Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 12, 2013 04:04

latebloomer
Aquamarine
treaclefingers

There are no turkey emoticons, or eating emoticons so a toast will just have to do!

I couldn't find a turkey for you--will a dancing chicken do?

Turkey....thanksgiving...now??? But it's Colombus Day on Monday...except, of course, if you are Canadian.

Happy Thanksgiving, treaclefingers and to all the other maple leaves who float around IORR!

And a HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY to all our Columbian friends too!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 12, 2013 20:13

Price increase on the Vinyl package on amazon.ca to over $38...hope you've already pre-ordered!

[www.amazon.ca]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 12, 2013 22:11

Gazza
So, the 'bonus footage' you're paying extra for is (probably edited) songs from the 1969 show which have been released multiple times before, the most recently being about 3-4 years ago?

Marvellous.

You have to hand it to the Stones' marketing department, in fairness. Any other band's representatives would baulk at a move like that. Not content with chopping songs off the non-Japanese deluxe editions for no logcal reason, they're actually confident that there's a sizeable enough section of their fanbase who'll go that extra mile to pay over the odds for an item they've bought a few times before if its called 'extra' or 'bonus' footage.

They clearly know their audience.

Gazza - what are you talking about? The 1969 Hyde Park show songs have been released before? As they are from Hyde Park?

Officially or booted?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 12, 2013 22:24

GasLightStreet
Gazza
So, the 'bonus footage' you're paying extra for is (probably edited) songs from the 1969 show which have been released multiple times before, the most recently being about 3-4 years ago?

Gazza - what are you talking about? The 1969 Hyde Park show songs have been released before? As they are from Hyde Park?

Officially or booted?

Official, I think. Bluray here:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: October 13, 2013 00:45

Crowd looks dead in comparison to the Glastonbury one from what ive seen so far

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 13, 2013 00:57

SMU, IORR, RT (obviously), HTW from the 13th, might be some sprinkling of the 6th in IORR, dunno.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 13, 2013 01:05

richie26188
Crowd looks dead in comparison to the Glastonbury one from what ive seen so far

Then you haven't seen enough. (Would they be releasing it if the crowd was dead?)

The Stones in the Park was an official release, though not by the Stones. It was originally a UK TV program. Here's the US release: Stones in the Park DVD. Doesn't seem to be a blu-ray.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 13, 2013 03:31

bleedingman
GasLightStreet
Gazza

Officially or booted?

Official, I think. Bluray here:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

"The Stones in the Park" has been available officially as a home video since about 1983, and later a DVD and blu ray release.

The most recent release - the one you posted the link to - featured the three extra songs (two of them incomplete) which werent included on the original 1969 TV broadcast and home video release.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 13, 2013 17:19

Ohhhh.

I don't know how I didn't know that. Had no idea!

Bonus Tracks??
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 13, 2013 09:17

To call Stones songs that have been played live and recorded previously as Bonus Tracks is nonsense and a poor attempt at marketing. Rolling Stones.com is a questionable business model.

I also think that more consideration should have been addressed as far ast he "50 Cntg" video is concerned. It should have been a collection of select songs from various concerts of the tour from different cities as opposed to just Hyde Park. I think variety is a better approach.

Re: Bonus Tracks??
Date: October 13, 2013 09:30

It's not a "50 Counting" video, it's a Hyde Park video.

Date: October 13, 2013 09:40

Aquamarine

I understand & appreciate your comment. However, if it's only a Hyde Park video then it's only a marketing scheme to make Stones fans relate to the Hyde Park concert from the 60s.

I'm not saying it's wrong but it makes me ambiguous about purchasing the merchandice.

There were amazing performances by the Stones on the recent US Tour, which is more repesentative of that crazy looking Gorilla face.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 13, 2013 09:51

if you mean the japanese bonus tracks. this is not a rolling stones.com thing, this is because of the reason that japanese cds are more expensive than the imports from the usa to japan. so the japanese market gets the bonus tracks to0 give a reason for buying tha japanese cd.... whatever you wanna call, they are called bonus because they are a bonus for this version....

