Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 14, 2013 17:58

O2
corriecas
Waiting for the other Leg, starting in Amsterdam , october or November !!!
jeroen

european tour October-November 2013

14 concerts at the moment

start at Zigodome (Amsterdam)
Austria
Norway
Germany
Belgium
France

I repeat at the moment only 14 concerts..

Source: a close friend of Gay Mercader (spanish promoter of a lot stones concert in Spain and who brough Stones fisrt time in Spain in 1976)

Very unfair if Oslo is the only city in the whole Scandinavia, so maybe only one gig in the whole Scandinavia... I know Keith is pissed off to Sweden because of that bad review in 2006 but at least Helsinki should be added... And only 14 gigs in the whole continental Europe... I hope this will change.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: July 14, 2013 19:21

mr edward
No gig is worth more then 100 EUR. And that's stretching it.

Yes, but we (Nth Americans) paid through the roof anyway, and now it's your (Europeans) turn! grinning smiley

Sacrifice at the altar of the Rolling Stones, mighty Gods of the Universe.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: July 14, 2013 20:30

rollingon
O2
corriecas
Waiting for the other Leg, starting in Amsterdam , october or November !!!
jeroen

european tour October-November 2013

14 concerts at the moment

start at Zigodome (Amsterdam)
Austria
Norway
Germany
Belgium
France

I repeat at the moment only 14 concerts..

Source: a close friend of Gay Mercader (spanish promoter of a lot stones concert in Spain and who brough Stones fisrt time in Spain in 1976)

Very unfair if Oslo is the only city in the whole Scandinavia, so maybe only one gig in the whole Scandinavia... I know Keith is pissed off to Sweden because of that bad review in 2006 but at least Helsinki should be added... And only 14 gigs in the whole continental Europe... I hope this will change.

I don't think "Keith is pissed off to Sweden because of that bad review..." Stones shows have been sold out in Sweden since they began to tour there in 1964. One single journalist doesn't change all that to Keith.

Is it really over?
Posted by: nickm8 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:39

Hyde park night 2 great set list i know the show was great. Are they really gonna end 50 years now is it the final last show??? i really hope not ROLLING STONES FOREVER!!!

Re: Is it really over?
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:47

I doubt it is over. I hope it is NOT over.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:58

As maxx noticed on the "Hyde Park #2" thread, Mick Jageer wrote on Twitter yesterday:

"Looking forward to tomorrow's Hyde Park show. It's been a fantastic tour so far & great to finish this leg in our hometown!"

"A fantastic tour so far", "finish this leg"...

I don't think such a dramatic change had took place in the last hours.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 14, 2013 03:01

Hope it's not over,we luv 'em Down Under too,be great to have 'em here again.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 14, 2013 03:05

it is not yet determined. maybe some promoter will make them an offer they can't refuse, maybe not. This could easily have been the last show. Some day, they will do a last show but nobody will know in advance; they would never announce it, there will just be no more. We will see if this is it. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything written on twitter or anywhere else.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 14, 2013 03:32

I don't get the thing with promoters. If they want to play, they will surely make plenty of money with whoever is the promoter. If they are too greedy, however... would they rather stop?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 14, 2013 03:44

MartinB
I don't get the thing with promoters. If they want to play, they will surely make plenty of money with whoever is the promoter. If they are too greedy, however... would they rather stop?

ah yes, this is the dilemma that that band has faced for 25 years... we know bill wyman's answer...

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:06

Keep in mind also that the new dynamic is only about 10 shows a month and you have to have hotel, equipment, staff, stage trucks, everybody being paid from just 1 gig every 3 days. I don't think they're going to back down from this ticket strategy if they go forward; $300-600 for the majority of an arena's tickets and doing large outdoor Glasto/Sarstock/Rio/Mumbai/Hyde Park -type gigs.

Hopefully the band will continue to meet up in July in London before KR returns to Connecticut, take a look at where they feel they're at, and maybe feed off the last 3 months vibe while they're all still in tour shape and try to bang some stuff out in the studio while the commaraderie is still going on before they take the big post-tour break. Having some studio stuff started and assembling the various mixes/videos for various live dvds (Glasto, HP, the arena tour) before Xmas would bring them together again in the fall.

Posted by: s083874 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:52

No. Their heros are Bo Diddly, Blind Willy McTell(sound familiar?),Muddy, JL Hooker, Buddy Guy, ect...Too bad they lost the blues when MT left. But.....they all were insprired by these guys so they think they can go on forever. Even if only two of them can actually play the blues. Ones still in the band. one left 39 years ago.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: July 14, 2013 05:01

If anyone watched Glastonbury, you would clearly see that they are not stopping.

