Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 58
Re: Mabye Nordic Shows
Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: June 27, 2013 14:20

Where have you heard these rumours?

Date: June 27, 2013 14:21

I heard it from a source close to the band, but now the newspapers also have picked it up: [www.aftenposten.no]

Probably, it would be tour start in Holland, according to the paper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 14:23 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 27, 2013 14:29

It would be kind of awesome if they played in Oslo, so a certain big time fan could see them and then actually go home and sleep in his own bed that night. [maps.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 14:45 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: June 27, 2013 14:34

drinking smiley

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 27, 2013 15:29

Fantastic! My new dream is to see the Nordic countries in winter.

I guess they go to the North because this is where the bread is.

Forget about Spain, Italy, and France, my impoverished country going South (pun intented) because of so much waste of public money . Word of expat.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 17:37 by The Joker.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 27, 2013 17:07

Didn’t bother to translate the article from Aftenposten (one of Norway’s more serious newspapers) myself, so used google translate for non-Scandinavians to read:

The Rolling Stones are out on their tour 50 & counting ... Soon this continues as expected in Europe - and Norway, with an indoor concert in Telenor Arena for 23 000 fans sometime in November.

But first the band now make three big concerts in England, having a little holiday and celebrate Mick Jagger's 70th birthday on 26 July. Probably the all-time party on male resort in France.

- Fate
As the first ever Glastonbury was held in 1971, set rock band The Rolling Stones firm as tax refugees in France and recorded their biggest classic Exile on main street. Since they have never played on today's most talked about rock festival. Before this year, 42 years later.

Saturday plays Keith Richards (69), Mick Jagger (69), Ron Wood (66) and Charlie Watts (72) two hours on legendary Pyramid Stage, in front of 125 000 people.

- You know, it's like we finally were destined to play Glastonbury. We have been offered it for years, but turned it down. I see this as a culmination of our British heritage, really. It had to be done, now it is done and then we'll see what happens, says Keith Richards of the band's own website.

Saturday's concert at Glastonbury followed by concerts in Hyde Park in London the next two Saturdays.

Rolling on
But the tour 50 & counting ... is thus not over with it, though no more concerts have been confirmed yet.

According to Aftenposten band starts up again with concerts in Europe this fall, probably in the Netherlands. Then there will be jobs in the northern part of Europe through October and November, with stops in Telenor Arena sometime in November.

What date is still unknown. Even if it only gets one or more concerts.

No fire
Rune Lem with concert promoter Live Nation rejects the Times on Thursday that he has heard anything about that The Rolling Stones are heading to Norway, but still indicates in November as a possible time if anyone was going to happen.

- That's the dumbest rumor I've heard today, said Lem, but tells the newspaper that if there is smoke then there is usually also a fire place.

- But I have not seen anything that is on fire yet.

Live Nation, formerly Gunnar Eide AS, has arranged all previous visit to Norway for the Rolling Stones. Last time was at Valle Hovin in 2007.

More and more
No one should be surprised if it is still live. All rumors were swirling about neglecting's tour in the U.S. and Canada showed up to vote. Also rumors of Glastonbury and a double in Hyde Park.

From the tour tells sources Aftenposten spoke with also about a gang that sparkles and is in far better shape than many had feared, and that Keith Richards småtrøblete fingers are not a hindrance to his game. Quite the opposite.

But this is the last time, 51 years after the band's first concert in London?

- I do not know the answer to that. Honestly. You know that the shutters go down gently now, but I play in the short term. Have always done it, says Mick Jagger to magazine Q.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 27, 2013 17:36

"if there is smoke then there is usually also a fire place"

Indeed.

Re: 6 more shows - then what?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 28, 2013 01:07

straycatuk
It won't end . They are having too much fun

I doubt the fun part, making tons of cash is the more likely reason. Really, lets be realistic.

Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 28, 2013 01:08

Telenor Arena outside Oslo is a horrible place really, just a football Dome, but I realize Spektrum is too small for the 50 stage probably.

Bjornulf

Date: June 28, 2013 01:10

What about Valhall?

Re: What's next? More shows in 2013-2014?
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: June 28, 2013 01:18

bye bye johnny
Colombian TV report has the Stones playing Bogota and/or Medellin next March - [www.noticiascaracol.com]

Google translation [goo.gl] of news reported by [hsbnoticias.com]

Bogota would be great....special guest Andrew Loog Oldham ??