Date: October 13, 2013 09:57

bluesinc.
if you mean the japanese bonus tracks. this is not a rolling stones.com thing, this is because of the reason that japanese cds are more expensive than the imports from the usa to japan. so the japanese market gets the bonus tracks to0 give a reason for buying tha japanese cd.... whatever you wanna call, they are called bonus because they are a bonus for this version....

No offense - Why aren't the bonuses just part of the package itself? For example, when an item for sale is priced at $ 15.99; Why not just price it at $16.00. Do the sellers think that one cent will alter the buyer's decision?

Date: October 13, 2013 10:24

Chris Fountain
Aquamarine

I understand & appreciate your comment. However, if it's only a Hyde Park video then it's only a marketing scheme to make Stones fans relate to the Hyde Park concert from the 60s.

No, I mean it's a video of the 2013 Hyde Park show(s). Obviously there are references to the 1969 show, but that's not the main focus of the film, and neither is the 50-year anniversary or the recent tour. They're not claiming it's a DVD to tie in with the 50 and Counting tour, just that it's a DVD (and blu-ray, and CDs, and vinyl, etc.) of the 2 Hyde Park shows.

Date: October 13, 2013 10:58

Aquamarine
Chris Fountain
Aquamarine

No, I mean it's a video of the 2013 Hyde Park show(s). Obviously there are references to the 1969 show, but that's not the main focus of the film, and neither is the 50-year anniversary or the recent tour. They're not claiming it's a DVD to tie in with the 50 and Counting tour, just that it's a DVD (and blu-ray, and CDs, and vinyl, etc.) of the 2 Hyde Park shows.

Ok- view well taken. I've only seen snippets of the show via Palladium (American Music TV). Why not just capture the best of all shows from the entire tour. They filmed (I think) from every show on subject tour. It's more marketable, and would really favor our interests. I mean if only you are any other were at the concert, then it only serves the attendees of that particular concert itself.

Why not please the Stones fans whom attended concerts from L.A. to D.C.?

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 13, 2013 11:31

Chris Fountain
Aquamarine
Chris Fountain
Aquamarine

Ok- view well taken. I've only seen snippets of the show via Palladium (American Music TV). Why not just capture the best of all shows from the entire tour. They filmed (I think) from every show on subject tour. It's more marketable, and would really favor our interests. I mean if only you are any other were at the concert, then it only serves the attendees of that particular concert itself.

Why not please the Stones fans whom attended concerts from L.A. to D.C.?

because the tour isn´t finished. they´ll come back next year and maybe then you´ll get your 50 and counting dvd(bluray) set in various versions...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 14, 2013 09:04

What I saw on BBC yesterday was just about the blandest Stones gig I have ever seen. This was run of the mill latter day Stones, without any excitement, passion or energy. I really don't understand why we would need the umpteeth mediocre version of Start Me Up, of IORR.

I was surprised about Glastonbury, I really thought that was good. But Hyde Park might be the lamest Stones gig ever.

And I have the deep suspicion much of Jagger's vocals where overdubbed.

Mathijs

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 14, 2013 09:55

>"The Stones in the Park" has been available officially as a home video since about 1983, and later a DVD and blu ray release.

Not in the US! I don't believe it's ever had an official release in any format in the United States (maybe VHS but I'm dubious).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 14, 2013 10:20

Mathijs
What I saw on BBC yesterday was just about the blandest Stones gig I have ever seen. This was run of the mill latter day Stones, without any excitement, passion or energy. I really don't understand why we would need the umpteeth mediocre version of Start Me Up, of IORR.

I was surprised about Glastonbury, I really thought that was good. But Hyde Park might be the lamest Stones gig ever.