Mick said from the stage that "if this is your first time seeing us, please come and see us again"

Obviously it's not the end.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 14, 2013 05:13

Quit sookin' ...they ain't stopped yet ....
Punch out an album while the gears are hot .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 14, 2013 05:27

I have NEVER understood why people so love to predict the demise of this band. They were wrong in 72.... they were wrong in 83... wrong when Wyman quit.... wrong after the Licks tours.... wrong after the finsish of the BB your... and anyone who wants to blather they are done now WILL BE WRONG AGAIN!!!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 05:44

Certainly hope not - nothing like seeing them. A unique experience. Just one more time - please.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 14, 2013 05:57

23 shows over $100 Million revenue...it's not over by a long shot.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 14, 2013 07:45

Max'sKansasCity
I have NEVER understood why people so love to predict the demise of this band. They were wrong in 72.... they were wrong in 83... wrong when Wyman quit.... wrong after the Licks tours.... wrong after the finsish of the BB your... and anyone who wants to blather they are done now WILL BE WRONG AGAIN!!!
I do understand that. But they are 70 now. Eventually you do have to stop. I guess I can see the argument "well they were 65 at the end of the Bigger Bang tour and people were saying it then". The thing is they aren't just old now, they are REALLY old. And its amazing they can still do what they can, but it'll have to end at some point and this tour would be the high point. If they do continue, I would venture to guess the last show will happen before the end of next year. Just at some point you have to stop.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 14, 2013 08:38

Cant wait for annousments for berlin and amsterdam. Think they may do about 20 shows in europe soon
Menno

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: July 14, 2013 08:46

It doesn't matter to me how old they are or will be in the future, I will always be a fan and if they are anywhere near me, I will attend.

I would go and see them even if they are doing a "Steel Wheelchairs Tour 2066".

I would even go to watch their corpses play a show. I would go even if I were a corpse myself.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 14, 2013 08:52

sanQ
It doesn't matter to me how old they are or will be in the future, I will always be a fan and if they are anywhere near me, I will attend.

I would even go to watch their corpses play a show. I would go even if I were a corpse myself.
NOMINATED FOR POST OF THE WEEK! smileys with beer

might I add, in the spirit of things....
I would go and see them even if we were all "retired" down in hell.

I would even go see them even if we were all reincarnated and came back as different people winking smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 14, 2013 09:18

BV mentioned they have to tour. It's not over.

Date: July 14, 2013 09:21

Max'sKansasCity
sanQ

NOMINATED FOR POST OF THE WEEK! smileys with beer

might I add, in the spirit of things....
I would go and see them even if we were all "retired" down in hell.

I would even go see them even if we were all reincarnated and came back as different people winking smiley

Hahaha! Thank you sir! Cheers!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 14, 2013 09:53

This was a great tour.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 14, 2013 10:02

If they're going to carry on touring, they better do it soon - another financial crash is headed our way and even paying $85 will be out of reach for many.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 14, 2013 10:42

RollingFreak

I guess I can see the argument "well they were 65 at the end of the Bigger Bang tour and people were saying it then". The thing is they aren't just old now, they are REALLY old.

To you, maybe, but to me late 60s/early 70s really isn't REALLY old, or even old at all these days, even if it was for previous generations. You're judging them by outmoded standards, which has been their fate their entire lives! winking smiley

I mean, I still fancy Mick Jagger. Hell, I still fancy Willie Nelson, and he's 80!

And I hadn't read the tweet that's been quoted a couple of times--"Looking forward to tomorrow's Hyde Park show. It's been a fantastic tour so far & great to finish this leg in our hometown!"--but this pretty much tells me they're not done.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 14, 2013 11:28

And in a new you tube video Mick says (recorded yesterday) he hopes to see us very soon.
Those rumours about october/november european tour must be very true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-14 11:30 by BowieStone.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 14, 2013 11:29

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 14, 2013 13:33

RollingFreak
But they are 70 now. Eventually you do have to stop. I guess I can see the argument "well they were 65 at the end of the Bigger Bang tour and people were saying it then". The thing is they aren't just old now, they are REALLY old. And its amazing they can still do what they can, but it'll have to end at some point and this tour would be the high point. If they do continue, I would venture to guess the last show will happen before the end of next year. Just at some point you have to stop.

You're just projecting your own impressions of being 70--based on your family, based on your friends' families, based on all the elderly people in the neighborhood you grew up in.

We always think getting old has to be the end of everything, and that after a certain point we should just sit in a chair in front of the television waiting to die. We've done it all, we can do no more, now let's just crawl away and die.

"Just at some point you have to stop"--which is a bit like dying before you actually physically die.

This is music we're talking about, not professional sports. Why stop when you can still play to the best of your abilities? You stop when illness stops you, and you keep moving while the spirit moves you....

The sun does arise,
And make happy the skies.
The merry bells ring
To welcome the spring.
The skylark and thrush,
The birds of the bush,
Sing louder around,
To the bells’ cheerful sound,
While our sports shall be seen
On the echoing green.

Old John with white hair
Does laugh away care,
Sitting under the oak,
Among the old folk.
They laugh at our play,
And soon they all say:
‘Such, such were the joys
When we all, girls and boys,
In our youth-time were seen
On the echoing green.’

Till the little ones weary
No more can be merry;
The sun does descend,
And our sports have an end.
Round the laps of their mother
Many sisters and brothers,
Like birds in their nest,
Are ready for rest;
And sport no more seen
On the darkening green.

----William Blake
The Echoing Green

Posted by: ash ()
Date: July 14, 2013 14:36

If this tour had been a disaster or so-so musically it could have been. The fact that it started with complaints about ticket prices (which i agree with) but ended up with the band quite rejuvenated gives us hope for more. A lot of my friends who don't like the Stones or think they're a bit of a joke have been commenting how good or even amazing they have been either on you tube clips or glastonbury.
I was certainly in the camp who thought they'd largely been crap for years but i've completely changed my mind. True Keith has scaled down his playing somewhat but he needs to and Ronnie has stepped up.Charlie is amazing and Mick is singing better than he has in a long time. I do think they should get Mick Taylor in full time even on acoustic when he's not doing lead. He and the band provided some genuine holy shit moments at times. Wish the same could be said of my other "old" favourites.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home