Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: October 14, 2013 23:36

Wild Slivovitz
gotdablouse
SMU, IORR, RT (obviously), HTW from the 13th, might be some sprinkling of the 6th in IORR, dunno.

Also Sympathy For The Devil and Gimme Shelter sound like they're from the 13th July show. It's still beyond my comprehension why they haven't picked up Gimme Shelter from the first show, which was really hot.

However, Satisfaction sounds like it's from the first show. Being there I remember I was quite impressed by that rendition.

Satisfaction surely from the 13th show, I was there and I remember every moment. Even I spotted myself on the video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-14 23:40 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 15, 2013 00:37

Ross
24FPS
HighwireC

... some more teasers on YouTube ...

Poor Keith. Now he can only stroll through a solo. He needs to slow down and play the blues, and cut it out with the up tempo numbers. And the Rolling Stones are a guitar based band, right? Then why is the damn piano player up so high in the mix, plinkety-plinking the same tone on every frickin' song? SFTD and Midnight Rambler are dark songs, not beach ball in the crowd, everybody sing along, come on.

Ever hear the original version of SFTD? It's a piano song!

Is it a Farrell's Olde Timey Ice Cream Parlor/Shakey's Pizza kind of happy piano?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 15, 2013 02:03

MoreFastNumbers
Wild Slivovitz
gotdablouse
SMU, IORR, RT (obviously), HTW from the 13th, might be some sprinkling of the 6th in IORR, dunno.

Also Sympathy For The Devil and Gimme Shelter sound like they're from the 13th July show. It's still beyond my comprehension why they haven't picked up Gimme Shelter from the first show, which was really hot.

However, Satisfaction sounds like it's from the first show. Being there I remember I was quite impressed by that rendition.

Satisfaction surely from the 13th show, I was there and I remember every moment. Even I spotted myself on the video.

Surely there's SOMETHING from the first show? confused smiley

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: October 15, 2013 06:25

"paulywaul

Hmm, the song-list seems to bear a "striking resemblance" to those on the Four Flicks and Biggest Bang DVDs ............. I'll still probably end up buying it though. Mainly because I was actually THERE, not for the contents per se. Christ, how many versions of those same tunes can one watch/listen to ?"

Millions yawning smiley)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2013 10:17

Aquamarine
MoreFastNumbers
Wild Slivovitz
gotdablouse

Surely there's SOMETHING from the first show? confused smiley

Very little in what they showed on the BBC...Mick's Shakespeare sonnet is from the 6th for sure, the rest, dunno. Even with panning audience views the 13th can be spotted thanks to the yellow crested lady right in the front of T1!

Still can't believe there is all this footage of the "Bondy gang" in the corner of T3, priceless! Here's one :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: October 15, 2013 13:57

Date: October 15, 2013 14:35

24FPS
Ross
24FPS
HighwireC

... some more teasers on YouTube ...

Poor Keith. Now he can only stroll through a solo. He needs to slow down and play the blues, and cut it out with the up tempo numbers. And the Rolling Stones are a guitar based band, right? Then why is the damn piano player up so high in the mix, plinkety-plinking the same tone on every frickin' song? SFTD and Midnight Rambler are dark songs, not beach ball in the crowd, everybody sing along, come on.

Ever hear the original version of SFTD? It's a piano song!

Is it a Farrell's Olde Timey Ice Cream Parlor/Shakey's Pizza kind of happy piano?

I amazed that you're asking for him to play the blues. That is exactly what he is doing grinning smiley

Posted by: boymacwerter ()
Date: October 15, 2013 20:23

Am I right in thinking that Ronnie wore a red shirt for the 6th and a purple one for the 13th?

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: October 15, 2013 20:33

Yes, you are. That was maybe a little mistake.

Posted by: boymacwerter ()
Date: October 15, 2013 20:35

I'm glad he did! ...so I can tell the shows apart!

Date: October 15, 2013 21:00

Oh, I saw that it's actually wrong, sorry. But it seems like he wore the shirt on both shows. You can see it if you look on the reports of the first and second show here on iorr.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 15, 2013 21:22

Stonesfan16
Oh, I saw that it's actually wrong, sorry. But it seems like he wore the shirt on both shows. You can see it if you look on the reports of the first and second show here on iorr.

