Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 13, 2015 17:24

keefriffhards
Do you think the reason new people don't stay long on iorr or people that have been here a long time don't post very often because its like an old boys club taken over by about 20 regular posters.
I noticed yesterday some of you saying to BV that you think it should be run by a few of you long time posters , like a committee ( heaven forbid )
I don't want some of you on here deciding my fate thank you very much.
I realise a lot of you will not appreciate what i'm saying here, but its the people that don't post very often, that still get excited about this band and its music.
I just struggle to understand, why out of thousands of members on here, only about 30 or 40 regularly post.

I've thought the same thing before.

I suppose it ultimately comes down to demands on peoples' time and their levels of interest. My current situation (flexible working pattern; living a long way from family and friends) enables me to post relatively frequently.

But yes, whilst it is great to login and see forty or so active members, many of whom are contributing to the discussions, wouldn't it be fantastic to see three, four or five times that number engaged in discussion?

Hopefully the popularity of the site, with regards to active contributors, will continue to grow.

Olly.

Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 13, 2015 17:52

Well, there's used to be way more regular contributors but successive purges have thinned the ranks.

Ronnie's Tumbling Dice solos in 2015
Posted by: GratefulFred ()
Date: July 13, 2015 03:36

ronnies godawful tumbling dice solos in 2015

they sound like a 10 year old who just started taking guitar lessons. Hate to say it but the booze and drugs have destroyed ronnies ability

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 18:47 by bv.

Re: ronnies godawful tumbling dice solos in 2015
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 13, 2015 03:50

Does that mean you don't like b-benders?
that's the only thing I can think of because the rest you wrote is rubbish!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 13, 2015 03:56

confused smiley That's a bit harsh Fred. Tumbling Dice really isn't about that short guitar solo, it's more of a long fill really. Ronnies just having a bit of fun with the B-bender tele. Maybe not his best work but I've been watching Ronnie for years and if anything the fog is starting to clear a bit, imo.

Date: July 13, 2015 04:07

Hardly the most lamentable aspect of the song these days.

Olly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 04:16 by Olly.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 13, 2015 04:46

Olly

I've got a feeling I know what is though...you first Olly. smoking smiley

Date: July 13, 2015 04:58

Naturalust
Olly

I couldn't possibly say... I'm not one to make contrary comments to draw others into debate.

Others may comment on Jaggers vocal delivery, particularly in the build up to the titular phrase, but I couldn't pass comment.

I'll be elsewhere, challenging some poor unsuspecting poster's use of the word 'objective'... smiling smiley

Olly.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 13, 2015 05:03

The original poster may just be a troll. This is his only post. But just in case, Ronnie's played pretty well at Auckland and Minneapolis, the two most recent shows I've seen. He sounded great on Rambler in Minneapolis - watch him on the outro from 9:50.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 13, 2015 05:41

In fact he likes to do a solo crazy on TD, when he is well that's cool!
And 'the solo artist, that does not teach it in school.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 13, 2015 05:52

Better than MT blasting through it pushing the "roll" right out of it.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 13, 2015 08:58

Thrylan

Unless my memory is faulty, TD was Keith on lead and rhythm guitar. MT played the bass on that number, and it's a great rolling bassline, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 13, 2015 09:05

drbryant
Thrylan

Unless my memory is faulty, TD was Keith on lead and rhythm guitar. MT played the bass on that number, and it's a great rolling bassline, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Live.......outtakes......

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 13, 2015 09:13

Tumbling, these days, is a borefest, awful solos or not!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:41

Yeah yeah, you are all a bunch of pathetic whiners bashing Ronnie the way you do. Now, go listening to Brussels Affair with that oversoloing MT and spare us all these horrible and ungrateful comments about Ronnie.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 13, 2015 11:06

Do not say that the 2015 live versions do not sound like at Exile eye popping smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 13, 2015 13:07

Ronnie is really good in the last years. Solid and stable (and probably sober, I think this factor explaines a lot...). I have heard from him solos which varied from OK to amazing. If the "booze and drugs" had "destroyed ronnies ability", then the "disaster" would be obvious on his overall play, as a rule. Not on one- two TD solos...

So, let's be fair.

