Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 11, 2013 00:51

mpmternst
Amazon.com has finally fixed the track listing for the Hyde Park 1969 DVD Disc 2.

1) Midnight Rambler 2) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 3) I'm Free 4) Eulogy 5) I'm Yours, She s Mine 6) Jumpin Jack Flash 10) Honky Tonk Women 11) Love In Vain 12) Sympathy For The Devil

[www.amazon.com]

My nipples just got hard.

Mind you it's a bit cold outside, I should probably close a window.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 11, 2013 00:55

Great news that the '69 DVD is a real thing, though the track listings are still 1,2,3,4,5,6,10,11, and 12. Plus they're out of order (surely?).

(Just noticed the Japanese versions are now giving an Oct. 30th release date.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-11 01:12 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 11, 2013 01:19

OKAY!! If those are the complete, intact songs for the '69 show, that's a deal breaker. Thanks for the info (such as it is).

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 11, 2013 02:08

DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw
The soundtrack is almost for sure then one of the 13th (will have to check later and compare).

The 6th version (ITunes) has MJ doing a "wooo-wooo" as the song fades. This one doesn't.

The part where RW approaches the left (crowd wise) corner of the stage and KR the right corner, making the people go wild with cheers, was on the 13th as I can recall this moment being the only time I could see RW really...

Anyway: video editors tend to ignore the fact that "people like us" want to get a feeling as close as possible to the "real thing". They tend to be artistic - giving us "what should have been" instead. In the Yes Union/Reunion epic concert film (Denver?) you can see the same 3 seconds of a bunch of overweight people on the crowd cheering during several parts of the show... I hate this but seems as if the bulk of buyers do not care.

This is the 13th, and it's a bit weird since the live album had the version from July 6, where Keith fvcked up the intro a bit...

Well, at least part of is from 13th, since I can see my (happy) face there...tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Date: October 11, 2013 02:38

bleedingman
OKAY!! If those are the complete, intact songs for the '69 show, that's a deal breaker. Thanks for the info (such as it is).

They're the same tracks as on the Stones in the Park film, though those weren't all shown in their entirety. And not necessarily in the order they were played. (I'm sure a couple were missing, in fact.) In fact, given that it's a DVD, this could BE the Stones in the Park film.

Date: October 11, 2013 03:25

Aquamarine
bleedingman

They're the same tracks as on the Stones in the Park film, though those weren't all shown in their entirety. And not necessarily in the order they were played. (I'm sure a couple were missing, in fact.) In fact, given that it's a DVD, this could BE the Stones in the Park film.

Right, so still iffy. Well, I can always cancel yet another order!

Date: October 11, 2013 03:30

bleedingman
Aquamarine
bleedingman

Right, so still iffy. Well, I can always cancel yet another order!

but good lord, regardless that is a bonus. We weren't even expecting that when we ordered the deluxe set in the first place.

Why the hell would you cancel the order if the bonus didn't meet your high standards?

Take it out of the set and throw it like a Frisbee against the wall and you're done!

Problem solved!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 11, 2013 06:58

treaclefingers

Take it out of the set and throw it like a Frisbee against the wall and you're done!

Problem solved!
or
Hang it from the roof. It can be crow repellent.winking smiley

Date: October 11, 2013 08:37

Toru A
treaclefingers

Problem solved!
or
Hang it from the roof. It can be crow repellent.winking smiley

I already have a couple of those...perhaps I can use it as a 'backup' in case one breaks?!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 11, 2013 09:20

Aquamarine
bleedingman

Looks pretty much like it is THE STONES IN THE PARK film, or an edited version of that; the tracks are in the same order as in the film, and not in the order they were played. (Even though there are those three not yet named tunes - the bonus tracks of earlier edition?)

Besides, there seems to be the problem that there most probably aren't all the complete versions of the song. It was filmed in rather difficult conditions with rather primitive gear. For example, the director explained a while ago that the most of "Satisfaction" was simply lost during the concert, the accident he regretted very much. But was joking that probably someone has a nice home theatre version of it now....

But let's have fingers crossed that there will be new footage, or that they have some 'miracle' done in their cleaning of it. But more cynically one could ask, how much they actually put energy to such an extra bonus material, offered barely in version of the box...

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 11, 2013 14:27

So, the 'bonus footage' you're paying extra for is (probably edited) songs from the 1969 show which have been released multiple times before, the most recently being about 3-4 years ago?

Marvellous.

You have to hand it to the Stones' marketing department, in fairness. Any other band's representatives would baulk at a move like that. Not content with chopping songs off the non-Japanese deluxe editions for no logcal reason, they're actually confident that there's a sizeable enough section of their fanbase who'll go that extra mile to pay over the odds for an item they've bought a few times before if its called 'extra' or 'bonus' footage.

They clearly know their audience.

