Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 7, 2013 01:28

treaclefingers
latebloomer
Hey treaclefingers, Aquamarine had a good question...do we get the 69' show with our Italian order? I guess I really don't have much of a clue what the heck I ordered.

I haven't a clue. Has it even been established that the 69 show is being released with one of the other packages?

I've read speculation of that, but I hadn't actually seen that for myself. I understood the 5th disc on the Japan release to be "Tumbling Dice" .... I think that was the song.

I'd had a conversation with Toru about why they'd release essentially a CD single with the 4 other discs.

So if we do get 69 I'd be thrilled but I seriously doubt it. I think that would be advertised.

That's what it says on the US version: The set also includes the historic 1969 Hyde Park show on a special bonus DVD. However, the track listing it gives for it is the same as for the 2013 show.

Also, the US deluxe version has now gone up to $90! eye popping smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 7, 2013 02:02

Aquamarine
treaclefingers
latebloomer
Hey treaclefingers, Aquamarine had a good question...do we get the 69' show with our Italian order? I guess I really don't have much of a clue what the heck I ordered.

I haven't a clue. Has it even been established that the 69 show is being released with one of the other packages?

I've read speculation of that, but I hadn't actually seen that for myself. I understood the 5th disc on the Japan release to be "Tumbling Dice" .... I think that was the song.

I'd had a conversation with Toru about why they'd release essentially a CD single with the 4 other discs.

So if we do get 69 I'd be thrilled but I seriously doubt it. I think that would be advertised.

That's what it says on the US version: The set also includes the historic 1969 Hyde Park show on a special bonus DVD. However, the track listing it gives for it is the same as for the 2013 show.

Funny I just saw that and went to post it: [www.amazon.com]

$90 is ridiculous.

Also, I see it's listed as only 4 discs Blu Ray/DVD and 2 CDs, although it also mentions " The set also includes the historic 1969 Hyde Park show on a special bonus DVD"

I guess we'll see...I hope the Italian version is the same set!

Date: October 7, 2013 02:34

Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier. I'd order the Italian set (though at least I got the earlier US Amazon price locked in, phew!) if I thought it had the '69 show. And the book.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 7, 2013 09:50

Aquamarine

Almost all versions are now a little bit more expensive:

[www.amazon.com] 10.49$ 13.48$ (DVD, 1 Disc)

[www.amazon.com] 13.99$ 17.98$ (Blu-ray, 1 Disc)

[www.amazon.com] 24.49$ 31.48$ (DVD + 2CD)

[www.amazon.com] 27.99$ (DVD + T-Shirt)

[www.amazon.com] 58.62$ (DVD + 3LP)

[www.amazon.com] 69.99$ 89.98$ 58.99$ (Deluxe Edition)

Prices from 8-Oct-2013 10:40pm. Prices may change as Amazon responds to price changes from competitors.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-09 00:40 by Irix.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 7, 2013 11:15

For some reason jpc.de have cancelled my order so I'm on the market again! It seems Amazon.it is still the best deal for the Deluxe Edition w/book at €24.10 [www.amazon.it] ? Shipping to Europe is €7 only too.

Nice to see Pathe.nl have these theater showings, nothing in France it seems though, why !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 7, 2013 16:16

What performance from Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live would you like to see first?

LIKE this photo to vote for JUMPIN' JACK FLASH

SHARE this photo to vote for START ME UP

The winning video will be posted tomorrow!

[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 7, 2013 16:30

bye bye johnny

What performance from Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live would you like to see first?

Scarf Me Up ..... winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 7, 2013 16:46

"Likes" are outpacing "shares" by a wide margin. Look for 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' tomorrow.

Date: October 7, 2013 16:51

WHEW HOO!

amazon.it is now showing 5 discs for the deluxe set, which I presume/hope means the 1969 show as well.

FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!

That is certainly worth the 19 something euro's I paid for it (they discount the VAT in your shopping cart), and better than the $90 on Amazon.com.

[www.amazon.it]

EDIT...checked the other amazon 'country' sites and found they've almost all been upgraded to say 5 discs. Except for US and Canada...I'm sure they'll change though.