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: June 28, 2013 01:18

Wonderful news, just wonderful smiling smiley As everybody else I got mine setlistdream, but it`s not that important cause I know I will have one of those night that make me feel on the top of the world. If they play Can`t you hear me knocking and M.T continue to stay with band on this second leg, then I can`t ask for more smiling smiley

Re: OT: Now that N. America is over
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 28, 2013 02:36

shakeydeal
The Stones hit all their U.S. "honey holes" this last go-round, with mixed results. Unless they are willing to adjust their guarantee significantly other U.S. markets are off the table. Even with that, I'm just not sure there's a huge demand anymore, particularly in the south. I've covered that area of the country for my job going on 20 years, the Stones are just not that big of a deal down there at this juncture. Single nights in Atlanta and Florida, at the right price, may be the exceptions for them.

Note: Demand is relative here. Their touring machine has huge overhead, with lots of non-revenue producing off days to boot. For the Stones, I suspect a 15K capacity arena is their minimum venue requirement to make it worth their time economically.

I'm also not convinced they can re-visit the U.S. markets just played next year and expect anywhere near the attendance or ticket prices (I'm talking the last minute reductions).

NYC is always a wild card, but people should remember that tickets could still be had with a little effort once December dates approached, and that's when many folks thought it might indeed be the last time.

Time moves on, every dog has its day.

My understanding is that these arena tours generate the same profit as the Stadium tours do with tickets priced at a fraction of the arena tour face value. In other words, I can see them coming back to the US in 2014 and doing Stadiums at $50 to $250 and packing selling them well as people see it as a bargain to see the Rolling Stones. Even easier to fill the Stadiums if they record an album which could easily be done in teh gaps between outtings.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 28, 2013 02:41

i hope they hit europe and latin america, you guys deserve it for sure.

Date: June 28, 2013 02:57

One of the truckers outside Verizon told be they would be back working mid-January for a month or so- he assumed MSG and Florida

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 03:07

andrew t,guess you have not seen this tour?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 28, 2013 06:12

LongBeachArena72
RollingFreak
LongBeachArena72
Would be nice ... except dylan continues to record vital new music and makes it part of his performances. as a result, he's not quite so much an oldies/nostalgia act as The Stones.
Dylan recorded one of his best albums in years and then didn't play it for an entire fall tour right after it was released. I hardly call that making it part of his performances.

Bob's last show -- May 2013, in St Augustine, FL:

Things Have Changed
Love Sick
High Water (For Charley Patton)
Soon after Midnight
Early Roman Kings
Tangled Up in Blue
Pay in Blood
Visions of Johanna
Spirit on the Water
Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
Blind Willie McTell
What Good Am I?
Thunder on the Mountain
Scarlet Town
All Along the Watchtower
Encore:
Ballad of a Thin Man

16 songs.

3 songs from the 60's.

1 song from the 70's.

2 songs from the 80's.

10 songs from the last 15 years (1998-2013), including 4 songs from his very latest album.

Can you imagine The Stones playing over 60% of their set from the last 15 years ... or having a new album they'd play 4 songs from?

Visions of Johanna....wow, that would be awesome. Is he back to playing guitar or due to back problems sitting at the piano?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 28, 2013 07:01

The Sicilian
straycatuk

I doubt the fun part, making tons of cash is the more likely reason. Really, lets be realistic.

If you've seen them from the pit at all on this tour, you'd definitely agree they are having fun. Even Charlie.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 28, 2013 07:03

sonomastone
i hope they hit europe and latin america, you guys deserve it for sure.