Date: October 11, 2013 14:55

I always thought Stones In The Park would be a good bonus for a Gimme Shelter Deluxe, if only to illustrate the contrast between the British "Hell's Angels" with the real deal who busted up the party at Altamont. It also shows the sloppy, embryonal "Taylor Stones" which became the tight, take-no-prisoners, greatest rock and roll band in the World.

Thanks, as always, for the info, Gazza. Decisions, decisions...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 11, 2013 16:10

That disc no.5 looks very familiar

The Stones In The Park
Tracks
1. Midnight Rambler
2. Street Fighting Man
3. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
4. I’m Free
5. I’m Yours She’s Mine
6. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
7. Honky Tonk Women
8. Love in Vain
9. Sympathy for the Devil
Bonus:
• Three previously unseen songs which were filmed at the concert – Mercy, Mercy, Stray Cat Blues and No Expectations. The latter two are incomplete but are included here due to their uniqueness.
• World in Action : Mick Jagger discusses his arrest for drugs possession, from July 1967.
• Mick Jagger press conference on his release from prison, from 1967.
• Rolling Stones news footage of their early fame, from 1964.
• Interview with Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts about their tour of France, from 1971.

Date: October 11, 2013 17:29

Gazza
So, the 'bonus footage' you're paying extra for is (probably edited) songs from the 1969 show which have been released multiple times before, the most recently being about 3-4 years ago?

Marvellous.

You have to hand it to the Stones' marketing department, in fairness. Any other band's representatives would baulk at a move like that. Not content with chopping songs off the non-Japanese deluxe editions for no logcal reason, they're actually confident that there's a sizeable enough section of their fanbase who'll go that extra mile to pay over the odds for an item they've bought a few times before if its called 'extra' or 'bonus' footage.

Well, I've paid 19 Euro's for all this, not even anticipating when it was first released that we'd get the 1969 disc as a bonus. I don't disagree with you that it's puzzling and ridiculous that they'd chop any songs off this summer's concert(s) and then add them back as a 'bonus', but as far as going the extra mile to pay for this, I don't think I've ever had to pay this little for so much material.

The thing that is really puzzling to me is that they don't seem to have finalized what is actually being offered in the package. Every few days the package seems to change, don't include Emotional Rescue, include it but take off Tumbling Dice, extra bonus disc, incomplete 1969 concert (No SFM? why?) numerical incorrectness in the track listings...does this imply they will include the bonus tracks from the Stones in the Park set?

It's very difficult to keep track of what the hell the actual 'offer' is.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 11, 2013 17:43

The Japanese edition is all about getting the completist to pay up again.

Date: October 11, 2013 18:34

treaclefingers
Gazza

Marvellous.

Well, I've paid 19 Euro's for all this, not even anticipating when it was first released that we'd get the 1969 disc as a bonus. I don't disagree with you that it's puzzling and ridiculous that they'd chop any songs off this summer's concert(s) and then add them back as a 'bonus', but as far as going the extra mile to pay for this, I don't think I've ever had to pay this little for so much material.

The thing that is really puzzling to me is that they don't seem to have finalized what is actually being offered in the package. Every few days the package seems to change, don't include Emotional Rescue, include it but take off Tumbling Dice, extra bonus disc, incomplete 1969 concert (No SFM? why?) numerical incorrectness in the track listings...does this imply they will include the bonus tracks from the Stones in the Park set?

19 Euros is pretty decent in fairness. I'm assuming all this 1969 footage is on the Japanese Deluxe Superfunkacalafragisexy Edition, or whatever its called this week too though, no? Like yourself, I'm pretty much losing the will to live trying to keep track of whats on these releases and what isnt, so if I'm getting some of them mixed up you'll understand why!

Date: October 11, 2013 18:48

Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza

Marvellous.

19 Euros is pretty decent in fairness. I'm assuming all this 1969 footage is on the Japanese Deluxe Superfunkacalafragisexy Edition, or whatever its called this week too though, no? Like yourself, I'm pretty much losing the will to live trying to keep track of whats on these releases and what isnt, so if I'm getting some of them mixed up you'll understand why!

No, I totally understand the confusion. I've purchased through the Italian Amazon, and am simply presuming that it will include the 1969 bonus.

I could be wrong, however they are now listing 5 discs whereas before it was 4 discs. All the European Amazon sites are now listing 5 discs from 4 previously.

That coupled with US Amazon has now listing the tracks on disc 5 would 'seem' as though it's confirmed, but time will tell.

Date: October 11, 2013 18:55

Its a bloody nightmare trying to update a setlists/live releases page with all this nonsense!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 11, 2013 18:57

treaclefingers
Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza

Marvellous.

No, I totally understand the confusion. I've purchased through the Italian Amazon, and am simply presuming that it will include the 1969 bonus.

