Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29
Re: OT - 2012 London Summer Olympics
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 9, 2012 09:13

Honestman
I wasn't aware of the new rules in Boxing.It's the guy who don't fight who win ?
Pitiful referees yesterday night and some days ago...

Mazaheri (Iran) should have been the winner
Savon (Cuba) should have been the winner
Oubaali and Vastine (France) same as above

I'm really confused smiley
right !
even the Guardian admits that Conlan (Ireland) versus Oubaali (France) has taken advantage of a "kind" umpiring.
Poor Vastine, once more stolen like in Beijing in 2008. Even his Ukrainian opponent was surprised to be declared winner.

Wonderful British spirit !
yes sure we can trust our dear UK friends ! LOL !

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: August 9, 2012 13:59

jpasc95
Honestman
I wasn't aware of the new rules in Boxing.It's the guy who don't fight who win ?

right !
even the Guardian admits that Conlan (Ireland) versus Oubaali (France) has taken advantage of a "kind" umpiring.
Poor Vastine, once more stolen like in Beijing in 2008. Even his Ukrainian opponent was surprised to be declared winner.

Wonderful British spirit !
yes sure we can trust our dear UK friends ! LOL !

I'm not following the boxing but the inference of your remark is that the referees are 100% British. Is that so?

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: August 9, 2012 14:11

Journalists and box coaches (not all French) mentioned the existence of a “mafia” and “bakchich” so indeed the Wastine defeat (even his opponent couldn’t believe it) is yet another blatant demonstration of this, I’m not surprised, there have been some prosecutions in the past of Olympic Committee member selling/buying votes, that says it all.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 9, 2012 18:53

Honestman

Same thing happened with the young female boxer, Esparza....
her Chinese opponent just stood there playing defensive boxing and she racked up all the points. It's a @#$%& up point system. I used to write for a Houston area newspaper and first met this girl in 05...she's from my hometown and a real competitor, but boxing is corrupt. The clever ones work the system and fight not to lose. It's not 'fighting' anymore.
[www.chron.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-09 18:55 by stupidguy2.

Date: August 9, 2012 18:57

Max'sKansasCity
I (unexpectedly) love Sweet Sally Pearson!!!
Here is a great post race interview from her.

Although I dont know why they are calling her Sally McClellan, might be an Aussie thing

I didn't know anything about Pearson so she surprised the hell out of me, outrunning the Americans....fast.
And I love the Aussies and their nicknames!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 9, 2012 19:21

stupidguy2
Max'sKansasCity

Although I dont know why they are calling her Sally McClellan, might be an Aussie thing

I didn't know anything about Pearson so she surprised the hell out of me, outrunning the Americans....fast.
thumbs up
Loved seeing her effort, loved seeing her win, loved seeing her reaction, love her!
It was a classic Olympic moment, just awesome.

Date: August 9, 2012 19:39

Max'sKansasCity
stupidguy2
Max'sKansasCity

thumbs up
Loved seeing her effort, loved seeing her win, loved seeing her reaction, love her!

Man, I'm going to miss the Olympics! I don't get people who don't watch.
You discover people, stories and root for the underdogs or whomever has a great back story.
For two straight weeks, ts a constantly unfolding drama.
I pity those too cynical or blasé to enjoy and embrace the Olympics.

Date: August 9, 2012 20:02

stupidguy2
Max'sKansasCity
stupidguy2
Max'sKansasCity

thumbs up

Man, I'm going to miss the Olympics! I don't get people who don't watch.
You discover people, stories and root for the underdogs or whomever has a great back story.
For two straight weeks, ts a constantly unfolding drama.
I pity those too cynical or blasé to enjoy and embrace the Olympics.
Yeah I am going to get a case of withdrawl when it is over, but I sure have enjoyed watching it, I forget about some of these sports, and then it comes on YEAH!!! e.g. the good ole baton hand off track relay races... WOW!!!... but yeah... about the cynics... and there is no shortage of those on IORR... oh well.... anyway...

for people who read this thread....

did you see this headline/story?

