Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

6.) The Last Time
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: August 19, 2012 13:53

Re: 6.) The Last Time
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 19, 2012 14:09

Splendid

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 19, 2012 14:34

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 19, 2012 15:07

proudmary

Where are the hands of the "travelo"in the middle. I am afrait >grinning smiley<

Date: August 19, 2012 15:29

I wonder where this photo was taken?

btw, I've never heard that Freddie Mercury was called short. His height - 5 ft 9 in (175 cm). This photo shows Mick is few inches taller but still the discussion about how small Mick is doesn't stop

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 19, 2012 15:34

....Yeah but Freddie would have been in queen-size shoes

ROCKMAN

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 19, 2012 15:34

Good ones
jeroen

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 19, 2012 16:28

proudmary

I think it´s backstage at a Queen Wembley show (86?)

Date: August 19, 2012 16:29

JJackFl

Is that backstage when they opened for the Winos at the New Year´s Eve show?

Date: August 19, 2012 16:32

TooTough
proudmary

It´s backstage at a Queen Wembley show (1986)
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 19, 2012 16:33

proudmary

This photo shows Mick is a few inches taller

No it doesn't. Mick is standing closer to the camera.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 19, 2012 16:39

some great photos!

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 19, 2012 16:43

JJackFl--

MARVELOUS photographs!!!! Thank you!!!!

Drew

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: August 19, 2012 16:53

All these photos are interesting. But it would seem that most fans here are wedded to the past. I read few posts about their modern music, from the 1990's to the present. Nor do I see many calls for the Stones to put out new modern innovative music, in line with current trends.

Of course, the Stones were more photogenic many years ago. I find it a bit shallow that these and similar pictures are displayed on this forum so frequently.

The name of this thread, The Last Time, tells the whole story.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 19, 2012 17:03

Thank you JJackFl and proudmary for the wonderful pictures.

Date: August 19, 2012 18:00

tatters
proudmary

You can't be serious, right?
But let's try here - who is closer to the camera?

Paul McCartney height 5 ft 11 in

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: August 19, 2012 19:22

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 19, 2012 19:42

proudmary

It is backstage at the Queen's Wembley gig in 1986 I believe, Mick can be seen in the bonus footage on the Wembley 86' DVD

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 20, 2012 18:05

Freddy... your place or mine`??
Mick....´` no darling... got no time now!!

Ive got to f... these little fans of the band up, and put a app on the sites
Cause you know... in 2012, or was it 2013 gonna be the last tour

bye now Freddy and take care""

jeroen

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 20, 2012 21:26

flilflam
All these photos are interesting. But it would seem that most fans here are wedded to the past. I read few posts about their modern music, from the 1990's to the present. Nor do I see many calls for the Stones to put out new modern innovative music, in line with current trends.

Of course, the Stones were more photogenic many years ago. I find it a bit shallow that these and similar pictures are displayed on this forum so frequently.

The name of this thread, The Last Time, tells the whole story.

Start a thread and post the pictures from 1990's to present winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: August 20, 2012 21:46

proudmary
the discussion about how small Mick is doesn't stop
You're exaggerating just a tad.

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: August 20, 2012 22:12

we who care deeply about the second half of the Stones career - kicked off in 1989 - are in the majority. many feel that sometime in the mid-1980s the Stones as a real band came to an end. I find the Stones story from 1982 on to be the really interesting one - how they survived, how they transformed their stage show, how they withstood each other, how they transformed the Stones from band to brand, all of that - to be the really interesting tale. And that's from someone who has seen them well over 15 times since '89, on every tour but one, and has never left disappointed.

It's true that the '82 tour was the last time they just put themselves out there as a five piece band, with just a keyboard and piano, and a couple horn players - and really played like a band. The conventional wisdom here is that the rest is just Vegas, following the template laid down in 1989 with little variation and more and more elaborate schemes to cover their declining skills (in particular Keith's and Ronnie's). I don't deny that for the most part, But while the majority here I beleive see that as the end of the story, I kind of feel like the mid-1980s is where the story gets interesting!

To each his own...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 21, 2012 01:31

Happy24
proudmary

It is backstage at the Queen's Wembley gig in 1986 I believe, Mick can be seen in the bonus footage on the Wembley 86' DVD

Never knew they ever met each other ....always amazed so many pictures pop up I never seen before

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: August 21, 2012 03:20

This picture instantly reminds me of how excited I would get when the Hang Fire video would come on MTV. Which was rare indeed. This is my era of the Stones, when I got into them. I was 12 and thought they were Gods. I wanted to be Keith Richards so badly. Mind you at this point I knew of virtually nothing else they had done up to that point. Tattoo You was my on-ramp to the World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band.

1982 to 1988 was not an easy time to be a teenage Stones' fan. I spent those years scrounging flea markets and garage sales with my Dad to find EVERY ONE of their albums. I would steal my older brothers 1981 "dragon" concert shirt and wear it to school in 7th grade and I felt so cool. Many times I bonded with teachers over my love of the band, but I had very few friends who liked the Stones. But I didn't care at all. I was recently trying to explain to my wife the shear joy I felt when I first played a tattered copy of Sticky Fingers at age 13 on a crappy old stereo I pieced together. Why would Exile on Main St sound PERFECT to a 14 year old in 1984? I can't explain it...but I thank Jah for it.

Sorry to go on, but this picture tapped into something in me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-21 03:24 by punkfloyd.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 21, 2012 04:56

proudmary
tatters
proudmary

You can't be serious, right?
But let's try here - who is closer to the camera?

Paul McCartney height 5 ft 11 in

Nope. I met and stood next to George Harrison. He was 5'9" at the most.
He was 5'11" in Beatle boots.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 21, 2012 05:10

punkfloyd
This picture instantly reminds me of how excited I would get when the Hang Fire video would come on MTV. Which was rare indeed. This is my era of the Stones, when I got into them. I was 12 and thought they were Gods. I wanted to be Keith Richards so badly. Mind you at this point I knew of virtually nothing else they had done up to that point. Tattoo You was my on-ramp to the World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band.

1982 to 1988 was not an easy time to be a teenage Stones' fan. I spent those years scrounging flea markets and garage sales with my Dad to find EVERY ONE of their albums. I would steal my older brothers 1981 "dragon" concert shirt and wear it to school in 7th grade and I felt so cool. Many times I bonded with teachers over my love of the band, but I had very few friends who liked the Stones. But I didn't care at all. I was recently trying to explain to my wife the shear joy I felt when I first played a tattered copy of Sticky Fingers at age 13 on a crappy old stereo I pieced together. Why would Exile on Main St sound PERFECT to a 14 year old in 1984? I can't explain it...but I thank Jah for it.

Sorry to go on, but this picture tapped into something in me.

Great story and great pictures, punkfloyd. It's nice to be reminded every once in a while why this forum exists.

Date: August 21, 2012 15:16

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: August 21, 2012 20:36

super slike!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home