Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 27 of 29
Re: Stones to jam in studio this month
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 22, 2011 23:57

StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
andrewt
The penalty for being wrong would be the end of the Stones. That's a pretty stiff penalty if you ask me.

but they've been wrong for years now...this deserves punishment no matter what the future holds for the stones...

How about being forced to listen to Superheavy and Monkey Grip for about 48 hours straight? Would that be punishment enough?

good ol' monkey grip, monkey grip? i like that one...

Ding dong bell, pussy's in the well!

Er, can we say "pussy" here? confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-22 23:58 by 71Tele.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 23, 2011 01:44

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
andrewt
The penalty for being wrong would be the end of the Stones. That's a pretty stiff penalty if you ask me.

but they've been wrong for years now...this deserves punishment no matter what the future holds for the stones...

How about being forced to listen to Superheavy and Monkey Grip for about 48 hours straight? Would that be punishment enough?

good ol' monkey grip, monkey grip? i like that one...

Ding dong bell, pussy's in the well!

Er, can we say "pussy" here? confused smiley
You just did.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 23, 2011 02:36

Gazza
superrevvy
But what if its substantially not the same act, but a more music-centric Stones,
featuring Wyman and Taylor too and Ben Waters possibly?

Sounds brilliant, but it wont make anywhere near the same amount of money.

And thats what matters most. Unfortunately.

Yeah, but isn't less money a given already, with the conventional wisdom being
it won't be a two-year-long mega-tour no matter what? So what you have then
is a limited supply of shows coupled with (if you call them farewell shows)
a possibly huge demand. So (maybe) you then can fill stadiums with just big
screens and hi-fi sound. Mick's still gonna jump around of course. But it's
essentially a goodbye. A review of 50 years of music will be the show, and
the emotion will be the spectacle.

Giving me chills already. I know, just my imagination...

Date: December 25, 2011 05:25

Gazza
71Tele
[It's like a broken clock being right twice a day. Keep saying it's a "done deal" for enough years and eventually these folks will be proven right.

Aside from that being true, there have been plans since 2007 to do some shows or even some touring. For various reasons, they just never came off (my own guess being either Patti Hansen's illness (which wasnt made public at the time) and/or Ronnie's mad 'lost weekend' around 2009). The band even discussed doing shows around the Exile reissue last year.

I just get the impression they cant be motivated if it means doing anything on a small scale. And if theyre going to feel the need to rehearse for a few weeks to do a couple of shows, the logic seems to be that its not worth the effort so they either do a big tour or nothing at all.

Just goes to show, things are not what they seem. The Rolling Stones are NOT about the music, because if that was the case then none of this would even be mentioned yet alone true.

Small scale rehearsals would be because of the amount of songs, not the scale (video, horns, etc for stadiums). Mick associates large scale with success so small scale is out of the question. Licks was strictly convenience. He was clear they lost money doing the small shows - WHY is beyond anyone to figure since they were already in said city. It still cost the same to move the stage in town A and put up stage 2 in town B while stage 1 from town A was going to town C so 'losing money' should not have been the issue. It was 'We didn't make enough money to warrant what we did'. Gee, sorry you actually strayed from the cardiac machine of playing it safe and had to do some 'other' songs for your so called 'fans'.

Discussing something and doing something for Exile are way two different things. Ronnie would have been a part of it ie shows since it was The Rolling Stones but for some reason The Rolling Stones going on about Exile were represented as Mick, Keith and Charlie for the entire Exile trip and nobody else. Yes I am acutely aware Ronnie has nothing to do with Exile the album but that means nothing in terms of the band playing songs from it in 2010 or if ever, just as they have since 1975.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 26, 2011 07:30

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Gazza
71Tele
[It's like a broken clock being right twice a day. Keep saying it's a "done deal" for enough years and eventually these folks will be proven right.

Aside from that being true, there have been plans since 2007 to do some shows or even some touring. For various reasons, they just never came off (my own guess being either Patti Hansen's illness (which wasnt made public at the time) and/or Ronnie's mad 'lost weekend' around 2009). The band even discussed doing shows around the Exile reissue last year.

I just get the impression they cant be motivated if it means doing anything on a small scale. And if theyre going to feel the need to rehearse for a few weeks to do a couple of shows, the logic seems to be that its not worth the effort so they either do a big tour or nothing at all.

Just goes to show, things are not what they seem. The Rolling Stones are NOT about the music, because if that was the case then none of this would even be mentioned yet alone true.

Small scale rehearsals would be because of the amount of songs, not the scale (video, horns, etc for stadiums). Mick associates large scale with success so small scale is out of the question. Licks was strictly convenience. He was clear they lost money doing the small shows - WHY is beyond anyone to figure since they were already in said city. It still cost the same to move the stage in town A and put up stage 2 in town B while stage 1 from town A was going to town C so 'losing money' should not have been the issue. It was 'We didn't make enough money to warrant what we did'. Gee, sorry you actually strayed from the cardiac machine of playing it safe and had to do some 'other' songs for your so called 'fans'.

Discussing something and doing something for Exile are way two different things. Ronnie would have been a part of it ie shows since it was The Rolling Stones but for some reason The Rolling Stones going on about Exile were represented as Mick, Keith and Charlie for the entire Exile trip and nobody else. Yes I am acutely aware Ronnie has nothing to do with Exile the album but that means nothing in terms of the band playing songs from it in 2010 or if ever, just as they have since 1975.

I personally am very glad Ronnie had nothing to do with promoting "Exile". It would have just been...wrong.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: December 26, 2011 23:05

Anyone who thinks the Stones are not going to tour next year is delusional (I mean that with love). If you paid any attention to what motivates these guys, how they operate etc it's plain as day there will be a tour. There is no meaningful "rift" between Keith and Mick, it's all abojut generating buzz and the kind of things that annoy people who have had a relationship of 50+ years.