And, after all, judging solos is sometimes metter of taste. Personally, I think Ronnie's solo on YCAGWYW from "Love You Live" is a bit childish. But I know many fans love it. So...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 13, 2015 13:35

troll bashing on Ronnie

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 13, 2015 13:52

laertisflash
Ronnie is really good in the last years. Solid and stable (and probably sober, I think this factor explaines a lot...). I have heard from him solos which varied from OK to amazing. If the "booze and drugs" had "destroyed ronnies ability", then the "disaster" would be obvious on his overall play, as a rule. Not on one- two TD solos...

So, let's be fair.

And, after all, judging solos is sometimes metter of taste. Personally, I think Ronnie's solo on YCAGWYW from "Love You Live" is a bit childish. But I know many fans love it. So...

That's due to the edit of his original solo. The edit destroys the architecture. Another mess on Love You Live ...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 14:36

Olly
Naturalust
Olly

I couldn't possibly say... I'm not one to make contrary comments to draw others into debate.

Olly...."hardly the most lamentable..."...but "I'm not the one to make contrary comments..."

Maybe not... But you certainly make contradictory comments

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 14:37 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 13, 2015 14:37

He's been using the b-bender on TD since Licks, the solos on this tour are pretty much the same as they've been for the last thirteen years. Would be nice to hear a bender-less solo one day actually.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 13, 2015 15:10

I just watched a few on YouTube, sound fine to me. Different from the past few tours going back to, oh, STEEL WHEELS...

Date: July 13, 2015 15:56

drbryant
The original poster may just be a troll. This is his only post. But just in case, Ronnie's played pretty well at Auckland and Minneapolis, the two most recent shows I've seen. He sounded great on Rambler in Minneapolis - watch him on the outro from 9:50.

ive been on this board for 11 years. The email i ised for my old name got deactivated so i had to start a new account

Date: July 13, 2015 15:59

but all you defending ronnies terrible playing are unabel to objectively ludge what you hear, because the fact that ronnie is a has been is not something you want to admit. he is literally the worst guitar player i have ever heard since the 2005 tour. up till b2b he was good

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 13, 2015 16:08

GratefulFred
but all you defending ronnies terrible playing are unabel to objectively ludge what you hear, because the fact that ronnie is a has been is not something you want to admit. he is literally the worst guitar player i have ever heard since the 2005 tour. up till b2b he was good

I´m a guitarplayer myself and don´t need to listen to this crap, it´s obviously you who are unable to objectively judge what you hear...

Why are you here then? This is a fan forum dedicated to Mick, Keith, Charlie and RONNIE. We don´t need Ronnie haters like you here, Have you even met him? I have, and he is the best and nicest guy you can meet, i tell you. Please go away with your hate.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 13, 2015 16:16

Never mind ... you have not understood that the boy is deaf?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 13, 2015 16:25

Putting Tumbling Dice aside, I think that Ron has been playing some excellent guitar for the last few years both with the Stones and THe Faces. Compare him now to the 81/82 tour when he really couldn't play due to his drug/alcohol isues.

He seems to have found a new lease of life since they've been back on the road and never underestimate Ronnie, he is very talented and has more to offer than Taylor, and before everybody jumps in with their defence of Taylor, I'm not saying Ronnie is a more skilled soloist, just that he is a musician with many strings to his bow! He can play pedal steel, slide, drums, keyboards and I'm pretty sure a few other instruments I've overlooked....he can sing lead and backing vocals....oh, and he's not bad with a paint brush..

I think it's a little unfair to berate him for one solo on TD!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 13, 2015 16:46

I've listened to a few 2015 Dices on youtube and couldn't find any bad solos!

Sure since 1981 he's had his bad nights, some REALLY bad nights, but overall his playing has been much more consistent than what the general belief here is. And what matters more, even in his worst shape, Ronnie has always been able to come up with something that is worth the cost of the ticket.

But that's me.

C

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 13, 2015 16:52

First of all I think it's funny that Wood topics always end up being about if he sucks or not.

To the guys bringing up Mick Taylor: get a life, he had nothing to do with this thread.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 13, 2015 16:56

GratefulFred

Rrrrrrreeallly? Hmmm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 16:57 by ryanpow.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home