Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758
Current Page: 58 of 58
Re: Sitting or Standing tickets for the new tour?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:23

Yep, the HP party's over :

Nothing beats getting up at 5AM to "earn" your spot in the field, being right at the angle of T3 will be a lasting good memory, more so than "buying" my way into the same spot opposite in T1 a week before. Someone pointed out in the "exciting news" thread that Mick was interested in having "cheap tickets" in the front at HP for the purposes of the DVD, dunno about that, but I think it was a setup that worked well in the end.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 12:14 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 21, 2013 11:28

gotdablouse
Yep, the HP party's over :

Nothing beats getting up at 5 am to "earn" your spot in the field, being right at the angle of T3 will be a lasting good memory, more so than "buying" my way into the same spot opposite in T1 a week before. Someone pointed out in the "exciting news" thread that Mick was interested in having "cheap tickets" in the front at HP for the purposes of the DVD, dunno about that, but I think it was a setup that worked well in the end.

Agree, although my own rationale for getting the infinitely more expensive T1 tickets was that the T1 area was unlikely to be the insane human crush that T3 would in all probability have been. I didn't start my day at 5 am, more like 8 am actually, but I still had to make sure I was there early enough to make sure I was pretty much first through the gate when they opened it, in order to grab a prime spot on the rail. Anyway, as you say - it did work out "in the end". And having just bought the Sweet Summer Sun DVD, yep .... there I am on it cool smiley

What a great memory all in all .........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 21, 2013 11:53

Are the prices in US ou Australian dollars ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2013 12:19

Yep a different experience, I'm glad I got to enjoy both ;-) Unfortunately neither will be an option in Adelaïde as the cheap tickets are way back and there's no flexibility (all seated) for the expensive ones. In fact with the lack of a "tongue pit" it's probably the worst setup since they got back on the road in 2012 :-(

Hope that the likely 2014 stadium shows in Europe won't be like that, but rather Gold/Standard Standing.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 21, 2013 12:30

gotdablouse
Yep a different experience, I'm glad I got to enjoy both ;-) Unfortunately neither will be an option in Adelaïde as the cheap tickets are way back and there's no flexibility (all seated) for the expensive ones. In fact with the lack of a "tongue pit" it's probably the worst setup since they got back on the road in 2012 :-(

Hope that the likely 2014 stadium shows in Europe won't be like that, but rather Gold/Standard Standing.

Yep, the pelouse d'or setup worked great, I have fond memories of being in for the Stade de France show ......... so fingers crossed for some European shows in perhaps the summer of 2014

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 21, 2013 12:42

Stadio Olimpico in Rome July 6 2007 the seating plan went completely out the window! Security overwhelmed! However the seats came in handy for standing on!

Posted by: winos ()
Date: November 21, 2013 12:48

Maybe the prices are in Indonesian rupiah!! Are you serious?

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: November 21, 2013 13:07

OneHit
Australian audiences are TERRIBLE. If there are seats, they WILL sit. And complain about people who don't.

A guy almost punched me in Sydney on the Licks tour for daring to stand up and dance. The dude next to me had the best comeback "Tell Mick Jagger to sit down!" Even Jagger remarked that the crowd was "shy".

The last Melbourne show in 2006 was one big party though!

Posted by: winos ()
Date: November 21, 2013 13:23

Yes Melb was, Sydney as well in 2006 at Olympic stadium very warm night and not many people sitting down!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: November 21, 2013 13:41

exhpart
Stadio Olimpico in Rome July 6 2007 the seating plan went completely out the window! Security overwhelmed! However the seats came in handy for standing on!

Yep, I spent the entire (I do mean entire) show standing on my seat, it was a complete riot up front. Not particularly pleasant I have to say .......

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 21, 2013 13:53

ya know these ticket prices down under are cheaper than what we paid here in the u.s. a little jealous

Date: November 21, 2013 13:56

Checked out the Oval last week..Platinum(on the sides) is first tier and if you get about halfway the view will be AWESOME!!! Wish me luck for the general public sale on Momday...unless I win a couple of tickets on radio over the weekend!