=========================================
===============================================
=====================================================
Olympics closing ceremony could feature the Stones, Elton John... and, of course, the Spice Girls
on [popwatch.ew.com]

The music director of Sunday’s Olympics closing ceremony tells the London Telegraph that the event “should be the greatest after-party in the world” — and judging from the details that have leaked so far, we tend to agree. Between Adele crooning “Someone Like You,” members of Pink Floyd performing “Wish You Were Here,” and a “galaxy” of other British stars rumored to include the Rolling Stones, Elton John, George Michael, Queen, Ray Davies of the Kinks, the Who, Muse, and, of course, the Spice Girls, all that’s missing is a cameo from some Tupacian Beatles holograms.

The identities of the event’s performers are officially supposed to remain secret until Sunday — but there are plenty of things we do know for sure about the Ceremony. The Telegraph explains that the production — tape-delayed, naturally, to a 7 p.m. ET start time on American shores — will last two and a half hours and is titled “A Symphony of British Music.” Over 4,100 performers will move to backing tracks prerecorded by the London Symphony Orchestra; only vocals will be performed live. The show’s spectacular set was designed by Es Devlin, who’s worked with Lady Gaga and Rihanna in the past. In addition to big-name performers, the Symphony will feature the traditional march of athletes, a montage of Games highlights, and a speech by Queen Elizabeth II.

And while a list of definite performers hasn’t been released, music director David Arnold did tell the British paper that when he took the job, he “went through The Guinness Book of Hit Singles, from 1956 onwards, looking at the top 20 records for that year, and reducing that to 10 for each year. So you’ve got more than 500 songs, all of which you know, all of which were brilliant, any combination of which would make for an amazing show.”

About 30 pieces, including classical compositions, made the final roster. Arnold says they’ll be performed by around 20 household names in a show that’s “beautiful, cheeky, cheesy, camp, silly and thrilling.” Especially if it involves platform shoes and ostentatious Union Jack apparel.
===========================================
===========================================

It will probably bring out the IORR naysayers blah balhing about the Stones playing... but I am simply reposting a story... so take it at that. period.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-09 20:42 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 9, 2012 20:27

Max,
Part of it for me is that it takes me back to a different era - pre-internet, cable even, when people had a shared experienced. we don't get that anymore.
I remember Olga Corbut, Mark Spitz and his red, white and blue speedo, Nadia in 76...and those Leroy Neiman prints we would get at Burger King...(remember those?)
In this day and age, its rare that the world sees the same thing, is moved by the same things on television. We get to experience that again with the Olympics. For two weeks, we share something with the world.
I love it.

Date: August 9, 2012 20:35

stupidguy2
Max,
Part of it for me is that it takes me back to a different era - pre-internet, cable even, when people had a shared experienced. we don't get that anymore.
I remember Olga Corbut, Mark Spitz and his red, white and blue speedo, Nadia in 76...and those Leroy Neiman prints we would get at Burger King...(remember those?)
In this day and age, its rare that the world sees the same thing, is moved by the same things on television. We get to experience that again with the Olympics. For two weeks, we share something with the world.
I love it.
RIGHT ON MAN!!! (cant bring myself to call you stupid)
I could not have said that better, it is a mix of all of it... Good times of old.... and good times of new... Good times

and can you imagine if that rumor turns out to be true (I kind of doubt it will be true)(but wouldnt the Stones hitting the stage live be an amazing ending to one of the best Olympics ever?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-09 20:40 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 9, 2012 23:36

Can we agree that Sally Person is "our girl"?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 9, 2012 23:37

Women's Soccer Final -

United States 2

Japan 1

Congrats!!

Date: August 9, 2012 23:54

Chris Fountain
Women's Soccer Final -

United States 2

Japan 1

Congrats!!

an avalanche of USA women's gold started last night with Misty and Kerri and on to water polo and then to soccer.... next up (hopefully) basketball, I am in love with them all, they did so good, and it is no easy feat every team they faced was awesome too... now we are singing!!!.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 9, 2012 23:55

Women's Water Polo Final -

USA 8 v Spain 5

USA wins Gold, Spain Silver.

