Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 4, 2013 21:00

On JPC there is also a version with 4 Discs, but unfortunately at the moment without Tracklist ..... confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-20 12:05 by Irix.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2013 22:16

Irix
On Amazon Germany and JPC there is now also a Audio-CD with 4 Discs, but unfortunately at the moment without Tracklist or Artwork ..... confused smiley

I grabbed the amazon.it deluxe sets for 19 Euros...nothing approaches that in terms of price that I've seen. That's for the 4 discs and book. I wonder what this new offer could actually be?

I also wonder whose idea it was to come up with so many disparate packages? I mean it's a live album...it's hardly going to sell any copies as it is. Even GRRR! seemed to have fewer options.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 4, 2013 23:09

erad
^ Same here, only cost me around $40NZ with shipping. Btw, are you the same aquamarine who used to post on the Zep forums?

Yes, hello!

Shipping from Canada is $10 for the vinyl, which is a lot but better than having it shipped from Europe or Japan. But if there was a US vinyl package I could use my free Prime shipping!!!

Date: October 4, 2013 23:17

Aquamarine
erad
^ Same here, only cost me around $40NZ with shipping. Btw, are you the same aquamarine who used to post on the Zep forums?

Yes, hello!

Shipping from Canada is $10 for the vinyl, which is a lot but better than having it shipped from Europe or Japan. But if there was a US vinyl package I could use my free Prime shipping!!!

Beauty is you can still 'ditch it' if it comes up on Amazon.com.

Date: October 5, 2013 00:31

True, that's why I went for it. I love Amazon! (Usually.)

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 5, 2013 00:59

Aquamarine

I went for it too, I ordered the Italian Amazon special a week or so ago. Tried to figure it out as best I could with my ancient college Italian. I hope I don't end up with an Italian cover band. Thanks to whoever posted that link, it was a very good price. That's what I always tell myself with Amazon, all those deals are hard to resist!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-05 01:26 by latebloomer.

Date: October 5, 2013 10:30

Where are you (geographically), Latebloomer?

I'd order the Italian deluxe version myself (if the shipping isn't ridiculous), if I could be sure that the US version doesn't really contain a DVD of the '69 show as well. confused smiley

Date: October 5, 2013 15:32

In the Washington DC area, Aquamarine.

Here is the link that I used, it is several pages back on this thread.

[www.amazon.it]

The shipping was 10 euros, probably more than I should have spent, but still the total came out to be less than $40.

I didn't investigate the various offers too much, so there are probably better deals out there.

Good luck!

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 5, 2013 16:18

Aquamarine
erad

Yes, hello!

tom kid here, dunno if you remember me or not haha.

Date: October 5, 2013 16:57

latebloomer
Aquamarine

I went for it too, I ordered the Italian Amazon special a week or so ago. Tried to figure it out as best I could with my ancient college Italian. I hope I don't end up with an Italian cover band. Thanks to whoever posted that link, it was a very good price. That's what I always tell myself with Amazon, all those deals are hard to resist!

I don't even speak Italian and I was able to muddle my way through ordering that deluxe set. Now, hopefully I don't end up with an Italian cover band either!

Date: October 5, 2013 17:07

treaclefingers
latebloomer
Aquamarine

I don't even speak Italian and I was able to muddle my way through ordering that deluxe set. Now, hopefully I don't end up with an Italian cover band either!

Cool treacle, let's hope we both get what we paid for. We'll have to all have a cyber party when the packages arrive. smileys with beer

Date: October 5, 2013 18:02

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
Aquamarine

Cool treacle, let's hope we both get what we paid for. We'll have to all have a cyber party when the packages arrive. smileys with beer

You did better on the delivery charges than I did, I paid 14. Almost as much as the actual Deluxe set! For that reason I bought two deluxe sets as the shipping charge for both was the same.

The accountant in me amortized the shipping across two units.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: October 5, 2013 18:13

I think I am going to pre order the 2 CD DVD combo

Date: October 5, 2013 18:29

Godxofxrock9

I'm not sure where you're ordering from, but I'm finding the Deluxe set, which includes the bluray and the book are nearly the same price.

Even if you don't have a blu ray play now you probably will eventually, they've gotten quite cheap.

Date: October 5, 2013 22:08

treaclefingers
Godxofxrock9

I'm not sure where you're ordering from, but I'm finding the Deluxe set, which includes the bluray and the book are nearly the same price.

Even if you don't have a blu ray play now you probably will eventually, they've gotten quite cheap.
I have 4 blu ray players but that's not the point the deluxe set in the us is 70$ and i don't feel like paying that much right now

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 5, 2013 23:41

Just fell for the japanese blu ray with 2 cds.
I'll go to the record store for the vinyl + dvd package.
I'll refuse to buy the deluxe.
I will not buy the deluxe.
I will not buy it....
Well, maybe...

Date: October 6, 2013 00:48

erad

tom kid here, dunno if you remember me or not haha.

Of course--veteran of the old board. winking smiley

Thanks for the info, Latebloomer and all--sounds to me as if the Italian package will be cheaper than the US one even with shipping. But will it contain the '69 show? Will the US version?? Why so many variations???

