Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 29
Re: OT - 2012 London Summer Olympics
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 7, 2012 21:55

Should horse dressage be an Olympic sport?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 7, 2012 21:59

kleermaker
Fantastic to see. I also like Epke Zonderland's haircut: he's a true rocker (without the coke).

Did you check his hands in that picture? smoking smiley

Looking forward to see this tonight, but I doubt if nbc will show it.

Date: August 7, 2012 22:00

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 7, 2012 22:02

Max'sKansasCity

From what I've heard from horse breeders imo it should be banned completely, the horses necks get contorted causing pain in later life and they actually forget how to walk and run freely; and some owners refuse to take their horses out on a run lest they get bad habits, like cantering and galloping as horses should.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-07 22:03 by EddieByword.

Date: August 7, 2012 22:04

Koen
kleermaker
Fantastic to see. I also like Epke Zonderland's haircut: he's a true rocker (without the coke).

smiling smiley funny!!!

here is Al Pacino prepping for his routine winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-07 22:05 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 7, 2012 22:06

2012 London Summer Olympics

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 7, 2012 22:09

EddieByword
Max'sKansasCity

From what I've heard from horse breeders imo it should be banned completely, the horses necks get contorted causing pain in later life and they actually forget how to walk and run freely; and some owners refuse to take their horses out on a run lest they get bad habits, like cantering and galloping as horses should.

Thanks Eddie, that is interesting. I dont know much about it, but it does not really look natural for the horses doing it.

With that being said....
Whole hearted congratulations the horses/countries who earned medals.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-07 22:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 7, 2012 22:14

Rolling Hansie

I like it, like it... YES I DO!! smileys with beer thumbs uphot smileyeye popping smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmoking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 7, 2012 22:20

Max'sKansasCity
Koen
kleermaker

smiling smiley funny!!!

Here's 'ol Scarface prepping for the Winter Olympics:

Date: August 7, 2012 22:21

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity
Koen
kleermaker

smiling smiley funny!!!

Here's 'ol Scarface prepping for the Winter Olympics:

LOL!!!!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 7, 2012 22:55

Max'sKansasCity
EddieByword
Max'sKansasCity

Thanks Eddie, that is interesting. I dont know much about it, but it does not really look natural for the horses doing it.

With that being said....
Whole hearted congratulations the horses/countries who earned medals.

I don't know that much but the woman who owns the stables where I go riding also breeds show jumpers, she was telling us about some of the unseen practices in the horse world including what I written above, she also said that it's not actually unusual for 'dressage' horses to never see beyond indoor training arenas and their stables. Some people have no regard for the true welfare of animals when it comes to fame and glory and money.
There's a 'prestigous' dog show here called Crufts. To win, dogs need to be bred to certain 'standards'. Trouble is these standards are rendering dogs disfunctional and breeding in anatomical problems, especially to do with breathing and bone strength. Well a couple of years ago the R.S.P.C.A. disassociated themselves from the dog show. Good job, hoping they'll move similarly re. dressage, soon.
I think if people want to contort and sculpt their own bodies with the view to obtaining some sort of "perfection" - fine, but leave the animals out of it, I say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-07 22:59 by EddieByword.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 7, 2012 23:01

stonesrule
kleermaker, you have managed to take a really worthwhile topic and make it a nighmare of stupidity.

Ah! The mighty kleermaker!

Date: August 7, 2012 23:03

EddieByword
I don't know that much but the woman who owns the stables where I go riding also breeds show jumpers, she was telling us about some of the unseen practices in the horse world including what I written above, she also said that it's not actually unusual for 'dressage' horses to never see beyond indoor training arenas and their stables. Some people have no regard for the true welfare of animals when it comes to fame and glory and money.
There's a 'prestigous' dog show here called Crufts. To win, dogs need to be bred to certain 'standards'. Trouble is these standards are rendering dogs disfunctional and breeding in anatomical problems, especially to do with breathing and bone strength. Well a couple of years ago the R.S.P.C.A. disassociated themselves from the dog show. Good job, hoping they'll move similarly re. dressage, soon.

I think if people want to contort and sculpt their own bodies with the view to obtaining some sort of "perfection" - fine, but leave the animals out of it, I say.
1000xAGREE... Right on Eddie.

I also find the other issues bothersome...
"it's not actually unusual for 'dressage' horses to never see beyond indoor training arenas and their stables"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-07 23:08 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 7, 2012 23:18

kleermaker
stonesrule
kleermaker, you have managed to take a really worthwhile topic and make it a nighmare of stupidity.

Ah! The mighty kleermaker!

kleermaker ?

Date: August 7, 2012 23:33

Latest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-07 23:47 by Max'sKansasCity.

Mick Jagger, L'Wren Scott and Lucas Jagger at the Olympic Games in London (photos)
Posted by: viejorolinga ()
Date: August 7, 2012 16:57

Iorr thanks! , To allow sharing information

[]

Re: Mick Jagger, L'Wren Scott and Lucas Jagger at the Olympic Games in London (photos)
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 7, 2012 17:03

Please post this in the London 2012 Olympics thread.

Re: Mick Jagger, L'Wren Scott and Lucas Jagger at the Olympic Games in London (photos)
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 7, 2012 17:27

Stoneage
Please post this in the London 2012 Olympics thread.

" Uhmmm...because ? "

Date: August 7, 2012 17:43

Because it's easier to keep track of one thread than fourteen. It's all about coordination, SFF!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 7, 2012 18:12

Stoneage
Because it's easier to keep track of one thread than fourteen. It's all about coordination, SFF!

This would get lost in the London Olympics thread...quit telling people what to do...or something.

Date: August 7, 2012 18:23

Now you're telling me what to do, aren't you, treaclefingers? Forget what I said then, create as many threads as you want and remind me never to give advice to anyone around here.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 7, 2012 18:28

Which event are they at?
Is this the incredible badminton match?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 7, 2012 19:49

Stoneage
Now you're telling me what to do, aren't you, treaclefingers? Forget what I said then, create as many threads as you want and remind me never to give advice to anyone around here.

ok....should I do that now or save for a later time?

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 7, 2012 21:59

But the post isn't ABOUT the Olympics, The subject of the post is a collection of photos of Mick Family II that happened to be taken AT the Olympics.

I think this is fair game for it's own thread. I wouldn't got to a thread on The Olympics if I was looking for pix of Mick, L'Wren & Lucas.

The thread police strike again!

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: August 7, 2012 23:19

Stoneage

Hi Stoneage, I felt the very same when last year I put up a message that Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor would join the Stones for the 50th celebrations...... I was told utter rubbish/ can't possibly happen..... WHAT HAPPENED MT played on the reissued Exile, he played with Ronnie and has now rehearsed - along with BW - with the Stones. So you keep on giving your advice drinking smiley

Date: August 7, 2012 23:33

Thanks for your support, bestfour. Apparently, sometimes you'll just have to give in. Doesn't matter if you're wrong or right. Fortunatelly, it's just a petty matter.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: August 7, 2012 23:41

damn who cares where he puts it...in the end it's all the same...

Mick looks terrible...just delete it hahahaha

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 7, 2012 23:42

and remind me never to give advice to anyone around here.

before ya go ...ya don't happen to know how to get beetroot stains out of bed sheets do ya???

ROCKMAN

Date: August 7, 2012 23:54

[www.medalspercapita.com]

GRENADA!! GRENADA !! GRENADA!!

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 7, 2012 23:55

Rockman
and remind me never to give advice to anyone around here.

before ya go ...ya don't happen to know how to get beetroot stains out of bed sheets do ya???

Hey Rockman - move this to the beetroot stains thread!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2230
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home