Yes, hopefully Latin America. If so I might purchase the entire tongue pit for myself.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 28, 2013 07:52

They will come to us Rockman ... to quote the Cowardly Lion "I do believe I do believe I do believe>" And when they do the new Soundboard from Perth will be as hot as the legendary old soundboard from Perth. Australia, NZ, all of teh Asian market we are waiting and will be rewarded!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 28, 2013 08:49

I really hope for Jyske Bank Boxen in Herning, Denmark. It's said to have good sound, as opposed to Parken Stadium, which can close it's roof completely. The Box can hold 15.000 people. Springsteen played at both like a month ago, and while it was good concerts, the Parken Stadium is hated for it's Amsterdam ArenA-ish acoustics. The Box concert had great sound.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:03

kovach
LongBeachArena72
RollingFreak
LongBeachArena72
Would be nice ... except dylan continues to record vital new music and makes it part of his performances. as a result, he's not quite so much an oldies/nostalgia act as The Stones.
Dylan recorded one of his best albums in years and then didn't play it for an entire fall tour right after it was released. I hardly call that making it part of his performances.

Bob's last show -- May 2013, in St Augustine, FL:

Things Have Changed
Love Sick
High Water (For Charley Patton)
Soon after Midnight
Early Roman Kings
Tangled Up in Blue
Pay in Blood
Visions of Johanna
Spirit on the Water
Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
Blind Willie McTell
What Good Am I?
Thunder on the Mountain
Scarlet Town
All Along the Watchtower
Encore:
Ballad of a Thin Man

16 songs.

3 songs from the 60's.

1 song from the 70's.

2 songs from the 80's.

10 songs from the last 15 years (1998-2013), including 4 songs from his very latest album.

Can you imagine The Stones playing over 60% of their set from the last 15 years ... or having a new album they'd play 4 songs from?

Visions of Johanna....wow, that would be awesome. Is he back to playing guitar or due to back problems sitting at the piano?

Hardly any guitar these days. Was disappointed he didn't do Early Roman Kings last time I saw him, and Visions of Johanna isn't the one we remember, but he's still well worth seeing. My very first show was Dylan, my second was the Stones. smiling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:15

Excellent news! I am in, whatever it takes!

Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:46

VIENNA - AUSTRIA - STADTHALLE - The place to be!!!

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 28, 2013 10:31

About Scandinavia, is it really only Oslo?

Is there several gigs in Oslo?

No Stockholm, Gothenburg, Helsinki, Kopenhagen?

I hope Oslo is not the only one...

Date: June 28, 2013 10:35

The Sicilian
straycatuk

In addition to fun and cash there are also other things, they are ambitious people and they want to make big tours, they want keep up their reputation, they don't want to retire with a small tour, in addition to this there can be other things too, all this thing together are affecting together to their decision making process.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 12:04

GET MY HINT ???

Oh, I think I had enough of your religion
It's tough, it's a state of mind
I don't need it!

Sending a letter
To my mother
I need some loving
Send it to me

I lost my lover
Unfaithful lover
I need some money
Send it to me

I need consoling
Your boy's feeling lonely
Describe her for me

Send it to me

Send it to me
Send it to me
Send it to me
Send it to me

If she can't travel
I can take the mule train
I can take the aeroplane
Send it to me

Yeah, and I'm begging you
Begging you, down on my knees
Baby please, please please
You, you, got to send it, send it, send it
Send it to me
Send her to me

Send her to me
Send her to me
Send her to me

Yeah, I'm sending in a letter
To my sister
In Australia
Sister Marie

Ain't got no lover
No sense of cover
I need some loving
Send it to me

Send it to me
Send it to me
Send it to me
Send it to me

She won't have to watch her step
Seh won't have to relocate
I guarantee her personal security

She don't have to be five foot ten
Or blond or brunette
She don't have to be no social hostess
Send her

She might work in a factory
Right next door to me
In my fantasy
Send her to me

Send her to me
Send her to me
Send her to me
Send her to me

She could be Rumanian
Could be Bubarian
Could be Albanian
Might be Hungarian
Could be Australian
Could be the Alien
Send her to me

Send her to me
Send her to me
Send her to me
Send her to me

Posted by: winos ()
Date: June 28, 2013 14:04

Yep no shortage of great indoor arenas in Oz inc a new venue in Perth (even though I'm in Melb) bring it on....and I'm also wanting a return Tom Petty tour here.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 28, 2013 14:35

rollingon

Helsinki Hartwall Arena is mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Date: June 28, 2013 15:37

erikjjf
rollingon

Helsinki Hartwall Arena is mentioned in the first post of this thread.

I live in Helsinki so if they will come there I will buy the pit ticket no matter the price if I only get a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope there will be a Amex presale...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home