Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 25 of 29
Re: OT - 2012 London Summer Olympics
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 11, 2012 05:10

I gotta get me some of them yellow shoes... everybody is doing it!!!
[theclassical.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-11 05:16 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 11, 2012 07:42

szef
shortfatfanny
Max'sKansasCity
shortfatfanny
...cool,and the swiss guys (un-)checking the length of the hammer throws probably robbed Betty Heidler a medal.
what a farce.

Edit : now they´re checking the length with the good old rope...´cause they´ve found an unverified one in their system.
respect.

Edit 2 : now she´s ranked after the competition on rank 3.
that´s true olympic spirit.

What is the story here SFF, what does "un check the length" mean?

Quite bizarre,the system checking those lenghts failed with scoring Heidlers 5th attempt correctly.
It was clearly seen on the screen that this attempt was over 75m...the board showed 72somewhat m.
After a certain time of complete confusion they figured out that they´ve stored a length which at first couldn´t be scored to her exactly.
Therefore they used that rope like in former times after the competition.
The 5th attempt has been scored finally with 77 somewhat m and the bronze medal.

Really fair.
That girl was happy...

Edit : protest by China,because their athlete dropped to 4th place...understandable.

It's not fair. I'm happy that Heidler got right score but Chinese girl gave up last attempt, because she was sure that she has medal. If she knew that she is ranked 4 before last attempt maybe she could be able to beat Heidler. Refs destroyed this competition.

If she thought she already had the bronze, why not try for silver, or gold?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 11, 2012 07:44

The Sicilian
The Sicilian
Anyone getting the feeling that the American women, or girls for that sake, are dominating the Olympics so far?

It has now been officially confirmed.

Not a problem with that, is there?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 11, 2012 08:06

mtaylor
Great handball - France beating Croatia.

France will without doubt become Olympic Winners - great team.
I hope so but (there's always a but) Sweden is in a great shape and is back close to their best level many years ago.

Date: August 11, 2012 08:35

shortfatfanny
Max'sKansasCity
shortfatfanny
...cool,and the swiss guys (un-)checking the length of the hammer throws probably robbed Betty Heidler a medal.
what a farce.

Edit : now they´re checking the length with the good old rope...´cause they´ve found an unverified one in their system.
respect.

Quite bizarre,the system checking those lenghts failed with scoring Heidlers 5th attempt correctly.
It was clearly seen on the screen that this attempt was over 75m...the board showed 72somewhat m.
After a certain time of complete confusion they figured out that they´ve stored a length which at first couldn´t be scored to her exactly.
The 5th attempt has been scored finally with 77 somewhat m and the bronze medal.

Really fair.
That girl was happy...

Edit : protest by China,because their athlete dropped to 4th place...understandable.

Well... they finally showed the hammer throw here in the states, and you actually did a better job of explaining what happened that the TV did... and did ya notice the Gold medal thrower was also wearing the magic yellow shoes?

and on a side note... HOLY COW!!! that hammer throw is really a helluva thing.... I almost shudder to think of its origin... guessing... people threw big metal balls at the at each by swinging it around and around with a chain (ball and chain) and then letting go at the right moment... hmmmmm... so maybe this event might be more interesting if they stood on opposited end of the field and threw at each other.... moving closer and closer until... ah ... maybe not. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-11 08:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 11, 2012 09:06

Time to celebrate a great Olympics, EVERYBODY DANCE!!! Move like Jagger

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 11, 2012 12:07

treaclefingers
szef
shortfatfanny
Max'sKansasCity
shortfatfanny
what a farce.

respect.

Really fair.
That girl was happy...

It's not fair. I'm happy that Heidler got right score but Chinese girl gave up last attempt, because she was sure that she has medal. If she knew that she is ranked 4 before last attempt maybe she could be able to beat Heidler. Refs destroyed this competition.

If she thought she already had the bronze, why not try for silver, or gold?

my thought as well.
maybe she was misinformed or misadvised by her coaches or the officials...

it´s sad that this competition ended up in such a trouble...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 11, 2012 12:09

Max´sKansasCity

Well... they finally showed the hammer throw here in the states, and you actually did a better job of explaining what happened that the TV did... and did ya notice the Gold medal thrower was also wearing the magic yellow shoes?

...yeah,those yellow shoes...kind of magic....winking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 11, 2012 18:46

The football final is a bit of a disappointment. The Brazilian team looks like a junior team. Congratulations to Mexico though. An Olympic gold medal isn't peanuts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-11 18:47 by Stoneage.

Date: August 11, 2012 19:09

Tonight in Western Europe, the female Basket-ball final USA - France
I predict a ...124 - 32 for USA...oh really ? oh yes sure !

Date: August 11, 2012 19:14

Don't worry, jpasc95. You will against us, Sweden, in handball tomorrow. Your team are clear cut favorites.