I could be wrong, however they are now listing 5 discs whereas before it was 4 discs. All the European Amazon sites are now listing 5 discs from 4 previously.

That coupled with US Amazon has now listing the tracks on disc 5 would 'seem' as though it's confirmed, but time will tell.

I'm glad you're keeping up with what's on the Italian edition, treacle...to tell you the truth I'm feeling a little guilty as I haven't looked at it since I ordered it a month ago. Now Gazza says he's losing the will to live over the whole thing. Geez...guess I need to turn in my fan club card. grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 11, 2013 19:15

I see their logic, 50 different versions of same product to mark 50th anniversary. hot smiley

Date: October 11, 2013 19:19

latebloomer
treaclefingers
Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza

Marvellous.

I'm glad you're keeping up with what's on the Italian edition, treacle...to tell you the truth I'm feeling a little guilty as I haven't looked at it since I ordered it a month ago. Now Gazza says he's losing the will to live over the whole thing. Geez...guess I need to turn in my fan club card. grinning smiley

I'd heard that your 'Bangles affirmation' led to your fan club card being revoked already!

Date: October 11, 2013 19:23

treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza

Marvellous.

I'd heard that your 'Bangles affirmation' led to your fan club card being revoked already!

Low blow, treaclefingers...and this, after I tried to keep you from getting hammered by your unfortunate remarks on that other thread...don't look for me to bail you out again.

Date: October 11, 2013 19:46

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza

Marvellous.

Low blow, treaclefingers...and this, after I tried to keep you from getting hammered by your unfortunate remarks on that other thread...don't look for me to bail you out again.

eye popping smiley

Date: October 11, 2013 19:55

treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza

Marvellous.

grinning smiley

eye popping smiley

You do know I was just kidding you, don't you? I added the appropriate smiley: grinning smiley

Makes me wonder what people did before emoticons...couples broke up, family members stopped speaking, wars broke out, I imagine. Who do we thank for that brilliant idea?

Do I need another one, or are we good, now? winking smiley

Posted by: steini ()
Date: October 11, 2013 23:09

Does someone know..
on Keith´s onstage table where he has his Marlboross, nails, lighter, ashtrey, setlist and something that looks like a bell (used in hotel lobbies for example) what is it and for what purpose? You can see it in the Sweet Summer Sun Jumping Jack Flash video around 1:07-8

Date: October 11, 2013 23:49

ironbelly
:
• Three previously unseen songs which were filmed at the concert – Mercy, Mercy, Stray Cat Blues and No Expectations. The latter two are incomplete but are included here due to their uniqueness.

YESSSSSSS!!!! My diary was correct after all, I didn't just imagine they played No Expectations or confuse it with Love in Vain!! Vindication for my teenage self!! hot smiley

I wish the Italian version of the current Hyde Park shows would be a bit more explicit about the 5th disc, so that I can cancel the US order and get it instead. But like everyone else, I'm having difficulty keeping them all straight. I should probably have ordered the Japanese one, since I want the vinyl, but . .

Date: October 12, 2013 01:20

Aquamarine
ironbelly
:

YESSSSSSS!!!! My diary was correct after all, I didn't just imagine they played No Expectations or confuse it with Love in Vain!! Vindication for my teenage self!! hot smiley

I wish the Italian version of the current Hyde Park shows would be a bit more explicit about the 5th disc, so that I can cancel the US order and get it instead. But like everyone else, I'm having difficulty keeping them all straight. I should probably have ordered the Japanese one, since I want the vinyl, but . .

still way cheaper to order the Vinyl from amazon.ca for $30, and the deluxe from amazon.it.

Yeah, hopefully we'll get a tracklisting shortly for disc 5.

Date: October 12, 2013 01:23

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza

Marvellous.

grinning smiley

eye popping smiley

You do know I was just kidding you, don't you? I added the appropriate smiley: grinning smiley

Makes me wonder what people did before emoticons...couples broke up, family members stopped speaking, wars broke out, I imagine. Who do we thank for that brilliant idea?

Do I need another one, or are we good, now? winking smiley

Oh we were never bad...I was using that to mock effect.

We are great! Have a good Thanksgiving Day long weekend...or, at least I will! smileys with beer There are no turkey emoticons, or eating emoticons so a toast will just have to do!

Date: October 12, 2013 03:02

treaclefingers

There are no turkey emoticons, or eating emoticons so a toast will just have to do!

I couldn't find a turkey for you--will a dancing chicken do?

Date: October 12, 2013 03:11

Aquamarine
treaclefingers

There are no turkey emoticons, or eating emoticons so a toast will just have to do!

I couldn't find a turkey for you--will a dancing chicken do?

Turkey....thanksgiving...now??? But it's Colombus Day on Monday...except, of course, if you are Canadian.

Happy Thanksgiving, treaclefingers and to all the other maple leaves who float around IORR!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home