Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 7, 2015 03:16

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 03:24 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 7, 2015 03:25

Oh have some balls Stoneage, bv's not going to ban you for speaking your mind. Just use some common sense.

Date: July 7, 2015 03:35

Yeah, you're probably right, Naturalust. The thing is, I have been a member here for almost five years and it has become a habit that I'm not looking foward to to lose. But okey then here is the short version of what I posted earlier. In this "@#$%& sketch" issue I think Tele 71 is right and BV is wrong. So, now I can log out and watch if my account is still there tomorrow...

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 7, 2015 03:37

Erm, doesn't the title of this discussion refer to complaints regarding The Rolling Stones as opposed to this site (iorr.org doesn't have ticket prices)?

Olly.

Date: July 7, 2015 04:42

Olly
Erm, doesn't the title of this discussion refer to complaints regarding The Rolling Stones as opposed to this site (iorr.org doesn't have ticket prices)?

Yeah your right Olly but please don't report our minor transgressions, I notice when you start policing threads....things happen. Better to have any complaints here that scattered about other threads, imo.

Besides, thankfully the tickets prices and set list complaints have kind of run their course. I hope as long as people stay respectful and non-offending there is a place they can speak their minds. It's the nature of all good societies and communities that thrive to include similar freedoms.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 7, 2015 04:49

Naturalust
Olly

Yeah your right Olly but please don't report our minor transgressions, I notice when you start policing threads....things happen. Better to have any complaints here that scattered about other threads, imo.

Besides, thankfully the tickets prices and set list complaints have kind of run their course. I hope as long as people stay respectful and non-offending there is a place they can speak their minds. It's the nature of all good societies and communities that thrive to include similar freedoms.

I have no desire or right to police.

Olly.

Date: July 7, 2015 05:31

Olly
Naturalust
Olly

I have no desire or right to police.

Well perhaps police was not the right term, maybe "neighborhood watch" is more appropriate. winking smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 7, 2015 06:37

71Tele
Stoneage
Honestly I don't know where BV draws the line these days, Tele. So I deleted it twice for safety reasons. I hope you caught what I said. I will delete this one too. Glad to see that you are still on though.

I didn't see it but that's ok. Don't risk yourself on my account. I was just having a little fun. It isn't the first time that irony wasn't understood or appreciated here. Non amplius punctum.

I saw your post last night, and was sent the same link to the video by a mate of mine...bloody funny post !!!! Probably the funniest thing I have seen on this site in ages..pity humour is taken the wrong way.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 7, 2015 17:14

How long until this thread gets shut down?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 7, 2015 21:15

Has HearMeKnocking gone. If he has and he is still watching in. Hi man it was good talking to you.

Date: July 7, 2015 21:34

keefriffhards
Has HearMeKnocking gone. If he has and he is still watching in. Hi man it was good talking to you.

eye popping smiley Droppin' like flies around here. He seemed to have a sense of his impending doom. But I'm sorry to see him go.

Date: July 7, 2015 22:30

Naturalust
keefriffhards

eye popping smiley Droppin' like flies around here. He seemed to have a sense of his impending doom. But I'm sorry to see him go.

yes he said i am waiting for the axe to fall. he was funny

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 7, 2015 22:49

Naturalust
keefriffhards

Dropping like flies indeed. I liked him, he was a funny guy. No idea what this purge is about but I can't imagine I'll be around much longer at this rate either.

Date: July 8, 2015 00:02

Stoneburst
Naturalust
keefriffhards

Dropping like flies indeed. I liked him, he was a funny guy. No idea what this purge is about but I can't imagine I'll be around much longer at this rate either.

can people not get back once they are gone if they apologise

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 8, 2015 00:06

keefriffhards
Stoneburst
Naturalust
keefriffhards

In theory, but with most of the recent bans it's hard to say what they would be apologising for.

Date: July 8, 2015 00:09

Stoneburst
keefriffhards
Stoneburst
Naturalust
keefriffhards

In theory, but with most of the recent bans it's hard to say what they would be apologising for.

its a shame, its fun on here, plus it must mean a lot to some people that have been here for years

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:04

I love that I'm see the use of the word "purge". Before too long we'll be talking about the IORR Night of the Long Knives...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 02:04 by JTHanis.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 8, 2015 11:45

DAMN IT!!! ONLY 3 SHOWS LEFT??!!!!... whhhhaaaaa whaaaaaa,
Only 3 shows to go before the tour is over? Now THAT is something to whine about.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 8, 2015 16:03

Yep. And then cue the complaints about why there's no official news in the rumours thread.

