Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 13, 2015 22:32

Naturalust
keefriffhards
your kind of sitting on the fence there Naturalust. Playing devils advocate again are we . say what you mean.
I am sticking my neck out here.
when i started posting on iorr it was very upsetting and all the hostility came from long time regular posters. They have heard it all before and are bored with iorr and they are very dismissive of new faces ( people )
I dont include you in this Naturalust, you treat everyone with the same respect, your contributions are the most exciting and interesting of all the posters on iorr. i just wish you stopped playing devils advocate winking smiley

What on earth do you mean? Surely you mistake my ability to see both sides on an issue with devil's advocacy? Besides the view is better from the top of he fence. winking smiley But, perhaps I do poke the bear every now and then to see what his reaction will be.

I actually like reading diverse opinions more than some of the "smileys with beer" singular minded fluff. I can't stand when posts take on other posters for what they consider whining or whatever or try to degrade someone's opinion because they haven't been here long or it doesn't tow the party line. There are some really smart and interesting people here and I want to hear what they have to say, regardless of how PC it is on this board. Unfortunately some of those people are no longer with us because they have crossed some not always clear line in the sand.

Anyway I'm glad you are here and engaged!

Not to worry Naturalust i think we are talking across each other here.
I was not referring to people getting banned.
A totally different subject to the point i was trying to make. your good

Re: Lisa Fisher
Date: July 13, 2015 22:37

JTHanis
keefriffhards
JTHanis
Discussions such as this have labeled "hateful" in the past and led to banning a - we must be careful,

I haven't liked it for a long time. There's a show within a show around her that nobody wants.

Go over my quotes i don't even mention Lisa's name. I never mentioned her in a personal way.
I think she is a lovely woman.
We are just expressing that songs we love like GS and YCAGWYW are being over vocalised. The core of the band is being over shadowed in our humble opinions..

I'm on your side man. I know people who have "dared" to voice similar opinions and gotten the boot. Unfortunately, there are people here who believe that any criticism is tantamount to a personal attack, which is nonsense.

What i don't understand is that it was ok today to pull poor Ronnie to shreds.
Some of it was way over the top. The guy is trying his heart out.
But we cant criticise the backing singers.
Ronnie in my humble opinion is not ruining any of the songs ...

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 14, 2015 00:18

DeanGoodman
flacnvinyl
I would far rather complain about the stupid hand motions and cheerleading that are done by Lisa and Bernard. Go listen to Brown Sugar from the Fonda gig and hear the "SUGAR!" repeated forever while Ronnie and Keith play aggressively and low in the mix.

She acts out a lot of the songs, complete with weird facial expressions, as if translating for deaf people. YCAGWYW has become unlistenable. And Bernard should know better.

This comment amused me.

But in all seriousness, isn't this simply a part of performing in stadiums (and, to a lesser extent, arenas)? Looks odd close up, but some exaggeration is probably required in venues the size of which the Stones are playing.

Whether we appreciate it or not, it reminds us that we are watching theatre.

Olly.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 14, 2015 01:48

I wish one time.......just one time, the 17 different threads worshipping MT would get merged! I come home and the complaint thread has reeled off 3 pages...... seems like there might be an interesting discussion..... NO!!! 2-3 more threads have been merged.

IMO, the complaint thread is where all free thought is sent to die. I'm honestly a little pissed and over it. If you get Moonlight, "Best show ever!!!!" If you don't...."Best show ever!!!!" It can't be both ways......it's really quite childish.

When we all think alike, no one thinks........

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: July 14, 2015 02:03

keefriffhards
JTHanis
keefriffhards
JTHanis
Discussions such as this have labeled "hateful" in the past and led to banning a - we must be careful,

I haven't liked it for a long time. There's a show within a show around her that nobody wants.

Go over my quotes i don't even mention Lisa's name. I never mentioned her in a personal way.
I think she is a lovely woman.
We are just expressing that songs we love like GS and YCAGWYW are being over vocalised. The core of the band is being over shadowed in our humble opinions..

I'm on your side man. I know people who have "dared" to voice similar opinions and gotten the boot. Unfortunately, there are people here who believe that any criticism is tantamount to a personal attack, which is nonsense.

What i don't understand is that it was ok today to pull poor Ronnie to shreds.
Some of it was way over the top. The guy is trying his heart out.
But we cant criticise the backing singers.
Ronnie in my humble opinion is not ruining any of the songs ...

Remember last year Keith sucked but Lisa was still untouchable. I don't get either.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 14, 2015 17:32

Please see the sticky thread about IORR posting policy.

Bjornulf

Date: July 23, 2015 01:06

NEW RULE!!!! The next time anyone starts a "best version of" thread, can we assume the answer is Brussels 73'. If I am not mistaken, the best Start Me Up was Brussels 73'....

Date: July 23, 2015 14:22

Thrylan
NEW RULE!!!! The next time anyone starts a "best version of" thread, can we assume the answer is Brussels 73'. If I am not mistaken, the best Start Me Up was Brussels 73'....

lol I feel your pain Thrylan.
winking smiley

Date: July 23, 2015 14:26

keefriffhards
Thrylan

winking smiley

Best complaint ever!!! Brussels 73'??

Date: July 23, 2015 14:45

Thrylan
keefriffhards
Thrylan

winking smiley

Best complaint ever!!! Brussels 73'??

My wife just asked me if i wanted Peas or runner beans with dinner ?
i said Brussels 73'

Date: July 23, 2015 14:52

You couldn't go wrong, and no one will disagree!

Date: July 23, 2015 14:59

Thrylan
You couldn't go wrong, and no one will disagree!

