Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 22, 2013 20:26

Aquamarine
Still can't figure out if this one contains the '69 show--though if it's the same as The Stones in the Park, I've already got it. Sigh, what to do . . .

The only way it could be different from The Stones in the Park is if it includes the missing tracks.
And maybe (like lots of us) you already own one of the versions that includes those as well.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 22, 2013 22:31

I don't, that's the thing . . .

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 22, 2013 22:35

with sssoul
The only way it could be different from The Stones in the Park is if it includes the missing tracks.

Or if it is a better quality smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: October 23, 2013 00:25

Rolling Hansie
with sssoul

Or if it is a better quality smiling smiley

That is the point: the Sound quality, even on the so called remastered Version, is inferior (btw: same thing with L&G) sadly, and this has nothing to do with the Guitar tuning, just a semi-professional tv-recording ....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2013 07:10

interesting update.

amazon.it is showing the Deluxe set unavailable, and not knowing if it will become available again. At least, that's what my online translator says.

It also has no price listed.

I wonder if someone messed up the pricing and they are correcting it...I hope they don't cancel our orders!

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: October 23, 2013 09:04

quote=treaclefingers

Your traslate Is right.

The Rolling Stones - Sweet summer sun - Hyde park live (2CD + BluRay + DVD + Book)
di EAGLE VISION
Attualmente non disponibile.
Ancora non sappiamo quando l'articolo sarà di nuovo disponibile.

I've buy the boxset but i think there is an error on price, 24,10 euro.
I'm sure AMAZON.IT cancelled order with some excuse....
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-23 09:05 by Sici.

Date: October 23, 2013 11:03

Just pre-ordered (yes, I know, Skipstone!) the vinyl/dvd-set.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 23, 2013 12:53

Sici
quote=treaclefingers

Your traslate Is right.

The Rolling Stones - Sweet summer sun - Hyde park live (2CD + BluRay + DVD + Book)
di EAGLE VISION
Attualmente non disponibile.
Ancora non sappiamo quando l'articolo sarà di nuovo disponibile.

I've buy the boxset but i think there is an error on price, 24,10 euro.
I'm sure AMAZON.IT cancelled order with some excuse....
Sici

By now I only got an info/offer from amazon.it to purchase more rock music.

Maybe the reason they take it out is that they reach the limit number of copies for pre-order (if such thing exists). Otherwise, I would like to get cancellation notice before amazon.de will increase the price for pre-orderwinking smiley

Anyway, that monster - GRRR! Superdeluxe - was 40 Euros on amazon.de last year and nobody cancel those orders.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 23, 2013 13:01

...about the Hyde Park '69 DVD's:
there was an 'audio/video'-updated (upgraded) DVD-edition some years ago; and now again, most recently, the so-called "2012 edition".

Is there any difference in quality/ footage/ length/ ...etc., as far as you know?

P.S.: I'd really like to hear from fellow-IORRians who can tell - people that have (seen) both editions...
Please: no random 'ad libs' about the Rolling Stones' marketing machine, their money-grabbing attitude in general, the lack of respect towards their legacy, the farce they made about their jubileum, and the pro's/contra's about the way they're currently opening their vaults, OK. Let's say, I see your point. No need in repeating! Thank you very much.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 23, 2013 13:59

I can't figure any of this out, but I am going to be one unhappy lady if my Italian Amazon order is cancelled.

I guess no news is good news cause I haven't gotten any emails since my initial order.

I am relying on you treaclefingers, to let me know what's happening. smiling smiley

Date: October 23, 2013 14:47

treaclefingers
interesting update.

amazon.it is showing the Deluxe set unavailable, and not knowing if it will become available again. At least, that's what my online translator says.

I wonder if someone messed up the pricing and they are correcting it...I hope they don't cancel our orders!

It is back at amazon.it. But now EUR 41.99 [www.amazon.it]

Date: October 23, 2013 16:35

ironbelly
treaclefingers
interesting update.

Nice! So all they did was a price adjustment, nearly doubling it!

Hope anyone you wanted it was able to order it already! There you go latebloomer, seems like all is good (until you get the cancellation notice from amazon.it in Italian!).

Date: October 23, 2013 18:48

Thanks treacle, I'm gonna focus on the all is good part...until that cancellation notice comes. grinning smiley

Date: October 23, 2013 19:18

RoughJusticeOnYa
...about the Hyde Park '69 DVD's:
there was an 'audio/video'-updated (upgraded) DVD-edition some years ago; and now again, most recently, the so-called "2012 edition".

Is there any difference in quality/ footage/ length/ ...etc., as far as you know?

P.S.: I'd really like to hear from fellow-IORRians who can tell - people that have (seen) both editions...
Please: no random 'ad libs' about the Rolling Stones' marketing machine, their money-grabbing attitude in general, the lack of respect towards their legacy, the farce they made about their jubileum, and the pro's/contra's about the way they're currently opening their vaults, OK. Let's say, I see your point. No need in repeating! Thank you very much.

I have old version from Brazil - DVDS-093 (NTSC)
Only a movie (52 min. 52 sec., 2.2 Gb), 8 tracks (MR, SFM (only part, not listed), Satisfaction, I'm Free, I'm Yours, JJF, HTW, LIV, SFTD), Dolby Digital 2.0 and Dolby Digital 5.0 + subtitles in Portuguese and Spanish. Extras - bio in Portuguese and discography up to Bridges to Babylon

New European version (PAL)bought it recently in fnac - catalog [Network 79522512]. Movie is basically the same in terms of time and size (2.5 Gb).
Tracks
1. Midnight Rambler
2. Street Fighting Man (only part, not listed)
3. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
4. I’m Free
5. I’m Yours She’s Mine
6. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
7. Honky Tonk Women
8. Love in Vain
9. Sympathy for the Devil
Bonus:
• Three previously unseen songs which were filmed at the concert – Mercy, Mercy, Stray Cat Blues and No Expectations. The latter two are incomplete but are included here due to their uniqueness.
• World in Action : Mick Jagger discusses his arrest for drugs possession, from July 1967.
• Mick Jagger press conference on his release from prison, from 1967.
• Rolling Stones news footage of their early fame, from 1964.
• Interview with Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts about their tour of France, from 1971.
Dolby Digital 2.0 and Dolby Digital 5.0 no subtitles.
I believe, extras in this case add appr 2 Gb to the total size of the disc.

