Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Jimmy Page at london record fair
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 21, 2013 15:30

Hi i saw jimmy page at record fair in london buying recods,so i asked him if he had bought any led zepplin cds or records ,he say you never know,he did not look so well,very skinny and haggard,not like our rolling stones,so we should be happy they still here and rocking the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 18:31 by bv.

Re: jimmy page at london record fair
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 21, 2013 15:37

Here he is at the fair with Dave Lewis and Dave's new book about Knebworth '79 (buy it, y'all!):

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: November 21, 2013 16:27

I wonder if Pagey will sign any of the bootleg Led Zeppelin LPs that may be for sale? I have purchased my share of bootleg LPs from similar fairs. Before eBay, fairs were one of the only places one could find them.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 21, 2013 16:34

He looks good here..... All the best to Jimmy... BTW Page does listen to LZ Bootlegs.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 21, 2013 16:39

MILKYWAY
I wonder if Pagey will sign any of the bootleg Led Zeppelin LPs that may be for sale? I have purchased my share of bootleg LPs from similar fairs. Before eBay, fairs were one of the only places one could find them.

Very doubtful. He gave evidence in Glasgow Sheriff Court against a guy who had been selling Zep bootlegs here (I was at the record fare and saw the arrest, etc). The guy got a prison sentence.

Date: November 21, 2013 16:43

teleblaster
MILKYWAY

Very doubtful. He gave evidence in Glasgow Sheriff Court against a guy who had been selling Zep bootlegs here (I was at the record fare and saw the arrest, etc). The guy got a prison sentence.
WTF.... Pink Floyd got me arrested once..

Date: November 21, 2013 17:30

teleblaster
MILKYWAY

Irony being Page is one of the biggest buyers of LZ bootlegs, especially in Japan. He's a total completist with regard to anything involving the band.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 21, 2013 17:39

Aquamarine
teleblaster
MILKYWAY

Irony being Page is one of the biggest buyers of LZ bootlegs, especially in Japan. He's a total completist with regard to anything involving the band.

Talk about double standards. They also included bootleg snippets in the official DVD.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 21, 2013 18:10

LieB
Aquamarine

Talk about double standards.

I think he (as well as the Stones) tolarate boots as long as it remains a Japan-only thing. In the early 90's when (thx to a loophole in the European laws) you could almost buy TSP cds at your local supermarket, well Sony weighted in to have the loophole fixed (and I do think Jagger backed the initiative).

The fact that LZ boots are now almost a Japan-only thing and a super-niche market (with titles often pressed to 50 or 100 copies) certainly pleases Jimmy.

Another thing could be that (unlike what happened in the 90's) official record sales are so poor that NO artist gives a damn about boots anymore! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 18:13 by dcba.

Date: November 21, 2013 18:36

thumbs up
Aquamarine
teleblaster
MILKYWAY

Re: OT: Jimmy Page at london record fair
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 21, 2013 19:03

did the op actually say "page didnt look well,skinny and haggard,not like our rolling stones"

he looks to be in better shape than anyone in the stones not named mick jagger.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 21, 2013 19:13

dcba
LieB
Aquamarine

Talk about double standards.

I think he (as well as the Stones) tolarate boots as long as it remains a Japan-only thing. In the early 90's when (thx to a loophole in the European laws) you could almost buy TSP cds at your local supermarket, well Sony weighted in to have the loophole fixed (and I do think Jagger backed the initiative).

The fact that LZ boots are now almost a Japan-only thing and a super-niche market (with titles often pressed to 50 or 100 copies) certainly pleases Jimmy.

Another thing could be that (unlike what happened in the 90's) official record sales are so poor that NO artist gives a damn about boots anymore! >grinning smiley<

That's how I got my first CD boot, but it was from an independant record shop and was Voodoo Kiss - New Orleans '94 - Kiss the Stone not TSP..........still love that show.....

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 21, 2013 19:13

lem motlow
did the op actually say "page didnt look well,skinny and haggard,not like our rolling stones"

he looks to be in better shape than anyone in the stones not named mick jagger.

Here, here! thumbs up

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 21, 2013 21:19

DoomandGloom
teleblaster
MILKYWAY

WTF.... Pink Floyd got me arrested once..
what did you do ? did you steal the pig on the wings ?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:19

Hope I bump into him at the Utrecht Fair. I'll be there Saturday afternoon Jimmy if you're reading this, ha-ha. But seriously I've heard one or two other stories of him in London record shops. Maybe he's just a maniac rock and roller like us.winking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:32

Aquamarine
Here he is at the fair with Dave Lewis and Dave's new book about Knebworth '79 (buy it, y'all!):

Has Jimmy Page been hanging around Bill Clinton?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:38

What's happened to the rumoured expanded editions of the Zep catalogue ? I thought we were getting 4cd versions of each album.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:40

I'd say he looks better, despite pusing 70, in 2013 than he did in 1983:

Date: November 21, 2013 22:49

tomcasagranda
What's happened to the rumoured expanded editions of the Zep catalogue ? I thought we were getting 4cd versions of each album.

Quoting someone on another forum, here is the gist of an interview Jimmy gave recently:

They're coming next year, hopefully early next year.
All of the audio is finished.
Every album will be packaged with a companion disc featuring different mixes, possibly of every song.
There will be unreleased studio material.
There's a version of Since I've Been Loving You which is "totally different" "incredible" and "raw"
"Each disc will give a really intimate picture of the group"

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:53

Aquamarine
tomcasagranda

Quoting someone on another forum, here is the gist of an interview Jimmy gave recently:

They're coming next year, hopefully early next year.
All of the audio is finished.
Every album will be packaged with a companion disc featuring different mixes, possibly of every song.
There will be unreleased studio material.
There's a version of Since I've Been Loving You which is "totally different" "incredible" and "raw"
"Each disc will give a really intimate picture of the group"

If a tour is planned, they will sell out every venue within minutes.

Date: November 21, 2013 22:58

It isn't, and it won't be.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 21, 2013 23:37

Aquamarine
It isn't, and it won't be.

The 1980 tour was more than enough as a "farewell" to the fans <sarc>

Date: November 22, 2013 01:14

<sarc> = sick, sorry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home