Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 2, 2013 21:13

straycatuk
Interesting that RS.CON refer to the release as "full concert".....have they changed the track listing again ?confused smiley

sc uk

Nope. They're just blissfully unaware that there were two of them.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 2, 2013 23:20

HighwireC
The Rolling Stones’ return to Hyde Park to be broadcast on BBC1

That's great, thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 3, 2013 01:30

Irix
Amazon Germany and JPC have now the T-Shirt-Edition too (39.99€):

It was already available on Amazon UK (32.99£).

Screw the t-shirt, where's the commemorative scarf?

Lee

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 3, 2013 02:07

lmatth8461
Irix
Amazon Germany and JPC have now the T-Shirt-Edition too (39.99€):

It was already available on Amazon UK (32.99£).

Screw the t-shirt, where's the commemorative scarf?

Lee

Isn't there one in the "Ladies & Gentlemen" boxset?

Date: October 3, 2013 06:21

john lomax
oldschool
Gazza
The fact that its cut for other markets is just the Stones and their organisation being a bunch of dicks, delivering poor value for money.

You may be right but I will give them the benefit of the doubt in that there may be exclusive contracts that come into play here which is why the release is different for some countries. Based on my experience Japan often gets versions with bonus features not available in other regions. This practice is nothing new and many bands do it.

There might be reasons we can't see as well. A year or two ago Slash, of GnR fame, released a DVD/ Bluray of his new bands performance in Stoke and for some reason, song licensing issues I believe, the U.S. got a very edited version of the show while you could get the complete show version from Amazon U.K.

So there might be more here then meets the eye.

Well here is some good news -I heard the US and Europe will be getting a special "Scarf edition" which will feature a bonus disc of all of the Scarf's finest performances through the years, PLUS a special Select-a-scarf feature which will allow you to watch the entire Hyde Park performance from the perspective of the Scarf, plus a further bonus disc featuring interviews with the Scarf and exclusive footage of the Scarf "hangin'" with the band backstage before the show (the scene where he sneaks into Lisa's dressing room is a real treat....and wathcjing Keith's reaction when the Scarf drapes himself over Keith's shepherd's pie is priceless!!!). Also will be available in a super-deluxe scarf edition which will come wrapped in a scarf-bound box and will include a piece of the actual scarf hacked off by Keith himself.

Sounds like the making of a fantastic cartoon! smileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 3, 2013 06:50

JumpinJackOLantern
john lomax
Well here is some good news -I heard the US and Europe will be getting a special "Scarf edition" which will feature a bonus disc of all of the Scarf's finest performances through the years, PLUS a special Select-a-scarf feature which will allow you to watch the entire Hyde Park performance from the perspective of the Scarf, plus a further bonus disc featuring interviews with the Scarf and exclusive footage of the Scarf "hangin'" with the band backstage before the show (the scene where he sneaks into Lisa's dressing room is a real treat....and wathcjing Keith's reaction when the Scarf drapes himself over Keith's shepherd's pie is priceless!!!). Also will be available in a super-deluxe scarf edition which will come wrapped in a scarf-bound box and will include a piece of the actual scarf hacked off by Keith himself.

Or an SNL skit

Date: October 3, 2013 06:59

stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern
john lomax

Or an SNL skit

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 3, 2013 13:08

Gazza
straycatuk
Interesting that RS.CON refer to the release as "full concert".....have they changed the track listing again ?confused smiley

sc uk

...Not really, me thinks. It clearly says: ...

"The first of this year’s Hyde Park concerts took place (...)" -

and they continue: "the gig took the huge success of The Rolling Stones’ 50 & Counting anniversary celebrations into a second year (...) The BBC One broadcast is an abridged version of the full concert full which is released on DVD (...)"