Guess where i'm going for me holidays " yeah Brussels 73' " you can't beat it !!

Date: July 24, 2015 23:34

Anyone know what happened to jumpingjeepeflash
I thought only 2 people a month get banned.
They are dropping like flies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-24 23:37 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 24, 2015 23:44

keefriffhards

Not banned - just gone a bit quiet.

Date: July 24, 2015 23:46

Green Lady
keefriffhards

Oh ok thanks.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 24, 2015 23:56

keefriffhards
Green Lady
keefriffhards

Oh ok thanks.

Actually JumpinJeppeFlash is indeed no longer with us. Not sure if we are allowed to speculate why, not that I have a clue.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 25, 2015 01:06

I guess he had a run-in with some jumping Argentinians. And maybe that fundraising thread to set up a private Stones gig for iorr:ers only was a bit...overambitious? Who knows?

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 1, 2015 16:50

Stoneage
...maybe that fundraising thread to set up a private Stones gig for iorr:ers only was a bit...overambitious? Who knows?

The logistics associated with that idea caused me no end of fascination and amusement.

Is anybody willing to take over the mantle?

[www.iorr.org]

Olly.

Date: August 1, 2015 18:51

Yes, Olly. Threads like that one is very easy to get started but almost impossible to follow through. I don't think you'll have to think twice to understand that. Impossible Mission V?

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 8, 2015 19:09

The Sicilian
flacnvinyl

Am I banned yet?

Which one is Lukester?

That's me on the left

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 8, 2015 19:27

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-08 19:39 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 24, 2016 14:49

Harlem Shuffler

bv

Harlem Shuffler
How the hell do they get away with doing pretty much the same show for the last twenty years or so and charging rip-off prices for tickets?

Is this a comment from a fan of The Rolling Stones? If you don't like what they do then why are you here, posting on a site dedicated to Stones fans?
Yes, it is a comment from a fan of The Rolling Stones and it's a perfectly valid one.
Fine, but then it is off topic, there is a separate topic where you may complain about the price level of tickets etc:

The ticket prices and other complaints thread

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

As you wish,bv.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-24 14:52 by Harlem Shuffler.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 24, 2016 15:05

Harlem Shuffler
How the hell do they get away with doing pretty much the same show for the last twenty years or so and charging rip-off prices for tickets?

Just from the top of my head - because people buy the tickets and have fun at the shows?

Are those tickets expensive? Yes. Overpriced? Hell yes. But why does it make people mad that other people voluntarily decide to spend a lot of money on a rock concert with a sort of predictable setlist? People spend insane money on drinking, smoking and other things that legally kill them, but that is fine, because that's the way things are. But to buy a 200 dollar ticket for a show? Outrageous!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 24, 2016 15:15

Happy24
Just from the top of my head - because people buy the tickets and have fun at the shows?

>grinning smiley< smileys with beer thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 24, 2016 15:21

Happy24
Harlem Shuffler

Are those tickets expensive? Yes. Overpriced? Hell yes. But why does it make people mad that other people voluntarily decide to spend a lot of money on a rock concert with a sort of predictable setlist? People spend insane money on drinking, smoking and other things that legally kill them, but that is fine, because that's the way things are. But to buy a 200 dollar ticket for a show? Outrageous!

They smoke the same brand, and drink the same beer as well - so predictable setlists are kinda familiar territory smoking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 24, 2016 17:33

DandelionPowderman
Happy24
Harlem Shuffler

They smoke the same brand, and drink the same beer as well - so predictable setlists are kinda familiar territory smoking smiley

When I in the company of others drink beer, not so often, then the beer is mainly a requisite. But when I drink wine - for its own sake and as a passion, that is, for the experience and enjoyment of the individual wines - I drink different wines for each new bottle, only one bottle on each occasion. For instance, last Saturday I drank a Ribera del Duero, the first of at least seven different Ribera wines that I am going to drink.

My deep wish is to experience the Rolling Stones more like how I drink wines than beer.

Date: November 24, 2016 17:41

Witness
DandelionPowderman
Happy24
Harlem Shuffler

When I in the company of others drink beer, not so often, then the beer is mainly a requisite. But when I drink wine - for its own sake and as a passion, that is, for the experience and enjoyment of the individual wines - I drink different wines for each new bottle, only one bottle on each occasion. For instance, last Saturday I drank a Ribera del Duero, the first of at least seven different Ribera wines that I am going to drink.

My deep wish is to experience the Rolling Stones more like how I drink wines than beer.

I was just joking, Witness smiling smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 24, 2016 17:54

DandelionPowderman
Witness
DandelionPowderman
Happy24
Harlem Shuffler

I was just joking, Witness smiling smiley

It was only on the surface that I had your post in mind, Dandelion, even if it was the post I addressed. Beyond the surface my post was really about the distinction between what joy we receive also with the fixed setlists, and what deeper experience we could have had with thoroughly varying setlists.

Date: November 24, 2016 18:13

Harlem Shuffler

The simple answer is: Because they can. There is an audience for it. Supply and demand. Easy as that.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 24, 2016 21:29

What happens if the price of a product is lower than the market price? Then there will be a black market and the scalpers will ask for the difference. You don't need the Nobel Price in economy to understand that a product should be priced by market price, not subsidized so that a 3rd party may get away with the difference between selling price and the going price in the market.

The Rolling Stones sell out 9 out of 10 shows. Their income from each and every show these days is 8-12 million US dollars, all over the world. If they sold tickets at half price then half of this for each and every show i.e. 4-6 million US dollars would be left for the scalpers to be collected.

It is not rocket science. It is plain market price facts. They are popular. Way too popular to be sold cheap.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home