Edit: the Italian one lists 5 discs--DVD, blu-ray, 2 CDs, and . . ???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-06 00:52 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 6, 2013 01:57

I'm curious about the '69 DVD (Very careless for Amazon to post the 2013 set list). I have Stones In The Park Bluray, as well as the iTunes 2013 show so I don't feel like buying something I already have. It would probably be unrealistic to expect the full '69 show. I sent a note to Amazon requesting clarification, no response thus far.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: October 6, 2013 07:28

On Amazon Germany they don't list the book but by "numbers of discs" they mention 5; hope the book will be in the set, because they call it the "Deluxe Boxset" - does somebody know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-06 07:28 by gipsy12.

Date: October 6, 2013 09:54

I don't, but as I also want the book I've been comparing the various descriptions, and, for example, the US Amazon says This Deluxe edition contains the 2013 Hyde Park show on DVD, Blu-ray and 2CDs inside of an 11.5' sq hardback 60 page photobook set celebrating the Stones return to Hyde Park. So possibly all the deluxe sets will be packaged this way?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 6, 2013 10:35

I don't know it at the moment, but we will know it for sure on 8th November winking smiley

JPC in Germany lists the Book in the Deluxe Edition, it has nearly the same price and I don't think that Amazon and JPC will sell different Box-sets.

I'm not sure about the 5 Discs - JPC mentions 5 Discs too. Either it's a mistake (they meant 5 items) or the Deluxe Edition in Europe and North America gets 'Stones in the Park' as Bonus like Japan gets a 3rd Audio-CD with 'Happy'.

The RollingStones.com News itself has linked the offer from Amazon of the respective country and the News describes the Deluxe Edition with "60 page book + DVD + Blu-ray + 2CD".

A possibility would be to wait until 8th November for a review here. If your Deluxe Box is still sealed, you can return it to Amazon for a refund.

[www.amazon.com] [www.amazon.ca]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-20 12:15 by Irix.

Date: October 6, 2013 10:47

Well, this is majorly confusing, because the US Amazon lists the DVD, blu-ray, and 2 CDs of the 2013 shows, plus The set also includes the historic 1969 Hyde Park show on a special bonus DVD. But it also says Number of discs: 4!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 6, 2013 14:27

corriecas
No, i mean in the cinema in Holland, not on Tv
Jeroen

11 november in Dutch cinema's winking smiley

[www.pathe.nl]

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: October 6, 2013 16:23

Irix
I don't know it at the moment, but we will know it for sure on 8th November winking smiley

JPC in Germany lists the Book in the Deluxe Edition, it has nearly the same price and I don't think that Amazon and JPC will sell different Box-sets.

I'm not sure about the 5 Discs - JPC mentions 5 Discs too. Either it's a mistake (they meant 5 items) or the Deluxe Edition in Europe and North America gets 'Stones in the Park' as Bonus like Japan gets a 3rd Audio-CD with 'Happy'.

The RollingStones.com News itself has linked the offer from Amazon Germany and the News describes the Deluxe Edition with "60 page book + DVD + Blu-ray + 2CD".

A possibility would be to wait until 8th November for a review here. If your Deluxe Box is still sealed, you can return it to Amazon for a refund.

[www.amazon.com] [www.amazon.ca]

Thank you smiling smiley, so we will see

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 6, 2013 16:32

Lien
corriecas
Jeroen

[www.pathe.nl]

Thanks Lien
Jeroen

Date: October 6, 2013 17:11

Godxofxrock9
treaclefingers
Godxofxrock9

I have 4 blu ray players but that's not the point the deluxe set in the us is 70$ and i don't feel like paying that much right now

Yeah, I don't blame you. Some of us have ordered the deluxe set from Amazon Italy for 19 Euro's so I guess I was just suggesting that might be a good option.

Date: October 6, 2013 17:16

Hey treaclefingers, Aquamarine had a good question...do we get the 69' show with our Italian order? I guess I really don't have much of a clue what the heck I ordered.

Date: October 6, 2013 17:23

treaclefingers
Godxofxrock9
treaclefingers
Godxofxrock9

Yeah, I don't blame you. Some of us have ordered the deluxe set from Amazon Italy for 19 Euro's so I guess I was just suggesting that might be a good option.
I will take it in to consideration

Date: October 6, 2013 17:25

latebloomer
Hey treaclefingers, Aquamarine had a good question...do we get the 69' show with our Italian order? I guess I really don't have much of a clue what the heck I ordered.

I haven't a clue. Has it even been established that the 69 show is being released with one of the other packages?

I've read speculation of that, but I hadn't actually seen that for myself. I understood the 5th disc on the Japan release to be "Tumbling Dice" .... I think that was the song.

I'd had a conversation with Toru about why they'd release essentially a CD single with the 4 other discs.

So if we do get 69 I'd be thrilled but I seriously doubt it. I think that would be advertised.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 6, 2013 18:24

corriecas
Lien
corriecas
Jeroen

[www.pathe.nl]

Thanks Lien
Jeroen
Got my ticket!
Thanks a lot

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2116
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home