Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 58
Re: 2014 world tour?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2013 11:30

No, Nada, Niente, Non, Nein.

We can be very happy if they still play Europe, South America, Japan and Australia after the current US-shows and until the end of the next year. Maybe still some more US-dates (middle/southern).

After that I think there will be no 'World Tour' anymore in the old style like 1994 - 2007. Mick, Keef & Co. are more or less in their 70's. See BV's comment [www.iorr.org]:

bv

They will never stop touring. But they will take more breaks, lomnger breaks, and less shows between the breaks. Comes with age. Not rocket science really. They used to do 100+ shows per tour. You can't do that with a bunch of grandchildren and lots of family activities. Also they need to do what any other person age 65++ do - some resting.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 13:00 by Irix.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 12:05

I hope not! better winos .....

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 19, 2013 12:26

Their world tour--50 & Counting--began in London in November 2012 and will continue through 2014. Dates and venues--and countries--will be announced in batches after each interval of time off....

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 13:03

Thank you. Too much noise here in Argentina, the local media announce shows in march 2014.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: June 19, 2013 17:11

I wonder what ticket prices will they charge, if they play Argentina?

As far as I know, the economy is far from good, like here in southern Europe. With the new price standards in 2012/2013, even with a good "discount", people won't be able to afford it.

Last big concert here in Porto was Muse, a few weeks ago. This band is quite popular here, and I suppose it was sold out. Tickets between 56 and 96€. I know stadium shows are usually cheaper, but to sell out here, it can't be more expensive than this, given the tough times we're been living...

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 19, 2013 17:40

Irix
No, Nada, Niente, Non, Nein.

We can be very happy if they still play Europe, South America, Japan and Australia after the current US-shows and until the end of the next year. Maybe still some more US-dates (middle/southern).

After that I think there will be no 'World Tour' anymore in the old style like 1994 - 2007. Mick, Keef & Co. are more or less in their 70's. See BV's comment [www.iorr.org]:

bv

They will never stop touring. But they will take more breaks, lomnger breaks, and less shows between the breaks. Comes with age. Not rocket science really. They used to do 100+ shows per tour. You can't do that with a bunch of grandchildren and lots of family activities. Also they need to do what any other person age 65++ do - some resting.....

The key IMO, at this stage in the game is no more super long breaks (1 year plus) They need to stay in motion. If we are lucky we'll see them do several 2-3 month long mini tours followed by a break of 2-3 months. If Charlie is up for it, I could see this going on for a few years. If they get their ticket prices in order, ($75-$300) they'll keep the arenas full.

Re: 6 more shows - then what?
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 18:04

they can't sell smaller US markets at these prices, that's the bottom line. so if they want to do more US shows they will have to adjust prices it's that simple. maybe the only markets they haven't tapped that they could eeek out these prices would be Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, what else....Phoenix maybe? no way places like St Louis, Denver, Omaha, Portland, Cleveland, Memphis, Louisville, Memphis, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh etc will support these prices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 18:10 by mnewman505.

Re: What's next? More shows in 2013-2014?
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: June 23, 2013 20:01

they will come to austria

Date: June 23, 2013 20:40

bluesinc.

they will come to austria

Sure - and playing Alphorn at YCAGWYW instead of French horn .....

I think you have forgotten the 2 letters 'al' before the last 2 letters of 'austria' winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-23 20:45 by Irix.

What happens after Eurpoe excursions & Boston 6/14 Thoughts?
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 23, 2013 17:41

I'm only speculating. Stones will return to USA after Great Britain and play SouthEasten venues such as Atlanta, Texas, Greensboro and hopefully Miami-Ft Lauderdale!

I saw them in Boston on June 14 and Memory Motel was performed just as the album version sounds. When Keith rang out " She's gota a mind of her own...." TD Center went beserk!!! and the "Boston" which is actually part of the song reference put the audience in delirium.

Also another magic moment of subject concert was when Keith rolled up his sleeves like he meant business and struck into the opening chords of Brown Sugar. It was awesome. What a concert and tour. I like the way on this tour they are playing Satisfaction & Brown Sugar in the right tempo. These songs are not meant to be played fast. It really made huge difference. YCAGWYW
was also excellent. It's not my favorite song but they didn't drag the song on beyond its intended purposes.

I hope they will return to US (South) to finish business!!! No further announcements have been made thus far.

C

Re: What happens after Eurpoe excursions & Boston 6/14 Thoughts?
Date: June 23, 2013 19:25

Already discussed: 'What's next? More shows in 2013-2014?' [www.iorr.org].

Australia/New Zealand - Chances of Stones coming downunder
Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 23, 2013 18:01

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the Stones coming downunder later this year? I'm from New Zealand myself but would happily make the trip across the ditch to see them. Saw them at Western Springs in 2005 I think it was but I was only about 14 at the time and didn't really know a lot of their songs, I do remember Midnight Rambler being excellent though. Would be awesome to see them again now that I'm 23 and know most of their back catalogue!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-23 18:02 by erad.

Re: Australia/New Zealand - Chances of Stones coming downunder
Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 23, 2013 18:09

Zero

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 24, 2013 01:25

Perhaps you all should read the reviews from the Philadelphia shows.
BV gave us insight into the future.
Thanks BV!

When/how will we know ?
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:17

After Hyde Park, what are your thoughts on when.how. we will find out about more shows ?

If something 'happens' during the final bow....or they go out to Last Time.......it could be it.

Hopefully Mick regales us with a 'seeya soon' at the end.

Re: When/how will we know ?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:47

The same as always... or a new way.

And if it is "the last time" then so what.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:49

....New album then come back with more shows
... No guests just knuckle down and play it hard ..,..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:52

Rockman

But it's 2013, not 1978.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:55

Go as a group and ask Bill nicely to join them in the studio. Tell him they've secured Mick Taylor. It would be the first truly Rolling Stones album in 25 years. No guests, real songwriting, real work. Spend at least a month together cutting the disc. Then I don't care what they do. Bill's got burgers to fry.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 24, 2013 07:07

But it's 2013, not 1978.
....well you should put ya slippers on and have a little soup before retiring

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 24, 2013 08:58

Rockman

@#$%&' right!

Rolling Stones in Germany
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 24, 2013 17:11

November 2013
2x Berlin
1x Munich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-24 17:16 by Roadster32.

Re: Rolling Stones in Germany
Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: June 24, 2013 17:26

How do you know? Are these just wild rumors or are do you have confirmed information?

Date: June 24, 2013 17:31

henrik87
How do you know? Are these just wild rumor s or are do you have confirmed information?

Take it or leave it, believe it or not. People who know me, know that these are not just wild rumours.

Date: June 24, 2013 17:34

Hope that you are right! Would love to see the Stones again without far traveling.

Berlin would be probably o2 Arena in mid Nov. and Munich at the Olympiahalle in mid / late Nov. as well as both venues are pretty much booked in early Nov.

Do you have additional information on other tour dates?

Date: June 24, 2013 17:41

No.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 24, 2013 17:56

Good news indeed. Thank you.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 24, 2013 18:23

OK, that´s One More Shot for me.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: June 24, 2013 18:25

A Berlin radio station reportedly broadcasted the same today. They said the Stones are going to be in Berlin at the o2 World in November.

The venues denies it.

[twitter.com]

Date: June 24, 2013 18:29

Karlos123
A Berlin radio station reportedly broadcasted the same today. They said the Stones are going to be in Berlin at the o2 World in November.

The venues denies it.

[twitter.com]

Let's hope it's just the usual denial before the Stones confirm the dates.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2543
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home