Date: August 11, 2012 19:30

Stoneage, you know that it's more comfortable to be in the outsider position than in the favorite's one.
On one game, everything is possible.

Date: August 11, 2012 19:35

Max'sKansasCity

weirdest sport (to me)(so far)?? the air gun shooting... wouldnt "spit wad shooting" would be more interesting... and what is the deal with the get-ups those guys wear?.... close 2nd weird sport.... Judo.... although it may be that the guys are just so good at it that it is hard to tell what the hell they are supposed to be doing.

I will add to weird Olympic sports list "race walking".... what is the wide wide world? It looks like a bunch of guys desperately looking for a bathroom...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 11, 2012 20:02

I've been enjoying watching the horses show one or two of those modern pentathletes who's really the boss. Not as spectacular as the assorted catastrophes in Beijing, but fun to watch.

PS: nice to see the event won by David Svoboda, who was sabotaged when in the lead in Beijing by a demon of a Chinese horse that demolished most of the showjumping course.

Right - let's see if Mo Farah can do the double. He's a local lad for me: brought up in Hounslow.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-11 21:30 by Green Lady.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 11, 2012 21:46

YES! Go MO!

Posted by: Han ()
Date: August 11, 2012 21:54

mo' Mo! smiling bouncing smiley

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: August 11, 2012 21:54

tennis in the olympics...what a joke

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 11, 2012 22:05

That was nsil-biting, but what a superbly run race by Mo Farah. Huge congrats to him. smileys with beer

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 11, 2012 23:07

Go, Jamaicaaaaaaaaaa - new world record!! Exhausting just to watch those guys. Unreal.

Date: August 12, 2012 00:39

Green Lady
Date: August 11, 2012 20:02

I've been enjoying watching the horses show one or two of those modern pentathletes who's really the boss. Not as spectacular as the assorted catastrophes in Beijing, but fun to watch.

HOLY MOLY!!!! Just saw one of the "upset" horses saying "FKU!! GET OFF OF ME!!!" to that one rider..... WHOA!!! I dont know anything about this event, but I know horse are pretty smart, and if they dont wanna... then you better notta. No means NO!

Hopefull I will get to see the whole event later.

Cant wait for all the spectacular tonight. We did see a lot of great events today... mountain biking, Mexico winning the football/soccer gold and more.. but it sounds like the T&F running is the best...

I am hoping in 2016 that there is no holding back the "good stuff" for prime time TV by NBC (because Rio is so close in time zones)... but if not... oh well(I understand that they pay a lot of the bills)(it is what it is)... at least by reading here I have a preview of what to look for.

HUGE PROPS to the French women's basketball team for earning the Silver medal, that is no small feat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-12 01:06 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 12, 2012 00:59

And with one day to go... from [www.london2012.com]

Date: August 12, 2012 01:22

I am glad that Green Lady talked about the Modern Pentathlon because I had never paid much attention to it... but what an interesting event. It was created in 1912 by the founder of the modern Olympic games Baron Pierre de Coubertin, to simulate the experience of 19th century calvary soldier who might get caught behind enemy line and have to fight with a sword and pistol, then swim and run and maybe ride an unfamiliar horse.

Thanks Green Lady smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-12 01:27 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 12, 2012 03:04

Great, Max! You got it right!

Date: August 12, 2012 03:07

By the way: Congrats to Norway for the gold in womens handball. Scandinavians haven't been too spoilt with medals this Summer Olympics.

Date: August 12, 2012 03:24

Congrats to Norway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-12 05:00 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 12, 2012 03:27

How about that crazy mountain bike racing?

The people who made that course must be sadist. I can hear them now "heh heh heh... lets make this steep hill out of nothing but boulders.... that should crash em good... it'll hurt... so good... heh heh"

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: August 12, 2012 03:35

Ray Davies for closure ceremony? Brill. Missed opportunity for our boys and no doubt.

Date: August 12, 2012 04:02

I have not done any streaming using them yet, but NBC has said that maybe they will LIVE STREAM ONLINE the closing ceromony as it happens. I wonder if it will work?

You can give it a try tomorrow... maybe at this link... [www.nbcolympics.com]

If anyone here has any useful tips for doing this ( yeah right!!.... sure they will!!!!... hahaha!!! LMAO!!!) please post them.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 12, 2012 04:28

Is it over yet? Please?

Date: August 12, 2012 04:44

NBC just did a history piece reminding us (not that I needed it, I know) that how not so long ago (just 70 years) WWII wrought havoc on London... but that war was fought and won... and now.... not so long after... London has another one of it proudest moments... hosting the Spectacular Olympic games of 2012.

BRAVO LONDON... YOU DID AWESOME... IN SO MANY WAYS... ON SO MANY LEVELS. thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 25 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home