Short of health issues interfering with the ability to insure or actually tour, the Rolling Stones will be on the road in full force next year. They may be toying with trying to get all past members on board in some capacity out of recognition of their own mortality and the historic importance of the 50 year mark, and that in itself is a plus and would make the tour actually be different than anything I have ssen since my first show in Passaic NJ in 1978. If you complain that they aren't as good as they used to be, hey, go try doing anything you did at age 25 when you are in your late 60's and get back to me on how well you perform on a relative basis. The point is the celebration of it all. If people making money offends you, then don't go.....but think twice about your next business move.

See ya'll on Stones tour in 2012.....or at least some of you. It's the greatest gift that the WOrld's Greatest Rock and Roll band can give their fans....one last hurrah. Life is short, dig it while you can.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-26 23:10 by Woz.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 26, 2011 23:10

Woz
Anyone who thinks the Stones are not going to tour next year is delusional (I mean that with love).

i love you very much, too

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 26, 2011 23:13

I think it's time to unsticky this thread.confused smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 27, 2011 00:40

Thank you Woz

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 27, 2011 01:04

Rolling Hansie
Thank you Woz

what woz it you thanked him for?

Date: December 27, 2011 02:22

StonesTod

Because he is "WOZ" man ... jeezzz

-------------------

Date: December 27, 2011 02:33

Rolling Hansie
StonesTod

i thot don was woz

Date: December 27, 2011 02:39

StonesTod
i thot don was woz

Of course he woz too

-------------------

Date: December 27, 2011 02:40

Rolling Hansie
StonesTod
i thot don was woz

Of course he woz too

woz (not woz)

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 28, 2011 02:02

I know someone who has been stalking the rehearsals and he told me that keith keeps peeking through the blinds waiting for mick to show up

Date: December 28, 2011 02:11

melillo
I know someone who has been stalking the rehearsals and he told me that keith keeps peeking through the blinds waiting for mick to show up

really? gazza told you that?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 28, 2011 02:23

was that one used already? sorry i havent read every page

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: December 29, 2011 19:38

"keith keeps peeking through the blinds waiting for mick"

I can remember seeing Mister Johnny Thunders doing the same thing looking for Waldo on the Bowery...

Posted by: Big Ed ()
Date: December 31, 2011 19:53

So did they jam together this month or not ?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 31, 2011 20:02

Yes and it will be probably released in 2022 on their 60 anniversary grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 31, 2011 22:52

Big Ed

No. I made it all up. eye rolling smiley

Date: December 31, 2011 22:56

Gazza
Big Ed

No. I made it all up. eye rolling smiley

homemade-up jam is the best

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 2, 2012 20:21

Woz
Anyone who thinks the Stones are not going to tour next year is delusional (I mean that with love). If you paid any attention to what motivates these guys, how they operate etc it's plain as day there will be a tour. There is no meaningful "rift" between Keith and Mick, it's all abojut generating buzz and the kind of things that annoy people who have had a relationship of 50+ years.

Short of health issues interfering with the ability to insure or actually tour, the Rolling Stones will be on the road in full force next year. They may be toying with trying to get all past members on board in some capacity out of recognition of their own mortality and the historic importance of the 50 year mark, and that in itself is a plus and would make the tour actually be different than anything I have ssen since my first show in Passaic NJ in 1978. If you complain that they aren't as good as they used to be, hey, go try doing anything you did at age 25 when you are in your late 60's and get back to me on how well you perform on a relative basis. The point is the celebration of it all. If people making money offends you, then don't go.....but think twice about your next business move.

See ya'll on Stones tour in 2012.....or at least some of you. It's the greatest gift that the WOrld's Greatest Rock and Roll band can give their fans....one last hurrah. Life is short, dig it while you can.

Brilliant! Very well said! Don Was couldn't have said it better. Nor the watchman!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 2, 2012 20:25

StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
StonesTod

i thot don was woz

smoking smiley

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: January 4, 2012 15:17

Every now and then I check this stickied thread to see if there's any news. Sadly, it's getting quite hard to tell. After not checking since Dec 1st, it's not too easy to find anything newsworthy among all these ... contributions anymore.

So I'll try and make a factlist then:

* On November 9, Keith announced a studio jam in London with Ronnie and Charlie. He kept open the options about any other past or present members joining, even Mick Jagger.
* Bill Wyman commented he hadn't been invited yet.
* Some jamming actually did take place from December 6-8, in a Chelsea studio.
* Mick Jagger attended for some time.
* Bill Wyman might have.

And that's about it. Correct me if I'm wrong or add something to the list in case I've forgotten anything non-speculative or non-imaginary.

Thanks.

Limbo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-04 15:19 by Limbostone.

Date: January 4, 2012 15:42

Limbo, Bill Wyman was there December 6-8 as was Ben Waters. Mick attended on the third day. No confirmed setlist has been reported.

Date: January 4, 2012 16:58

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Limbo, Bill Wyman was there December 6-8 as was Ben Waters. Mick attended on the third day. No confirmed setlist has been reported.

they have setlists for these kinda jammy things?

Date: January 4, 2012 18:03

Been lost and confused in this thread, did they play this month or not?

Simple question.

I don't think they did or I'd hear about it by now.

Date: January 4, 2012 18:07

steel driving hammer
Been lost and confused in this thread, did they play this month or not?

Simple question.

I don't think they did or I'd hear about it by now.

They did, as reported in this thread several times.

Bill was there, so was Ben Waters. Mick came in for day three.

Date: January 4, 2012 18:14

DandelionPowderman
They did, as reported in this thread several times.

LOL, I really do admire the kindness of some of us, who keep answering the same questions over and over again.

-------------------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 27 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home