When it comes to picture quality, I would say it is not day and night difference between those two.

There should be another version from Germany with the same movie but the size of video files for main movie is vlose to 3.6 Gb.

And we are not talking about European Blue-ray of the same title here winking smiley

Date: October 24, 2013 00:52

treaclefingers
ironbelly
treaclefingers
interesting update.

Nice! So all they did was a price adjustment, nearly doubling it!

Hope anyone you wanted it was able to order it already! There you go latebloomer, seems like all is good (until you get the cancellation notice from amazon.it in Italian!).

latebloomer...last year when they offered the GRRR! Super deluxe package on amazon.de, I nabbed a copy for 30 Euros. I think it sells for 150-180 Euros now. I wish I'd have bought two copies at the time.

Anyway, I have this tingly feeling that we've gotten a damn good deal!

Date: October 24, 2013 01:05

treaclefingers

latebloomer...last year when they offered the GRRR! Super deluxe package on amazon.de, I nabbed a copy for 30 Euros. I think it sells for 150-180 Euros now. I wish I'd have bought two copies at the time.

As a matter of fact GRRR superdeluxe was a bit more. My quotation state total EUR 46.05, including S&H. Anyway, I gave it away sealed for X-mas present.

PS. I am still pissed due to the fact they did not made an offer like that for Charlie Is My Darling Deluxe. angry smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 24, 2013 01:21

Ronnie's got "Sweet Summer Sun" already. He must know somebody.

Look what I've just been given (not the dog!) : )

[twitter.com]

Date: October 24, 2013 02:39

ironbelly
treaclefingers

As a matter of fact GRRR superdeluxe was a bit more. My quotation state total EUR 46.05, including S&H. Anyway, I gave it away sealed for X-mas present.

PS. I am still pissed due to the fact they did not made an offer like that for Charlie Is My Darling Deluxe. angry smiley

This is exactly what I paid...copied and pasted from my invoice on the Amazon.de site:

EUR 33,61
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zwischensumme: EUR 33,61
Verpackung & Versand: EUR 5,73

So I was a bit off, and yes, I didn't include shipping. Sounds as though you paid a bit more.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 24, 2013 10:03

Did anyone see this in a theater yet? I know it played in Germany last night, but it was too far away for me. I'm going next week where it's a 30 minute drive. Btw I like Ronnie's lucky dog in the picture above.smiling smiley

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 24, 2013 14:08

bye bye johnny
Ronnie's got "Sweet Summer Sun" already. He must know somebody.

Look what I've just been given (not the dog!) : )

[twitter.com]
Looks like the two versions I've ordered. cool smiley

Date: October 24, 2013 14:10

I love his dog, I have a bassett hound that looks just like Ronnie's pup.

I hope to go see Sweet Summer Sun in a few week, it's going to play at a theater really close. But, it's the same night as my son's last football game, what to do, what to do....

treaclefingers...I am not quite sure I want to know about your tingly feeling, but I am glad that you are happy about our Italian deal! smiling smiley

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 24, 2013 14:23

^ Yeah I got it for 19 euros as well, pretty stoked with that! Although I am getting the vinyl as well, from amazon.ca which was only $30. All in all quite happy with the prices I got.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 24, 2013 14:43

frankotero
Did anyone see this in a theater yet? I know it played in Germany last night, but it was too far away for me. I'm going next week where it's a 30 minute drive.

Really? I thought they only start screening on Oct. 30.

Date: October 24, 2013 15:43

erad
^ Yeah I got it for 19 euros as well, pretty stoked with that! Although I am getting the vinyl as well, from amazon.ca which was only $30. All in all quite happy with the prices I got.

hey looky there...ditto!

Amazon must be pleased with us.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 24, 2013 17:41

Cousin C, it played in a town about one hour north of Frankfurt. It's on that list buried somewhere in this thread.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 24, 2013 17:49

Can anyone explain if the japanese Blu-ray will work on european Blu-ray players?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 24, 2013 18:25

Amazon Japan says, the Blu-ray Disc is "Region Free (Worldwide Common)", CDJapan says it's Region A only. More about Blu-ray Region Codes here: [en.wikipedia.org]

Which Region Code the japanese Blu-ray has indeed, we will see it from 30th October 2013 on .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-24 18:30 by Irix.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 24, 2013 18:32

latebloomer

I hope to go see Sweet Summer Sun in a few week, it's going to play at a theater really close. But, it's the same night as my son's last football game, what to do, what to do....

Don't be like bv, put your family before the stones. thumbs up

Date: October 24, 2013 19:21

His Majesty
latebloomer

Don't be like bv, put your family before the stones. thumbs up

He's only a sophmore HM, so they'll be plenty more games...but The Stones, how many more opportunities will there be? Ironically, my son is the one who will understand completely if I decide to go to the theater showing instead of his game. He shares my love for the band. It's the rest of my family that will give me grief.

I expect you all to back me up. grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 24, 2013 20:34

The stones in a cinema, whoopee doo... your flesh and blood giving his all, priceless.

grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home