Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: Hennishooter ()
Date: July 8, 2013 19:36

[video][/video]Hello you all

more european shows are, as far as I know, plainly rumors , arn´t they ?
If anybody knows anything in particular, e.g. booked arenas, where?, when? it would be too nice to let all the others know and share these most important news, right ?
yours so far
C.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:30

FOR THOSE "WHO CAN'T TELL US"....POST THE INFO UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:39

I can wait...I need/want a break anyway

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 8, 2013 23:13

Anybody knows of some germany-cocerts?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 8, 2013 23:43

Havo
Anybody knows of some germany-cocerts?

There are rumours that they skip Germany this time..............grinning smiley

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 9, 2013 00:17

Havo
Anybody knows of some germany-concerts?

Gazza posted on Rocks off on June 27th the following:

Munich appears to be pencilled in for one night and Berlin for two

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 9, 2013 13:17

Tracked that post down and he seemed to think that the tour would be "concentrated in Scandinavia, Germany and the Netherlands"...probably not set in stone though with the Vienna rumours (but two shows there after none since 1976?) and I can't see how they'd give France/Bercy a miss.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 9, 2013 14:09

Wondering how long it will take between the last Hyde Park show and the announcement of an European tour..

Stil have my doubts about gigs in Europe.. I hope so anyway.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2013 17:25

gotdablouse

Tracked that post down and he seemed to think that the tour would be "concentrated in Scandinavia, Germany and the Netherlands"...probably not set in stone though with the Vienna rumours (but two shows there after none since 1976?) and I can't see how they'd give France/Bercy a miss.

My opinion too, that a possible European Tour will be concentrated at first to France, Netherlands, Germany, Scandinavia. Then Eastern Europe might be an option. Maybe UK & Spain too. I don't think that they will play in Austria if Netherlands and Germany get only 3 shows each. Budapest would be a good central point for Eastern Europe and Austrian fans would have the opportunity to travel either to Munich or Budapest.

Shows in Austria since 1965:

Sept. 17, 1965 Vienna
April 2, 1967 Vienna
Sept. 27, 1970 Vienna
Sept. 1, 1973 Vienna
Sept. 23, 1973 Innsbruck
June 23, 1976 Vienna
July 3, 1982 Vienna
July 31, 1990 Vienna
Aug. 1, 1995 Zeltweg
July 11, 1998 Vienna
May 31, 1999 Imst
June 18, 2003 Vienna
July 14, 2006 Vienna

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-09 20:35 by Irix.

Date: July 9, 2013 17:45

RG

Wondering how long it will take between the last Hyde Park show and the announcement of an European tour..

I guess the announcement will be in September. If we have luck, then already at the beginning of September, otherwise at the end.

The possible European Tour might(!) take place from 11th October to 15th December with also 21 dates (3 shows in 7 countries).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-09 20:30 by Irix.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: July 9, 2013 20:09

Cool. Fall/winter will be better because... travel costs should be lower! Maybe ticket prices will be, too. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:01

To resume the 3 pages, cities with possibility :
- Amsterdam to begin the tour
- Anvers aka Antverpen
- Paris
- Munich
- Berlin
- Hambourg
- Wien
- Oslo
- Stockholm
- Helsinki
- Barcelona
- Bologne

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:37

atip
Cool. Fall/winter will be better because... travel costs should be lower! Maybe ticket prices will be, too. >grinning smiley<
Ticket price, no ! cool smiley

And travel costs (train/plane/hotels) won't be lower if they announce this tour only in september sad smiley

Date: July 9, 2013 22:52

Wow Bologna?

Date: July 9, 2013 23:55

> Wow Bologna? <

I'm wondering that too. The Stones have played 13 shows in Austria and only 15 shows in Italy (see here) from 1965 to 2007. And almost 100 in Germany in the same period of time. This should not mean to omit Germany ..... winking smiley

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 10, 2013 01:17

I still think all the ticket pricing will have to be sorted out very carefully. After our american friends have been, let's say, overcharged, either they stick to the rip off in Europe or they create an iorr transatlantic war.

It's easy to throw some city names to suggest locations, but honestly, how many people in Spain, Italy or Hungary are willing to spend 400 or 500€ for a stones concert? Even in the richer countries, my impression is that there is a general education for saving money and not waste it (that's why they are rich, anyway tongue sticking out smiley). All Europe will continue in a big recession towards the end of the year. Spanish unemployment rate will reach something like 28%. It's not dark yet, but it's gettin there...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 10, 2013 02:24

Torres
I still think all the ticket pricing will have to be sorted out very carefully. After our american friends have been, let's say, overcharged, either they stick to the rip off in Europe or they create an iorr transatlantic war.

It's easy to throw some city names to suggest locations, but honestly, how many people in Spain, Italy or Hungary are willing to spend 400 or 500€ for a stones concert? Even in the richer countries, my impression is that there is a general education for saving money and not waste it (that's why they are rich, anyway tongue sticking out smiley). All Europe will continue in a big recession towards the end of the year. Spanish unemployment rate will reach something like 28%. It's not dark yet, but it's gettin there...

Yep! If they try to sell tickets with such ticket prices like in die US they will have a pretty desaster.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 10, 2013 11:04

MAF
Torres

Yep! If they try to sell tickets with such ticket prices like in die US they will have a pretty desaster.