Interesting, while the vinyl version in Canada seems to be the best deal, the deluxe version is currently listed at over $100...quite a disparity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-07 17:08 by treaclefingers.

Date: October 7, 2013 16:56

Irix
Aquamarine

Almost all versions are now a little bit more expensive:

[www.amazon.com] 10.49$ 13.48$ (DVD, 1 Disc)

[www.amazon.com] 13.99$ 17.98$ (Blu-ray, 1 Disc)

[www.amazon.com] 24.49$ 31.48$ (DVD + 2CD)

[www.amazon.com] 27.99$ (DVD + T-Shirt)

[www.amazon.com] ??.??$ (4 Disc Audio-CD)

[www.amazon.com] 69.99$ 89.98$ (Deluxe Edition)

Some schizophrenia here...the deluxe is now $58.99 on amazon.com.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 7, 2013 17:13

treaclefingers
WHEW HOO!

amazon.it is now showing 5 discs for the deluxe set, which I presume/hope means the 1969 show as well.

FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!

That is certainly worth the 19 something euro's I paid for it (they discount the VAT in your shopping cart), and better than the $90 on Amazon.com.

[www.amazon.it]

EDIT...checked the other amazon 'country' sites and found they've almost all been upgraded to say 5 discs. Except for US and Canada...I'm sure they'll change though.

Interesting, while the vinyl version in Canada seems to be the best deal, the deluxe version is currently listed at over $100...quite a disparity.
Tempted to pick this up myself... Already got the vinyl from amazon.ca, so it might be overkill. Will the book, track listings etc be in Italian though?

Date: October 7, 2013 17:24

erad
treaclefingers
WHEW HOO!

FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!

[www.amazon.it]

Tempted to pick this up myself... Already got the vinyl from amazon.ca, so it might be overkill. Will the book, track listings etc be in Italian though?

Good lord, never thought of that.

D'ya think? It listed it originally as NTSC, so for the North American DVD player...I'd be more worried if it shows up as PAL.

I don't think it's overkill, particularly if they give you the 1969 show, all for 19 Euros.

Date: October 7, 2013 17:30

treaclefingers
erad
treaclefingers
WHEW HOO!

FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!

[www.amazon.it]

D'ya think? It listed it originally as NTSC, so for the North American DVD player...I'd be more worried if it shows up as PAL.

I don't think it's overkill, particularly if they give you the 1969 show, all for 19 Euros.
I did go ahead and throw caution to the wind and order it, guess we will wait and see. PAL is for the Asia/Pacific region I believe? It would make sense for it to be in Italian though haha. I live in New Zealand and all of our dvds are PAL. The track listing on the website is all in English though so who knows, probably just the stock standard description that amazon are putting onto every one of their sites though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-07 17:35 by erad.

Date: October 7, 2013 17:41

erad
treaclefingers
erad
treaclefingers
WHEW HOO!

FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!

[www.amazon.it]

I did go ahead and throw caution to the wind and order it, guess we will wait and see. PAL is for the Asia/Pacific region I believe? It would make sense for it to be in Italian though haha. I live in New Zealand and all of our dvds are PAL. The track listing on the website is all in English though so who knows, probably just the stock standard description that amazon are putting onto every one of their sites though.

I'm pretty sure PAL is for Europe. Japan is NTSC as is North America. The rest of the world I think is a mix but mostly PAL.

Date: October 7, 2013 17:47

If the book is just photos like the Ladies & Gentlemen book the language won't really matter. If the tracklistings are in Italian I can live with that. From looking at images of other stones albums on the Italian site the track listings are in English so here's hoping.

Date: October 7, 2013 17:50

erad

PAL is for the Asia/Pacific region I believe?

PAL is the TV-Colour-System mostly in Europe and Australia/New Zealand (720x576 px, 25 fps): [en.wikipedia.org]

NTSC is the other TV-Colour-System mostly in North America and Japan (720x480 px, 29,97 fps): [en.wikipedia.org]

The TV-Colour-System is only important for DVD. Blu-ray has 1920x1080 px and 24 fps for all regions worldwide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-07 18:05 by Irix.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: October 7, 2013 22:07

I don't get it. Does every Deluxe Boxset include the '69er concert? Or is it US only? Any official word an this?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 7, 2013 22:19

There's no reference to the 69 HP show being included with the UK deluxe box...although it is advertised as a 5 disc set??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-07 22:24 by Father Ted.