This reads to me like:

(a) they confirm that there were actually two hyde Park gigs (wow - they actually KNOW that! Huge relief... winking smiley )
(b) they're specifically refereing to the first of these two;
(c) by doing so, they're actually telling us it'll be thàt (first) one that will be BBC-broadcasted;
(d) simultaneously, the're confirming that it'll be the (full) FIRST of the two Hyde Park gigs that'll be releaed on DVD/ Blu Ray.

Now I realise this most probably doesn't equal all the tracklistings we already saw & commented (I don't know that for sure, though; I don't recall what I already read about that, and I don't have time to 'study' & compare them listings...); but this really IS what the communiqué is telling us in fact, imo.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 3, 2013 13:55

RoughJusticeOnYa

(d) simultaneously, the're confirming that it'll be the (full) FIRST of the two Hyde Park gigs that'll be releaed on DVD/ Blu Ray.

Because of 'Street Fighting Man', 'Ruby Tuesday' and the missing 'All Down The Line', 'Beast of Burden' as well as 'Bitch' it cannot be the full Hyde Park #1 on DVD/Blu-ray.

Setlist Hyde Park #1: [www.iorr.org]

Setlist Hyde Park #2: [www.iorr.org]

Tracklist [DVD Japan] (20 Tracks)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-03 14:10 by Irix.

Posted by: ruchin ()
Date: October 3, 2013 14:18

It's a FULL show (ie. 19 Songs) taken from BOTH shows.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 3, 2013 14:18

No screening in holland this time?????????????????????????
jeroen

Date: October 3, 2013 14:35

ruchin

It's a FULL show (ie. 19 Songs) taken from BOTH shows.

Yes - you can make a own DVD/Blu-ray/Video with the full Hyde Park #2 Setlist from the japanese 'Sweet Summer Sun' DVD/Blu-ray.

But we have to see from which show each song has been taken (apart from the Hyde Park #2 songs).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-03 14:40 by Irix.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 3, 2013 15:10

Irix
RoughJusticeOnYa

Because of 'Street Fighting Man', 'Ruby Tuesday' and the missing 'All Down The Line', 'Beast of Burden' as well as 'Bitch' it cannot be the full Hyde Park #1 on DVD/Blu-ray.

Setlist Hyde Park #1: [www.iorr.org]

Setlist Hyde Park #2: [www.iorr.org]

Tracklist [DVD Japan] (20 Tracks)

Exactly! Thanx for checkin', and sorry I couldn't be bothered to do it myself - winking smiley

So they really phrased that incorrectly, then.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: October 3, 2013 19:38

corriecas
No screening in holland this time?????????????????????????
jeroen
On your own tv bradcasted by the BBC ;-)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 3, 2013 20:28

No, i mean in the cinema in Holland, not on Tv
Jeroen

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: October 3, 2013 22:58

Why we don`t get as many songs as on the Japanese DVD?
They can see Paint It Black, Tumbling Dice, B4 they Make Me Run and Emotional Rescue too.

Posted by: mpmternst ()
Date: October 3, 2013 23:43

Amazon.com has track listings and artwork up now. They've corrected the number of discs included in the $10.49 DVD and the $13.99 Blu-ray.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 3, 2013 23:54

mpmternst
Amazon.com has track listings and artwork up now. They've corrected the number of discs included in the $10.49 DVD and the $13.99 Blu-ray.

[www.amazon.com]

Wow! I had totally missed that the 1969 show was going to be a part of the deluxe edition for $69.99! That settles that!

Ross

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 4, 2013 00:40

mpmternst

[www.amazon.com]

Damn, I was so hoping I would get the 5 disc edition for $10.49. Thanks for the update, just canceled.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 4, 2013 00:54

RoughJusticeOnYa
Gazza
straycatuk

sc uk

...Not really, me thinks. It clearly says: ...

"The first of this year’s Hyde Park concerts took place (...)" -

and they continue: "the gig took the huge success of The Rolling Stones’ 50 & Counting anniversary celebrations into a second year (...) The BBC One broadcast is an abridged version of the full concert full which is released on DVD (...)"

