Satisfaction (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 2, 2013 14:16

stonehearted
john lomax
Spud
john lomax

The problem with the Todger edition is that, as a smaller disc, it may not fit the standard player. Also, the performance of the disc may be an issue, as the length falls....[cough] somewhat short of the standard edition.

Also, according to Keith, Marianne has reviewed the Todger edition in the Daily Mail and fans will have no fun with the tiny offerings of the Todger edition.

Doesn't quite 'fill the gap' in my stones collection.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 2, 2013 14:30

Amazon Germany and JPC have now the T-Shirt-Edition too (39.99€):

It was already available on Amazon UK (32.99£).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-02 14:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 2, 2013 14:40

glimmertwin1

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Tracklist for the 2CD on Amazon Germany:

Disk: 1
1. Start Me Up
2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Emotional Rescue
5. Street Fighting Man
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. Doom And Gloom
8. Paint It Black
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. You Got The Silver
11. Before They Make Me Run

Disk: 2
1. Miss You
2. Midnight Rambler
3. Gimme Shelter
4. Jumpin' Jack Flash
5. Sympathy For The Devil
6. Brown Sugar
7. You Can't Always Get What You Want
8. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Seems to be the same as the iTunes 'Hyde Park Live' album. Why should it be something else? Japan only gets a 3rd CD with 'Happy'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-02 14:50 by Irix.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: October 2, 2013 15:57

Irix
glimmertwin1

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Tracklist for the 2CD on Amazon Germany:

Disk: 1
1. Start Me Up
2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Emotional Rescue
5. Street Fighting Man
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. Doom And Gloom
8. Paint It Black
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. You Got The Silver
11. Before They Make Me Run

Disk: 2
1. Miss You
2. Midnight Rambler
3. Gimme Shelter
4. Jumpin' Jack Flash
5. Sympathy For The Devil
6. Brown Sugar
7. You Can't Always Get What You Want
8. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Seems to be the same as the iTunes 'Hyde Park Live' album. Why should it be something else? Japan only gets a 3rd CD with 'Happy'.

Thanks ! So i will buy the bluray.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 2, 2013 16:01

CousinC
Aquamarine
CousinC
paulywaul

This is not new in Stonesland either.They did it before like for At the Max.

But it's still no answer to why they didn't choose some bit more adventurous setlist for their return to the Park knowing it'll be filmed again.

Possibly because they might not have been totally satisfied with some of the performances at the first show - so playing them again gave them another chance to get it right (or in the case of 'Start me Up', to botch the intro again!). Just a hunch, of course. I was only at the first night and to my ears the performance stood on its own merits.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 2, 2013 17:07

3 LPs & DVD for me .
Can't complain about that for £25 !
Maybe pick up the blu ray later .

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 2, 2013 17:13

Irix
Amazon Germany and JPC have now the T-Shirt-Edition too (39.99€):

It was already available on Amazon UK (32.99£).

I am assuming that this kind of package with the t-shirt will be sold in record shops? with what record shops are left in the UK.

Even watching the small promo clip, gets the hairs standing to attention even after all these years.drinking smileyeye popping smiley

Date: October 2, 2013 17:14

I just saw an amazing bootleg box set - both Hyde Park shows in their entirety, on vinyl and CD. So the Scarf mixes will see the light of day after all!!

The same guy was also selling a vinyl box set of the complete El Mocambo show, a Glastonbury vinyl set and also a 21 cd set containing every show of the 50 and Counting tour.

You can't keep a good scarf down!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 2, 2013 18:08

I hear Pierre's scarf has overdubbed "Scarf me up" >grinning smiley<

I'd like to have had IORR from the 1st HP show as Mick name checks Keith before the solo.........Almost unheard of in recent years.

sc uk

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: October 2, 2013 18:30

The Rolling Stones’ return to Hyde Park to be broadcast on BBC1

The BBC will broadcast the Rolling Stones’ stunning live performance which was recorded in Hyde Park in July 2013 on BBC One on Saturday 12th October at 10.35pm.

The first of this year’s Hyde Park concerts took place almost 44 years to the day after The Rolling Stones first invited 200,000 fans to listen to them for free in a legendary concert at the Central London park on 5 July 1969, only two days after the tragic death of founder member Brian Jones – a landmark event, now widely acknowledged as one of the most significant moments in modern music history.

