Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 58
Re: 6 more shows - then what?
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 17, 2013 22:18

Aquamarine
You only get one life, live as much of it as humanly possible. Never mind what other people think or whether it's "age-appropriate" or whatever

Wonderful. That's it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 17, 2013 22:34

Aquamarine
MileHigh
Better to go out on a reasonably high note - like right now. There is an art and a skill in life with respect to knowing when to stop.

With all due respect--no there isn't. You only get one life, live as much of it as humanly possible. Never mind what other people think or whether it's "age-appropriate" or whatever. Screw all that!

thumbs up

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 17, 2013 22:48

mtaylor
open-g

OTHER SONGS KNOWN TO HAVE BEEN REHEARSED IN PARIS, FRANCE (OCTOBER-NOVEMBER 2012)

Five Long Years (Eddie Boyd, Junior Parker, John Lee Hooker)
Not Fade Away
I Just Want to Make Love to You
Tell Me
Time Is on My Side
Everybody Needs Somebody to Love
Under My Thumb
Ruby Tuesday
(Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay (Otis Redding)
Moonlight Mile
Rip This Joint
Sweet Virginia
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
If You Can't Rock Me
Hot Stuff
Fool to Cry
Some Girls
Going to a Go-Go

ADDITIONAL SONGS KNOWN TO HAVE BEEN REHEARSED IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA (APRIL 2013)

The Spider and the Fly
I Heard It Through the Grapevine (Marvin Gaye)
Loving Cup
Ain't Too Proud to Beg
She Was Hot

Underlined songs have been for "Vote for the Rolling Stones to play your song choice tonight".

Moonlight Mile and ATPTB have also been up once for a vote.

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:24

The stones have to come back to the states just for the fact they didn't play any of the southern states. Cities like Miami and Fort Lauderdale have a huge classic rock fan base as well as Latin Americans who love the band they could easily sell out in Miami for two-three shows, Plus they have not played here since 2006!!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:53

Fixembones
The stones have to ...

That's where you go wrong. The Stones don't have to ... anything

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 18, 2013 04:59

Rolling Hansie
Fixembones
The stones have to ...

That's where you go wrong. The Stones don't have to ... anything
Good point they can do whatever the fluck they want we are all lucky they are doing these shows now

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 18, 2013 05:04

They'll be back on the US East Coast. They haven't even tapped out Madison Square Garden yet.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 18, 2013 05:29

Fixembones
The stones have to come back to the states just for the fact they didn't play any of the southern states. Cities like Miami and Fort Lauderdale have a huge classic rock fan base as well as Latin Americans who love the band they could easily sell out in Miami for two-three shows, Plus they have not played here since 2006!!!

Prior to 2012 they didn't play anywhere in the US since 2006.

Date: June 18, 2013 07:11

Probably more shows, but I sure hope they get to work on a new album ASAP.

Date: June 18, 2013 08:00

Yes, more shows. MSG is good for at least 3 and I hope they do a 5 or 6 show USA stadium tour in the fall.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 18, 2013 09:18

My guess is Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Australia + some european arena dates. Then maybe maybe few more gigs in the US as well. You americans have got your fair share of shows now.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 18, 2013 10:30

My guess too - a european leg of the tour 2013 in the autumn (maybe 11th Oct. - 15th Dec.), then in the winter a 'mini-tour' in South America, afterwards a brief visit to Japan & Australia (altogether from mid Jan. to mid March). Further US-dates (Middle/Southern) either from mid Nov. to mid Dec. or in the next spring (depends on the demand). Maybe they will start to work on a new album while touring, but I expect the release of the new album earliest after the end of whole touring because it needs still some time of work in the studio.

According to the current US-dates + the 3 UK dates I could imagine also 21 dates for Europe: 7 european countries with 3 sequentially shows each (e. g. Germany / BeNeLux / France / Spain / Eastern Europe / Scandinavia / UK).

Maybe I'm completely wrong with my guesses .....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 13:30 by Irix.

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: June 18, 2013 11:04

I think they will go play Harvey's Lake Tahoe for 2 mos.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 18, 2013 12:49

NICOS
bv
Then taking a break.

A break for 3 months and then Mick, Keith and Charlie will talk if it's fun to take another tour Europe etc. (Mick Taylor and Ronnie en the rest will say yes anyway $$$)........................

Sounds about right to me!

Date: June 18, 2013 13:10

NICOS

A break for 3 months and then Mick, Keith and Charlie will talk if it's fun to take another tour Europe etc.

A break of 3 months could mean that there is either a tour in Europe in the autumn (then mid Oct. to mid Dec.) or a second leg of the tour in the US, but not both. Maybe more US-dates in the next spring and afterward going into the studio to finish the new album .....

Date: June 18, 2013 14:00

They will need a few years to spend all that $$$ !

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 18, 2013 19:05

Of course they will play in Oslo to honour BV. While in Scandinavia, why not visit Stockholm and the new Friends Arena with an indoor (or outdoor) capacity of 65 000 attendants.
167 000 saw Bruce Springsteen there during three concerts in May. Must be some kind of record?

Will there be more shows?
Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: June 18, 2013 20:52

Will there be more shows in Europe this summer? It seems a little strange that they will do just the three shows in Glastonbury and London....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 19, 2013 03:20

Fixembones

They havent properly sold out one show anywhere in 2013 - what makes you think they'll 'easily sell out 2-3 in Miami' ?

Re: Will there be more shows?
Date: June 19, 2013 03:31

NedKelly
Will there be more shows in Europe this summer? It seems a little strange that they will do just the three shows in Glastonbury and London....

they're not touring Europe this summer as such. They're just playing three festivals.

Date: June 19, 2013 04:49

Gazza
Fixembones

They havent properly sold out one show anywhere in 2013 - what makes you think they'll 'easily sell out 2-3 in Miami' ?

There is a huge South American Amount of people down here who absolutely love this band and Have tons of money to spend

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 19, 2013 05:33

The long-delayed end of the world.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 19, 2013 06:08

South America this fall, Europe next year..........

Date: June 19, 2013 15:30

bv

They will never stop touring. But they will take more breaks, lomnger breaks, and less shows between the breaks. Comes with age. Not rocket science really. They used to do 100+ shows per tour. You can't do that with a bunch of grandchildren and lots of family activities. Also they need to do what any other person age 65++ do - some resting.....

Yes - they will never stop touring ..... winking smiley

Date: June 19, 2013 15:42

Fixembones
Gazza
Fixembones

There is a huge South American Amount of people down here who absolutely love this band and Have tons of money to spend

As opposed to Los Angeles when they struggled to shift tickets for an opening night in the richest part of the universe?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 19, 2013 15:51

I think Mick might enjoy his Geriatric Tour...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 19, 2013 16:01

Gazza
Fixembones
Gazza
Fixembones

As opposed to Los Angeles when they struggled to shift tickets for an opening night in the richest part of the universe?

Memories are indeed short, that was embarrassing.

Date: June 19, 2013 17:00

I think if they lower their prices by 25% every show would be sold out

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: June 19, 2013 18:01

I don't think that would make a difference. Pit tickets would still be $1125. Like it or not, the strategey they have is working fine. Just look at the grosses.

2014 world tour?
Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: June 18, 2013 16:53

Someone have noticed about a worldtour for 2014?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home