Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 29
OT - 2012 London Summer Olympics
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 25, 2012 04:43

Opening ceremonies are this Friday July 27th with the games starting on Saturday the 28th.

Looking forward to some great competition in Soccer, Rowing, Track, Swimming, Volleyball, Boxing, and Cycling.

Re: OT - 2012 London Summer Olympics
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 25, 2012 05:00

Whoo Hoo Let the games begin. I would love to take a short trip over the pond to watch some of the events. I wonder what the event tickets and lodging are like over there? Out of control? Stones level frenzy? peace

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 25, 2012 05:12

Don't get us started about the tickets - if anyone, anywhere actually understands the ticketing process, I've yet to meet them.

The torch relay came through Richmond this morning - thousands of people watching (in brilliant sunshine at last - most of it has been in pouring rain). The inevitable grouches are muttering about waste of money and planning to emigrate for the duration, but since it's here I'm planning to enjoy it.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 25, 2012 06:20

yes a great excitement for sure !
It's like a huge party where everyone is welcome
What a pity it's only every four years.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: July 25, 2012 09:57

The Sicilian
Opening ceremonies are this Friday July 27th with the games starting on Saturday the 28th.

Looking forward to some great competition in Soccer, Rowing, Track, Swimming, Volleyball, Boxing, and Cycling.

The competition is beginning today, july 25th, for the soccer.

Posted by: MadeinEngland ()
Date: July 25, 2012 10:42

Theres that much mystery around the opening of the games on Friday even the person to light the Olympic torch doesn't even know yet.With all this secrecy going on I've a feeling The Stones might just show up.

The Rolling Stones
Made in England

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 25, 2012 10:49

The Olympic torch relay came to my part of town (a mile or two away from the main venues) on Saturday. It was a very buzzy and exciting atmosphere. On the downside, we are all being told to stay at home to give the already groaning transport system a chance to cope!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 25, 2012 10:59

...and nowadays olympics really tatoos themselves....one could believe they are Metallica-fans everyone....

Jörgen Persson is doin his 7th Olympic Games...without tatoos....

Go for Gold Jörgen!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 25, 2012 11:04

Massimo68
The competition is beginning today, july 25th, for the soccer.

Yes, but on the official website [www.london2012.com] they call it football smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 25, 2012 14:21

Torch relay slideshow from the BBC:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 25, 2012 15:41

..and a pic from flashy games 1908:

2 1 2 0

Date: July 25, 2012 16:40

I've heard via the BBC about a lot of people complaining about it. Hilarious!

Date: July 25, 2012 17:56

It's an old and honoured British custom to complain about everything, and especially to complain about big events that everyone is supposed to enjoy, like Christmas and the Olympics. One needs to be seen to be above actually getting interested or enthusiastic like the common herd - and of course WE have booked our holiday for the Olympic fortnight in a remote villa with no TV where we will congratulate ourselves on being able to pretend it isn't happening. Oh yes, and it's a waste of money, too.

Bah Olympic humbug! Let them complain - I think they enjoy moaning and bitching, just like some of us.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2012 18:01

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

That happened in Vancouver in 2010 as well...it's part of the phunn.

Date: July 25, 2012 18:04

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

It's amazing how something that big that is going to be a financial boom can be such a pain in the ass that people complain about. Obviously some people in London need to grow some.

Date: July 25, 2012 18:11

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

It's amazing how something that big that is going to be a financial boom can be such a pain in the ass that people complain about. Obviously some people in London need to grow some.

It's mainly people on the margin, that derive less, or perceive they derive less, of the benefits.

There are always going to be complainers....look at this board for classic examples.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 25, 2012 18:11

The Olympics these days: To much money, to much corruption, to much risk, to much building work, to much of everything. And a major city like London doesn't need this kind of attention it already has enough of its own. I never understood why they got it in the first place. It must have been corruption. My major concern this time around isn't necesssarily the medal boards (Sweden's Olympic Troop is probably the weakest in modern times) - it's the safety issue. Let's all hope that nothing sinister happens during these games.

Date: July 25, 2012 19:20

i just hope it is warm enough for the beach volleyball bikinis

what are the odds, here?

this is serious business

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: July 25, 2012 19:52

I just read that hotel room rates are dropping rapidly because the actual demand is nowhere close to what was expected.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 26, 2012 01:06

.......................... Stephanie's Hot...

...........................and it's always nice to see what she's up to when out of the pool

ROCKMAN

Date: July 26, 2012 03:13

Rockman

...........................and it's always nice to see what she's up to when out of the pool

Good lord is that a 'C'section scar?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 26, 2012 07:05

Good lord is that a 'C'section scar?

......dunno treacle.... about all I can tell is Steph's Hot .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 26, 2012 07:18

Prostitutes are not happy with the Olympic games in London
They claim that they're gonna lose lots of money ..their usual customers will maybe prefer to spend money in other kinds of activities.
Oh man, it's a real tragedy !

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 26, 2012 14:22

Stoneage
The Olympics these days: To much money, to much corruption, to much risk, to much building work, to much of everything. And a major city like London doesn't need this kind of attention it already has enough of its own. I never understood why they got it in the first place. It must have been corruption. My major concern this time around isn't necesssarily the medal boards (Sweden's Olympic Troop is probably the weakest in modern times) - it's the safety issue. Let's all hope that nothing sinister happens during these games.

Yeah, imagine awarding it to a city of 8 million people that hasnt hosted it in 64 years, which can afford it and which has the infrastructure, venues and hotels to be able to stage it. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 26, 2012 18:54

Green Lady
It's an old and honoured British custom to complain about everything, and especially to complain about big events that everyone is supposed to enjoy, like Christmas and the Olympics. One needs to be seen to be above actually getting interested or enthusiastic like the common herd - and of course WE have booked our holiday for the Olympic fortnight in a remote villa with no TV where we will congratulate ourselves on being able to pretend it isn't happening. Oh yes, and it's a waste of money, too.

Bah Olympic humbug! Let them complain - I think they enjoy moaning and bitching, just like some of us.

What a bunch of scrooges.....but there's always people like that.
I love the Olympics. Just think: these people actually worked/earned their fame. In a day of reality tv stars, these athletes remind us of real achievement.

Date: July 26, 2012 22:04

Rockman

yup. the tomb raider..beats speedo

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 27, 2012 03:05

Good luck London!!...

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 27, 2012 06:26

Rockman

My favorite Aussie swimmer! That smile.
Looks like Phelps is impressed too....
I worry about her shoulder though....they're stacking the odds against her because of the injury, but here's hoping she pulls out a gold in both 400 and 200 Individual medley. Without the injury, Rice still has the record time.

[www.zimbio.com]

Date: July 27, 2012 14:02

The Olympic Torch being carried down the Thames by the "Gloriana" this morning - picture by Green Lady.

(p.s. nobody on the bridge because it's a major road and police did not allow it - plenty on the riverside cheering and waving).

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: July 27, 2012 14:51

Let the games begin...GO CANADA

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home