Date: July 11, 2015 01:50

Am I the only one thinking Keith quite often is a beat off on his solos? Some of his solos arent't friendly to my ears. And they are a bit static as well. Kind of the same noodling every time.
I know it's not fair to judge from youtube clips. But all the same. But I guess I'm the only thinking like this?

Date: July 11, 2015 02:23

Stoneage
Am I the only one thinking Keith quite often is a beat off on his solos? Some of his solos arent't friendly to my ears. And they are a bit static as well. Kind of the same noodling every time.
I know it's not fair to judge from youtube clips. But all the same. But I guess I'm the only thinking like this?

As you may know i think Keith is the dogs watsits, but i have noticed the timing out on his solo's, but just put it down to the you tube clips. he makes a habit of entering the solo a bit late. like he does it on purpose. Maybe he gets bored and mixes it up to Keep himself interested.

Date: July 11, 2015 02:29

keefriffhards
Stoneage

As you may know i think Keith is the dogs watsits, but i have noticed the timing out on his solo's, but just put it down to the you tube clips. he makes a habit of entering the solo a bit late. like he does it on purpose. Maybe he gets bored and mixes it up to Keep himself interested.

He's probably just so damn loud that after he starts a solo he can't hear the rest of the band well enough to stay in time. Combine that with the fact he has played these songs so many times...he's probably in perfect time for his 1995 performances and somewhat on autopilot. grinning smiley

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 11, 2015 04:59

He repeatedly makes the same mistakes. It's a bit annoying. How, as a band, they can listen to a playback of SFTD live and not admit something needs changed is beyond me. He basically skips the opening lick,(I don't think he can play it at all), then rushes the second. All the while landing on the same sour notes......its maddening. He still plays the Chuck stuff well, and he can still vamp a rhythm.......... He needs to do more of that.

Date: July 11, 2015 05:09

Thrylan
He repeatedly makes the same mistakes. It's a bit annoying. How, as a band, they can listen to a playback of SFTD live and not admit something needs changed is beyond me. He basically skips the opening lick,(I don't think he can play it at all), then rushes the second. All the while landing on the same sour notes......its maddening. He still plays the Chuck stuff well, and he can still vamp a rhythm.......... He needs to do more of that.

I don't remember him missing it in San Diego.confused smiley I might be wrong though since I think I was still in shock over Mick's peacock costume.

Date: July 11, 2015 05:19

OK.......he occasionally approximates it......but not often. The suit/cape......Chuck driven....stinks. He is just physically limited at this point- and that's OK, but at least acknowledge it! I haven't heard a "modern" Sympathy that I really liked.

I have been impressed with his work on IORR, and a couple others....... Bitch is a crapshoot......lol

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:11

71Tele

steffialicia
Offensive. Kind of like the Confederate flag, etc.

I wrote it, it's not offensive. If it was pro-Nazi it would be offensive. Some people don't understand parody. It's a parody of a movie, not a pro-Nazi statement, obviously.

Making fun of despots is one of the best weapons against them.

Exactly 71Tele!
When more and more people who don't understand the power of parody to ridicule dictators (like AH) and ask for censorship and banning people who created the parody, the less people will be able to make fun of dictators which is indeed one of the best ways of fighting them especially when they try to become one.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:35

Thrylan
OK.......he occasionally approximates it......but not often. The suit/cape......Chuck driven....stinks. He is just physically limited at this point- and that's OK, but at least acknowledge it! I haven't heard a "modern" Sympathy that I really liked.

I have been impressed with his work on IORR, and a couple others....... Bitch is a crapshoot......lol

Yeah SFTD is just dire these days.
Yet they can still jam out on OOC.
Go figure.

Date: July 12, 2015 17:51

andrewt
Thrylan

Yeah SFTD is just dire these days.
Yet they can still jam out on OOC.
Go figure.

It's truly baffling. I would like some Mathjis input on this. From a pure technical standpoint, the studio Sympathy is razor sharp, with some rapid pull offs and stuff that must be executed cleanly- his knuckles are slightly smaller than my knees...... Oddly enough, the beloved 69' solo has far less wide interval jumps, and would be something I believe he could still pull off to some degree. For Christ sake let Ronnie play it.

Love my boys but......
Posted by: larrywallace ()
Date: July 12, 2015 04:16

Saw the boys here in Atlanta . Again disappointed that NOBODY has the gonads /chops to play that lightning bolt ,soul searing guitar solo rendered in "Sympathy for the Bad Guy" or the most tasteful tear jerking phrases ever fingered in "Gimmee Shelter" ! COME ON LADS...Humor Me!!!

Re: Love my boys but......
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 12, 2015 05:51

There is no Stones song called "Sympathy for the Bad Guy". Would you elaborate?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home