This reads to me like:

(a) they confirm that there were actually two hyde Park gigs (wow - they actually KNOW that! Huge relief... winking smiley )
(b) they're specifically refereing to the first of these two;
(c) by doing so, they're actually telling us it'll be thàt (first) one that will be BBC-broadcasted;

Now I realise this most probably doesn't equal all the tracklistings we already saw & commented (I don't know that for sure, though; I don't recall what I already read about that, and I don't have time to 'study' & compare them listings...); but this really IS what the communiqué is telling us in fact, imo.

You're giving them too much credit. The 'communique' is simply written by someone who doesnt know his arse from his elbow (let alone proofread properly - what does 'full concert full' even mean?). The audio download, cd, dvd, blu ray and TV broadcast will all be taken from two shows. The TV broadcast is an abridged version of what will be commercially released next month.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 00:57 by Gazza.

Date: October 4, 2013 01:00

Stonesfan16

Why we don`t get as many songs as on the Japanese DVD? They can see Paint It Black, Tumbling Dice, B4 they Make Me Run and Emotional Rescue too.

Tracklist on Amazon.com:

1) Start Me Up
2) It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
3) Street Fighting Man
4) Ruby Tuesday
5) Doom And Gloom
6) Honky Tonk Women
7) You Got The Silver
8) Happy
9) Miss You
10) Midnight Rambler
11) Gimme Shelter
12) Jumpin' Jack Flash
13) Sympathy For The Devil
14) Brown Sugar
15) You Can't Always Get What You Want
16) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Bonus Features -
1) Tumbling Dice
2) Paint It Black
3) Before They Make Me Run

There are at the moment 5 different offers:

[www.amazon.com] 10.49$ (DVD, 1 Disc)

[www.amazon.com] 13.99$ (Blu-ray, 1 Disc)

[www.amazon.com] 24.49$ (DVD + 2CD)

[www.amazon.com] 27.99$ (DVD + T-Shirt)

[www.amazon.com] 69.99$ (Deluxe Edition)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 01:05 by Irix.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 4, 2013 01:51

But the track list for the '69 show is obviously wrong and it says 4 discs for the deluxe set, not five. Still confusing. It would be cool if they did include the '69 though.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 4, 2013 03:31

ACK! No vinyl on the US Amazon! angry smiley

Date: October 4, 2013 05:02

Aquamarine

Buy Canada...only $30 bucks! amazon.ca

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: October 4, 2013 09:19

Aussie version still has Emotional Rescue in place of Tumbling Dice.
[www.jbhifionline.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 09:21 by bonddm.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 4, 2013 09:23

treaclefingers
Aquamarine

Buy Canada...only $30 bucks! amazon.ca

I dunnit. cool smiley

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 4, 2013 11:25

^ Same here, only cost me around $40NZ with shipping. Btw, are you the same aquamarine who used to post on the Zep forums?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 11:29 by erad.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: October 4, 2013 16:33

Really still no er
Bonus Features
Additional tracks from the two performances: 1) Tumbling Dice 2) Paint It Black 3) Before They Make Me Run

Track Listing
1) Start Me Up 2) It s Only Rock n Roll 3) Street Fighting Man 4) Ruby Tuesday 5) Doom And Gloom 6) Honky Tonk Women 7) You Got The Silver 8) Happy 9) Miss You 10) Midnight Rambler 11) Gimme Shelter 12) Jumpin Jack Flash 13) Sympathy For The Devil 14) Brown Sugar 15) You Can't Always Get What You Want 16) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Date: October 4, 2013 18:57

erad
^ Same here, only cost me around $40NZ with shipping. Btw, are you the same aquamarine who used to post on the Zep forums?

Good job to the both of you....you can always cancel your order if you find a better deal!

Date: October 4, 2013 19:19

bleedingman
mpmternst

[www.amazon.com]

Damn, I was so hoping I would get the 5 disc edition for $10.49. Thanks for the update, just canceled.

Me too...i knew it was too good to be true but i thought I'd give it a try.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home