I assume there will be a mixture of ticketprices like in the US. Perhaps 85 Euro tickets and the rest at normal prices between 99-350/450 Euros equivilant to the US plus the VIP things I am pretty sure.
Like in the US the management will sort out carefully which countries to go to and which have a level that the tickets will be mostly sold out or give them at least the money they want. I speak of the organisors and not the Stones.
you should also not forget that a certain amount of people will pay high prices to see the Stones. Mind you I met a lot of poeple who bought on the secondary market tickets for thousands of Dollars which I would never do. But such clientele exists.

Date: July 10, 2013 11:11

MAF
Torres

Agree, no way local promotors here in Europe will agree to their demands after the USA fiasco...275€ should be the max ticket price (apart from some VIP shite)

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 10, 2013 11:59

marclaff
- Anvers aka Antwerpen
- Paris
- Munich
- Berlin
- Hambourg
- Wien
- Oslo
- Stockholm
- Helsinki
- Barcelona
- Bologne

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 10, 2013 12:02

RoughJusticeOnYa
marclaff
- Anvers aka Antwerpen aka Antwerp
- Paris
- Munich
- Berlin
- Hambourg
- Wien
- Oslo
- Stockholm
- Helsinki
- Barcelona
- Bologne

Now everybody understands.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 10, 2013 12:04

BowieStone
RoughJusticeOnYa
marclaff
- Anvers aka Antwerpen aka Antwerp
- Paris
- Munich
- Berlin
- Hambourg
- Wien
- Oslo
- Stockholm
- Helsinki
- Barcelona
- Bologne

Now everybody understands.

...my kinda guy(?!), you are. winking smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 10, 2013 12:08

Now let's just hope they really gonna play there too.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: July 10, 2013 14:53

Grison
I assume there will be a mixture of ticketprices like in the US. Perhaps 85 Euro tickets and the rest at normal prices between 99-350/450 Euros equivilant to the US plus the VIP things I am pretty sure.
Like in the US the management will sort out carefully which countries to go to and which have a level that the tickets will be mostly sold out or give them at least the money they want. I speak of the organisors and not the Stones.
you should also not forget that a certain amount of people will pay high prices to see the Stones. Mind you I met a lot of poeple who bought on the secondary market tickets for thousands of Dollars which I would never do. But such clientele exists.

At the same time, I purchased a GOLD VIP ticket that had a 1200.00 face value printed on it for 400.00 in the secondary market THAT was for the Philly 2 show, which was awesome, a front row side, right next to the tongue stage. Could see the entire pit, the pit entrance, no one infront of me, and at eye level with Mick and Keith. It was an awesome seat.....AND show. Tons of Americans were gambling that the 85.00 seats were going to win a great view, or pit entrance for that price. When the winners of the 85.00 ticket purchase received their locations, some got upgrades from the venue staff. The upgrades were few and far between, and I wouldn't count on that happening. Ticketmaster also had some flex pricing going on, prices were changing the day of the show, for some more expensive seats. I did purchase my DC show for the full boat of the ticket price, only because it was such an awesome location........I got lucky as it was a second row, next to the tongue on the side.

All that being said, both arena's were looked sold out to the top of the rafters by show time.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 10, 2013 17:03

many places of this list make sense. i'd like wien, but if they do munich i don't know., and if they play holland i don't know about antwerp.
100% amsterdam, paris, 2-3 german towns and 2 scandinavian, this is a prize for the most loyal audiences.
after that, any country is good, spain, some eastern country ,italy.. regarding italy, i don't think they could fill san siro stadium anymore (especially with this kind of prices), but i am sure that they could easily fill miilano forum , rome or bologna arena for multiple dates without any problem.
2-3 concerts in bologna would be really nice: incredibly beautiful town, lot of things to see in bologna and nearby, excellent food, friendly people, not easy to find all these things together in the same place.

Date: July 10, 2013 17:31

You should visit Portugal...

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: July 10, 2013 17:56

don´t believe that the ticket prices are nearly in the renge that they were. the usual tickets would be around 100 euro, and that´s it.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 10, 2013 18:47

bluesinc.
don´t believe that the ticket prices are nearly in the renge that they were. the usual tickets would be around 100 euro, and that´s it.
It's nice that you dream, but face reality: There will be 100 Euro tickets, but only nosebleed ones and that is it.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 10, 2013 19:42

Harm
MAF
Torres

Agree, no way local promotors here in Europe will agree to their demands after the USA fiasco...275€ should be the max ticket price (apart from some VIP shite)

Sounds about right, recent pricing at Bercy :

The Who : €62 to €139
Fleetwood Mac : €51 to €89.50
Celine Dion : €79 to €205
Leonard Cohen : €67.50 to €177.50
McCartney 2009 : €82 to €160
McCartney 2011 : €67.50 to €122.50 (wonder why the price went down...)

Anyway, I don't think the Stones will be able to charge more than €250 for top seats, maybe €300 for the Tongue Pit...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-10 19:50 by gotdablouse.

Date: July 10, 2013 20:20

gotdablouse
Harm
MAF
Torres

Sounds about right, recent pricing at Bercy :

The Who : €62 to €139
Fleetwood Mac : €51 to €89.50
Celine Dion : €79 to €205
Leonard Cohen : €67.50 to €177.50
McCartney 2009 : €82 to €160
McCartney 2011 : €67.50 to €122.50 (wonder why the price went down...)

Anyway, I don't think the Stones will be able to charge more than €250 for top seats, maybe €300 for the Tongue Pit...

I agree, meaning that there will be a 2-3X "discount" in Europe, compared with the US prices. That's the price of having SMU with the correct intro >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home