Mathijs

thumbs up I haven't seen Glastonbury, but what is the attraction of this product? Just because it's Hyde Park? It's getting too close to Christmas. I'm worried this is the only Stones stocking stuffer we'll be getting.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: October 14, 2013 10:38

Mathijs

Mathijs
I'd love to know why they didn't play CYHMK on at least one of the Hyde Park gigs.
Oh that's right,according to Jagger, the crowd doesn't want to hear too many (supposedly)obscure songs.
Yeah,that'd be the same crowd singing every word of "You Got The Silver"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-14 10:40 by bonddm.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 14, 2013 12:54

gotdablouse
SMU, IORR, RT (obviously), HTW from the 13th, might be some sprinkling of the 6th in IORR, dunno.

Also Sympathy For The Devil and Gimme Shelter sound like they're from the 13th July show. It's still beyond my comprehension why they haven't picked up Gimme Shelter from the first show, which was really hot.

However, Satisfaction sounds like it's from the first show. Being there I remember I was quite impressed by that rendition.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: October 14, 2013 12:57

... some more teasers on YouTube ...

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 14, 2013 19:49

Say what you want, but Ruby Tuesday at HP was one of my finest Stones experiences ever. When the film arrived at that point ... goose pimples. If only the volume at the park could have been close to the volume I played this at my place ...

C

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 14, 2013 19:49

bonddm
Mathijs

Mathijs
I'd love to know why they didn't play CYHMK on at least one of the Hyde Park gigs.
Oh that's right,according to Jagger, the crowd doesn't want to hear too many (supposedly)obscure songs.
Yeah,that'd be the same crowd singing every word of "You Got The Silver"!

They had a two hours limit - two songs of > 10-12 minutes would be 0,25 of the show!! I was at HP 2. show, and Jagger sang very good - very different from what you see in a youtube video. A youtube video is not reliable, when you have to judge the real performance. Go to the consert and then give your opinion, don't make your judgement based on a video on youtube.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 14, 2013 19:58

Um yeah, but there was no reason for them to have a two-hour limit (it was actually less according to the running time) other than their own choice.

Bon Jovi were scheduled for three hours, with fewer opening acts. JLS, who headlined over the Beach Boys on 7th July were scheduled for 45 minutes!

They had a two-hour slot at Glastonbury (they played just under 130 minutes as it turned out)- which was NOT a Stones audience unlike Hyde Park - and were confident enough to play both.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-14 20:03 by Gazza.

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: October 14, 2013 21:17

Maybe they turned it down in Hyde Park to have better quality on the other songs. If you play 23 at this age you're damn exhausted and maybe a few songs could end in a disaster. And it was very hot at that concert days.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 14, 2013 21:35

HighwireC

Poor Keith. Now he can only stroll through a solo. He needs to slow down and play the blues, and cut it out with the up tempo numbers. And the Rolling Stones are a guitar based band, right? Then why is the damn piano player up so high in the mix, plinkety-plinking the same tone on every frickin' song? SFTD and Midnight Rambler are dark songs, not beach ball in the crowd, everybody sing along, come on.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 14, 2013 22:14

24FPS
HighwireC

Poor Keith. Now he can only stroll through a solo. He needs to slow down and play the blues, and cut it out with the up tempo numbers. And the Rolling Stones are a guitar based band, right? Then why is the damn piano player up so high in the mix, plinkety-plinking the same tone on every frickin' song? SFTD and Midnight Rambler are dark songs, not beach ball in the crowd, everybody sing along, come on.

Ever hear the original version of SFTD? It's a piano song!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 14, 2013 23:05

Ross
24FPS
HighwireC

Ever hear the original version of SFTD? It's a piano song!
That might well be, but I hate that new SFTD intro. It takes too long for the guitars to start. My fav SFTD is LA 1975.
And really two full minutes or so of Chuck full up? Come on, he is supposed to add to the music. Not be the only one playing...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home