Featuring their greatest hits from across their career, plus a special appearance by former Stones guitarist Mick Taylor – who made his debut with the band at Hyde Park in 1969 – the gig took the huge success of The Rolling Stones’ 50 & Counting anniversary celebrations into a second year, and followed an acclaimed Glastonbury appearance – their debut performance at the festival in a career spanning 50-years.

Acquired from Eagle Rock Entertainment and directed by Paul Dugdale, this 19 camera HD shoot in front of 65,000 fans captures just why The Rolling Stones are still the greatest live Rock n’ Roll band after all these years.

The BBC One broadcast is an abridged version of the full concert full which is released on DVD, BluRay and digital download on 11 November 2013.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-02 18:31 by HighwireC.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 2, 2013 18:32

Hello,

Sorry if I've missed this being posted already, but UK IORRians will see an abridged version of the HP show on Saturday October 12th, courtesy of the BBC.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Odean73: Mike, you may expect more air guitar and horrendous vocals from me, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: October 2, 2013 18:47

SimonN
Hello,

Sorry if I've missed this being posted already, but UK IORRians will see an abridged version of the HP show on Saturday October 12th, courtesy of the BBC.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Odean73: Mike, you may expect more air guitar and horrendous vocals from me, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

After your latest adventure, you can be exscused for more or less anything.>grinning smiley<

Date: October 2, 2013 18:49

HighwireC

The BBC will broadcast the Rolling Stones’ stunning live performance which was recorded in Hyde Park in July 2013 on BBC One on Saturday 12th October at 10.35pm.

The first of this year’s Hyde Park concerts took place almost 44 years to the day after The Rolling Stones first invited 200,000 fans to listen to them for free in a legendary concert at the Central London park on 5 July 1969, only two days after the tragic death of founder member Brian Jones – a landmark event, now widely acknowledged as one of the most significant moments in modern music history.

Thanks.

great news and will have to get some more bottles of wine in and get rid of the mrs for that night.

Featuring their greatest hits from across their career, plus a special appearance by former Stones guitarist Mick Taylor – who made his debut with the band at Hyde Park in 1969 – the gig took the huge success of The Rolling Stones’ 50 & Counting anniversary celebrations into a second year, and followed an acclaimed Glastonbury appearance – their debut performance at the festival in a career spanning 50-years.

Acquired from Eagle Rock Entertainment and directed by Paul Dugdale, this 19 camera HD shoot in front of 65,000 fans captures just why The Rolling Stones are still the greatest live Rock n’ Roll band after all these years.

The BBC One broadcast is an abridged version of the full concert full which is released on DVD, BluRay and digital download on 11 November 2013.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Thanks.

Great news, have to get rid of the Mrs for that night.thumbs upsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-02 18:55 by odean73.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 2, 2013 18:54

Hi Mike,

Hah-hah-hah! Good on ya'! Thanks for the support again...

It'll be interesting to see how the show looked and sounded. Above my efforts...

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: October 2, 2013 18:56

SimonN
Hi Mike,

Hah-hah-hah! Good on ya'! Thanks for the support again...

It'll be interesting to see how the show looked and sounded. Above my efforts...

Cheers,

Simon.

And mine.hot smiley

Date: October 2, 2013 19:06

HighwireC

[www.rollingstones.com]

Wow! Chalk another one up for that magical month of October! Can't wait to hear the opening to SMU! Hope it's the original and not the "cut and paste" version!

Date: October 2, 2013 19:14

Personally, I am OK with them leaving some songs off the Hyde Park DVD here in the states. Certainly they can't completely ignore Hyde Park on the future box set of '50 and Counting. Maybe one or two songs missing from the Hyde Park DVD ends up on the coming box set of '50 and Counting?

Date: October 2, 2013 19:19

October just feels so "Stonesy". smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 2, 2013 19:20

We'll probably get some version of this on our PBS stations here in the states, interrupted every fifteen minutes for fundraising. They shouldn't do that. I never bought the Muddy Waters/Stones DVD because they showed it so much on TV.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 2, 2013 19:35

24FPS
We'll probably get some version of this on our PBS stations here in the states, interrupted every fifteen minutes for fundraising. They shouldn't do that. I never bought the Muddy Waters/Stones DVD because they showed it so much on TV.
you can get it at best buy, avoid the public begging corpartion.how annoying to put pbs on and listen to them begging and trying to sell you some overpriced crap that is in the junk bin for like next to nothing.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 2, 2013 20:37

Interesting that RS.CON refer to the release as "full concert".....have they changed the track listing again ?confused smiley

sc uk

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home