Date: October 7, 2013 22:31

I wish they'd sort all this out, including the tracklists (as the so-called '69 bonus DVD has the 2013 tracklist), and although I among others have asked for clarification, none has been forthcoming--meanwhile the prices are going up and down like a trampoline. There really doesn't seem a good reason to have so many significantly different, and differently-priced, sets, even though I get that there's a variation between markets.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 8, 2013 00:46

A complete '69 show with a good (Clearmountain?) sound mix would be worthy of its own release, warts and all. I can't see them doing a new DVD as an extra (but I'll gladly take it!).

Date: October 8, 2013 02:58

bleedingman
A complete '69 show with a good (Clearmountain?) sound mix would be worthy of its own release, warts and all. I can't see them doing a new DVD as an extra (but I'll gladly take it!).

Yeah I didn't think so either but they're listing it at Amazon.com and now all the European Amazon sites are listing 5 discs where they had originally listed 4 discs.

I'm not sure we'd get a new sound mix, but it looks promising we'll get the disc....and if you're only paying 19 or so euros like you can get less the VAT on the amazon.it site, that alone is worth the price of admission!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 8, 2013 04:00

treaclefingers
bleedingman

Yeah I didn't think so either but they're listing it at Amazon.com and now all the European Amazon sites are listing 5 discs where they had originally listed 4 discs.

I'm not sure we'd get a new sound mix, but it looks promising we'll get the disc....and if you're only paying 19 or so euros like you can get less the VAT on the amazon.it site, that alone is worth the price of admission!

Well, I have Stones In The Park already so not for me. Still, curious...

Date: October 8, 2013 04:07

bleedingman
treaclefingers
bleedingman

Well, I have Stones In The Park already so not for me. Still, curious...

and what's the production like on that? it's an unauthorized release, correct?

I'd presume if they do release the 69 show the quality would be higher, but maybe I'm just hoping?!

Date: October 8, 2013 05:01

There are a lot of songs that aren't on Stones in the Park. (If you're talking about the one that originated as a TV show.)

Date: October 8, 2013 07:04

Aquamarine
There are a lot of songs that aren't on Stones in the Park. (If you're talking about the one that originated as a TV show.)

even better then! hopefully we'll get confirmation in the next couple of weeks as to what is actually on these sets we've ordered.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 8, 2013 10:51

Full JJF video now available on the RS Smartphone App, looks pretty good, you get a good sense of the massive crowd, more impressive than the Glastonbury footage actually!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: October 8, 2013 10:59

Got the app's message and immediately went to open....

Guess I'm not the only one who noticed the retro shooting angles... Keith and the drinks/cups as a gesture to the famous Keif & COke/Wiskey cans/bottle on the amp. taken in 1972/3.

Date: October 8, 2013 11:02

JJF is fantastic thumbs up

Date: October 8, 2013 11:11

...and yet another version, the horribly overpriced one disc DVD Audio version:

[www.amazon.de]

I think I count 7 versions out there right now in most of the market places, and two particular to Japan. 9 in total, is that right?

EDIT, here are the 7 versions I referenced, on amazon.de:

[www.amazon.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 11:12 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: October 8, 2013 11:14

BTW - a few more thoughts on the JJF:

1. might be wrong but I think this is the version of the 13th! This might suggest that the official issue in Nov. might include "the opposite" blend of the 6th and 13th versions compared to the ITunes issue? might be a good surprise.

2. Great filming, artistically I mean, but I feel as if it is "too artistic"... something that would look odd in 10 years or so.

3. Looks as if the RS decided these pair of shows would be a base for documentary type of product and behaved accordingly. Might be just this JJF but I felt a bit sad on the 2nd look... seems like they deliberately came "to give our last classic great huge RS show". Hope I'm wrong.

4. Doing that rip off trip to London with the boys was one of the best decisions I made in my life that do not connect to my personal life.

5. Thank you RS.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home