Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Date: October 8, 2013 11:20

<Great filming, artistically>

The overhead filming of Charlie's drum kit was innovative, methinks thumbs up

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 8, 2013 11:24

Now on youtube:

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 8, 2013 11:27

gotdablouse
Full JJF video now available on the RS Smartphone App

It's great. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 8, 2013 11:29

The Worst.
Now on youtube:

Thanks to you too

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 8, 2013 11:45

treaclefingers

...and yet another version, the horribly overpriced one disc DVD Audio version:

[www.amazon.de]

I've seen that yesterday: Amazon has changed the strange 4-Disc-Audio-CD to 1-Disc-DVD-Audio. But I'm not sure if this is right: a DVD-Audio? This was technology 13 years ago. Shouldn't it be Blu-ray Audio (HD) instead, as Exile and GRRR! are available as Blu-ray Audio?

treaclefingers

I think I count 7 versions out there right now in most of the market places, and two particular to Japan. 9 in total, is that right?

I had counted 10 different packages until now (iTunes-Download, DVD, Blu-ray, DVD+2CD, Blu-ray+2CD, DVD+3LP, DVD+T-Shirt, DVD-Audio, Deluxe-Edition and Digital Video) from 2 nearly identical concerts .....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 20:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 8, 2013 12:41

Irix
[
I had counted 10 different packages until now (iTunes-Download, DVD, Blu-ray, DVD+2CD, Blu-ray+2CD, DVD+3LP, DVD+T-Shirt, DVD-Audio, Deluxe-Edition and Digital Video) from 2 nearly identical concerts .....

I'd be happy if they add the Bluray 3D version as well

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: October 8, 2013 13:02

Wroclaw
BTW - a few more thoughts on the JJF:

1. might be wrong but I think this is the version of the 13th! This might suggest that the official issue in Nov. might include "the opposite" blend of the 6th and 13th versions compared to the ITunes issue? might be a good surprise.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the video is a cut from BOTH nights! Pay attention to the guy sitting on shoulders and having fireworks in the hand. He appears and disappears throughout the song!

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: October 8, 2013 13:04

I would have prefered London 29th Nov 2012 instead of Hyde Park, It's such a standard gig, Boring setlist and the band is tired in the end of the tour

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: October 8, 2013 13:09

Did you watch the video?

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: October 8, 2013 13:18

Karlos123
Did you watch the video?
Yes I did if you asked me, It was good but I Think they preforms better in smaller venues. I mean we have already seen those standard hits being performed on big outdoor stages so many times. Would have been nice if we got a dvd with one of the 2012 gigs plus the club gigs.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: October 8, 2013 13:31

The soundtrack is almost for sure then one of the 13th (will have to check later and compare).

The 6th version (ITunes) has MJ doing a "wooo-wooo" as the song fades. This one doesn't.

The part where RW approaches the left (crowd wise) corner of the stage and KR the right corner, making the people go wild with cheers, was on the 13th as I can recall this moment being the only time I could see RW really...

Anyway: video editors tend to ignore the fact that "people like us" want to get a feeling as close as possible to the "real thing". They tend to be artistic - giving us "what should have been" instead. In the Yes Union/Reunion epic concert film (Denver?) you can see the same 3 seconds of a bunch of overweight people on the crowd cheering during several parts of the show... I hate this but seems as if the bulk of buyers do not care.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: October 8, 2013 13:42

What bothers me now is that it seems the Japanese verions will be region coded...
At least that's what cdjapan reports...

Date: October 8, 2013 13:43

Wroclaw
The soundtrack is almost for sure then one of the 13th (will have to check later and compare).

The 6th version (ITunes) has MJ doing a "wooo-wooo" as the song fades. This one doesn't.

The part where RW approaches the left (crowd wise) corner of the stage and KR the right corner, making the people go wild with cheers, was on the 13th as I can recall this moment being the only time I could see RW really...

Anyway: video editors tend to ignore the fact that "people like us" want to get a feeling as close as possible to the "real thing". They tend to be artistic - giving us "what should have been" instead. In the Yes Union/Reunion epic concert film (Denver?) you can see the same 3 seconds of a bunch of overweight people on the crowd cheering during several parts of the show... I hate this but seems as if the bulk of buyers do not care.

This is the 13th, and it's a bit weird since the live album had the version from July 6, where Keith fvcked up the intro a bit...

Date: October 8, 2013 14:52

DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw

This is the 13th, and it's a bit weird since the live album had the version from July 6, where Keith fvcked up the intro a bit...

The 13th version was more energetic and faster but here Keith botched (on purpose I guess as his brand name JJF mid song Shpills) some of the riffs at about 02:50 and on. I remember that during the actual show I saw him on the screen at that park and both the sound and video were quite @#$%& up and reminded me (at that moment) Pete Townshend's Monterrey festivals act when he started his extended play with the guitar and mic. stand.

BTW: Check Lavells contribution during the actual show was WAY reduced compared to how high he is on the mix in some part of this clip.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 8, 2013 15:28

I don't know how you all keep straight which version was which night! I was so into it, jumping up and down during each song, that I couldn't have told you any details about them afterwards.