Woo Hoo!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 9, 2012 23:59

Can't believe that Jamaica isn't higher on the medal list... They just went 1-2-3 in the 200m with Bolt taking the Gold... Hope I get to see a replay... Seriously thinking that I'll need to take two weeks off from work in 2016... This has just been way to much fun!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: August 10, 2012 00:38

Congratulations to Jade Jones in the Taekwondu - excellent stuff!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 10, 2012 00:50

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 10, 2012 00:51

Welsh Stone
Congratulations to Jade Jones in the Taekwondu - excellent stuff!
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 10, 2012 00:54

The medalboards MKC keeps on posting are of course incorrect. GB is on third place and will end up on third place.

Posted by: szef ()
Date: August 10, 2012 01:14

Two main candidates for final in men's volleyball - Poland and USA are out after quarter finals. Bulgaria in semi-final. WTF?

Date: August 10, 2012 01:15

Stoneage
The medalboards MKC keeps on posting are of course incorrect. GB is on third place and will end up on third place.
and the medalsboards that Stoneage keeps pos..... oh wait.... Stoneage doesnt post anyhing, except whining about what others do.

You dont like it Stoneage? then post your own and quit bitching all the time.

Date: August 10, 2012 01:30

I think the USA women's soccer team can beat Manchester Union!!smileys with beer

Date: August 10, 2012 01:31

I'm not bitching, Max. I'm just pointing out the fact that you keep on posting incorrect medalboards. That's a fact. Nothing else.

Date: August 10, 2012 01:35

Stoneage
I'm not bitching, Max. I'm just pointing out the fact that you keep on posting incorrect medalboards. That's a fact. Nothing else.

Please keep in mind that the medal count is constantly evolving. It's not real time. However, any anomalies outdated must be reported.

Date: August 10, 2012 01:35

Stoneage

Always with the drama here on IORR,
I am not making this up... [sports.yahoo.com]
as I said, if you dont like it, find and post your own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-10 01:37 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 10, 2012 01:47

It's not that, Chris. It's the order of priority. Gold counts first, not the number of medals. That is the recognized way of presenting an Olympic medalboard. It's unnecessary and confusing to have people posting two different types of medal boards (one incorrect and one correct). But since Max insists on posting the wrong one there is nothing more I can do. So, I give up!

Date: August 10, 2012 01:50

Stoneage
It's not that, Chris. It's the order of priority. Gold counts first, not the number of medals. That is the recognized way of presenting an Olympic medalboard. It's unnecessary and confusing to have people posting two different types of medal boards (one incorrect and one correct). But since Max insists on posting the wrong one there is nothing more I can do. So, I give up!
oh boo hoo.... such a travesty on such an important issue.
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! OH THE CHILDREN!!

Date: August 10, 2012 01:52

It is just stoneage, again, posting about ANYTHING EXCEPT things about Olympic events. I doubt he is even watching, just posting here to complain and/or act like a cop on the beat.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 10, 2012 02:02

It seems like Bob Costas always emphasizes total medals when he presents the medal count. To get an accurate picture of who is doing well I guess you should look at both gold medals and total medals. A country can have thirty total medals but only two gold and another country can have four gold but only five total medals.

Date: August 10, 2012 02:05

Max'sKansasCity
It is just stoneage, again, posting about ANYTHING EXCEPT things about Olympic events. I doubt he is even watching, just posting here to complain and/or act like a cop on the beat.

Maybe he has a point. Max, what is the media source of medal count? Are news agencies reporting medal counts in a biased manner? For example, I'm using USA Today website as a reference. They re very impartial.

On another subject -Funny thing today. All media outlets in US reported that
"Face- eating man speaks out" Should read "Face-eaten man speaks out."

The story was about the homeless guy that was attacked in Miami by a cannabalistic lunatic not too long ago.

Hell, they accused the attacker of being on bath salts, which were not found in his blood system.

With all the hoopla lately concerning bath salts - I went out and purchased some. I threw them in the bath tub. I didn't get a buzz at all.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2581
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home