Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 28, 2013 16:15

backstreetboy1
andrew t,guess you have not seen this tour?

Huh? Check out the Toronto report threads.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:19

Europe and the rest of the world deserve shows. Do not believe the whiners and naysayers on this site. Go to the shows and don't judge off of youtube. The band is playing great and is worth seeing. Hopefully they do come back to the US as well and play the south and New York. I actually think I am done though having seen three shows counting Brooklyn.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:03

Keiths having fun ....

Says God not Mick Jagger will decide when it ends ....

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:08

slew
Do not believe the whiners and naysayers on this site.

I never did and I never will. smileys with beer Cheers mate

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:52

That was a funny comment by Keith...referring to inspiring and " fathering" the Artic Monkeys and younger bands he said " It's great to know I ( we) fathered something that I don't have to pay palimony to"... made me laugh! He had to say that God will decide when the Stones call it a day, " not Mick Jagger"...still the jealous child who can't let it go!
I do hope that after the Stones circle the world they can return to Madison Square Garden one more time....that would be fitting! God willing, it could be my final and 40th show.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:05

mexico?!?!
por favor señor mick!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:15

mickschix
That was a funny comment by Keith...referring to inspiring and " fathering" the Artic Monkeys and younger bands he said " It's great to know I ( we) fathered something that I don't have to pay palimony to"... made me laugh! He had to say that God will decide when the Stones call it a day, " not Mick Jagger"...still the jealous child who can't let it go!
I do hope that after the Stones circle the world they can return to Madison Square Garden one more time....that would be fitting! God willing, it could be my final and 40th show.

In the same interview he once more praises Charlie very much, that's really nice from him!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:26

mickschix

From this board and shidoobee (StonesDoug) I see more who offer prayers and believe in God than the atheists. Someone should start a thread on that. Are typical Stones fans atheists or believers ? ? ?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:32

triceratops
mickschix

From this board and shidoobee (StonesDoug) I see more who offer prayers and believe in God than the atheists. Someone should start a thread on that. Are typical Stones fans atheists or believers ? ? ?

All Stones fans have faith and are believers - they have to be...

No, don't start a thread. It will get really nasty really quick and Dirty Harry will have to take it out and shoot it.

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:38

See you at telenor arena, oslo!

-TomR

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:23

StonesAustria
VIENNA - AUSTRIA - STADTHALLE - The place to be!!!
Absolutely smileys with beer
They definitely will come to Austria!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: 59rocks ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:35

Hi
HAMBURG IS A MUST !!!

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: June 28, 2013 20:48

I love Verona Arena,
the best for music, build 2000 thousand years ago but very actually for all music.
I see THe Who in this arena, last week play Macca, i hope to see the Stones.
Sici
[mondoturista.com]

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: June 28, 2013 21:03

happy, we´ll meet in vienna when they´re coming smiling smiley

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 28, 2013 21:42

if the Stones will come to europe--sure they will be concerts in germany. Which arenas do you prefer?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 29, 2013 00:01

mickschix

I am with you mickschix. It is a great place to see a concert and my first Stones show was in 75 at MSG . Would love to see them play there one more time.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:26

mickschix

I took it more to mean they will stop when they drop , not a dig at Mick.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 29, 2013 03:57

rollingon
About Scandinavia, is it really only Oslo?

Is there several gigs in Oslo?

No Stockholm, Gothenburg, Helsinki, Kopenhagen?

I hope Oslo is not the only one...

there will be other shows in Scandinavia. Not just Oslo.

People are only reporting on specific info theyve heard about specific cities.

That doesnt mean they arent playing anywhere else.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 29, 2013 04:01

Australia Feb.March ???

Date: June 29, 2013 04:21

I sure hope they call it quits after Hyde Park on the 13th. They have already damaged their legacy enough by carrying on past the Licks tour ten years ago. They would have been much better off to have just retired from touring then and spent the last ten years in the recording studio.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: June 29, 2013 04:58

Atlanta.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 29, 2013 05:39

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
I sure hope they call it quits after Hyde Park on the 13th. They have already damaged their legacy enough by carrying on past the Licks tour ten years ago. They would have been much better off to have just retired from touring then and spent the last ten years in the recording studio.

Yeah. "Damaged".... lol.

(AP) -- The Top 20 Concert Tours ranks artists by average
box office gross per city and includes the average ticket price
for shows in North America. The previous week's ranking is in
parentheses. The list is based on data provided to the trade
publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers.

1. (1) The Rolling Stones; $7,969,276; $346.08.
2. (2) Taylor Swift; $2,072,961; $84.02.
3. (3) Kenny Chesney; $1,829,281; $76.47.
4. (4) Bon Jovi; $1,622,485; $106.01.
5. (New) Fleetwood Mac; $1,426,254; $111.75.

Pretty good for a "damaged" band.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 29, 2013 05:47

maxx
mickschix

I took it more to mean they will stop when they drop , not a dig at Mick.

That's the way I read it too. I don't buy into armchair psychology.

Date: June 29, 2013 06:15

MisterDDDD
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain

Yeah. "Damaged".... lol.

They are living off their name and name only. No denying they do a masterful job of promoting themselves, but they are but a shell of their former selves. The average concert goer has no clue how bad the guitar section is these days. Even Mick looks bored. They should have shut down the rock 'n roll ten years ago. They could still be a decent country or blues band, but rock 'n roll passed them by in 2003.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 29, 2013 07:51

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
MisterDDDD
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain

Yeah. "Damaged".... lol.

They are living off their name and name only. No denying they do a masterful job of promoting themselves, but they are but a shell of their former selves. The average concert goer has no clue how bad the guitar section is these days. Even Mick looks bored. They should have shut down the rock 'n roll ten years ago. They could still be a decent country or blues band, but rock 'n roll passed them by in 2003.

Sigh. Another "expert" chimes in without the benefit of going to a single show on this tour.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: June 29, 2013 07:52

TheLoneRanger

I'm missing the Jack'OLantern guy already.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 29, 2013 09:01

Sipuncula
TheLoneRanger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 09:02 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 29, 2013 09:03

They rock and rock hard.. Street Fighting Man, Whip... Even at this stage in their careers no band can touch them ...

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: June 29, 2013 09:11

In Madrid, the "Palacio de los Deportes" can have 15500 places for concerts

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 29, 2013 09:24

The notion of people who are still alive not doing something they want to do because they are afraid of the effect on their legacy, i.e. how people will think of them after they're dead, is frankly ridiculous. Are they supposed to hide in caves as they get older lest they affect the way people think of them when they were younger? When you're alive, you should wring every ounce of experience of things you love out of that life, because you won't pass this way again.

Well, if you're a Buddhist I guess you might. But still . .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home