That was a great clip--I love the crowd shots, it's great to be near the front at a show like that but the one thing you miss is a sense of the rest of the crowd, not to mention I couldn't see what was going on on the catwalk, so this is going to be terrific getting to see all those other angles. smiling smiley

Date: October 8, 2013 15:31

Aquamarine
I don't know how you all keep straight which version was which night! I was so into it, jumping up and down during each song, that I couldn't have told you any details about them afterwards.

I recall many details of the 13th JJF since I've spent over an hour on a thamslink train to Luton on the night of 13/14 July., standing, and had little to do but to watch the videos I took with my cellphone....

I know the JJF of the 6th as I've listened to it many times since downloading it from ITunes... (BTW RW is very high on the mix there, which is unusual and I really like it).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 15:35 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 8, 2013 15:46

Stoneswolf
Irix
[

I'd be happy if they add the Bluray 3D version as well

....and there's probably an IMAX version they haven't told us about yet....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2013 17:05

Irix
treaclefingers

...and yet another version, the horribly overpriced one disc DVD Audio version:

[www.amazon.de]

I've seen that yesterday: Amazon has changed the strange 4-Disc-Audio-CD to 1-Disc-DVD-Audio. But I'm not sure if this is right: a DVD-Audio? This was technology 13 years ago. Shouldn't it be Blu-ray Audio (HD) instead, as Exile and GRRR! are available as Blu-ray Audio?

treaclefingers

I think I count 7 versions out there right now in most of the market places, and two particular to Japan. 9 in total, is that right?

I wonder how the hell many copies of this thing they think they're going to sell?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 8, 2013 17:39

Not so much Jagger in the clip. I like that . .

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 8, 2013 17:47

Am I the only one thinking the editing is a bit off?
Watching Keith during the intro, it's like they've pulled clips from both nights and put them together?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 8, 2013 18:38

The US deluxe is back to $60 on Amazon.com.

Date: October 8, 2013 18:49

Aquamarine
The US deluxe is back to $60 on Amazon.com.

More day to day price fluctuations than gold, silver or palladium!

Date: October 8, 2013 20:35

Bonustracks-Update on Amazon UK:

1) Start Me Up
2) Its Only Rock n Roll
3) Street Fighting Man
4) Ruby Tuesday
5) Doom And Gloom
6) Honky Tonk Women
7) You Got The Silver
8) Happy
9) Miss You
10) Midnight Rambler
11) Gimme Shelter
12) Jumpin Jack Flash
13) Sympathy For The Devil
14) Brown Sugar
15) You Can t Always Get What You Want
16) (I Can t Get No) Satisfaction

- Bonus Tracks -

(1) Emotional Rescue
(2) Paint It Black
(3) Before They Make Me Run

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 8, 2013 21:56

Bonus on Amazon.com substitutes "Tumbling Dice" for "Emotional Rescue". Currently; subject to change, etc.

Why not just have the songs remain in context? What's with the "bonus"?

Date: October 8, 2013 22:52

I JUST got this from the Rolling Stones website via email...clearly shows Tumbling Dice still. I'd also thought they'd switched out Emotional Rescue for Tumbling Dice.

I think we not know for sure until we actually open it and play it! :

Start Me Up
It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (But I Like It)
Street Fighting Man
Ruby Tuesday
Doom And Gloom
Honky Tonk Women
You Got The Silver
Happy
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Gimme Shelter
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Bonus Tracks

Tumbling Dice
Paint It Black
Before They Make Me Run

Date: October 8, 2013 23:06

They have to save something from Hyde Park of the 50 and Counting box set that is sure to come next year.

Date: October 8, 2013 23:15

treaclefingers

I JUST got this from the Rolling Stones website via email...clearly shows Tumbling Dice still.

I got this eMail too, but I think the Info in this Mail is a little bit obsolete.

Eagle Rock and RS News are still showing no Bonustracks ..... sad smiley

'Emotional Rescue', 'Paint It Black' and 'Before They Make Me Run' seems to be the general Bonus and Japan gets additionally 'Tumbling Dice' as japanese Edition limited Bonus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 23:30 by Irix.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: October 8, 2013 23:20

AMAZON.COM:

The set also includes the historic 1969 Hyde Park show on a special bonus DVD.

Finally official Released!!!!

[www.amazon.com]

Date: October 8, 2013 23:35

rogerriffin

[www.amazon.com]

The set also includes the historic 1969 Hyde Park show on a special bonus DVD.

With the 2013 Tracklist ... ? confused smiley

Interesting: Amazon.com shows 'Tumbling Dice', 'Paint It Black' and 'Before They Make Me Run' as Bonus .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 23:40 by Irix.

Date: October 8, 2013 23:45

Irix
treaclefingers

I JUST got this from the Rolling Stones website via email...clearly shows Tumbling Dice still.

I got this eMail too, but I think the Info in this Mail is a little bit obsolete.

Eagle Rock and RS News are still showing no Bonustracks ..... sad smiley

'Emotional Rescue', 'Paint It Black' and 'Before They Make Me Run' seems to be the general Bonus and Japan gets additionally 'Tumbling Dice' as japanese Edition limited Bonus.

I think just this once they should give us the extra track, Tumbling Dice, and leave it off the Japanese version, just so they know what it feels like.

Sorry Toru san.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home