Date: November 21, 2013 15:09

TheGreek
ya know these ticket prices down under are cheaper than what we paid here in the u.s. a little jealous

True, but so far you're comparing arenas in the States to a stadium in Australia. I don't know whether the other Australian shows will also be in stadiums, or in arenas ? Perhaps if one or more of them turn out to be an arena venue, then you might see higher prices for the top categories ...... I wouldn't be surprised at any rate.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: November 21, 2013 16:18

gotdablouse
Nothing beats getting up at 5AM to "earn" your spot in the field, being right at the angle of T3 will be a lasting good memory.

Amen to that thumbs up

Don't think I'll ever be as sunburned as I was that day.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 21, 2013 16:34

Bastion
gotdablouse
Nothing beats getting up at 5AM to "earn" your spot in the field, being right at the angle of T3 will be a lasting good memory.

Amen to that thumbs up

Don't think I'll ever be as sunburned as I was that day.

thumbs upthumbs up
Those were the days.
That's how it used to be for all shows.
A ticket was a ticket and the earliest birds, [rather than the richest], got FOS.

[Was the same with ticket sales come to that. I remember sleeping outside Virgin Records in Sheffiled to get Knebworth tickets in '76 grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 21, 2013 16:40

paulywaul
TheGreek

True, but so far you're comparing arenas in the States to a stadium in Australia. I don't know whether the other Australian shows will also be in stadiums, or in arenas ? Perhaps if one or more of them turn out to be an arena venue, then you might see higher prices for the top categories ...... I wouldn't be surprised at any rate.

They will be in arenas. I'd imagine that the prices will be higher.

Totally different ball game pricing a 16,000 seat arena than a stadium that can accommodate 70,000 as far as supply and demand is concerned.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 21, 2013 18:31

Spud

[Was the same with ticket sales come to that. I remember sleeping outside Virgin Records in Sheffiled to get Knebworth tickets in '76 grinning smiley

Me, outside Liverpool Stadium to get tickets for the Faces in '72. grinning smiley

(Which wasn't an outdoor stadium in today's sense. Gone now. sad smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 18:32 by Aquamarine.

Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 21, 2013 20:02

so unbelievably fcking great....it seems glastonbury and hyde park were the beginning of the big show/stadium portion of the 50 tour.

we'll probably see a few big shows on one continent then they'll bounce over to another.

just doing 5 or 10 gigs is good for the fans because they're not grinding out 50 shows in the states while europe and the rest of the world wait a year.

now if they would knock off this " guest star mick taylor" crap- having him there for the full set would change the songs just enough to escape the ..."stones with daryl,lisa,bernard and chuck in a stadium with a big stage and all the hits"..thing that we've seen a million times since 89.

Date: November 21, 2013 20:23

lem motlow
so unbelievably fcking great....it seems glastonbury and hyde park were the beginning of the big show/stadium portion of the 50 tour.

we'll probably see a few big shows on one continent then they'll bounce over to another.

just doing 5 or 10 gigs is good for the fans because they're not grinding out 50 shows in the states while europe and the rest of the world wait a year.

now if they would knock off this " guest star mick taylor" crap- having him there for the full set would change the songs just enough to escape the ..."stones with daryl,lisa,bernard and chuck in a stadium with a big stage and all the hits"..thing that we've seen a million times since 89.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 21, 2013 20:56

Wow. Just noticed the seat map. That general admission section is terrible. They'll pack it with people who don't know any better, and will only realize when they get to the show that lining up early left them so far from the stage that they can barely see the screens. Awful.

Date: November 21, 2013 21:04

drbryant
Wow. Just noticed the seat map. That general admission section is terrible. They'll pack it with people who don't know any better, and will only realize when they get to the show that lining up early left them so far from the stage that they can barely see the screens. Awful.

Indeed, truly awful. Could they have made it worse ? No. Could people find themselves further away from the stage ? Hardly. I really cannot imagine that anyone who so much as casts a cursory glance at the seating plan will actually buy a ticket for that area. No seat, and a totally non-existent view !! Who in the blazes dreamt that one up ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 21:05 by paulywaul.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758
Current Page: 58 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home