Did the Scarf wear the same Keef on both shows or did he wear a different Keef each night?

Date: October 15, 2013 22:29

Was the same Keef smiling smiley

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: October 15, 2013 22:46

'Stoned' as I am, I studied JJF, Sympathy and Satisfaction so far from the youtube videos of the 6th and the Sweet Summer Sun Versions as shown on BBC.
All of them are mixed with highlights from both shows - the Satisfaction intro is from the 13th, while the final bow is definintely from the 6th...
It seems that the final DVD/BluRay release won't include even one song which is from just one night (except for those only played on the 13th)
So everybody who was at one of the HP shows should be satisfied for having a great souvenir of a great evening...smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-15 22:48 by bernard90mike.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 15, 2013 23:32

I just watched this on the BBC iPlayer and was at the 2 HP shows. What a GREAT document of a couple of amazing nights in London this summer!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: October 16, 2013 01:27

I really like how they played SFTD on this tour, great Keith, but Ronnie does a great job on guitar.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: October 16, 2013 04:35

MoreFastNumbers

Didn't Jagger go to the end of the catwalk near the end of Satisfaction on the 13th? And didn't Richards seem to end the solo with a big smile on the catwalk?
No catwalking by either near the end of the BBC video.
Perhaps it is a mix of the two shows.

Date: October 16, 2013 10:47

Medzvel

thumbs up Brilliant!

Date: October 16, 2013 12:30

Best version of "Satisfaction" live I think I may have heard and as with most of you I've heard 100s.

Tight and great tempo. Band enjoying themselves and yep I'll never know why they have one of the greatest guitarist of all time playing E A and D with the ocassional passing B7 on an acoustic guitar but no matter Mr Taylor looked to be really enjoying himself. Even doing some backing vox!

can't wait for Nov 11 cool smiley

Date: October 16, 2013 12:31

ps - thank you for posting Medzvel. Much obliged.

Date: October 16, 2013 17:26

OzHeavyThrobber
Best version of "Satisfaction" live I think I may have heard and as with most of you I've heard 100s.

Tight and great tempo. Band enjoying themselves and yep I'll never know why they have one of the greatest guitarist of all time playing E A and D with the ocassional passing B7 on an acoustic guitar but no matter Mr Taylor looked to be really enjoying himself. Even doing some backing vox!

can't wait for Nov 11 cool smiley

Yeah, I've been wathching this a couple of times now, and it is really great! thumbs up

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: October 16, 2013 22:45

Japanese promo poster

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 16, 2013 23:54

smokeydusky
MoreFastNumbers

Didn't Jagger go to the end of the catwalk near the end of Satisfaction on the 13th? And didn't Richards seem to end the solo with a big smile on the catwalk?

I was there both nights and got the impression that they did most of their catwalking on the 6th (probably to get it in the can in case the weather turned nasty on the 13th) and stayed on stage much more the following Saturday.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 17, 2013 00:10

Not a big fan of the cutting back and forth, only holding each shot for 3 seconds or so. The camera coverage on the Glastonbury show tends to linger a bit so one can savor the moment. This Satisfaction clip is too chaotic for me. I'd even say I prefer some of the better boots from this tour, for the same reason.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: October 17, 2013 00:48

Green Lady
smokeydusky
MoreFastNumbers

I was there both nights and got the impression that they did most of their catwalking on the 6th (probably to get it in the can in case the weather turned nasty on the 13th) and stayed on stage much more the following Saturday.

Here's a video actually from the 13th, showing Jagger going to the end of the catwalk.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 17, 2013 14:51

Green Lady
smokeydusky
MoreFastNumbers

that brings up an interesting point. The DVD would have looked very strange had the shows taken place amidst wildly different weather conditions - which would be a very strong possibility in any normal summer in the UK if they were picking in advance two dates to film.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: October 17, 2013 15:02

As for the Satisfaction I see members of audience that were there only on the 13th. And the performance might be from the 6th? Or only some parts of the video? Does that mean the audience was much better on the 13th? smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 17, 2013 15:21

No.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: October 17, 2013 15:34

Was only kidding. I'm only wondering what factors are taken into account while choosing from which concert shot to be used, especially concerning wide audience shots...

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: October 17, 2013 17:19

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home